PXG's new ad

mallrat

Personally I have no interest in the man or the equipment. I just can't get over the fact that so many many people get their panties in a bunch over his claims or his hiring choices. It's his money.

We already knew you didn't get it but thanks for clarifying. For the record I don't think anyone else cares what he does with his money but when he acts like he does and lies about everything he does he's going to get called out. The same goes for his minions and their ridiculous claims.

I'll share a quick story to show just how these people (crazy golfers and egomaniacs) act. Before the clubs were even released another golf site owner made the most obnoxious FB post about PXG and I called him out on it. It was completely arrogant, factless, childish and obviously either paid for or the person was the head of Parsons fan club. He wouldn't back down from his ridiculous claims, the same ones you seem to have missed, even when I explained to him that nothing about the clubs was revolutionary and that perceived value was nothing new in marketing. He continued pounding his chest about these clubs being the greatest thing the world had ever seen so I finally asked him if he had even hit them to which he responded "no". This is the kind of moronic golfer I described earlier but it's even worse given Parsons had zero exposure in the business and was known for ridiculous claims. It's understandable if a person jumps on board with a known companies product before trying it if they have a history, not smart but understandable. But this guy was talking complete trash, and 100% reading from the Parsons script including swearing at his own readers and telling them they weren't the target market unless they agreed with him.

At the end of the day anyone who bought them paid more than they would have for a similar product including custom fitting so you have to ask why? If people are just honest and say they wanted something different then more power to them but there's a core group who make the same ridiculous claims as the company instead of just admitting the truth.

Sure cause Taylor Made never made ridiculous claims they couldn't back up...

Same challenge as I laid out earlier, where did I say they didnt make ridiculous claims? Parsons doesn't make ridiculous claims, he outright lies and even more disgraceful is that there are people who defend it.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I have no interest in the man or the equipment. I just can't get over the fact that so many many people get their panties in a bunch over his claims or his hiring choices. It's his money.

We already knew you didn't get it but thanks for clarifying. For the record I don't think anyone else cares what he does with his money but when he acts like he does and lies about everything he does he's going to get called out. The same goes for his minions and their ridiculous claims.

I'll share a quick story to show just how these people (crazy golfers and egomaniacs) act. Before the clubs were even released another golf site owner made the most obnoxious FB post about PXG and I called him out on it. It was completely arrogant, factless, childish and obviously either paid for or the person was the head of Parsons fan club. He wouldn't back down from his ridiculous claims, the same ones you seem to have missed, even when I explained to him that nothing about the clubs was revolutionary and that perceived value was nothing new in marketing. He continued pounding his chest about these clubs being the greatest thing the world had ever seen so I finally asked him if he had even hit them to which he responded "no". This is the kind of moronic golfer I described earlier but it's even worse given Parsons had zero exposure in the business and was known for ridiculous claims. It's understandable if a person jumps on board with a known companies product before trying it if they have a history, not smart but understandable. But this guy was talking complete trash, and 100% reading from the Parsons script including swearing at his own readers and telling them they weren't the target market unless they agreed with him.

At the end of the day anyone who bought them paid more than they would have for a similar product including custom fitting so you have to ask why? If people are just honest and say they wanted something different then more power to them but there's a core group who make the same ridiculous claims as the company instead of just admitting the truth.

Sure cause Taylor Made never made ridiculous claims they couldn't back up...

Same challenge as I laid out earlier, where did I say they didnt make ridiculous claims? Parsons doesn't make ridiculous claims, he outright lies and even more disgraceful is that there are people who defend it.

You mean like TM lied about developing the speed slot when they really stole it from Adams? Or how TM stole the adjustable weights on the driver sole concept from Mizuno? Seems like you just have an axe to grind.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

New2golf-

How many reasons did GC and Fox have when they hired Holly Sonders? Why is Blair O'Neal on GC? You all make it seem like Parsons is the only guy that hires attractive women to represent his products.

if she stood and modeled his wares or talked about the clubs fine... just another ______ doing _______ type things... But shes seen hitting shots... as if she is someone... thats the difference....in my eyes its a slap to all the players who arent 'models" ( man that tastes bad ) especially the ones already on PXG staff.... its saying something in that vain for sure

Right, because only a top ranked player in the world can swing a golf club.

its like drivers... theres drivers then theres steering wheel holders... sure anyone can swing a club.. but few do it well... what your point is i have no clue...

my point is that is does women Players a disservice to have a low tier pro like her as the female face of the company simply because of the kardashian effect.....this is a player that doesnt qualify for tournaments much less make cuts in the ones shes offered exemptions to...

as for calling her mediocre and you misundertanding that i meant pro... i have adopted a famous members distiction here... Player with a capital P is to mean an accomplished player who has earned respect of her or his peers.... player with a lower case p is to denote a player who plays the game and has no note of merit attached to their name..... shes a player for sure... and a lower tier one at that .... mediocre is being kind....

