SuperSpeed Golf training system

Has anyone swing weighted the 3 shafts, I would appreciate it , I made 3 just checking to make sure they are the same thanks ,

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Does anyone else struggle to fit this in to their week?

Just now the sun has been shining, so played a round today and yesterday, tomorrow will be a bit of a break then out Sunday, how do folk fit in doing this and actually playing golf and other activities?

Wow, what a lifestyle you have! I envy you get to play so often. I do SSG session in evening after kids go to bed. However, at your rate of gaming, I would not have time for SSG either.

Found it thanks ,someone was way a head of me,

taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60

Does anyone else struggle to fit this in to their week?

Just now the sun has been shining, so played a round today and yesterday, tomorrow will be a bit of a break then out Sunday, how do folk fit in doing this and actually playing golf and other activities?

Wow, what a lifestyle you have! I envy you get to play so often. I do SSG session in evening after kids go to bed. However, at your rate of gaming, I would not have time for SSG either.

It's Easter holidays for me, back to reality next week though. Winter's been difficult for doing this more than once a week, hopefully with summer i can get back up to doing it twice a week.

From the people at SSR :

"In the golf mode, we have the radar offset from the ball location and use a proprietary algorithm to compensate for this offset. The algorithm includes a cosine and a rate-of-change correction factors in a unique mathematical combination.

In the bat mode, the batter swings directly at the radar as though it is the approaching ball, or from the rear if the bat is swinging at a ball on a tee. "

YES .I made my own with 3 different shafts , I actually thought I had it right bt was way too light, I have them swing weighted now and feel much better

taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60

From the people at SSR :

"In the golf mode, we have the radar offset from the ball location and use a proprietary algorithm to compensate for this offset. The algorithm includes a cosine and a rate-of-change correction factors in a unique mathematical combination.

In the bat mode, the batter swings directly at the radar as though it is the approaching ball, or from the rear if the bat is swinging at a ball on a tee. "

Interesting. Not at all what I guessed but that is good to know. I guess it makes sense as they want you to angle the radar so they have to try and account for the cosine effect. I really wish that said that somewhere in the instructions. I would have probably never used golf mode and just used baseball mode with radar directly behind the ball. I dislike stealth math being done in a device like this without me knowing. Just my pet peave.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

These are my homemade training clubs. Put these together 18 months ago, so I don’t remember specific sizes etc.. Went to a local golf shop and asked for pullout driver shafts that they were tossing,, Free! Picked up 3 grips on sale for $6 total. Took a shaft into Home Depot and picked up some coupling nuts. ( can’t remember the id measurement sorry, I just picked the one that fit the shaft tip the best). Picked up a few different length bolts and smaller nuts. All less than $10. Weighed things up ( used SS Training specs) glued on weights, grips, 45” finished length. Had some plasti-dip at home so I dipped the weights a few times to give it a rubberized finish. Work great!

Anyone who has made a set want to pass them on? Pm me if so

I have a set I’ll send you for free and I’ll even pay for shipping...not haha

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

From the people at SSR :

Interesting. Not at all what I guessed but that is good to know. I guess it makes sense as they want you to angle the radar so they have to try and account for the cosine effect. I really wish that said that somewhere in the instructions. I would have probably never used golf mode and just used baseball mode with radar directly behind the ball. I dislike stealth math being done in a device like this without me knowing. Just my pet peave.

I'm interested to hear how the numbers compare for you. I plan to test this out the first chance I get too.

These are my homemade training clubs. Put these together 18 months ago, so I don't remember specific sizes etc.. Went to a local golf shop and asked for pullout driver shafts that they were tossing,, Free! Picked up 3 grips on sale for $6 total. Took a shaft into Home Depot and picked up some coupling nuts. ( can't remember the id measurement sorry, I just picked the one that fit the shaft tip the best). Picked up a few different length bolts and smaller nuts. All less than $10. Weighed things up ( used SS Training specs) glued on weights, grips, 45" finished length. Had some plasti-dip at home so I dipped the weights a few times to give it a rubberized finish. Work great!

Nice job, those look great. Almost professional.

These are my homemade training clubs. Put these together 18 months ago, so I don't remember specific sizes etc.. Went to a local golf shop and asked for pullout driver shafts that they were tossing,, Free! Picked up 3 grips on sale for $6 total. Took a shaft into Home Depot and picked up some coupling nuts. ( can't remember the id measurement sorry, I just picked the one that fit the shaft tip the best). Picked up a few different length bolts and smaller nuts. All less than $10. Weighed things up ( used SS Training specs) glued on weights, grips, 45" finished length. Had some plasti-dip at home so I dipped the weights a few times to give it a rubberized finish. Work great!

Nice job, those look great. Almost professional.

Those do look good. But with the plasti-dip coating I'm having a hard time visualizing exactly what you did.

I am 6 weeks in -- and doing Protocol 1.

When I started - I could not get the red above 100 -- now I consistently get 106-108. My goal is to get over 110 with the red.

Should my actual driver swing speed (with ball) and the red be about the same?

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 X (with 20g weight in butt)

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Taylormade MG4 56* and 60*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

When I started - I could not get the red above 100 -- now I consistently get 106-108. My goal is to get over 110 with the red.

Generally speaking, I have observed that to be true. It has some "buts" though to go along with it.

