2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

PXG's new ad

mallrat

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PXG is a running joke at this point so who really cares. Parson's has made it a circus act with his personally narrated commercials.

By running joke do you mean at the forefront of a paradigm shift to the equipment industry?

I meant running joke like he hurts his own brand because his ego is the size of Texas. Let the players be the star of the show not the owner of the company especially when he produces used car sales level commercials. And please explain to me what paradigm shift he started in the equipment industry ? If you say he invented the overpriced iron market i'm going to laugh.

Disagree- works for Jerry Jones. He is forcing other makers to create better product for ALL golfers. There really is no arguing that one.

Better product? I know you are s fanboy but step away from the kool-aid, mug, needle and whatever else you are getting this ridiculous crap from.

Possibly just another smart marketing move by Bob Parsons & Co..... he has people talking about it, which equates to success. Exactly what he wanted you to do .

Complete marketing myth.

Indeed. Just like that Kardasian ad that got people talking... just what Pepsi was looking for.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Frankly, I have absolutely no idea why anyone gets their panties in a bunch over PXG. A bunch of folks like to whack a ball into a gopher hole for several hours. Another bunch of rich guys want to do it with ridiculously expensive equipment. So frikin what? How or why these expensive sticks are marketed is no different than the big boys selling an extra 15 yards twice a year. Someone must be buying, no?

There are dozens of high end auto makers that sell cars that are on par with performance cars costing less than 1/10th the price. Someone must think the badge on the hood is worth the extra $$ paid. I certainly don't lose sleep over it.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Frankly, I have absolutely no idea why anyone gets their panties in a bunch over PXG. A bunch of folks like to whack a ball into a gopher hole for several hours. Another bunch of rich guys want to do it with ridiculously expensive equipment. So frikin what? How or why these expensive sticks are marketed is no different than the big boys selling an extra 15 yards twice a year. Someone must be buying, no?

There are dozens of high end auto makers that sell cars that are on par with performance cars costing less than 1/10th the price. Someone must think the badge on the hood is worth the extra $$ paid. I certainly don't lose sleep over it.

Your car analogy is a False Equivalency. The two industries have nothing in common.

The following is why this topic is controversial. PXG could have given the contract to a hard working tour professional. This could have gotten her more exposure, and help her with her finances. Women's Golf doesn't make nearly what Men's Golf does and every little bit can help.

Instead they chose a Model as a brand rep because of her looks and her much cheaper price tag. Paige already has a bit of a bad rep amongst the Pros because she got three Sponsor's exemptions. These exemptions could have gone to someone else who would have had a better shot of actually making good on their appearance. After Paige did not do well at her 1st exemption, it was rather shocking that she was award two more. And then fair just as badly each time. There is some resentment there. There are people out there who should have gotten those exemption over her for sure.

I personally couldn't care less. She is a beautiful, young woman who knows how to market herself. Good for her.

PXG already has several LPGA players sponsored. There are also numerous LPGA pros that play the clubs. Given the cost of the equipment, and their income, I assume they were given the clubs by the company.

They hired her as a spokesperson, not as a player. Walk the aisles of any trade show in the country and you'll see plenty of beautiful women hawking products they don't own. As a a spokespersons I assume she'll be attending events that would conflict with the normal tournament schedule. That's the difference between a spokesperson and a sponsored player.

Don't see what her getting exemptions to tournaments has anything whatsoever to do with her employment as a spokesperson.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I don't think their target market knows, or cares that's she's an internet star. They are clearly not marketing her followers.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that that's one of the reasons they chose her. Because of her internet stardom. Ultimately, I wish her all the luck in the world.

I don't doubt it, but that doesn't mean that they're automatically trying to attract her existing fan base as customers. I see it more as someone with a proven track record. If she can build a loyal following from scratch, imagine what she can do with a good marketing department behind her.

With 1.2 million Instagram followers, she’s right behind Rory and Rickie for tops in golf. She has more followers than Tiger. She’s great for marketing on social media.

How she gained 15 yards with that spinny driver I’ll never know.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I'm happy the kid got a paying gig.....but you can surely bet there are LPGA Pro's that are going to be jealous.

But let's face it - Paige will help PXG sell more clubs than most all of the lower tier LPGA players that are going to be upset about her getting this endorsement deal. She'll attend some fitting events at private clubs, participate in a clinic and attend a few parties and (probably) generally make PXG look good. The old guys (anyone my age or older) will enjoy watching her hit a few balls and probably buy some clubs....and that's the entire name of the game.

One thing about the commercial - At least I know how to pronounce her last name properly.

BTW: I now have more than a dozen friends playing PXG clubs and they all love them....even the putters.

Be curious if your friends really love them. I can't imagine many people would spend upwards of $3k on a set of clubs and then admit they were nothing special. "Hey Bob, how are those PXG's? Awful they stink, I just spent 3 times more than a normal set of clubs and frickin hate them."

I imagine they would do well at high end country clubs where they can be a status symbol.

I'm happy the kid got a paying gig.....but you can surely bet there are LPGA Pro's that are going to be jealous.

But let's face it - Paige will help PXG sell more clubs than most all of the lower tier LPGA players that are going to be upset about her getting this endorsement deal. She'll attend some fitting events at private clubs, participate in a clinic and attend a few parties and (probably) generally make PXG look good. The old guys (anyone my age or older) will enjoy watching her hit a few balls and probably buy some clubs....and that's the entire name of the game.

One thing about the commercial - At least I know how to pronounce her last name properly.

BTW: I now have more than a dozen friends playing PXG clubs and they all love them....even the putters.

Be curious if your friends really love them. I can't imagine many people would spend upwards of $3k on a set of clubs and then admit they were nothing special. "Hey Bob, how are those PXG's? Awful they stink, I just spent 3 times more than a normal set of clubs and frickin hate them."

I imagine they would do well at high end country clubs where they can be a status symbol.

I agree that some people don’t want to admit a three-grand mistake...but the ones I’ve talked with really seem to like the clubs. Maybe some indifference on the woods but the irons are getting high praise. The handicap range is legit scratch (formerly +) upto 8-10 range. Several of these guys bought irons at the first PXG outing and then doubled down at the next and now play PXG all through the bag. The guy generally acknowledged to have the best short game at our club was the first to get a putter and that kicked off a PXG putter frenzy....to be fair - you could give him a beat up blade from a defunct mini-golf course and he’d still make everything.

We also have some guys that can’t break 100 with 10 mulligans who are playing PXG and they love them....still can’t play a lick but their bags look good.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Your car analogy is a False Equivalency. The two industries have nothing in common.

The following is why this topic is controversial. PXG could have given the contract to a hard working tour professional. This could have gotten her more exposure, and help her with her finances. Women's Golf doesn't make nearly what Men's Golf does and every little bit can help.

Instead they chose a Model as a brand rep because of her looks and her much cheaper price tag. Paige already has a bit of a bad rep amongst the Pros because she got three Sponsor's exemptions. These exemptions could have gone to someone else who would have had a better shot of actually making good on their appearance. After Paige did not do well at her 1st exemption, it was rather shocking that she was award two more. And then fair just as badly each time. There is some resentment there. There are people out there who should have gotten those exemption over her for sure.

I personally couldn't care less. She is a beautiful, young woman who knows how to market herself. Good for her.

Unfortunately many of those hard working players aren't recognizable or known. I doubt there are 1.2 million folks that would know Either of the Korda's or Gerina Piller if they walked up to them on the street, however well over 1.2 million folks know who Paige is like it or not. Pro Golf is a business the tourney is there to make money for charity for the community for the purse. Who are people going to come see Jane whoever or Paige. Chances are Paige. That's why tourneys have sponsor exemptions, not to give somebody a chance but to sell tickets. That's why I hate the argument they stole an invite from some unknown. Chances are they did not.

Also just out of curiosity has any player come out and said they resented Paige for getting what she is getting??? I'm not saying it may not be there but if it was that big an issue I'm sure some pro would of thrown out a back hand comment or something.

Here are some of my assumptions. They may be totally off. You decide. I don't know anything for certain. Neither do you. So let's start there. I am presenting my opinion. If you disagree, that's okay.

#1) They are paying Paige much less than it would have cost them to sponsor another Tour Pro. One of the reasons they chose that route for sure.

#2) She has a lot of appeal and knows how to market herself. Clearly. Does that always translate to another market? No. I don't think it does.

#3) The Owner of PXG has said his clubs are a "Lifestyle" Brand. Most people that can afford that kind of thing don't even ask what the price is for the product. *Most* of the people who follow Paige on Instagram and YouTube do not fall into that demographic. In fact most Instagramers are Females between the ages of 25-35. You can look up the numbers if you like.

#4) Other than winning once on the Cactus Tour, I personally do not consider Paige a Professional Golfer. She certainly can play much better than me, but she is not an LPGA Pro. Brand exposure seems to work for the bigger companies by having their Product front and center on the Tour.

#5) Regardless of how much you pay a Spokesperson, the intention of having a Spokesperson is to expand your reach. I don't know what the goals of the company are, but generally you should triple your investment before breaking even. The salary you pay the spokesperson is only a part of the equation. How far does her reach expand to the "Lifestyle" people?

My really honest question is this: Why would anyone get upset with the way a money bank like Parsons spends HIS money? He made it

and can do with it as he wishes. His methods may not be agreeable to all of us,but the bottom line is that it really has absolutely

no affect on us,or the way we play the game or live our lives. So,again...why so revved up over something that is not forcing you change

anything? Just curious.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Parsons wants people that are well known and easily recognized to market his products. PXG isn't a charity, so it's on the LPGA golfers to market themselves as effectively as Paige has marketed herself if they want endorsement deals. We can give them all participation trophies if that makes you feel better.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

The participation trophy comment is funny because isn't that basically Paige's life? All her deals are participation trophies.

My point in the original post was, I see it as many LPGA women and even Symetra tour players have earned whatever club deal they have with their play. Paige has not. In reference to Timberlake and Alice Cooper, I haven't seen a full ad or ad campaign based on them using a companies products.