The LPGA/KKPGA/LET/JLPGA Golf Fashion - On Course is the most viewed forum on the LPGA Golf talk but you can't comprehend why Parsons selected Paige to be the Brand Ambassador.

Lol. I understand the theory behind it. But question the eye health of the target audience.

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is this any different than having Hank Haney or Butch Harmon as a spokesperson? Neither have had much success on the course as far as I'm aware. Do the PGA players begrudge them for earning a few $$$'s on the side?

Paige is spokesperson, aka brand ambassador. It's marketing.

Mr. Haney and Mr. Harmon are legendary Golf Instructors, that led their students to legendary careers.

Can we really compare them to an internet sensation who is gorgeous and hasn't even been successful in securing an LPGA Tour Card?

Marketing for sure. Smart marketing? The jury is out for now as far as I'm concerned.

well we're all talking about it so I think the jury is back in and the spokesperson is standing up

No axe at all just years of experience in the business watching the damage that people like Parsons do to golfers.

BTW if those techs were "stolen" they would have lost lawsuits. Did they?

Lol. Seriously? Parsons is actually causing damage? Physical? Emotional?

PXG has what percentage of the market? 1%? Not sure how much more damage he could do to an industry already damaged by over inflated claims. SLDR anyone? There most overhyped and underdelivering club in the history of golf.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Is this any different than having Hank Haney or Butch Harmon as a spokesperson? Neither have had much success on the course as far as I'm aware. Do the PGA players begrudge them for earning a few $$$'s on the side?

Paige is spokesperson, aka brand ambassador. It's marketing.

Mr. Haney and Mr. Harmon are legendary Golf Instructors, that led their students to legendary careers.

Can we really compare them to an internet sensation who is gorgeous and hasn't even been successful in securing an LPGA Tour Card?

Marketing for sure. Smart marketing? The jury is out for now as far as I'm concerned.

well we're all talking about it so I think the jury is back in and the spokesperson is standing up

once again ,marketing myth.

No axe at all just years of experience in the business watching the damage that people like Parsons do to golfers.

PXG has what percentage of the market? 1%? Not sure how much more damage he could do to an industry already damaged by over inflated claims. SLDR anyone? There most overhyped and underdelivering club in the history of golf.

Dodge dip duck dive dodge

Did that get through? Apparently, it did subconsciously because you went on to mention a company you feel is misleading to golfers.

So the SLDR was overhyped and yet a lot of people say its the longest driver they've ever hit. You also had to loft up which was part of the ad campaign so that was factual. Did they say it was super easy to hit? I honestly cant remember. Also you will never find me defending TM. I wrote them off years ago after speaking with a regional manager.

Thanks for the laugh, gang. I don't recall the last time I've laughed this hard. The fact that a handful of folks can get so upset over a golf company exaggerating their product is really quite amazing. PXG is not the first company to claim that their product allows one to walk on water. They are also not the first to hire a pretty young woman to hawk their wares. I hate to think how upset you get over Tesla, Apple, or any other product selling an "upscale" experience at a ridiculously inflated price. I'm quite sure that the folks at PXG are p*ssing themselves knowing that people are actually talking about their products. You've played directly into their hands. Nice.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Thanks for the laugh, gang. I don't recall the last time I've laughed this hard. The fact that a handful of folks can get so upset over a golf company exaggerating their product is really quite amazing. PXG is not the first company to claim that their product allows one to walk on water. They are also not the first to hire a pretty young woman to hawk their wares. I hate to think how upset you get over Tesla, Apple, or any other product selling an "upscale" experience at a ridiculously inflated price. I'm quite sure that the folks at PXG are p*ssing themselves knowing that people are actually talking about their products. You've played directly into their hands. Nice.

Yes because talking about it on a Golf forum is EXACTLY like spending thousands on Golf clubs, right?

Informal poll. How many people are running out to buy PXG Clubs because of this discussion? Anyone? Bueller?

