SuperSpeed Golf training system

Love the analogy. That's all I need for a sales pitch. Hoping to get this ordered by the weekend so I can get to work.

Just make sure you keep it a good 8 inches out of your swing path, or you'll be buying one next week... and the week after, and...

Don't ask me how I know...

Yep same mistake made here once and only once...….now the numbers don't show up fully on the screen ha ha!

I'm on unit #4. Due to a... love tap... I now have to crouch down to eye level to read it in sunlight. In the evening there's only a slight ghosting, though. Somebody should sell replacement LCD screens for 10 bucks a pop. I'd be their biggest customer.

I call BS on the 118 mph....that was you driving past the SS radar in your Porsche to get the mail. You can't fool me!

I call BS on the 118 mph....that was you driving past the SS radar in your Porsche to get the mail. You can't fool me!

Ha! I wish... I'm more like 78!

What's interesting is that 118 has been my peak on green for a few weeks now...

Last week I hit a new high of 110 on red, and then yesterday I hit a new peak of 114 on blue.

So unlike many people my peaks with the different weights are only separated by 4 MPH: 110, 114, 118

I wonder why. I might call the SSG guys to find out. Has anyone else seen their numbers so tightly grouped?

Just started this program, Friday Aug 24th. Driver speed with the SSR was at 97-100 mph. Today Sunday I was able to get 114 mph with the Green on my final swing. Very curious to see where this will end up. Anyone start with similar numbers months ago that can give me a heads up where i could end up?

Cobra Darkspeed Ls 8* - Project X HZRDUS 6.0 (matte black)

Titleist TSi2 - Oban Devotion S

Titleist 818H2 (19*) - Oban Devotion S
Titleist AP2 (4-GW) - Project X PXi 6.0
Taylormade MG3 54 and 58
Kari Lajosi DD201 - Gunmetal / Black 303SS / 345g 67.5* / 3.5*

Any guys out there over 55 going thru this program with success? By success I mean gaining speed and translating the added speed to not only longer shots, but better accuracy?

A guy at my club is 58 and used SSG over the winter. He said he’s gained 30 yards. I played with him in league last week and he hit every fairway. He still plays in championship flight and is an A player in our pickup games, fwiw.

I posted this in another thread, but I need to post it here too...

I set a goal for this season of getting to 150mph ball speed max / 105mph swing speed and I'm essentially there. From weeks of wondering whether I'd ever get past certain plateaus, it eventually all came together. SSG works. It just works.

I have never set goals for my golf for a year and actually achieved them. Finally, I've done it. First time ever.

5 rounds in three days last weekend... the most golf I've ever played in my life. The best drives of my life.

Distance - couldn't use Game Golf but I lasered one drive and it was 303 uphill. Even better were 250 yard duffs... I'll never get tired of 250 yard duffs. I lost 30 yards on the last day due to tendinitis and a fracture in my pinky. I told one of the guys and he said "great, so that means we're only going to see 260 straight down the middle?"

Accuracy - I've never hit the ball so straight, or for such a long streak. I wasn't fighting pulls or slices. I think I had 6 drives go in the trees in five rounds. Lots of playable misses in the rough. I felt in complete control of my swing.

On Saturday I shot another 41 with an injury, and on a course I didn't know, so my other goal of 39 in a round is within reach this year.

One goal for next season will be to get that flexibility back a little so that my hand path can be longer and my swing doesn't need to be so short and explosive. The goal will be to dial down effort vs. dialing up distance. I want to see greater average distance by increasing strike quality a little. That's harder to measure as a goal, but I want to find a way to measure that.

Also, I can fade it, but can't meter well between a mild fade and a stronger fade. That will also be on my goals list in some form.

So, this thread has legitimately been a key component of me achieving my major golfing goal for the first time ever. The advice and the motivation have kept me going through the difficult parts. I'm at my lifetime target driving distance, and I did it in less than one season.

Thanks, guys. Thanks for all of the help and encouragement. I mean that.

• 2 weeks later...

Started working with a golf trainer recommended by my swing coach and he said this would be good to start right away based on my physical and swing ability. Ordered this morning. I’m excited to see how it goes at the end of the season. Live in MN so only 1 more month of decently “warm†golf left.

I didn’t order the radar though. Not sure if I’ll regret that or not?

Started working with a golf trainer recommended by my swing coach and he said this would be good to start right away based on my physical and swing ability. Ordered this morning. Iâ€m excited to see how it goes at the end of the season. Live in MN so only 1 more month of decently â€warm†golf left.

