Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

I was just reading on FL DUI laws, interesting, and if I read/interpreted it correctly (I'm not a lawyer), because he blew 0's but exhibited signs of use, they would have ordered a piss test. Yet, because of the inaccuracies of the test and the inability to accurately tell if drug that shows was an impairment, most of these cases are reduced to reckless driving. They could get a much better and provable idea of the drug's induced impairment via a blood test, "but It should be noted, however, that Florida law only authorizes a blood draw under circumstances where the driver has been transported to a medical facility and the taking of a breath or urine sample therefore becomes impractical; or where an accident results in death or serious bodily injury."

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too far fetched to think that someone else was driving, crashed the car, fled the scene, Tiger woke up during the crash, jumped in the driver's seat and attempted to drive, but the vehicle wouldn't move, so he was like F it and passed out? It shouldn't be too far fetched because I've seen it first hand......more than I can count!

You weren't there and neither was I, but speculating isn't something that holds up in court. Just the facts! There's enough to prosecute for the DUI, but to prove he was involved in a crash would take witnesses or evidence. And so far, I haven't heard any.

This is the dumbest thing said in this thread. Congratulations.

Glad you have personal experience seeing that you know absolutely nothing about what happens while you're asleep or working behind your desk. Worked a crash once where the driver fled the scene after crashing into a railroad crossing. The passenger got scared as well and attempted to drive from the scene. Officers responded and found the passenger sitting behind the wheel and assumed one vehicle crash involving one occupant. Then a 911 call came in within a few minutes where a homeowner claimed he just shot a guy trying to get into his house just a block away from the crash. I responded to that call and found the dead early 20's male lying in the roadway outside the shooters home. He was the registered owner of the car that crashed. Talked to the guy who jumped behind the driver's seat and the dead guy had been driving per his statement. That's obviously the most extreme and only news worthy story, but I have a lot more stories to prove it happens. Kudos for not having a clue!

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/news/article_96a306e8-4179-11e3-82b1-001a4bcf887a.html

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

According to reports Tiger had a blood alcohol content of 0.00% both from a breath test and a urine sample. In order to do a blood test from my understanding of State Statute Law in Florida, the arresting agency or prosecutor has to obtain a warrant to draw blood. Apparently from all accounts this has not been done and there were no tests outside of breath and urine for alcohol only.

If that is the case, then the prosecutor would have to prove by other physical means that Tiger was under the influence while operating a vehicle. According to the report the police found him asleep behind the wheel. They did not witness him driving and then pulled him over. So without a blood test and no evidence of impaired driving, how is the prosecutor going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tiger operated a vehicle under the influence of prescription medications? Not much to go on in this case as far as evidence.

Yep. Which is why likely an early plea agreement settled this. He pleads guilty to illegal parking and pays a hefty fine for that. Maybe public intoxication? Unless the state of Florida specifically considers behind the wheel driving. I'm pretty sure SC does only if the keys are in the ignition.. He should have slipped over to the pass side before he passed out.

I doubt SC or any state for that matter has "keys in the ignition" as the legal definition. It's either operating, driving, control of, etc., but a lot of ignitions don't require keys these days and an attorney would eat that up.

Florida law says driving or in control of, so sitting behind the wheel is in physical control of (meaning sitting in the driver's seat).

(1) A person is guilty of the offense of driving under the influence and is subject to punishment as provided in subsection (2) if the person is driving or in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state and:

(a) The person is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that the person’s normal faculties are impaired;

just to be contrary... is passed out "in control of" anything ?

Of course, how can you determine how long someone will be passed out?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

This has now become a witch hunt, there's no news here. Guy was sleeping in his parked car and blew a 0.00000. The DUI charge won't even stick since he wasn't driving.

Today is a challenging time for TW haterz. They went to sleep last night thinking they had achieved their life-long goal in bringing down the man, only to be greatly disappointed this morning. I can't imagine how badly the haterz must feel right now, it's devastating. If you have any friends or family who are TW haterz (rare for haterz to have friends, but it's happens sometimes) please give them a call right now and make sure they are okay. If they mention any thoughts about suicide then please refer them to a suicide hotline or mental hospital ASAP.