Who knows maybe some of the ladies are happy they do 't have to do the add but maybe they are upset that they can't get their other sponsors air time. I would be upset if I was them or at least laugh. But I guess that's the difference in the real pro golfers have used their time to become pro's where Paige has used hers to market herself.

The participation trophy comment is funny because isn't that basically Paige's life? All her deals are participation trophies.

My point in the original post was, I see it as many LPGA women and even Symetra tour players have earned whatever club deal they have with their play. Paige has not. In reference to Timberlake and Alice Cooper, I haven't seen a full ad or ad campaign based on them using a companies products.

Who knows maybe some of the ladies are happy they do 't have to do the add but maybe they are upset that they can't get their other sponsors air time. I would be upset if I was them or at least laugh. But I guess that's the difference in the real pro golfers have used their time to become pro's where Paige has used hers to market herself.

Paige is a Brand Ambassador, not a player. She received a contract because of her following on social media and her association with golf, I'm not sure why some of you can't differentiate the two.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Because how many companies use their "brand ambassadors" in add campaigns?

I understand marketing, not as well as my wife, but I understand it. But I didn't start this thread about it, it was more how do the ladies who work their butts off on tour feel about her getting the air time they have earned through hard work.

I was watching some Kia drive time thing and it was Brittany Lang, the question was if you had to play a round with 1 club what would it be. Her response was "it would be one of my PXG clubs". That tells me how conscious the ladies are of plugging their sponsors whenever they get a chance.

So I wonder if Paige as a poster girl is going to convince any male player to buy PXG clubs.

I also wonder if Paige as a poster girl is going to convince any female player to buy PXG clubs.

They are niche clubs for a small market at that price, so I would assume that if a pretty, non-Tour golfer convinces you to buy overpriced niche clubs by appearing in an ad, then you deserve to buy them.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

I'm pretty sure the girl in this ad doesn't golf, drive a delivery van, or have a pilot's license.

Protip: Most models in advertisements are just faking it.

I can't believe anyone thinks this is an issue.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7PA4/ship-sticks-sticks-anywhere

hqdefault.jpg

Did I miss her swinging a club or claiming it gave her 15 more yards?

I'm pretty sure the girl in this ad doesn't golf, drive a delivery van, or have a pilot's license.

hqdefault.jpg

That is the worst commercial ever. Who answers the door like that unless you're in a porn film? Plus her acting is really awful. Yea yea I know it's about the cleavage, just saying tho. It's tacky as hell.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

hqdefault.jpg

That is the worst commercial ever. Who answers the door like that unless you're in a porn film? Plus her acting is really awful. Yea yea I know it's about the cleavage, just saying tho. It's tacky as hell.

And her hair...it’s so bad

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

hqdefault.jpg

And her hair...it’s so bad

Lol

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Because how many companies use their "brand ambassadors" in add campaigns?

I understand marketing, not as well as my wife, but I understand it. But I didn't start this thread about it, it was more how do the ladies who work their butts off on tour feel about her getting the air time they have earned through hard work.

I was watching some Kia drive time thing and it was Brittany Lang, the question was if you had to play a round with 1 club what would it be. Her response was "it would be one of my PXG clubs". That tells me how conscious the ladies are of plugging their sponsors whenever they get a chance.

A lot of companies use brand ambassadors, do you watch television commercials? Do you really think those celebrities that advertise products are experts in the field of product they advertise and that there aren't more qualified people to speak on the product?

The girls in the LPGA have an obligation to market themselves, they are independent contractors. Paige, Blair O'Neal and Gulbis are attractive and do a better job of marketing themselves than many of the girls on the LPGA.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

So many haters on this issue. Embrace the beauty. It beats the heck out of most of the LPGA.

Having an opinion you don't like isn't being a "hater".

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

So many haters on this issue. Embrace the beauty. It beats the heck out of most of the LPGA.

That might be the best comment I’ve ever seen on this site.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

That might be the best comment I’ve ever seen on this site.

That is a high compliment, thank you mr moses

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

PXG already has several LPGA players sponsored. There are also numerous LPGA pros that play the clubs. Given the cost of the equipment, and their income, I assume they were given the clubs by the company.

They hired her as a spokesperson, not as a player. Walk the aisles of any trade show in the country and you'll see plenty of beautiful women hawking products they don't own. As a a spokespersons I assume she'll be attending events that would conflict with the normal tournament schedule. That's the difference between a spokesperson and a sponsored player.

Don't see what her getting exemptions to tournaments has anything whatsoever to do with her employment as a spokesperson.

YOu are spot on with the reasoning for bobby to hire Paige.

My question is. Why aren't women outraged at this ? Why aren't they mad that he's hired a mediocre player to be the spokesperson in place of a real Player ? In other words it says " women can't play anyway and all they will care about is how our gear and clubs look , so let's hire a model to try to attract women customers ". Surely this is the angle. It cannot be to attract male buyers. Unless it's for the " needs cataract surgery " demographic.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock