Nike (Lunar Control Vapor 2's)LCV 2's

Finally up on NDC, Anthracite pair. At a glance, looks so similar to the Thunder Blue.

https://www.nike.com...Lwbw/899633-003

I thought the same thing and had to look at some images to check for myself. I have the thunder blue currently and I haven't had a chance to play yet this season so they're still sitting in the house.

Nike did have a $35 off $150 coupon on their website a few weeks back which I used - they may have this again after the 25% off deal is off.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally up on NDC, Anthracite pair. At a glance, looks so similar to the Thunder Blue.

https://www.nike.com...Lwbw/899633-003

I thought the same thing and had to look at some images to check for myself. I have the thunder blue currently and I haven't had a chance to play yet this season so they're still sitting in the house.

Nike did have a $35 off $150 coupon on their website a few weeks back which I used - they may have this again after the 25% off deal is off.

Oh, already ordered my pair. LOL I had a 20% coupon, in addition to $30 of gift cards from newegg.com. Added a hat and some socks. :)

Budget golf 15% off golf shoes code "NEWSHOES" so they are $127.46 with free shipping

Oh snap. looks like i'll order from there! LOL Damn, then i'd have extra gift card money.

Edit: Just ordered from Budget for $127.46 shipped. Amazing price. Now I have to figure out what to do with $152 dollars of gift cards from NDC.... Save it for the Nike Flyknit Racer Golf release? Yes Please.

What's the fit like on the LV2s?...I wear a 8 in the original LVs would I need the same in the 2s?...Sorry if it's been asked before...☺

I wear 11.5W in LCV and 11M in LCV2

Titleist TS3 Tensei Pro White
Titleist 917f2 Diamana Whiteboard
TM Rescue09
Mizuno MP-18SC TT AMT
Vokey SM7 Wedges 51, 56, 60
Scotty Newport 1.5 Custom
Titleist ProV1, Bridgestone BXs, KSig

Found a new pair of the LCV2 QS for below retail. Pumped about that. They are a .5 size bigger than my LC4's but I will make them work with thicker socks or something.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to like the LCV2s I ordered but the toe was point and it was pinching as my foot flexed. Had to send back and I wish I didn’t have to send my LCV1s in and now they are not available. They were extremely comfortable!

I felt the LCV was more comfortable despite smaller toe box as well.

i should clarify, sounds like these run really narrow.

i'm an 11 in most nike shoes (golf, sneakers, basketball, etc.)

the 11s were way too tight across the toe, 11.5s were perfect width wise, but too long.

went with the 11 wides that i'm currently stretching a little bit more with a shoe stretcher.

the lunar force 1 golf in size 11 fit perfectly but i need something w/ better traction, so those are my range shoes

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

I wanted to like the LCV2s I ordered but the toe was point and it was pinching as my foot flexed. Had to send back and I wish I didn’t have to send my LCV1s in and now they are not available. They were extremely comfortable!

I felt the LCV was more comfortable despite smaller toe box as well.

Ditto. Just MHO by I liked the roginals more than the LCV2s and thought they were more comfortable.

Can anyone speak to this style of bottom in regards to how it works for bigger fellers? Do you feel like you damage soft greens more than normal soft spike type shoes?

Yes. I'm 260 hashtags (#s) and every time I wear these shoes I feel very guilty and get self conscious on the greens. I definitely leave a mark and much more than the average shoe. As a reference I rotate through about 50 different pairs (no joke) and these are the worst on greens.

Ditto here and I'm 6' 5" 180 lbs. I stopped wearing them for early in the day rounds as I felt bad being in the first or second group out and marking up the greens.

Agree with the statements above. I’m 6’ and over 300 and the LCVs and LCV2s leave the worst marks I’ve ever seen on the greens. Not permanent damage but I’m sure the group, or 3, behind me can tell where I walked.

I haven’t worn them on course yet, is the traction better than traditional spikes?

Yes! They are incredibly grippy. The spikes hold up well too, I have about 40 rounds on each of two pairs of the LC1's and the spikes are still very grippy.

Any estimate on how long the soles would hold up? I have a pair of Dryjoys from 2012 :shok: I am looking to replace that developed cracks in the leather, but are still waterproof and clean up well in every other sense. I do change the spikes out every year, so I would hate for the sole to have the same lifespan as regular spikes and have to trash them. I don't have any illusions of them lasting six years though, as that was really pushing the Dryjoys and they probably should have been replaced a year or two ago.

I haven’t worn them on course yet, is the traction better than traditional spikes?

Yes! They are incredibly grippy. The spikes hold up well too, I have about 40 rounds on each of two pairs of the LC1's and the spikes are still very grippy.

Any estimate on how long the soles would hold up? I have a pair of Dryjoys from 2012 :shok: I am looking to replace that developed cracks in the leather, but are still waterproof and clean up well in every other sense. I do change the spikes out every year, so I would hate for the sole to have the same lifespan as regular spikes and have to trash them. I don't have any illusions of them lasting six years though, as that was really pushing the Dryjoys and they probably should have been replaced a year or two ago.

You must be new here? 6 year old shoes! :cheesy:

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

You must be new here? 6 year old shoes! :cheesy:

Haha, was going to say the same thing. Can say I’m around 20 rounds and they’re still in great shape.

Yeah, I'm jealous. I wish my shoes lasted that long but I would say one pair of shoes lasts me one year. That is about 35 rounds a year and some range time. Just ordered a new pair of Puma Pwradapt disc shoes to replace my FJs. The Puma's surprised me as I have never owned a Puma product but they felt more comfortable than all the NIKE, FJ and Sketchers I tried on.