Cut Golf Co

timbo08

Played 18 with the blue today. First time playing them. I liked the ball quite a bit. It felt good off the driver and was as long as other tour level balls. Iron distances were on point. They did not spin into the greens as much as some others I've played. However, I found them to be very predictable with spin/run out which is all I really want as I am not a high spin player. I also enjoyed chipping with them. Where I will probably deviate from most is that I thought they felt firm off the putter which I absolutely love. I really don't like balls that play soft off the putter as I feel like I have to give them too much to get to the hole. The blues felt perfect to me and distance control was spot on. I also used the printed putting line instead of sharpy-ing my own on. For my skill level, at $25 shipped, these make sense.

*of note: I'm an 11hc so I'm not very good/consistent so your mileage may vary

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played 18 with the blue today. First time playing them. I liked the ball quite a bit. It felt good off the driver and was as long as other tour level balls. Iron distances were on point. They did not spin into the greens as much as some others I've played. However, I found them to be very predictable with spin/run out which is all I really want as I am not a high spin player. I also enjoyed chipping with them. Where I will probably deviate from most is that I thought they felt firm off the putter which I absolutely love. I really don't like balls that play soft off the putter as I feel like I have to give them too much to get to the hole. The blues felt perfect to me and distance control was spot on. I also used the printed putting line instead of sharpy-ing my own on. For my skill level, at $25 shipped, these make sense.

*of note: I'm an 11hc so I'm not very good/consistent so your mileage may vary

nice, yeah i am not done with them yet, have 7 in my bag, the price is why am still gonna give them a go some more, i think everyone thjnks that for a 4 piece urethane ball,

For me, the Srixon Zstar is only 8 dollars more than the Snell, so the savings are enough to justify getting a different ball, and the Srixon is available in yellow. The Cut, is 20 a dozen, and at least the savings is there to justify it. Its like the MG, at half the price I can justify buying a really good golf ball that isn't "my ball" and the same for the Cut Blue...its half the price.... but unlike the MG, its 4 piece like the ZstarXV that I normally play... so, I could probably do this... but still no yellow, which honestly isn't as big of a deal as it used to be...

I am going to try the Qstar Tour, which only comes in white.. I actually really like the regular Qstar, and I bought those in white, in order to keep them apart in my bag (i buy ammo boxes that are unsleeved) so all is good with that...

But honestly, if I had to switch for just the money, the Qstar (when Rockbottom has them) is available in a ammo box for 36 bux, thats 12 dollars a dozen, and is a good enough ball that if I had to do a ball to save money, that one is hard to beat.

I would love to try a couple of different balls out there, and the blue has my interest... The K-Sig was perfect except I could never get my hands on any as the internet was already broken by the time I found out they were available or back or back again. the only reason I have even seen one is my buddy lives in Jax, bought a bunch and gave me a sleeve, and I am afraid to use them in case I like em...lol sad aint it?

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

For me, the Srixon Zstar is only 8 dollars more than the Snell, so the savings are enough to justify getting a different ball, and the Srixon is available in yellow. The Cut, is 20 a dozen, and at least the savings is there to justify it. Its like the MG, at half the price I can justify buying a really good golf ball that isn't "my ball" and the same for the Cut Blue...its half the price.... but unlike the MG, its 4 piece like the ZstarXV that I normally play... so, I could probably do this... but still no yellow, which honestly isn't as big of a deal as it used to be...

I am going to try the Qstar Tour, which only comes in white.. I actually really like the regular Qstar, and I bought those in white, in order to keep them apart in my bag (i buy ammo boxes that are unsleeved) so all is good with that...

But honestly, if I had to switch for just the money, the Qstar (when Rockbottom has them) is available in a ammo box for 36 bux, thats 12 dollars a dozen, and is a good enough ball that if I had to do a ball to save money, that one is hard to beat.

I would love to try a couple of different balls out there, and the blue has my interest... The K-Sig was perfect except I could never get my hands on any as the internet was already broken by the time I found out they were available or back or back again. the only reason I have even seen one is my buddy lives in Jax, bought a bunch and gave me a sleeve, and I am afraid to use them in case I like em...lol sad aint it?

It's pretty simple Cut, MG, KSig, Snell - none of these urethane ones comes in yellow. Such a huge opportunity for one of them. But, no one sees it. The market is missing a low cost premium ball in yellow.

It's pretty simple Cut, MG, KSig, Snell - none of these urethane ones comes in yellow. Such a huge opportunity for one of them. But, no one sees it. The market is missing a low cost premium ball in yellow.

I strongly suspect (with absolutely no insider knowledge) that the factories producing Cut/MG/Snell/etc. either will not or can not provide them with yellow urethane balls at the same price point as white ones. Dean Snell has stated that quality control is tougher when you mix yellow and white on the same production line, you have to use separate molds to avoid contamination and getting the yellow consistent is an additional challenge.

So an interesting question is whether these balls would be a strong seller in yellow if the cost were modestly higher, something like $5/dozen more than white. I'm guessing that would go over like a lead balloon.

Bringing up an old topic.

I tried the Cut Blue today. Windy and rainy day.

Ball cut through the wind well (reminded me of Lethal in that way.) Much less spin off the driver than Pro V or B330rxs.

Rolled out a little more on chips around the green and I couldn't putt with it (but that could have been me.) I would consider playing it again.

I ordered a test sleeve of the blue. They are a good ball, especially for the price. Let's be honest, if price is even close to performance in terms of what you look for in a ball, you will not be disappointed with this one.

I think a majority of the members here would say the Pro V series is the gold standard of the ball market. This ball is less than half the cost of Pro V, and the Pro V certainly doesn't give you 2x better results.. I prefer the Vice Pro Plus over Cut, mainly because I think their branding is cool.

Got a couple more rounds in with both the blue and the C4 up in Washington. Still have to say I lean towards the blue. Someone mentioned the blue seemed to bounce off the putter more, which I can agree on, but it works great for me as I tend to putt short. Hit a 23 footer for birdie from the fringe on a tough part 4, then a 39 footer for birdie on a part 5 from the fringe with the blue. Obviously not the balls doing, but it always felt good for me. The C4 had it's fair share of good hits as well. Both balls had a slight fade for me most of the time. For $20/dozen each, I don't think there's a wrong answer between the 2. Both are budget performance balls for me, and I'm happy to find a ball that will still be in production as opposed to my RZNs!

I strongly suspect (with absolutely no insider knowledge) that the factories producing Cut/MG/Snell/etc. either will not or can not provide them with yellow urethane balls at the same price point as white ones. Dean Snell has stated that quality control is tougher when you mix yellow and white on the same production line, you have to use separate molds to avoid contamination and getting the yellow consistent is an additional challenge.

So an interesting question is whether these balls would be a strong seller in yellow if the cost were modestly higher, something like $5/dozen more than white. I'm guessing that would go over like a lead balloon.

Vice is doing it with the overseas factories that they use, in fact I think it's the same factory as some of the others you mentioned

My guess is that they can't justify breaking production for what they suspect will only add a small amount to thier sales. I would buy a yellow MG or Cut if they had it as an option. Even for a dollar more a dozen. But realistically I am probably the minority. I mean I am even thinking about going back to white. I don't see the ball any better in the rough, it may be worse

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Are these manufacture like Vice by Foremost in Taiwan?

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Are these manufacture like Vice by Foremost in Taiwan?

They could be but Cut Blue is a 4 layer ball which is not a standard offering from Foremost so it was likely a special design and run for Cut.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Somebody "cut" one open and give us a look inside of the Blue 4-piece.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

After the 3 last orders from lostgolfballs were unacceptable and dealing with there customer service is not anything i want to do, I've decided to to finally try these out. First order will be here today. Hope to play them very soon. Really hoping I like the cut blues. I've seen on here a lot of folks buying them but never really hear many staying with them.

After the 3 last orders from lostgolfballs were unacceptable and dealing with there customer service is not anything i want to do, I've decided to to finally try these out. First order will be here today. Hope to play them very soon. Really hoping I like the cut blues. I've seen on here a lot of folks buying them but never really hear many staying with them.

I've been staying with them and have enjoyed every round I've used it! I played with it up against the chrome soft and B330RXS and for me they have all performed very similar. So going off brand new price it's the Cut blues all day long

I'm still a fan of the blues. I've ordered 2 dozen so far, and I enjoy them just as much as the first time I played them. I did not play them my last round, which was awful, I lost roughly 9-10 balls. It was a tough course for me, and once I lost 2 balls on the first hole, I put my blues back in my bag and just started playing found balls.

I've been staying with them and have enjoyed every round I've used it! I played with it up against the chrome soft and B330RXS and for me they have all performed very similar. So going off brand new price it's the Cut blues all day long

I bought 3 dozen after playing a sleeve. Should last me a while.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

I bought 3 dozen after playing a sleeve. Should last me a while.

I received the sleeve today and really like how they feel off the putter. Now if it'll stop raining here in Louisiana long enough to be able to get out and play a round ill get to see how they play. Thanks guys for the replies.