2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

PXG's new ad

mallrat

Fantastic stuff here. Comparing PXG to the Dallas Cowboys is like comparing apples to manhole covers.

Good post above about Ferrari/Dodge.

But painting with a broad brush, maybe touting PXG to the well-heeled 'Gentlemens Club' set might be their only realistic route for sales, as I don't see a lot of traditional country club players finding anything about them appealing

When PXG first came out I thought the exact same thing. I figured the price point was too high and it would fade pretty fast once the "rich" bought their few sets.

But I was wrong. My club is a traditional Country Club and PXG has done two outings and are planning a third. Club members are buying.

Yep. Their fitting van seems to be on our range once a week. Lots of guys have them now. To me they're fine, but that's it. I think a lot of guys really like the fitting process, which is very detailed, but nothing a good club fitter wouldn't do. I tried a friend's set - admittedly set up entirely wrong for me - and they were easy to hit, but $3K for 7 sticks? I'd get JDM irons for half that.

Cobra F8+ Diamana Blue S
Taylormade M1 15º, 19° Matrix Black Tie S
Royal Collection BBD VS, Shimada S 4-P
Axis1 Tour, 35"
Ben Hogan 51º
Anthem 56°
Miura 59°

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PXG already has several LPGA players sponsored. There are also numerous LPGA pros that play the clubs. Given the cost of the equipment, and their income, I assume they were given the clubs by the company.

They hired her as a spokesperson, not as a player. Walk the aisles of any trade show in the country and you'll see plenty of beautiful women hawking products they don't own. As a a spokespersons I assume she'll be attending events that would conflict with the normal tournament schedule. That's the difference between a spokesperson and a sponsored player.

Don't see what her getting exemptions to tournaments has anything whatsoever to do with her employment as a spokesperson.

YOu are spot on with the reasoning for bobby to hire Paige.

My question is. Why aren't women outraged at this ? Why aren't they mad that he's hired a mediocre player to be the spokesperson in place of a real Player ? In other words it says " women can't play anyway and all they will care about is how our gear and clubs look , so let's hire a model to try to attract women customers ". Surely this is the angle. It cannot be to attract male buyers. Unless it's for the " needs cataract surgery " demographic.

Not sure what this means or if it's an attempt at sarcasm

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

PXG already has several LPGA players sponsored. There are also numerous LPGA pros that play the clubs. Given the cost of the equipment, and their income, I assume they were given the clubs by the company.

They hired her as a spokesperson, not as a player. Walk the aisles of any trade show in the country and you'll see plenty of beautiful women hawking products they don't own. As a a spokespersons I assume she'll be attending events that would conflict with the normal tournament schedule. That's the difference between a spokesperson and a sponsored player.

Don't see what her getting exemptions to tournaments has anything whatsoever to do with her employment as a spokesperson.

My question is. Why aren't women outraged at this ? Why aren't they mad that he's hired a mediocre player to be the spokesperson in place of a real Player ? In other words it says " women can't play anyway and all they will care about is how our gear and clubs look , so let's hire a model to try to attract women customers ". Surely this is the angle. It cannot be to attract male buyers. Unless it's for the " needs cataract surgery " demographic.

Define mediocre player? She's currently ranked #1198 in the world. There are ~5.7 million female golfers in the world, so she's in the top 0.02% percent. 'No slouch. Heck, she's probably better than 99% of all male golfers on the planet.

Why aren't women outraged that The Golf Channel hires a handful of "mediocre" female players? I mean, Blair O'Neal, Meghan Hardin, Holly Sonders, Win McMurry, and Lauren Thompson weren't lighting it up on the LPGA before picking up a microphone.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Define mediocre player? She's currently ranked #1198 in the world. There are ~5.7 million female golfers in the world, so she's in the top 0.02% percent. 'No slouch. Heck, she's probably better than 99% of all male golfers on the planet.

Why aren't women outraged that The Golf Channel hires a handful of "mediocre" female players? I mean, Blair O'Neal, Meghan Hardin, Holly Sonders, Win McMurry, and Lauren Thompson weren't lighting it up on the LPGA before picking up a microphone.

by definition of what most would consider a mediocre pro --- someone ranked outside the top thousand...would be mediocre.

Meghan Hardin (pro golfer, we all admit NOT a pro), Win McMurry and Holly aren't working for GG, and LT isn't pretending to be anything other than on-air personality and a darn good one -- plus, she dresses accordingly (quite traditional by the previously mentioned women's standards) for her role. LT earned her spot on television -- MH isn't doing anything on TV anymore (real estate last i checked), HS is a plastic figure owned by fox.

just sayin.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

by definition of what most would consider a mediocre pro --- someone ranked outside the top thousand...would be mediocre.

