ecco biom hybrid 3

Just snagged a pair yesterday at the local Ecco store for 30% off. I've had multiple pairs of Ecco Streets in the past and this definitely is the most comfortable out of the box.

Titleist 913D2, 9.5, Phenom 60
Callaway X2 3Deep
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP, 19
Mizuno MP-64, 4-PW, C-Taper S
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2
Titleist Vokey SM, 54, 60

If you have seen my previous posts, I have very sensitive feet, and have been disappointed with a lot of different golf shoes, for one reason or another. The Ecco Biom 3 gortex have been really impressive so far. They are very comfortable, wide enough so my 5th toe doesn't feel cramped, waterproof, and have good support. I bought a half size bigger so I could put my orthotics in them and still be comfortable. The leather is very soft, but it does get water stain marks on the lighter leathers. The black doesn't show these stains, but the cement color does. Cleaning and polishing them does help, and I enjoy doing this at the end of a round anyway, so it isn't a big deal for me. I will have occasional slippage, but to me, that means my balance is off and I am improperly transferring my weight, so I don't blame the shoes for that. I would highly recommend these shoes, as long as you can deal with a little water staining, and occasional slippage.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

If you have seen my previous posts, I have very sensitive feet, and have been disappointed with a lot of different golf shoes, for one reason or another. The Ecco Biom 3 gortex have been really impressive so far. They are very comfortable, wide enough so my 5th toe doesn't feel cramped, waterproof, and have good support. I bought a half size bigger so I could put my orthotics in them and still be comfortable. The leather is very soft, but it does get water stain marks on the lighter leathers. The black doesn't show these stains, but the cement color does. Cleaning and polishing them does help, and I enjoy doing this at the end of a round anyway, so it isn't a big deal for me. I will have occasional slippage, but to me, that means my balance is off and I am improperly transferring my weight, so I don't blame the shoes for that. I would highly recommend these shoes, as long as you can deal with a little water staining, and occasional slippage.

I have the white ones and have no water stains at all. Had them soaked in several downpours and been wet in long grass. Sometimes when they are actually wet they have water marks but when they dry they are gone.

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

I have the white ones and have no water stains at all. Had them soaked in several downpours and been wet in long grass. Sometimes when they are actually wet they have water marks but when they dry they are gone.

Same thing for my white pair.

Same thing for my white pair.

I have minor water stains on the inside arch/smooth leather on the white BOAs through 5 rounds. Each time out was pretty wet conditions, either early morning dew or playing during on/off light showers. It's not very noticeable unless you are literally inches from the shoe, so I'm not worried about it. The comfort is through the roof and the support/grip is mighty impressive for a spikeless.

I own the regular biom 3 in a size 43. If Inwanted to get the Boa’s, should I go a size down? (Some people have mentioned that run larger..)

Thanks

I feel they run pretty much the same. They did not have BOA in store, so I tried the tie version in 43 and they fit well so that's what I ordered in BOA version.

I own the regular biom 3 in a size 43. If Inwanted to get the Boa’s, should I go a size down? (Some people have mentioned that run larger..)

Thanks

same size in both for me.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Thanks guys! Anyone know about sales going on right now?..

best deal (which expires today - 8/20) is shoes.com, along with ebates. 30% off + 12% cash back.

Have a code for that? I see 25% off on their website.

EMLAUGUST30EXT , and, sign up for ebates to get the 12% back. The Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 appear to be excluded from the sale.

best deal (which expires today - 8/20) is shoes.com, along with ebates. 30% off + 12% cash back.

EMLAUGUST30EXT , and, sign up for ebates to get the 12% back

Says that doesn’t apply to the biom hybrid BOA?

Price is still $219

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

EMLAUGUST30EXT , and, sign up for ebates to get the 12% back

Says that doesn’t apply to the biom hybrid BOA?

Price is still $219

These are excluded from promotion

I really wanted to like these because of all the great reviews, but the arch was too high in my forefoot and after trying them on in the store couldn't imagine a round of that (I tried going up and down sized, and always the same issue). Any ideas on how to get around that? Maybe a different insert?

Only shoe I've had this problem with.

After reading all of the comments about how these shoes look after 5-10 rounds and discounting them as my white BOA's still look pretty good after 30 rounds, I got a look a friends Biom 3's the other day and understood a little better what people are complaining about. Played with a friend who had the grey/red colorway on and they looked like there were 3 year old shoes. Leather was wrinkled and filthy and they looked terrible.

I'm pretty conscious about wiping them down and making sure they dry properly after getting wet, and I think that's helped a lot.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

After playing with them all season, my patterned grey/white and grey/black look like new. I only keep shoe trees in one pair - keep forgetting to buy another set of them for the other pair. I am even more happy with these shoes after wearing a new pair of FJ SLs that I received at a member guest - they aren't anywhere near the same class as the Eccos for comfort.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

After playing with them all season, my patterned grey/white and grey/black look like new. I only keep shoe trees in one pair - keep forgetting to buy another set of them for the other pair. I am even more happy with these shoes after wearing a new pair of FJ SLs that I received at a member guest - they aren't anywhere near the same class as the Eccos for comfort.

Definitely agree with you there. The SL's felt like the sole was enormously thick and the toe box felt like plastic to me. I felt like I was wearing heels in those things.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I've played in slop all year and walked about 70 rounds in them so far. I have the black gray and they still look great. I do clean them after each round.

My playing partner and I were both saying this morning, after another 1.75" of rain last night, it's been a great year to find these.....by far the best water proof shoe I've owned.

I'd like to find another style with the same performance. Something a little more athletic looking.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

After reading all of the comments about how these shoes look after 5-10 rounds and discounting them as my white BOA's still look pretty good after 30 rounds, I got a look a friends Biom 3's the other day and understood a little better what people are complaining about. Played with a friend who had the grey/red colorway on and they looked like there were 3 year old shoes. Leather was wrinkled and filthy and they looked terrible.

I'm pretty conscious about wiping them down and making sure they dry properly after getting wet, and I think that's helped a lot.

You have to give these shoes bit more attention. Clean after round,use leather cream, spray with defender repellent, still way worth it.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

You have to give these shoes bit more attention. Clean after round,use leather cream, spray with defender repellent, still way worth it.

I've started to notice fading around the toe on my cement colored eccos so definitely going to be buying the leather cream, but do you just use the ecco refresher spray or what is the defender repellent?

I really wanted to like these because of all the great reviews, but the arch was too high in my forefoot and after trying them on in the store couldn't imagine a round of that (I tried going up and down sized, and always the same issue). Any ideas on how to get around that? Maybe a different insert?

Only shoe I've had this problem with.

I have the same issue with the prior generation. I really like (except for this issue) them, but the high arch creates issues. Sometime worse than others. It also seems to push my weight to the outside of my foot. I’d be interested if anyone has switched the insole and how that changed the feel.

I have used them all season. Best shoes I have ever owned. I have them with the boa lacing and I am finding that the boa tends to lose its strength over time more than the tradition lace but the rest of the shoe is exemplary Bottom line is ecco will replace the shoe for any reason whatever. Their warranty is second to none.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are no longer keeping the water out. I noticed about 3 rounds ago and yesterday I was soaked. No rain during the rounds, just early dew/wet conditions.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400