APPLY: The TaylorMade Forged Experience! August 29-31. 6 Members Wanted! Apply here!

• ​Current USGA handicap 1.7
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Callaway Legacy Black (Stenson Version) with Tour AD 85S
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Not directly. Was fit for flatter irons and these came flatter from the factory. So I bought them and have loved them since.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf I've never gone through a true fitting. I did the box store route awhile back, but the options were limited and I didn't seem convinced that they fit me for the correct clubs.

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Current USGA handicap

7.2 currently due to health reasons. was a lower but fighting my way back into game shape!

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)

TM Tour RBladez Irons 4-Pw TM Zip Groves Wedges 50-54-58 all shafted with C-Taper S120

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

yes was fit years ago when technology was not advanced as today ( tape and lie boards, LOL ) , have had a few tweaks loft and lie adjustments over the years but fixed them myself on feel and shot shape desired.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

Would love to be fit by todays current methods and see the difference it would make in my game, and how much I could increase my weekly Nassau games! But would also love the Tour VIP experiences.... I'm a TM guy all they way with 13 of 14 clubs in the bag being TM! I don't change cubs often as I love what I have, its hard to duplicate a grove you build with equipment after years of tweaking and feel but these new additions look great so an easy transition for sure!

Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this, and pick me please! :taunt:

Thank you for the opportunity to apply for this amazing event!

• Current USGA handicap

[*]What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)

• Mizuno MP-15 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff

[*]Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

• Yes. Tim Mosel Golf in Denville, NJ. August 1, 2017

[*]State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

• While I have finally been through a proper fitting, I still have yet to purchase a brand new set of customized clubs. Everything I have ever owned has been pre-owned. I would be honored to go to California (been only once) to Taylormade. My previous set of irons, Taylormade Speedblades, really helped my game. Again, these were off the rack without a fitting. I know I can represent the GolfWRX membership well, and that I will be able to provide a thorough and consistent review for the membership.

[*]​Current USGA handicap - +1.7

[*]What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - 2014 AP2's, KBS 120V X-Stiff (PW - 4iron)

[*]Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - Yes, I was fit at Cool Clubs in CA in 2015

[*]State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I've been a titleist guy my whole life but switched to the M1 earlier this year and love it. I have a bunch of golf buddies playing the 770's and I'm intrigued. It seems like TM is now relevant in the iron conversation for better players. This sounds like an awesome opportunity to get fit, provide feedback to TM and to the GolfWRX community. Would be an honor to be apart of it!

you'll be expected to contribute to a live and ongoing TaylorMade Forged Experience thread on GolfWRX and on social media as well. - I'm new to GolfWRX but am more than happy to dive in!

• ​Current USGA handicap

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)
    • Titleist AP1 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff shafts

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?
    • Club Champion, Philadelphia, PA

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf
    • I've been working hard with a golf coach for the past 12-months, and I've improved my ball striking significantly. I aim to lower my handicap as far down as possible. As a data-conscious person, I would love the opportunity to fine tune all of my equipment to the greatest extent to maximize my performance. I love my M2 (2016) driver, which I believe improved my driving significantly. I would love to see what could happen with Taylor Made irons/wedges.

I am available on the proposed dates, and I would be happy to write about my experiences.

• Current USGA handicap - +1
    • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Titleist TMB 2 iron, Callaway Apex Pro Forged 3-pw, all with Nippon Pro 120 - xs shafts, 1/4" over standard with 1 degree upright lie. Wedges: Vokey 54/60 M grind raw finish with TT Tour Issue s-400.
    • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?Yes, fit at Callaway Ely performance center over 12 months ago, loved the experience.
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I play TM balls and driver for a long time, I've read about thru Golfwrx posts the experiences others have enjoyed and it sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime. Not everyone gets a chance in a lifetime to be part of something special. Growing up playing forged irons and chance to be part of the 700 series sounds like a dream for anyone that is chosen, what I've seen makes me want to change to the 730's and 750 combo set. if I'm selected, I would want to share this experience with others not only on Golfwrx but to other social media sites/media outlets.

•  

​Current USGA handicap: 18

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Ben Hogan Ft Worth, recoil 660 F4

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: no. Bought new when I started via direct website.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: Newer golfer, coming up on a little over two years. Practice everyday, play in some AM tournaments and won a few (D flight...) and committed to improving my ball striking. Would love to be a part of a fitting and represent like minded higher handicaps that are focused on fundamental improvement in lieu of pure technology aided fixes. Appreciate the consideration. Best of luck to everyone.

My current handicap is 11.1, I'm playing Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 4-A, with Steelfiber i95 shafts. I was fit for them at Redtail Golf in Portland Oregon 2015, but with KBS tour shafts. I was getting wrist and elbow tendinitis so I switched to the Steelfiber shafts so I could play and practice more, They were a big upgrade from my Burner 1.0 and helped my ball stiking.