The_ba1e25_1327981.jpg

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

Police report is out. Car had damage so he was definitely driving.

That only proves car has damage. Could have been damaged while parked. Without witness to driving how can you swear he was driving. ?

I'm not giving tiger a pass. He's being punished more than you or I would right now. But. Circumstantial evidence is pretty weak in court. But I'm sure he will plea this down and get it Behind him.

You're spot on.......Which is the reason all states have driving defined as "moving" and have the other covered by having terms such as "in control of", "operating", etc. defined as pretty much sitting behind the wheel with the ability to drive at any time.

I'm not going to go to the extent of searching more Florida statutes, but this will likely be plead down to a lessor charge. In Texas, it's usually plead down to a Class C misdemeanor obstructing a roadway or Class B reckless driving. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tiger will have a pretty good attorney who knows what he's doing and Tiger will suffer more damage to his already tarnished image than he will with the courts.

well im glad to hear that my poor laymans knowledge is in gear .... some here act as if he was filmed ramming petting zoos or something.. guilty he is .. but it wont be DUI when its done ....

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

That only proves car has damage. Could have been damaged while parked. Without witness to driving how can you swear he was driving. ?

I'm not giving tiger a pass. He's being punished more than you or I would right now. But. Circumstantial evidence is pretty weak in court. But I'm sure he will plea this down and get it Behind him.

This is just silly. Being in the roadway, buckled into the drivers seat, foot on the brake, with the engine running is more than circumstantial evidence.

but if he were fighting it could you prove how he got there ? minus a witness or traffic cam etc ?

I'm pretty sure the criminal laws of Florida only apply to human beings. But how do we know Tiger is a human being? He could be an android or a robot of some kind. The laws then do not apply and you cannot convict. Did you see Tiger being born? I'm betting not. Even if you could prove he was born a human being, how do we know he wasn't replaced by an android at some point? Have you been with Tiger every minute of his life? And don't tell me the defense needs to prove he's not human--the prosecution has the burden of proof!

Are you for real? He was buckled into the driver's seat, car was in gear, foot was on the brake. He was actually still driving when the cop woke him up.

Is it too far fetched to think that someone else was driving, crashed the car, fled the scene, Tiger woke up during the crash, jumped in the driver's seat and attempted to drive, but the vehicle wouldn't move, so he was like F it and passed out? It shouldn't be too far fetched because I've seen it first hand......more than I can count!

You weren't there and neither was I, but speculating isn't something that holds up in court. Just the facts! There's enough to prosecute for the DUI, but to prove he was involved in a crash would take witnesses or evidence. And so far, I haven't heard any.

Ah, the old Tiger falls on the sword for his buddy theory, of course! Maybe Tiger thought MB had already hooked him up with one of those self driving cars. Equally plausible.

Callaway Razr Fit 11.5*   Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Slotline Raider copper cobalt 35"

This is just silly. Being in the roadway, buckled into the drivers seat, foot on the brake, with the engine running is more than circumstantial evidence.

but if he were fighting it could you prove how he got there ? minus a witness or traffic cam etc ?

He's in the driver's seat when found by police; they don't have to prove how he got there, just that he did. If Tiger wanted to argue that he was in the driver's seat against his will, it's up to him to prove it, not for the state to disprove it.

Seriously, this has gotten ridiculous. He has admitted that he drove under the influence of prescription drugs. Unless his blood test shows something other than those prescription drugs, this will get handled just like every other first offender, a fine, a license suspension and increased insurance rates. He's not going to fight this in court; the last thing he wants is his medical records discussed in open court.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

According to reports Tiger had a blood alcohol content of 0.00% both from a breath test and a urine sample. In order to do a blood test from my understanding of State Statute Law in Florida, the arresting agency or prosecutor has to obtain a warrant to draw blood. Apparently from all accounts this has not been done and there were no tests outside of breath and urine for alcohol only.