I didnâ€t order the radar though. Not sure if Iâ€ll regret that or not?

Good for you! I strongly urge you jump on Amazon (or whatever) and order the SSR. It's essential feedback, as not all swings that feel fast or sound fast, are actually fast.

It's those numbers gradually creeping up over time that become both essential to producing more efficient swings, and to building the motivation to keep progressing.

Winter sucks, but at least this will be something you can continue indoors over the Winter to not only stay golf-ready, but also improve your swing speed for next year!

just started the program. the swing with the non dominant side is a joke. forget about speed on that side i am working just to get the right form.

curious if anyone has any links to the science of swinging on your non dominant side and how much that really helps. will i get the similar gains if i focus on my dominant side?

just started the program. the swing with the non dominant side is a joke. forget about speed on that side i am working just to get the right form.

curious if anyone has any links to the science of swinging on your non dominant side and how much that really helps. will i get the similar gains if i focus on my dominant side?

swing on non-dominant side is to balance your muscles and to prevent injury. you will soon experience YUGE improvement in non-dominant side in terms of swing speed. I sometimes learn feel from non-dominant side.

Happy Patriot Day

There's no hard data highlighting the differences of specifically for swinging non-dominant vs. just swinging dominant, but there is some data from the SSG guys that might suggest of its importance...

- Us average joes start off hardly being able to make something that looks like a swing non-dominant, but the SSG guys have seen the swing speed gap narrow to 5% when well into the program... I.E. some correlation between swinging non-dominant well, and being able to swing faster on the dominant side

- Even more interesting, apparently some of their long drive competitors can get within a couple of percentage points speed-wise between dominant and non-dominant, so there's a little more data to suggest that it matters. A couple of percentage points is pretty incredible.

For me personally, I got more coordinated on the non-dominant side, but O wasn't putting the aggression in on that side like I was on the dominant side. The only way I got out of my last plateau was to start taking the non-dominant swing really seriously, and caring about those numbers as much as the dominant ones.

I don't do the non dominant side at all and I am doing pretty well. I do want to start doing it however as I do see a lot of value in it. You can get right or left side heavy and start messing your back up if you don't plus I do believe it can help you with a small but significant increase in speed overall. Just my two cents.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

My understanding is you need the non-dominant side because those muscles are your brakes and you can only swing as fast as you can stop. My dominant side hasn't gone up much with the green...135-->140 but my non-dominant side has gone from 108-->131. My clubhead speed has gone from 115-->119 but I can get it up to 125!! So my dominate green hasn't moved much but non-dominant has gone up a ton.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

My understanding is you need the non-dominant side because those muscles are your brakes and you can only swing as fast as you can stop. My dominant side hasn't gone up much with the green...135-->140 but my non-dominant side has gone from 108-->131. My clubhead speed has gone from 115-->119 but I can get it up to 125!! So my dominate green hasn't moved much but non-dominant has gone up a ton.

I am sorry if i did not read your previous thread. How long have you been doing this? what stage are you in?

I am sorry if i did not read your previous thread. How long have you been doing this? what stage are you in?

I've only done the intro and protocol 1. 4 month old and two men's clubs have kinda prevented me from doing the training religiously but the last 2 months, I've just done intro and protocol 1 based on how I feel. Protocol 1 has a lot more swings. I'll ramp it up again this winter. I hurt my lat swinging like a dummy during the non-dominate swings.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING VALOR CB 35"

I've only done the intro and protocol 1. 4 month old and two men's clubs have kinda prevented me from doing the training religiously but the last 2 months, I've just done intro and protocol 1 based on how I feel. Protocol 1 has a lot more swings. I'll ramp it up again this winter. I hurt my lat swinging like a dummy during the non-dominate swings.

You are not the only one going through one plateau or two. I think everyone does. though you are way better player, my advice for you is to keep working out, swinging and having fun. I think some of us were able to break the plateau working on ab and hip movement.

You are not the only one going through one plateau or two. I think everyone does. though you are way better player, my advice for you is to keep working out, swinging and having fun. I think some of us were able to break the plateau working on ab and hip movement.

Not so much plateau but just lazy. I posted it in defense of non-dominate swings...to show I haven’t gained a ton on dominant green but gained a lot on non-dominate and I’ve gained well with my driver...basically shoes non-dominate have been huge for my club head speed gains.

PING VALOR CB 35"

Started working with a golf trainer recommended by my swing coach and he said this would be good to start right away based on my physical and swing ability. Ordered this morning. Iâm excited to see how it goes at the end of the season. Live in MN so only 1 more month of decently âwarmâ golf left.

I didnât order the radar though. Not sure if Iâll regret that or not?

Good for you! I strongly urge you jump on Amazon (or whatever) and order the SSR. It's essential feedback, as not all swings that feel fast or sound fast, are actually fast.

It's those numbers gradually creeping up over time that become both essential to producing more efficient swings, and to building the motivation to keep progressing.

Winter sucks, but at least this will be something you can continue indoors over the Winter to not only stay golf-ready, but also improve your swing speed for next year!

I caved and ordered a radar with it. They shipped it out and gave me package price still. Took awhile to ship everything but arrives Friday. I’ll start Monday night as I have a tourney Saturday-Monday. Then a few weeks off before usga fourball qualifying so hoping to have gained a few yards by then.

Started working with a golf trainer recommended by my swing coach and he said this would be good to start right away based on my physical and swing ability. Ordered this morning. I’m excited to see how it goes at the end of the season. Live in MN so only 1 more month of decently “warm†golf left.

I didn’t order the radar though. Not sure if I’ll regret that or not?

I caved and ordered a radar with it. They shipped it out and gave me package price still. Took awhile to ship everything but arrives Friday. I’ll start Monday night as I have a tourney Saturday-Monday. Then a few weeks off before usga fourball qualifying so hoping to have gained a few yards by then.

good luck on ssg and your tournaments.

Just picked up my superspeed sticks this week, and just did my first training session. Gotta say... was a decent little work out! Got a little sweat going from it. One thing I got out of it was finding out I am really uncoordinated and slow on my non dominant side. Didn't order the radar because I'm a member at a little club that has trackman, so every now and again I can go and see if my real club head speed is increasing over time. I just try to give 100.00% every single swing, on both sides.

I haven't posted my result for a while.

Hopefully this is good encouragement from a 48 yr old man.

What speed did you start at, and how long have you been training? I'm really encouraged by the results some guys are getting. I currently average around 104 with a max around 110. Hoping to get my average to about 108 by Nov with a max of 115. Seem realistic? Today will be my 2nd training session.

I haven't posted my result for a while.

Hopefully this is good encouragement from a 48 yr old man.

What speed did you start at, and how long have you been training? I'm really encouraged by the results some guys are getting. I currently average around 104 with a max around 110. Hoping to get my average to about 108 by Nov with a max of 115. Seem realistic? Today will be my 2nd training session.

according to the thread, I started last November. Before the ssg, my ss must have been low 100s. For you to hit 115 by Nov might be realistic as long as you keep your body in shape and flexible and continue ssg diligently.

However, you might hit a plateau and might have to analyze your swing. For me, I have to stabilize lower body, strengthen and flex core, and most importantly relax my whole body throughout swing sequence.

I lift 3x a week, and do ssg 3x a week. I also play in a men's league hockey game 1x a week. Basically I do lift day 1, ssg and stretch day 2, repeat. Used to be stronger but I'm working my way back to heavier weights. Hoping to get the deadlift back to 315 within a few months. The real issue is I have to find a place inside to practice it. Once winter rolls around and I'm on to the next phase, I'm not sure my living room will be big enough.

I lift 3x a week, and do ssg 3x a week. I also play in a men's league hockey game 1x a week. Basically I do lift day 1, ssg and stretch day 2, repeat. Used to be stronger but I'm working my way back to heavier weights. Hoping to get the deadlift back to 315 within a few months. The real issue is I have to find a place inside to practice it. Once winter rolls around and I'm on to the next phase, I'm not sure my living room will be big enough.

with your workout schedule, you should be able to swing 140 with two fingers.

I'm 30 now. When I was.... 26 (I think it was 26.. maybe 25) I could probably bench close 315. Ever since I've switched jobs, I have barely hit the gym. It all comes back, but it takes time. I want to say I was doing reps of 375 on the dead lift around that time? Probably could have 1 repmax'ed 405-415.

Problem is I'm not super mobile or flexible so that probably takes away some speed. Guys like JT or Rickie probably don't squat or dead lift much over 225 but they are mega mobile and have excellent fast twitch responses. That's why I'm adding in stretches 3x a week, right after I do SSG. Focusing on my T spine, lats and shoulders.

It's raining a bunch here today.... going to have to put the ol raincoat on while I'm outside swingin the sticks!!

Edit: Sun came out for my SSG training B-) the golf gods show favor to me!