Meghan Hardin (pro golfer, we all admit NOT a pro), Win McMurry and Holly aren't working for GG, and LT isn't pretending to be anything other than on-air personality and a darn good one -- plus, she dresses accordingly (quite traditional by the previously mentioned women's standards) for her role. LT earned her spot on television -- MH isn't doing anything on TV anymore (real estate last i checked), HS is a plastic figure owned by fox.

just sayin.

Don't be pendantic. They all worked for The Golf Channel at one point.

PXG didn't say that they hired Paige for her golfing ability, now did they? They hired her as a spokesperson.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

just sayin.

PXG didn't say that they hired Paige for her golfing ability, now did they? They hired her as a spokesperson.

Lol so negating your comment is pedantic ? Whatever man. They hired her for two reasons. Neither are golf related.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

I'm happy the kid got a paying gig.....but you can surely bet there are LPGA Pro's that are going to be jealous.

But let's face it - Paige will help PXG sell more clubs than most all of the lower tier LPGA players that are going to be upset about her getting this endorsement deal. She'll attend some fitting events at private clubs, participate in a clinic and attend a few parties and (probably) generally make PXG look good. The old guys (anyone my age or older) will enjoy watching her hit a few balls and probably buy some clubs....and that's the entire name of the game.

One thing about the commercial - At least I know how to pronounce her last name properly.

BTW: I now have more than a dozen friends playing PXG clubs and they all love them....even the putters.

Be curious if your friends really love them. I can't imagine many people would spend upwards of $3k on a set of clubs and then admit they were nothing special. "Hey Bob, how are those PXG's? Awful they stink, I just spent 3 times more than a normal set of clubs and frickin hate them."

I imagine they would do well at high end country clubs where they can be a status symbol.

I agree that some people don’t want to admit a three-grand mistake...but the ones I’ve talked with really seem to like the clubs. Maybe some indifference on the woods but the irons are getting high praise. The handicap range is legit scratch (formerly +) upto 8-10 range. Several of these guys bought irons at the first PXG outing and then doubled down at the next and now play PXG all through the bag. The guy generally acknowledged to have the best short game at our club was the first to get a putter and that kicked off a PXG putter frenzy....to be fair - you could give him a beat up blade from a defunct mini-golf course and he’d still make everything.

We also have some guys that can’t break 100 with 10 mulligans who are playing PXG and they love them....still can’t play a lick but their bags look good.

I don't play PXG but also have a few buddies that love them. Seems odd-well not odd for posting on wrx really-that the posts that have praised the virtues of PXG have been ignored as folks continue to pile on because of .....price.....marketing......jealousy.....??

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

hype? Thats the biggest reason. Insane, inaccurate, false claims AND an insane price along with BOOM Baby and boobs. You can't put Corvette badging on a Chevette and claim it performs better than the vette with "New" "groundbreaking" technology and not get called out for being nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

Jealousy is not even on the radar for 99.9999999% of those that call Parsons and PXG on his BS.

hype? Thats the biggest reason. Insane, inaccurate, false claims AND an insane price along with BOOM Baby and boobs. You can't put Corvette badging on a Chevette and claim it performs better than the vette with "New" "groundbreaking" technology and not get called out for being nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

Jealousy is not even on the radar for 99.9999999% of those that call Parsons and PXG on his BS.

Lol. So ignore it. They're not the only ones to claim "greater distance". Practically every major manufacturer has played the "longer" card over the past decade. Funny, but the average distances for the vast majority of players hasn't changed over the previous 10 years.

just sayin.

Lol so negating your comment is pedantic ? Whatever man. They hired her for two reasons. Neither are golf related.

How many reasons did GC and Fox have when they hired Holly Sonders? Why is Blair O'Neal on GC? You all make it seem like Parsons is the only guy that hires attractive women to represent his products.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

i would agree with that last statement too..but their defense would be they hired mediocre male players too ( exception being Duval and Cookie).... lol 1198 in the world aye? im guessing out of 2000 that actually get ranked? its all relative... and in the pro female golf world shes underneath several good teachig pros im sure... thats mediocre.... come on surely you see my point ? whether you agree with it or not

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This may be naive, but I never understood why people would purchase a product simply because it's endorsed by a sports figure or a celebrity. Obviously endorsements work, or companies wouldn't utilize them...still, I have no interest in purchasing a product simply because "x" uses it.

It's like those "Company A is the official [fill in the blank] of the New England Patriots", or whatever sports team. I always get a chuckle out of those.

New2golf-

How many reasons did GC and Fox have when they hired Holly Sonders? Why is Blair O'Neal on GC? You all make it seem like Parsons is the only guy that hires attractive women to represent his products.

if she stood and modeled his wares or talked about the clubs fine... just another ______ doing _______ type things... But shes seen hitting shots... as if she is someone... thats the difference....in my eyes its a slap to all the Players who arent 'models" ( man that tastes bad ) especially the ones already on PXG staff.... its saying something in that vain for sure

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Mediocre player = one win on the Cactus Tour and not making it through Q school the first time and then giving up. Also getting three sponsor exemptions and missing the cut each time. Bad optics on that one too.

As far as Blair O'Neal et al on the GC. They were never any illusions that they were Tour Pros. They are Teaching Pros are they not? Maybes not. I'm truly asking. There is a difference no? Paige is neither a Tour Pro, nor a Teaching Pro.

Mediocre player = one win on the Cactus Tour and not making it through Q school the first time and then giving up. Also getting three sponsor exemptions and missing the cut each time. Bad optics on that one too.

As far as Blair O'Neal et al on the GC. They were never any illusions that they were Tour Pros. They are Teaching Pros are they not? Maybes not. I'm truly asking. There is a difference no? Paige is neither a Tour Pro, nor a Teaching Pro.

Did they ever say they hired her because she was a Tour Pro, or a Teaching Pro? No, they hired her to be a spokesperson. As far as I'm aware, there are no qualifications other than looking good to be a spokesperson. I don't believe scoring well is a requirement either.

Did they ever say they hired her because she was a Tour Pro, or a Teaching Pro? No, they hired her to be a spokesperson. As far as I'm aware, there are no qualifications other than looking good to be a spokesperson. I don't believe scoring well is a requirement either.

Now wait just a damn minute. YOU asked what the definition of "Mediocre" player was, and I replied.

YOU asked about the women on the Golf Channel, and I replied.

I answered YOUR questions so don't deflect to another topic because you don't have an appropriate reply to the responses YOU asked for.

Fine. A player good enough to be ranked is not a mediocre player in my opinion, especially given that she could clean the clocks of 99% of all male players in the world. Is she a mediocre pro? Yeah, probably. However, you didn't say she was a mediocre pro. You said she was a mediocre player.

As for the women on the GC, I see absolutely no difference. They were certainly not hired (at one point) because they were top women professionals. They were hired to do a job where golf skills were not the most important criteria. 'Same goes with Paige. Whether they did their jobs well is besides the point. Personally, I like all of them. However, that doesn't change the fact that they weren't hired when they were winning tournaments on the LPGA.

You just can't get your head around the fact that Paige wasn't given a sponsorship. She was hired as a spokesperson. Two completely different lines of work.

New2golf-

if she stood and modeled his wares or talked about the clubs fine... just another ______ doing _______ type things... But shes seen hitting shots... as if she is someone... thats the difference....in my eyes its a slap to all the players who arent 'models" ( man that tastes bad ) especially the ones already on PXG staff.... its saying something in that vain for sure

Right, because only a top ranked player in the world can swing a golf club.

No its ok ill go ahead and pay attention to what I like, thanks though.

Funny I dont see where I mentioned distance. Parsons claims are much more dishonest.

Lol. More dishonest? The average handicap for amateurs hasn't changed in 30 years. The average driving distance has edged up ever so slightly. Golf equipment manufacturers have been pitching longer, straighter, and higher for years before Parsons came along. He's got a lot of catching up to do in the bullsh*t department.

And again I never said anything about distance. Also he has no catching up to do in the BS department with anyone. Hes so full of it on most topics that he probably smells like the north end of a south bound moose.

Surely I don't need to repeat myself or actually point directly to his dishonest remarks about his groundbreaking equipment.

You seem to have quite the mancrush. I can't imagine it will make his ego any larger or get you a free set of clubs.

Personally I have no interest in the man or the equipment. I just can't get over the fact that so many many people get their panties in a bunch over his claims or his hiring choices. It's his money.

New2golf-

if she stood and modeled his wares or talked about the clubs fine... just another ______ doing _______ type things... But shes seen hitting shots... as if she is someone... thats the difference....in my eyes its a slap to all the players who arent 'models" ( man that tastes bad ) especially the ones already on PXG staff.... its saying something in that vain for sure

its like drivers... theres drivers then theres steering wheel holders... sure anyone can swing a club.. but few do it well... what your point is i have no clue...

my point is that is does women Players a disservice to have a low tier pro like her as the female face of the company simply because of the kardashian effect.....this is a player that doesnt qualify for tournaments much less make cuts in the ones shes offered exemptions to...

as for calling her mediocre and you misundertanding that i meant pro... i have adopted a famous members distiction here... Player with a capital P is to mean an accomplished player who has earned respect of her or his peers.... player with a lower case p is to denote a player who plays the game and has no note of merit attached to their name..... shes a player for sure... and a lower tier one at that .... mediocre is being kind....