All PXG cares about is SALES. I hope you realize this. Do you?

sldr was zero hype... IF you have the speed to use it.... longest driver ive ever hit is sldr 430 with a matrix radix 7321....dont blame the club... it wasnt its fault

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

There were lawsuits between Adams and TM and TM decided to buy Adams to avoid paying damages. I guess you weren't on watch during that time.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Yes because talking about it on a Golf forum is EXACTLY like spending thousands on Golf clubs, right?

Informal poll. How many people are running out to buy PXG Clubs because of this discussion? Anyone? Bueller?

All any golf business cares about is sales and profits. Do you realize this?

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

New2golf-

How many reasons did GC and Fox have when they hired Holly Sonders? Why is Blair O'Neal on GC? You all make it seem like Parsons is the only guy that hires attractive women to represent his products.

if she stood and modeled his wares or talked about the clubs fine... just another ______ doing _______ type things... But shes seen hitting shots... as if she is someone... thats the difference....in my eyes its a slap to all the players who arent 'models" ( man that tastes bad ) especially the ones already on PXG staff.... its saying something in that vain for sure

Right, because only a top ranked player in the world can swing a golf club.

its like drivers... theres drivers then theres steering wheel holders... sure anyone can swing a club.. but few do it well... what your point is i have no clue...

my point is that is does women Players a disservice to have a low tier pro like her as the female face of the company simply because of the kardashian effect.....this is a player that doesnt qualify for tournaments much less make cuts in the ones shes offered exemptions to...

as for calling her mediocre and you misundertanding that i meant pro... i have adopted a famous members distiction here... Player with a capital P is to mean an accomplished player who has earned respect of her or his peers.... player with a lower case p is to denote a player who plays the game and has no note of merit attached to their name..... shes a player for sure... and a lower tier one at that .... mediocre is being kind....

The LPGA/KKPGA/LET/JLPGA Golf Fashion - On Course is the most viewed forum on the LPGA Golf talk but you can't comprehend why Parsons selected Paige to be the Brand Ambassador.

Lol. I understand the theory behind it. But question the eye health of the target audience.

I'd say you are in the minority in terms of finding Paige attractive, maybe she's just not your type.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

There were lawsuits between Adams and TM and TM decided to buy Adams to avoid paying damages. I guess you weren't on watch during that time.

There is nothing "upscale" about what they offer though. Also that is a marketing myth but lets not rain on your delusional little parade.

Did you actually read any part of the discussion or are you just knee jerking to throw your hat in? That's exactly what I said, LOL.

There is nothing "upscale" about what they offer though. Also that is a marketing myth but lets not rain on your delusional little parade.

PXG pricing, customer experience and target market is upscale. They offer an exclusive product (based on price), limited distribution, very customized fitting (3 - 4 hours) and many customers that purchased the products seem to be happy with the way they spent their money. JDM has offered expensive clubs for years, Titliest offered their C irons at a premium price with no custom fitting, Callaway is selling their Epic irons at a premium price with fitting so there is clearly a market for higher priced golf equipment that these manufacturers would like a piece of.

If you actually went through the custom fitting and purchased PXG clubs then you could discuss their failings and misrepresentations but nowhere have I read that you did. Instead you're throwing out baseless accusations based on some personal feelings about Bob Parsons and PXG. I don't own PXG clubs, I don't do any marketing for PXG and I really don't care if they are successful or not what I'm defending is their right to develop a product and target a specific market in the golf industry. Capitalism will decide if the products and service are worthy of the price tag and if they aren't they will fail as a business.

I fully support everyones right to vote with their wallets and let that be the final determination of their business practice. The job of marketing is to create a vision / illusion for potential customers that will drive them to purchase the products they represent. Every golf manufacturer disseminates lies through their marketing department, if you want to hold the industry to tighter standards then call them all out but singling out PXG while you ignore the rest just makes it seem baseless and personal.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Sorry guys, I was started this thread and was curious if you guys thought the tour ladies would be upset or would you if you were a touring pro on PXG's staff. Didn't mean for it to turn into what it has.

Also for the Golf Channel comparisons, I don't get it. The girls they hired probably had some on air time and were trying to be professionals in that realm. I don't see how their golfing careers and being hired as an on air personality and a golf club manufacturer using a spokesperson are the same thing.

I guess I gauge it by this. Can you go to any college town bar at any given moment and see someone twice as beautiful as that ? Yes. Easily. Soooo ? Model ? Nah.

All that being said. I'm sure I'm not anyone's ten either. But I don't go around flashing the camera trying to peddle flesh either.

You said it, buddy.

More power to Paige. She may not be LPGA caliber today, but that doesn't mean she can't be tomorrow. She has to earn a living just like any of us. These deals allow her to continue to play and practice full time to try and achieve her goals without worrying about having to hold down some other part time job to pay the bills.

If you believe that she doesn't deserve this or any of her other endorsements, just look at your own profession, I'm willing to bet each person here who is hating (and non haters) on Paige believes that in their own world there is someone ahead of them who doesn't deserve it. Such is life.

I think Paige deserves all she has accomplished and I will cheer her on and wish her success as a golfer and businesswoman.

For the record, she probably has more game than 99% of those posting and saying she can't play.

If you believe that she doesn't deserve this or any of her other endorsements, just look at your own profession

Internet sensation and glamorous hunk Turk “Greenfingers” Delaney is a rising star of cabbage farming, and probably the sexiest cabbage farmer in the USA. He shot to fame on instagram with sexy pictures of him and his prize-winning cabbages and has spoken out against a new dress code for farmers which inhibits wearing hot pants. His latest tweets show his inner turmoil at being singled out for criticism just because of the way he looks, and he insists that “I truly am a cabbage farmer and I know inside my heart that’s what I am, and that’s all that matters – that I am truly able to be myself”.

If you believe that she doesn't deserve this or any of her other endorsements, just look at your own profession

Internet sensation and glamorous hunk Turk “Greenfingers” Delaney is a rising star of cabbage farming, and probably the sexiest cabbage farmer in the USA. He shot to fame on instagram with sexy pictures of him and his prize-winning cabbages and has spoken out against a new dress code for farmers which inhibits wearing hot pants. His latest tweets show his inner turmoil at being singled out for criticism just because of the way he looks, and he insists that “I truly am a cabbage farmer and I know inside my heart that’s what I am, and that’s all that matters – that I am truly able to be myself”.

LMAO....exactly dude! So good..literally laughed at reading this.

Everyone deserves whatever it is they get out of whatever they are doing to get what they deserve.

If Paige Spinnerclass believes in her heart that she is working hard, then gee willikers, she is working hard and thats that.

Shes a above moderately attractive woman who plays golf and people want to look at her...more power to her.

More power to Paige. She may not be LPGA caliber today, but that doesn't mean she can't be tomorrow. She has to earn a living just like any of us. These deals allow her to continue to play and practice full time to try and achieve her goals without worrying about having to hold down some other part time job to pay the bills.

If you believe that she doesn't deserve this or any of her other endorsements, just look at your own profession, I'm willing to bet each person here who is hating (and non haters) on Paige believes that in their own world there is someone ahead of them who doesn't deserve it. Such is life.

I think Paige deserves all she has accomplished and I will cheer her on and wish her success as a golfer and businesswoman.

For the record, she probably has more game than 99% of those posting and saying she can't play.

To sum that up. " you all know undeserving people who succeed . Get over it. In fact like it. Oh yea. And I think she can play and likely better than you ".

Really ? Why would anyone accept injustice as ok ? And on what level would we judge this contest ? Same tees etc ? I'm guessing the milenial yard stick ? Split tees she gets strokes and someone Carrys her bag and lines her up for every shot ? #winning-yay!

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sorry guys, I was started this thread and was curious if you guys thought the tour ladies would be upset or would you if you were a touring pro on PXG's staff. Didn't mean for it to turn into what it has.

Also for the Golf Channel comparisons, I don't get it. The girls they hired probably had some on air time and were trying to be professionals in that realm. I don't see how their golfing careers and being hired as an on air personality and a golf club manufacturer using a spokesperson are the same thing.

No I don't think most of the ladies care, and if they did none of them sponsored or not have opened their mouths. They have no problem speaking up when they think they aren't getting equal money, or when they feel a dress code is wrong, so I don't know why any of them would be scared to speak up about this. They haven't therefore I don't think they really give a crap.

As far as me if i was in their boat, I'd would be more worried about why I have to travel out of the country for half my tourney's and we are struggling to get domestic sponsorship. But that is just me. I wouldn't be worried some blonde is trying to sell golf clubs.

Not sure about that...plenty of people get into these luxury type projects for other reasons...vanity, status, ego.

Yesterday on 60 minutes, Bill Koch talked about how he spent well in excess of $35 million in legal costs/private detectives to go after those in the fake wine business...with no hopes of every recouping those funds.

When you have a boatload of money, often people make decisions that have little to do with profit/loss.