1) Your driver has to also be 45 inches to be a straight up comparison

2) You should be able to PHYSICALLY move your club as fast as your red weight club BUT, people don't swing as hard with a ball in front of them sometimes, and also, don't swing the same way as they would with the red stick. (I personally try to swing both the same, I go way past parallel for instance with weighted club and my driver).

If you want a truer direct comparison, swing your red club at a foam ball and measure the speed. That is realistically what you WILL swing your driver at with a ball in front of you. Again, this is just from my observations of myself and several others on here, and youtube etc.

Edit: Just to add something I have mentioned before, this is all assuming the SSR actually reads these weighted clubs correctly. Based on some videos I have seen and my own trackman sessions, I believe it does. It can be tricked however. I can get it to read higher because the harder I swing the more inside out I swing and the weighted club jerks violently left and adds a few "fake" mph to my SSR readings. Just an fyi.

I think generally people's "real" driver speed is lower than what they see with the red stick. I think that's why you see so many people "fall off the wagon" with SSG. Personally, I think SSG is a great program, but it is a huge benefit to practice swinging hard at the ball (I know you northern guys can't do this). You learn how to swing hard with a ball in front of you (which is a challenge for some), and you learn how to hit the ball squarely while swinging hard. This second aspect is much overlooked but extremely valuable IMO. It is definitely a skill you can learn, and it helps taming some of the wildness that can creep in during SSG training.

Last week I was able to get 109mph on the field hitting a ball with a driver. I trained for 1 month and at home I could get to about 112mph with blue and fastest at 120mph with green. I think I am seeing some benefits, but i want to be at 115mph when hitting the ball. That would be my ideal goal for now before this summer. I hit 302yds on a wet turf in pnw. So that definitely showed some improvements.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

"I wish I could find their program online somewhere."

################

I don't want to sound like a Boy Scout but have respect for people's intellectual property.

If you ever invent something (after 20 or 30 or 40+ years of blood, sweat and tears), you'll know what I mean.

TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813

Two questions regarding speed training while on knees:

1) Does anyone find it uncomfortable on lower back? Specifically right side lumbar for right handed golfer.

2) How close can you get to max speed when standing?

1) Only if I am swinging with poor form (goat hump).

2) Please elaborate, because standing is only way to get you max speed. Sure aren't getting it kneeling.

I don't do the knees swings anymore. Just standing and step - both sides. No loss of speed. Swinging high teens. Probably topped out for my swing and flexibility levels. If you want an easy way to swing faster, become more flexible.

Any specific areas you think getting more flexible is helpful? Hips? Upper back? Everywhere?

1) Does anyone find it uncomfortable on lower back? Specifically right side lumbar for right handed golfer.

2) Please elaborate, because standing is only way to get you max speed. Sure aren't getting it kneeling.

I mean, if your max speed when standing is 100mph, how close can you get to that when swinging from knees? Also, I didn't think it would be possible to goat hump swinging from the knees because I thought hips were removed from the equation in this position. Wrong?

I mean, if your max speed when standing is 100mph, how close can you get to that when swinging from knees? Also, I didn't think it would be possible to goat hump swinging from the knees because I thought hips were removed from the equation in this position. Wrong?

OK, I understand now. I was very confused. I do a different "program". I don't swing from the knees as I see no value in it. I basically swing my heavy weighted club (home made for those that are new in this thread) until I am warmed up. Then I let loose with it a bunch of times with no ball in front of me. Then I swing and try and hit a foam ball several times. Then I swing my driver hard as I can with a real ball and use Skytrak and such to measure ball speed and trajectory.

If I were to guess, I would guess 75% of max speed is realistic from the knees. I would imagine it is different for everyone though because most of use just don't practice that and it takes some time to get as efficient as possible swinging that way, then it could be perhaps consitently compared to your full golf swing.

I would imagine you can still goat hump while swinging from your knees. If your tendancy is to swing too steeply, or drop the club way inside or perhaps something else, you will have to react to shallow out that club in order to not hit the ground. My rule of thumb, if my back hurts, I am doing it wrong. When I have a range session and my back doesn't hurt, I know I was swinging much better. This is specific to me, and might not be true for you. Just something to ponder.

EDIT: I am sorry, I just now noticed you did mention "swinging from knees in your initial post" . I shall now go and hit very large ball bearings with my driver for 30 minutes as punishment lol.

I don't do the knees swings anymore. Just standing and step - both sides. No loss of speed. Swinging high teens. Probably topped out for my swing and flexibility levels. If you want an easy way to swing faster, become more flexible.

Any specific areas you think getting more flexible is helpful? Hips? Upper back? Everywhere?

I know you weren't asking me but I thought I would just share my thoughts on this. I have found that I have become extremely flexible (golf swing wise), just hitting year round. It helps maintain range of motion for me. I have naturally obtained more wrist flexibility, shoulder turn flexibilty, and hip flexibility. I personally have been purposfully been trying to lengthen my swing and get used to it. I have been self teaching myself for years and very oddly, I have developed a very bubba-esque type swing. More and more upright, stronger and stronger grip, faster and faster hips, more and more past parallel. I have even had to buy different clubs to better suit my current swing (clubs bent upright).

My point is, it should happen naturally if you just swing regularily, year round. No need to purposefully stretch as well as swing the club often. If you do, kudos to you, but I always like killing 2 birds with one stone.