If that is the case, then the prosecutor would have to prove by other physical means that Tiger was under the influence while operating a vehicle. According to the report the police found him asleep behind the wheel. They did not witness him driving and then pulled him over. So without a blood test and no evidence of impaired driving, how is the prosecutor going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tiger operated a vehicle under the influence of prescription medications? Not much to go on in this case as far as evidence.

Yep. Which is why likely an early plea agreement settled this. He pleads guilty to illegal parking and pays a hefty fine for that. Maybe public intoxication? Unless the state of Florida specifically considers behind the wheel driving. I'm pretty sure SC does only if the keys are in the ignition.. He should have slipped over to the pass side before he passed out.

Except for his statement that basically confesses to DUI. Which is evidence. But if you want to argue his car teleported to being in a lane of traffic with him at wheel asleep without driving there, go for it. As a former federal prosecutor, I'd relish taking this one into court.

[media=]

[/media]

counselor .... you of all people should know how well a beating around the bush confession , taken without counsel present and under the influence of god knows what will stick... lol

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I was just reading on FL DUI laws, interesting, and if I read/interpreted it correctly (I'm not a lawyer), because he blew 0's but exhibited signs of use, they would have ordered a piss test. Yet, because of the inaccuracies of the test and the inability to accurately tell if drug that shows was an impairment, most of these cases are reduced to reckless driving. They could get a much better and provable idea of the drug's induced impairment via a blood test, "but It should be noted, however, that Florida law only authorizes a blood draw under circumstances where the driver has been transported to a medical facility and the taking of a breath or urine sample therefore becomes impractical; or where an accident results in death or serious bodily injury."

Fun but erroneous fact: the back of an ambulance counts as a medical facility

Fun but erroneous fact #2: the medics are subject to arrest if they refuse to do the blood draw

G400 LST 10* Tour 65x
G400 15.5* Tour 75x
G30 19* Tour 90x
Z785 X100 4-9
SM7 46.10F/50.08F/54.08M/60.8M
MCC plus4 mid
Kingston KP1 GSS w/ Pingman
Srixon Z star XV

Why is it so hard to believe that many, many make mistakes while under the influence? Some of you defend some moral high road without giving thought to the countless circumstances that led to that mistake. Alcohol and other drugs cause problems, for the first time user, casual user, and abuser alike. This crap happens every day and touches everyone. This shame blame game that you sit and type does nothing to help solve the issue, and my guess is that you get some satisfaction of trying to think of the wittiest retort in an effort to raise your forum credibility.

I know fathers and mothers, athletes, teachers, kids, students, family members, et. al. who do not have the ability to shake the grip of a drug. Addiction is messy, period.

Just saw a piece on a former pro football player who is helping to research cannabis as a pain reliever - even topical that does not give a high, but reduces pain. He reported that he and other players were given baggies full of pills before games, including Vicodin, which is profoundly over prescribed.

Opioids use is rampant, they are easy to get - legally and illegally..

Tiger is not the problem here..

Disagree and agree.

Tiger Is the problem in this situation. Everyone must be accountable for taking these drugs properly without abusing. I'm in pain management. It can be done.

Now I agree these drugs are Way over prescribed. There are other alternatives than narcotics. Definitely not used enough. I think everyone with chronic pain should have to go to a pain management Dr. It may help reduce some abuse. May....

Ah, the old Tiger falls on the sword for his buddy theory, of course! Maybe Tiger thought MB had already hooked him up with one of those self driving cars. Equally plausible.

I wasn't claiming that to be the case, but it's always a thought for someone with my experience on the street. It happens more often than a lot of you think apparently. Hell, it even happens in non-DWI crashes.

Glad you have personal experience seeing that you know absolutely nothing about what happens while you're asleep or working behind your desk. Worked a crash once where the driver fled the scene after crashing into a railroad crossing. The passenger got scared as well and attempted to drive from the scene. Officers responded and found the passenger sitting behind the wheel and assumed one vehicle crash involving one occupant. Then a 911 call came in within a few minutes where a homeowner claimed he just shot a guy trying to get into his house just a block away from the crash. I responded to that call and found the dead early 20's male lying in the roadway outside the shooters home. He was the registered owner of the car that crashed. Talked to the guy who jumped behind the driver's seat and the dead guy had been driving per his statement. That's obviously the most extreme and only news worthy story, but I have a lot more stories to prove it happens. Kudos for not having a clue!

http://www.hillcount...1a4bcf887a.html

MtRKT8e.png

Yes so this clearly means it's what happened with Tiger.

Except for his statement that basically confesses to DUI. Which is evidence. But if you want to argue his car teleported to being in a lane of traffic with him at wheel asleep without driving there, go for it. As a former federal prosecutor, I'd relish taking this one into court.

[media=]

[/media]

counselor .... you of all people should know how well a beating around the bush confession , taken without counsel present and under the influence of god knows what will stick... lol

His PR statement basically confesses to DUI. That's on top of his absurd verbal exchange with the officers and failed sobriety test.

But golfgirlrobin has it right. He's not going to fight this. He will pay the fine and have a personal driver the next year. Big whoop.

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/news/article_96a306e8-4179-11e3-82b1-001a4bcf887a.html

I'm not sure how stupid a person can be, but I've got a pretty strong lead now.

good point.. could also be that he was drugged and planted there... after all would he really drive a 2 year old car ?

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I thought last week he said he never felt better, so why take drugs that strong. Yes he could have been slipped something but probably not. Not sure we will ever find out but he F'''D up. Meds that strong your probably not allowed to drive anyway. Im a Tiger fan but he broke the law , most likely Cocaine my guess , Too Bad

Yes, I'm sure Tiger did a couple of grams of cocaine and somehow he was the first person in history that it caused to fall asleep.

good point.. could also be that he was drugged and planted there... after all would he really drive a 2 year old car ?

Notah was sweating like Patrick Ewing on the Golf Channel last night. He's involved and everyone knows it. Tiger is trying to take the fall for him and nobody is buying it.

now thats alot of sweat.... about double that of a professional lady in church or that of a cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

I just read on golfdigest an article with an attorney saying that if he had refused the urine test, since he already blew a 0, they wouldnt have been able to prove him guilty in court with no urine test for medication

Got to love attorneys. Self admission and video evidence of the effects not enough?

its not attorneys.. its the law...

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Clearly an alien abduction- happens all the time, never any witnesses...

Callaway Razr Fit 11.5*   Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Slotline Raider copper cobalt 35"

Tiger gets a DUI with no alcohol involved...

He's fine, take a chill pill or whatever Tiger took

I have an unchangeable TV channel on at work and I have to watch these idiots on CNBC talk about his decline and loss of sponsorships...makes me wonder if they are making sense on any of the other topics Im taking their word on...good grief

When one takes a Percocet orally as prescribed, putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of a liquid and swallowing it, roughly 48% of that oxycodone gets into your system after the pill is metabolized and goes through one's system.

By dissolving it, one gets 92% of the narcotic into their system.

This is 100% false.

It's 100% fact-

Actually 89-92% and the low end number is spot on and the individual who spoke about it at a UPMC Pain Symposium was Cyril Wecht, M.D., JD, former Medical Examiner(Coroner), Alleghenies County

Regards,

RP

Yes,, and probably why my neighbor crushed and snorted his Oxy's... Much more potent if you get it to the blood quicker...

There's a chance someone reading this has an issue with painkillers. These comments aren't helping them.

In fact these comments should be deleted.

Yes so this clearly means it's what happened with Tiger.

I can't help it if you're too dumb to realize that's not what I said, but good troll attempt.

I just read on golfdigest an article with an attorney saying that if he had refused the urine test, since he already blew a 0, they wouldnt have been able to prove him guilty in court with no urine test for medication

Got to love attorneys. Self admission and video evidence of the effects not enough?

no they need proof in court also with the breathalyzer or urine sample in this case