I have always wanted to play a forged club but didn't feel I had the conisitancy for them. I recently demoed the P 770 as well as other forged offerings and found I wasn't giving up distance or foregiveness and they felt sooo soft and smooth. I'd love have a full Taylormade fitting and see what I imagine are incredible facilities. It would be a bucket list type experience and I'd like to see a few less strokes off my round like I've been able to do with my last two Taylormade purchases.

Thanks for the opportunity you're giving the community.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 11
    • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Calloway Apex CF - Graphite R standard shafts
    • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No
    • I struggle with pain in my hands from RA and find that forged clubs are far more comfortable. i turned 60 and tried the Apex due to the added length from the CF but find them to be much less consistent compared to my previous forged irons. I saw the news of new forged TM irons and was planning to try them out anyways so this would be a great opportunity to do so.

Handicap - 0.0

Irons - 716 Titleist CB's (4-PW) with Aerotech steelfiber 110 Stiff

Fit- yes I was fit a Club Champion in Dallas TX (August '16)

Why- I've tried the new Taylormade irons and woods. Really liked them and have thought about moving over to Taylormade from my all Titleist bag. If I was to be fit by the professionsals at Taylormade the decision would be very easy.

Thanks for the opportunity

• Callaway XR Pro (2015) KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
  • Yes. Golf USA
  • I play TM in all my woods and my putter. I have never really tried to hit and stay with TM irons; I've been callaway since the first set of clubs my Dad got from a vendor when I was 12 (now 32) and have stuck with them since. I am a good player but don't get to play enough to be +. So, I have the severe mishit probably once or twice a round. I am a high spin player and love to work the ball, and I've so high spinning I can move most GI irons relatively easily. I'd love to find some forged that have decent forgiveness, butter feel and the ability to do whatever I want with the ball. I switched to the TP5X (which is almost too long) AND LOVE TM. Thanks for the shot.

Handicap - 0.0

Irons - 716 Titleist CB's (4-PW) with Aerotech steelfiber 110 Stiff

Fit- yes I was fit a Club Champion in Dallas TX (August '16)

Why- I've tried the new Taylormade irons and woods. Really liked them and have thought about moving over to Taylormade from my all Titleist bag. If I was to be fit by the professionsals at Taylormade the decision would be very easy.

Thanks for the opportunity

• ​Current USGA handicap: 9.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Mizuno MP5/MP25 Combo set with KBS Tour Stiff (+1/4") A-heads
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: D'lance Performance Golf - Denver 2015
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: This year I suffered a broken knee early in the spring and lost most of the golf season. I have returned to golf but my ball striking has suffered and I'm struggling to find the center of the face consistently enough to play a bladed iron. I am stationed on active duty in Southern Maryland where there are no fitters and D'lance in Denver is a bit far away. It would be a thrill to get fit at a pro/tour level facility for something that fits my current game and help me play to my ability rather than add strokes to my handicap.

Current USGA handicap index: 2.9

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Mizuno MP-32 with Project X 5.0 shafts

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: I've never been fit for irons.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I need to start looking at new irons and suspect they should be a little more forgiving than what I currently game as I get older. Getting fit by the creme de la creme would be a dream come true!

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
Irons: Titleist 716 CB 4-7; 716 MB 8-P
Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style

In a post below, answer the following:

• Current USGA handicap - +1
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Titleist 710CB 2*flat/1* weak, x100 tour shafts, golf pride CP2 control core grips (standard size, one wrap)
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - Yes, Titleist Oceanside Facility in November 2014.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I already had plans to be fit at either the Taylormade Center here in Las Vegas or again in Oceanside with Titleist this November. This would be the perfect opportunity for me to give TaylorMade another look. The last time I played a Taylormade ball was the TP Red, and my last club was the R9, Im excited about the new offerings and luck be on my side this trip as well. Thanks for the opportunity!

USGA HCP = 15

Irons = TM RSI TP with KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

Fitted originally by Golf and Ski Warehouse in Hudson, NH, originally into KBS Tour 120 Stiff

Re-fitted with shaft change by Marriott Golf Academy, Orlando FL in Oct 2016

Why? My fitting experience in 2016 included modifying irons and moving into TM M2 fairways fitted with Speeder 757 Evo Tour Spec shafts. Re shafted gamer driver to match frequency. Separately had custom fitting for Cameron putter in Aug 2015 in Encinitas which was amazingly eye opening. I've benefited tremendously from improved technology in club design and proper fitting. My ability to sense club feedback and communicate with fitter beyond just trackman data makes the process more rewarding. Game has finally become much more enjoyable again for me after changing swing following an injury. Proper fitting is crucial to improved enjoyment. Have been eyeing the new P-750 since release. Would love to share social posts on this great opportunity to meet the TM team!

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]Titleist 917 D2 (9.5°) | Speeder TS Evo 661 S[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]TM M2 (16.5°, 21°, 24°) | Speeder TS Evo 757 S[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]TM RSi TP 5-PW | KBS TourV 110 S[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 Raw 50F, 54M, 58M | KBS TourV 110 soft-stepped[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]Scotty Cameron Encinitas Gallery Custom X5 34"[/color][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#808080]2017 Pro V1[/color][/font][/size]

• ​0.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts: TaylorMade P750 with KBS Tour V
  • Were you fit for your current irons? No fitting
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I would love to attend this event for the fact that TaylorMade is a huge military supporter. I am currently active duty Navy and have been for 7 years and recently returned from a 7 month deployment on May 15th 2017. I play TaylorMade clubs for the fact they do support the military. To be able to attend this even would give me the opportunity to give thanks to a company that supports the ones that defend this great nation of ours.

• Current USGA handicap 4.1
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Nike Vapor Pro Fly with Project X 6.0 shafts Stiff 4-9
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Nike Fittings at Arrowhead CC in Illinois
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf Nike close up shop, many of the Nike tour players have switched to TM. Would love to play the Irons that TM developed. I switched to TM M1 metals and LOVE them.

• Current USGA handicap - 15.6
  • Current Irons: Ping I series, KBS Tour 120
  • Fit in 2/2016 at Golf Exchange, Cincinnati, OH
  • I really enjoyed my fitting process for my current irons and put a lot of thought into that purchase. I'm curious to see how different a tour-level fitting would be. Beyond the fitting process, I think just spending time and swinging in front of fitters of that caliber, with that level or resources would improve my swing. Like most WRXers, I'm a gear nut and would love the opportunity to rub elbows with top industry guys.

​-Current USGA handicap: 0.5

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Callaway Apex Pro 16s with KBS tour V 110 stiff.

-Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: Yes Tom Howard's Golf in Evansville, IN.

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I've read the fitting threads religiously on this site and couldn't imagine getting the opportunity for myself. I would love to be able to share the experience with other people that are as engulfed in the sport and love golf as I do.

- Current USGA handicap: 10.4

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Ping i20 - Nippon Pro GH950

-Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: yes. Local Club Pro fit me with Ping fitting cart

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I am a golf junkie and would love to be scientifically fit by using all measurements available - as I think this could really impact my swing and game.

Titleist TSI3 - 9 degree w/Tensei AV Orange S 65
Ping 5 Wood - Tensei AV Orange S 75

Ping 7 Wood - Tensei AV Orange S 75
Titleist TSi2 21 
Ping i525 - AWT 2.0 Stiff + .25” - Green Dot (5-GW)
Ping Glide 4.0 (54 & 58)
Sub 70 Sycamore 005 Wide Blade / Ping Anser2
Pro V1

Current USGA handicap 10.1

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) srixon z745 2* up kbs tour 120.

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Never been fit

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. I have never properly been fit and really don't know who to go to around my area. I feel like I would get fitted wrong and always be second guessing my fitting since I don't know who to go to!

Handicap 10.2

Taylormade 2.0 Reax 85 stiff

No I was not fit for them. They we're a wedding gift from my wife

I love Taylormade gear and it's all I play. I feel that I could break that barrier of 80 and get better with a fitted set of clubs. I've read a lot about being fit and it makes sense. I think it would be a chance of a lifetime for a recreational golfer

-Current USGA handicap: 5.6

-Current irons: Titleist 714 cb with KBS Tour 120S

-Were you fitted?: No I was not

I've been through a fitting before but that was many over 10 years ago, and I'd love to talk with the TM team to see everything they put in to creating new clubs & actually meet the people that designed my clubs.

This just sounds insane. Fingers crossed!

• Current USGA handicap: 4.7
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Mizuno MP-58 (4-9), True Temper Dynamic Gold SL S300, PW: Mizuno MP T-5 50deg bent to 48.
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes, Uinta Golf, Salt Lake City UT, approx 7 years ago.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I'm an engineering nerd and a golf nerd. This is the absolute best of both worlds. I love the technology aspect of club design and interacting with the people who design it would be a dream! I'd love to see what opportunities the newest stuff could bring my game. I love my irons, but I'm aware they are a bit old and I'm open to finding something new!

• Current USGA handicap 4.1
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Titleist 716 AP2 w/ DG TI X100 3-AW
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Sort of, in a backwards sense, I went through the fitting process after I had purchased a stock set. Ended up 2* upright, stock length. June of last summer, at Bocking Golf
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I can only imagine that the process of being fit from start to finish by such a knowledgeable group as TM would be an incredible once in a lifetime experience.