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

However, you didn't say she was a mediocre pro. You said she was a mediocre player.

Good lord, you sure do like to split hairs don't you? We aren't talking about the every day "player" at the country club are we? Did any of those people get 3 exemptions or a sponsorship with Callaway o PXG? Why would be talking about anything other than Pros? Btw, if you look at her website, SHE claims she is a Pro Golfer. Sheesh.

You like to argue for arguments sake. Got it.

New2golf-

its like drivers... theres drivers then theres steering wheel holders... sure anyone can swing a club.. but few do it well... what your point is i have no clue...

my point is that is does women Players a disservice to have a low tier pro like her as the female face of the company simply because of the kardashian effect.....this is a player that doesnt qualify for tournaments much less make cuts in the ones shes offered exemptions to...

as for calling her mediocre and you misundertanding that i meant pro... i have adopted a famous members distiction here... Player with a capital P is to mean an accomplished player who has earned respect of her or his peers.... player with a lower case p is to denote a player who plays the game and has no note of merit attached to their name..... shes a player for sure... and a lower tier one at that .... mediocre is being kind....

The LPGA/KKPGA/LET/JLPGA Golf Fashion - On Course is the most viewed forum on the LPGA Golf talk but you can't comprehend why Parsons selected Paige to be the Brand Ambassador.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Personally I have no interest in the man or the equipment. I just can't get over the fact that so many many people get their panties in a bunch over his claims or his hiring choices. It's his money.

We already knew you didn't get it but thanks for clarifying. For the record I don't think anyone else cares what he does with his money but when he acts like he does and lies about everything he does he's going to get called out. The same goes for his minions and their ridiculous claims.

I'll share a quick story to show just how these people (crazy golfers and egomaniacs) act. Before the clubs were even released another golf site owner made the most obnoxious FB post about PXG and I called him out on it. It was completely arrogant, factless, childish and obviously either paid for or the person was the head of Parsons fan club. He wouldn't back down from his ridiculous claims, the same ones you seem to have missed, even when I explained to him that nothing about the clubs was revolutionary and that perceived value was nothing new in marketing. He continued pounding his chest about these clubs being the greatest thing the world had ever seen so I finally asked him if he had even hit them to which he responded "no". This is the kind of moronic golfer I described earlier but it's even worse given Parsons had zero exposure in the business and was known for ridiculous claims. It's understandable if a person jumps on board with a known companies product before trying it if they have a history, not smart but understandable. But this guy was talking complete trash, and 100% reading from the Parsons script including swearing at his own readers and telling them they weren't the target market unless they agreed with him.

At the end of the day anyone who bought them paid more than they would have for a similar product including custom fitting so you have to ask why? If people are just honest and say they wanted something different then more power to them but there's a core group who make the same ridiculous claims as the company instead of just admitting the truth.

We already knew you didn't get it but thanks for clarifying. For the record I don't think anyone else cares what he does with his money but when he acts like he does and lies about everything he does he's going to get called out. The same goes for his minions and their ridiculous claims.

I'll share a quick story to show just how these people (crazy golfers and egomaniacs) act. Before the clubs were even released another golf site owner made the most obnoxious FB post about PXG and I called him out on it. It was completely arrogant, factless, childish and obviously either paid for or the person was the head of Parsons fan club. He wouldn't back down from his ridiculous claims, the same ones you seem to have missed, even when I explained to him that nothing about the clubs was revolutionary and that perceived value was nothing new in marketing. He continued pounding his chest about these clubs being the greatest thing the world had ever seen so I finally asked him if he had even hit them to which he responded "no". This is the kind of moronic golfer I described earlier but it's even worse given Parsons had zero exposure in the business and was known for ridiculous claims. It's understandable if a person jumps on board with a known companies product before trying it if they have a history, not smart but understandable. But this guy was talking complete trash, and 100% reading from the Parsons script including swearing at his own readers and telling them they weren't the target market unless they agreed with him.

At the end of the day anyone who bought them paid more than they would have for a similar product including custom fitting so you have to ask why? If people are just honest and say they wanted something different then more power to them but there's a core group who make the same ridiculous claims as the company instead of just admitting the truth.

Sure cause Taylor Made never made ridiculous claims they couldn't back up...

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX