SuperSpeed Golf training system

Breakthrough today - hit 108.5 with my actual driver after doing a superspeed routine. Started at 100-101 last year. Was religious about 3x a week when I started but slacked off for a while and now back into it for a couple of weeks. Started deadlifting with my TPI trainer as well and focus on hip flexibility.

All coming together now :)

Goal is to get to 110mph which would be awesome for my 5'10 and 150lb 45 yr old body.

That is pretty awesome. I am glad to see so many people improving. It has been sort of a dream of mine to get people to realize they have a lot more in them if they put the time in, and it doesn't require working out in the gym at all, although you are doing some but it can't really hurt (generally). Just as an example, I am 6 foot 240 lb (mostly chub) and I am 36 years old. I can swing on Trackman in the low 120s at this moment in time and that is with a short 44 inch, heavy 340 grams driver. My good friend who is 5 foot 9, 180 lbs, all muscle like rory, does dead lifts, squats you name it and he does it daily, can't break 104 with a 45.5 inch driver that is stupid light. What is the difference? I have been going to the driving range to practice hitting balls with everything I have for years, and I keep doing it to maintain what I have the best I can. I am still improving my technique, where he has stopped working on his. This SSG system is as close to what I have been doing for years, only its an "exercise" program, so it has more appeal than embarrasing yourself for a while at the driving range trying to swing fast as you can. Ok that was a little rant, sorry about that.

Back to the subject at hand. One thing I would like to mention. Be sure you are measuring improvement with something other than SSR. If you are a consistent ball striker, definitely use ball speed if you can. If you are not always consistent but want to see your raw speed increase, use a trackman or a swing caddie or mevo or flightscope or GCQ GC2-HMT. SSR can be consistent and tell you if you have improved, but it can also be just plain unreliable for a million reasons. If you don't ever want to be surprised by results on an "industry standard" launch monitor, then don't trust anything SSR says (unless its measuring speed increase with the SSG sticks, then it should be pretty darn accurate, just not with an actual club).

I can't stress this enough. This is coming from someone that has had huge swings (no pun intended) in percieved improvement because of all of these crappy devices that lie constantly.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

My update:

I am now in week 7 and only one week I didn’t do the session.

It is difficult to get more speed with the green and blue and red on my right site.

My left site is getting faster.

My green went from 112 to 113

Blue stayed at 110

Red went from 101 to 103

My left side with green went from 104 to 111

Blue went from 103 to 110

Red went from 96 to 102

The step are 114 - 113 - 105

My update:

I am now in week 7 and only one week I didn't do the session.

It is difficult to get more speed with the green and blue and red on my right site.

Blue stayed at 110

Red went from 101 to 103

Red went from 96 to 102

what is your normal game SS? Did it improve too?

Breakthrough today - hit 108.5 with my actual driver after doing a superspeed routine. Started at 100-101 last year. Was religious about 3x a week when I started but slacked off for a while and now back into it for a couple of weeks. Started deadlifting with my TPI trainer as well and focus on hip flexibility.

Goal is to get to 110mph which would be awesome for my 5'10 and 150lb 45 yr old body.

That is pretty awesome. I am glad to see so many people improving. It has been sort of a dream of mine to get people to realize they have a lot more in them if they put the time in, and it doesn't require working out in the gym at all, although you are doing some but it can't really hurt (generally). Just as an example, I am 6 foot 240 lb (mostly chub) and I am 36 years old. I can swing on Trackman in the low 120s at this moment in time and that is with a short 44 inch, heavy 340 grams driver. My good friend who is 5 foot 9, 180 lbs, all muscle like rory, does dead lifts, squats you name it and he does it daily, can't break 104 with a 45.5 inch driver that is stupid light. What is the difference? I have been going to the driving range to practice hitting balls with everything I have for years, and I keep doing it to maintain what I have the best I can. I am still improving my technique, where he has stopped working on his. This SSG system is as close to what I have been doing for years, only its an "exercise" program, so it has more appeal than embarrasing yourself for a while at the driving range trying to swing fast as you can. Ok that was a little rant, sorry about that.

Back to the subject at hand. One thing I would like to mention. Be sure you are measuring improvement with something other than SSR. If you are a consistent ball striker, definitely use ball speed if you can. If you are not always consistent but want to see your raw speed increase, use a trackman or a swing caddie or mevo or flightscope or GCQ GC2-HMT. SSR can be consistent and tell you if you have improved, but it can also be just plain unreliable for a million reasons. If you don't ever want to be surprised by results on an "industry standard" launch monitor, then don't trust anything SSR says (unless its measuring speed increase with the SSG sticks, then it should be pretty darn accurate, just not with an actual club).

I can't stress this enough. This is coming from someone that has had huge swings (no pun intended) in percieved improvement because of all of these crappy devices that lie constantly.

I use the SSR just to see if I am improving but then I use the Epson M-Tracer system on my driver to get a more accurate speed and also when I practice at the range to work on impact position and path.

I use the SSR just to see if I am improving but then I use the Epson M-Tracer system on my driver to get a more accurate speed and also when I practice at the range to work on impact position and path.

Interesting, I never tried the M-tracer. I had Skypro and Zepp and both were very bad. Skypro short changed me by 15 mph every time, couldn't edit club lengths in Android, and had screwed up swing path because of my very strong grip. Zepp was all over the place swing speed wise, but was helpful swing path wise. I don't trust these acceleromer devices at all, but if you feel M-tracer works well and is accurate for you then kudos.

I would like to hear stories of this training regimen's impact on actual driver speeds while hitting a ball --- after all, that is the point of this. I see lots of people talking about their improved speeds with the training sticks, which is great and all, but since I am curious in buying them, I would like to hear the improvement on actually hitting the ball. Thanks everyone!

I’ve not been good with keeping up. This winter/spring and work has made anything golf related tough thus far. I recently restarted with about 5 sessions in over the last two weeks and about 3 sessions in since Sat. I won’t get in another until next Tuesday.

After picking up some distance last year (about 15 yds) I know Ive lost it thus far this year. I e got work to do to get my game turned around.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I would like to hear stories of this training regimen's impact on actual driver speeds while hitting a ball --- after all, that is the point of this. I see lots of people talking about their improved speeds with the training sticks, which is great and all, but since I am curious in buying them, I would like to hear the improvement on actually hitting the ball. Thanks everyone!

Here’s an article, besides all the real world data that’s been posted in here. My ball speed has gone up about 5 mph so far.

https://www.milesofgolf.com/speed-training/

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I haven't posted in this thread in a while b/c I haven't swung the SSG sticks in over a month.

This is the time of the year in which I planned to shake off the winter rust...and really groove the swing again.

A word to the wise...be careful when swinging the SSG sticks b/c you can (and will) pick up some bad habits.

My real golf swing swing prior to SSG would go a bit farther than 45* from parallel.

Since swinging the SSG sticks...my swing (with all clubs) is past parallel...and across the line.

I think there are some real speed gains to be had b/c I'm proof positive...but...just be careful when swinging "all out" b/c bad habits my creep in.

I don't think you use the speed stick training for proper form - just for increasing your baseline fast twitch muscle speed. If I swing all out on the course or range it is a bad shot about 90% of the time - however my controlled normal shot is elevated and faster - thus making the ball go farther due to the training. And I can still pull that back more and hit pretty good 3/4 speed shots that are all in play and fairly accurate. The best way to gauge your improvements is to track all your clubs with a Garmin or similar device - I use the G6 - out on the course and then average them over time. That is the most accurate way of seeing improvement along with score and GIR etc... Over all if you track your shots you should see noticeable improvement in length and your gaps may increase - which is what i have found. Your pure shots will fly way farther and you can easily tell what your averages are with proper distance tracking out on actual golf courses - which is what we all want anyway.

Super Speed golf protocols

• Always swing aggressively! This is the most common error we see with players using the system. You should be trying to create maximum speed through the hitting area with each swing.
  • Always swing about 6-8 inches above the ground. The SuperSpeed Training clubs are not designed to hit the ground or a golf ball.
  • Always swing in the direction of the driving range or hitting net for safety.
  • If at any time you feel any pain or discomfort during the training, please discontinue use immediately and contact your health professional.

This is the point of the training. Swing as fast as possible on all swings.

This is speed training to get your body used to swinging faster.

Not to be confused with training your actual golf swing.

Initially, I focused on swing speed alone and swang as fast as possible. On course, I discovered my tempo that yielded straight and relatively long drive. It feels very slow but SS was about 105 with 260 - 270 yds. So now I use the same tempo along with core rotation and full release during SSG session. of course, workout is a must.

Here's an article, besides all the real world data that's been posted in here. My ball speed has gone up about 5 mph so far.

https://www.milesofg...speed-training/

30s male would be me.

has anyone experienced a regression? granted I was only a week into the introductory protocol but I played 3 times last weekend (the missus and the kids are away!) and I was hitting the ball alarmingly short distances, I did come down with a cold on Monday so maybe i was a bit sick and not at normal speed.

I used to when I took the winter off of golf. Now that I swing year round, I haven't regressed at all. I have also picked up a couple mph in the past years since I built my indoor bay. Just gives me the ability to keep my muscles firing fast as they can or else they go dormant and I have to wake them back up. At least that is what it feels like.

You would be surprised what a little cold can do to you. I have days where I just don't feel as strong or energetic and I can't hit the ball nearly as hard. I think that is more likely your issue.

Question that may have already been answered.

When do the program does balance matter or should you just swing as fast and aggressive as you can with no consideration given to balance?

Fast as you can is what I have understood. The goal is to teach muscles to fire fast, doesn't matter how you do it. With that however, be careful, the faster you get, the more you can hurt yourself or like Smurf, fall on your butt lol. (I have done that too).

Edit: Just to add to this. The way I see this program, its a way to teach muscles to fire fast that has no regards to technique. Once you hit a ball with your driver, you should see your stock swing speed go up naturally without feeling like you are out of balance or whatever. It is overspeed training. If you worry about bad habits, you could swing those sticks at a target, like a tee or something. Your overall speed will drop when compared to all out and nothing to aim at swing, but the benefits will still be there with the side benefit of having less bad habits potentially work into your swing. Just my thoughts.

I still subscribe to the go out and hit your driver as hard as you can school of thought, but these sticks can help when that isn't possible or at least prevent the possible embarrassment that is wiffing on a ball at the range in front of people lol.

My update:

I am now in week 7 and only one week I didn't do the session.

Blue stayed at 110

Red went from 101 to 103

Red went from 96 to 102

what is your normal game SS? Did it improve too?

Yes It did.

It went from 93 to 97 and this was on TrackMan , I am happy with that but now I want to go above 100

I've been inspired by the speed sticks and other CHS gaining threads here.

I don't have the weighted training sticks but have been doing something similar for about a month 2 or 3 times a week. At least once a week at the range and if at home the last 10 I put foot spray on the driver and hit a rubber tee looking for center contact.

This is after hitting a medium bucket and stretching.

Alignment stick - 10 as fast as possible (balanced) with max speed swish sound just past lead foot.

Standing strong side, standing weak side

Step strong side, step weak side

Driver - same as above

Breathing pretty heavy and sweaty by now.

I always save the last 10 balls then after the above workout I put foot spray on driver and give those 10 everything thing I have just like previous swings checking for contact. Never whiffed one but have come close.

Funny part is that anything fully on the club face would actually hit a generous fairway. Can't say that about my fairway finder swing.

I don't have anything to measure speed but courses that I'm familiar with seem to play consistently shorter now.

Seems to be helping and I find it REALLY fun to bash the livin' sh!t out of those 10 balls!

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

When do the program does balance matter or should you just swing as fast and aggressive as you can with no consideration given to balance?

Fast as you can is what I have understood. The goal is to teach muscles to fire fast, doesn't matter how you do it. With that however, be careful, the faster you get, the more you can hurt yourself or like Smurf, fall on your butt lol. (I have done that too).

Edit: Just to add to this. The way I see this program, its a way to teach muscles to fire fast that has no regards to technique. Once you hit a ball with your driver, you should see your stock swing speed go up naturally without feeling like you are out of balance or whatever. It is overspeed training. If you worry about bad habits, you could swing those sticks at a target, like a tee or something. Your overall speed will drop when compared to all out and nothing to aim at swing, but the benefits will still be there with the side benefit of having less bad habits potentially work into your swing. Just my thoughts.

I still subscribe to the go out and hit your driver as hard as you can school of thought, but these sticks can help when that isn't possible or at least prevent the possible embarrassment that is wiffing on a ball at the range in front of people lol.

I shot SS a message on Facebook about this.

"We don't want you falling to the ground every swing but you should be trying to be as fast as humanly possible on every swing. If you are a little off balance, that is fine during training."

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

I shot SS a message on Facebook about this.

"We don't want you falling to the ground every swing but you should be trying to be as fast as humanly possible on every swing. If you are a little off balance, that is fine during training."

Now I would go with the tortoise track (slow and accuracy focused). Even then I see nice but slow progress in SS. IMO, it is more practical for me.

I've been inspired by the speed sticks and other CHS gaining threads here.

I don't have the weighted training sticks but have been doing something similar for about a month 2 or 3 times a week. At least once a week at the range and if at home the last 10 I put foot spray on the driver and hit a rubber tee looking for center contact.

This is after hitting a medium bucket and stretching.

Alignment stick - 10 as fast as possible (balanced) with max speed swish sound just past lead foot.

Standing strong side, standing weak side

Step strong side, step weak side

Driver - same as above

Breathing pretty heavy and sweaty by now.

I always save the last 10 balls then after the above workout I put foot spray on driver and give those 10 everything thing I have just like previous swings checking for contact. Never whiffed one but have come close.

Funny part is that anything fully on the club face would actually hit a generous fairway. Can't say that about my fairway finder swing.

I don't have anything to measure speed but courses that I'm familiar with seem to play consistently shorter now.

Seems to be helping and I find it REALLY fun to bash the livin' sh!t out of those 10 balls!

Awesome routine. I think it is a very good marriage between the SSG system type of speed training and actual swinging of the club training. I typically go to range, chip, pitch and putt for 30 minutes, go through my bag on the range for a while, then wail on golf balls with my driver the rest of the time. Really a good workout and a lot of fun to me. At home I do the SSG style thing as well as wail on balls. You do what you are doing long enough you will have people staring at you on the range from the sound your swing makes, and the contact you make. Rediculously fast, and rediculously smashed.

Hey gents...I took a full month off from both lifting (gym work)...as well as SSG work...as I was plateaued speed wise and got very frustrated.

All in total...I spent (20) weeks in the gym (lifting) and (14) weeks doing SSG in parallel.

I figured that I'd reset completely and start back into my lifts an SSG work today (Intro Protocol).

Obviously I had to de-load a good amount of weight on squats and deads...but this was my last swing with the green SSG stick.

If this is what it takes to break through that plateau...I'm all in!!!

Hey gents...I took a full month off from both lifting (gym work)...as well as SSG work...as I was plateaued speed wise and got very frustrated.

All in total...I spent (20) weeks in the gym (lifting) and (14) weeks doing SSG in parallel.

I figured that I'd reset completely and start back into my lifts an SSG work today (Intro Protocol).

Obviously I had to de-load a good amount of weight on squats and deads...but this was my last swing with the green SSG stick.

Holy smokes that's quick!!!!

So part of this swinging fast is believing you can swing quicker I think. Had an excellent workout with my trainer this evening, flexibility, explosive work and finished with single rep deadlifts (at a new max weight for me), then came home and felt good so did an SSG workout. Just felt like I could really move the sticks and I did even considering a workout before.

Feeling real good going forward and energized to pick up a cheap gym membership to supplement the once a week with my trainer.

I do my routine on decking at the back of my house. On one of the step swings in my street shoes I misjudged the dampness of the decking and ended up in full splits position, don't know how my groin or pants came out unscathed!!

I have done 8 sessions since Feb. 1 doing the over speed. I don't do the entire protocol because honestly I get too tired..lol. When I get back from the next Long drive event in Phoenix I am going to ramp it up a bit to start prepping for world championships. Since my first session I have gained an average of 11 MPH over the 3 weighted clubs. My last session I was 153 average with the light club and 146 with the middle club, My light club is roughly %20 lighter than a driver and the middle is right around 200 grams the same as most driver heads. I built my own set using 3 old shafts and 1 piece of 3/4" inch bar stock steel with a 3/8" hole drilled in them and epoxied them on the shafts. I do try and keep half decent golf swing form when doing this training.( Ok Long drive form) I especially try and keep my right hip stable and turn into my right side without sliding back and work on an inside swing path. Speed comes from the inside. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Kevin

Where did you plateau at before? Do you do any heavy kettle bell work?

I have done 8 sessions since Feb. 1 doing the over speed. I don't do the entire protocol because honestly I get too tired..lol. When I get back from the next Long drive event in Phoenix I am going to ramp it up a bit to start prepping for world championships. Since my first session I have gained an average of 11 MPH over the 3 weighted clubs. My last session I was 153 average with the light club and 146 with the middle club, My light club is roughly %20 lighter than a driver and the middle is right around 200 grams the same as most driver heads. I built my own set using 3 old shafts and 1 piece of 3/4" inch bar stock steel with a 3/8" hole drilled in them and epoxied them on the shafts. I do try and keep half decent golf swing form when doing this training.( Ok Long drive form) I especially try and keep my right hip stable and turn into my right side without sliding back and work on an inside swing path. Speed comes from the inside. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Kevin

Thanks for posting. I do have some questions.

1) where did you get your bar stock?

2) how long are the shafts?

3) how heavy is heaviest one?