Jimmy Ballard

No need to be demeaning. We all have our opinions. JB likes Haas backswing, I think thats my point. This is a Ballard blog right? If we want to start changing to Butch Harmon, so beit. But, disrespecting people isnt acceptable.

> @97speedster said:

> > @Ayersjj said:

> > Very Hoganesque imo. The toe hangs nicely loaded . IMO the lower look of the arms is deceiving not narrow. 33 wins into late 50s says alot about a good swing mediocre putter. I think JB likes this because no angles, more of a folding of right arm within triangle. Hip high hes wide not narrow. Wide Is the distance from sternum to butt of club in diff positions. Looks perfect hip high then folds lower like Hogan. If Haas left arm is collapsed yes that is narrow, but his career speaks for itself. JB use to tell me from a wide hip high position “ITS GOT TO FOLD” in a southern draw :)

> > j7lgo72cfx0t.jpeg

> >

> >

> Come on JJ, you should know better than that.... how in the world can you compare a still picture of Hogan when everybody knows how much lag the guy had. At what part of the swing was Hogan in? I guarantee you that this still image was taken after he reached the top of his swing and already had lowered his plane to create lag.

>

> Wide is the distance from the right thumb to the right shoulder.... you can’t bend the right arm too much and have width; width is created through the amount of flexion you allow the right arm to have. The later in the swing the right arm bends, the better.

>

Ballard and Butch have alot of differences. Maybe this should be a Butch Harmon blog not Ballard. I dont think its an internet issue here.

> @97speedster said:

> @Ayersjj how was I disrespecting or demeaning?

>

> I really just think I’m not meant for the internet, it’s kind of like how a text message might not come across like a conversation. I’ll just leave on that note.

> @Ayersjj said:

> If we are going to start using Butch Harmon theories here maybe watch what Butch says about Ballards influence on Sutton. Butch clearly doesnt understand the movement Ballard teaches into the load of the right leg. JB has been misaligned terribly and Butch has no clue either.

>

>

Nice Sutton drive at 15:00, transfer weight to right side and back, shoulders nice and level.

> @Ayersjj said:

>I appreciate your opinion, but it has changed considerably as you have changed teachers to Harmon. Ballard and Butch have alot of differences.

> > @97speedster said:

I don't know where you ever got that from DJ. I think he has been clear that he works with both and my take was that he still maintains mostly JB's philosophies but takes from Butch what works for him (as everyone should do). If there was one swing for everyone that is all you would see from tour players down to kids, and I think we can all agree that is certainly not the case. But that is the problem with posting and texting - people don't read everything and are quick to respond, and you certainly can't convey tone.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

You need to talk to DJ about his new teacher. Regarding Ballard he does believe there is one right swing imo. Maybe thats why players have left him, dunno. Ballard doesnt bend much at all. But, if we are going to influence the board with Butch Harmon Its going to start some debates not soley support of Ballard fundamentals book videos ext.... Im fine with that but lets get it on the table so we all know whats going on for the debates have already begun. Thats fine with me, but like Torbill said we will be debating

> @JDFish said:

> > @Ayersjj said:

> >I appreciate your opinion, but it has changed considerably as you have changed teachers to Harmon. Ballard and Butch have alot of differences.

> > > @97speedster said:

> I don't know where you ever got that from DJ. I think he has been clear that he works with both and my take was that he still maintains mostly JB's philosophies but takes from Butch what works for him (as everyone should do). If there was one swing for everyone that is all you would see from tour players down to kids, and I think we can all agree that is certainly not the case. But that is the problem with posting and texting - people don't read everything and are quick to respond, and you certainly can't convey tone.

>

>

> @DonRSD said:

> > @97speedster said:

> > @mocokid I started this thread to help people, not argue.... my apologies. I shared all I have to offer so I’m going to move on to my @DJMorrisInc YouTube channel and share various videos there.

>

> Don't leave! You're a beacon of hope for us fake golfers who want to be good lol.

> Ignore the troll. Surprised we made it 40 pages before it arrived.

Agree. Really appreciate your insight into the swing, stick around and help us hacks out.

This thread really went to the toilet. One of the only reasons I came to this site was this thread, and now its a dump truck show.

@97speedster if you start another thread, please let me know ASAP. I enjoy your teachings and words of wisdom.....only a fool subjects himself to 1 thing and doesn't think outside the box for better answers (if they are out there).

As for me, I dont care if someone is mixing teaching together. Went to go full JB....go for it, just dont preach that you dont follow it 100% because then you're not "full JB" and need to create another thread. Give me a break.

Why it comes to this, who knows. Keep preaching DJ.......keep preaching!!!

• Like 1

Every is looking for the ah-ha moment. We all feel it in different ways.

Most go to the JB swing because its easy on the back.

If you can get some better accuracy / distance by mixing and matching parts that you like, then go for it.

I own my own telemarketing sales call center. Been in phone sales my entire life. I never got good by reading the script. I learned the product, heard what other sellers are saying around me. Took the parts I liked they said and made my own script.....which I drove to huge success.

Same concept with the golf swing & what @97speedster is saying.

Edited to not be disrespectful

Debating different information is a favorite pastime of America its also capitalism just like ur telemarketing application. I dont think its helpful to an average golfer mesh Ballard and Harmon together IMO. Too many contradictions, thats what will make a great debate. If thats “panties in a bunch” so beit. Im here to gladly wear them for Ballard fundamentals 100%

> @DonRSD said:

> Every is looking for the ah-ha moment. We all feel it in different ways.

> Most go to the JB swing because its easy on the back.

> If you can get some better accuracy / distance by mixing and matching parts that you like, then go for it.

>

> I own my own telemarketing sales call center. Been in phone sales my entire life. I never got good by reading the script. I learned the product, heard what other sellers are saying around me. Took the parts I liked they said and made my own script.....which I drove to huge success.

>

> Same concept with the golf swing & what @97speedster is saying.

>

> Honestly.....stop getting your panties in a bunch. Everyone is here to help each other , not to guide anyone away from "100% JB" method.

@97speedster @torbill

To all here respectfully.

I have contacted DJ. I have my opinions about the Ballard Method vs Butch Harmon. Instead of debating, being DJ started this thread it may be best I step aside. I really dont want to be a thorn, for I am a stubborn Ballard guy since 87’.. Like Torbill mentioned debates are exhausting.

Best golfing to all!

> @Ayersjj said:

> @97speedster @torbill

> To all here respectfully.

>

> I have contacted DJ. I have my opinions about the Ballard Method vs Butch Harmon. Instead of debating, being DJ started this thread it may be best I step aside. I really dont want to be a thorn, for I am a stubborn Ballard guy since 87’.. Like Torbill mentioned debates are exhausting.

>

> Best golfing to all!

>

JJ, in my view nobody owns this thread. These are open forums. I am free to express any idea that I want, consistent with the rules. You have as much right to be here as anybody, more than most if anything, due to your strong interest in the Ballard method and your insightful contributions. If anybody thinks he has more rights than anybody else to post to a thread on GolfWRX I say... please tell me where I can read about it.

I am, like you, commited 100% to the Ballard method. I look here for insights that are consistent with my understanding of the method, to help me with what I’m working on, or should be. For example, I pay a lot of attention to ideas on how to avoid hanging back with a backward tipped spine because it is my dominant fail. And I pay less attention to discussions of width/radius because I know what I think about it and it isn’t something that I choose to work on.

Endless debates are unproductive, yes. But I see no reason for endless debates just because there are different ideas/opinions/interpretations, which there will always be. Speedster has explained that he has worked on some things that differ from Ballard. Discussion of techniques/ideas that differ from Ballard, and what the advantages might be, can be enlightening. It doesn’t have to turn into endless debate.

Everybody who reads and/or participates in good threads like this is going be poorer if contributors drop off.

> @torbill said:

> > @Ayersjj said:

> > @97speedster @torbill

> > To all here respectfully.

> >

> > I have contacted DJ. I have my opinions about the Ballard Method vs Butch Harmon. Instead of debating, being DJ started this thread it may be best I step aside. I really dont want to be a thorn, for I am a stubborn Ballard guy since 87’.. Like Torbill mentioned debates are exhausting.

> >

> > Best golfing to all!

> >

>

>

> JJ, in my view nobody owns this thread. These are open forums. I am free to express any idea that I want, consistent with the rules. You have as much right to be here as anybody, more than most if anything, due to your strong interest in the Ballard method and your insightful contributions. If anybody thinks he has more rights than anybody else to post to a thread on GolfWRX I say... please tell me where I can read about it.

>

> I am, like you, commited 100% to the Ballard method. I look here for insights that are consistent with my understanding of the method, to help me with what I’m working on, or should be. For example, I pay a lot of attention to ideas on how to avoid hanging back with a backward tipped spine because it is my dominant fail. And I pay less attention to discussions of width/radius because I know what I think about it and it isn’t something that I choose to work on.

>

> Endless debates are unproductive, yes. But I see no reason for endless debates just because there are different ideas/opinions/interpretations, which there will always be. Speedster has explained that he has worked on some things that differ from Ballard. Discussion of techniques/ideas that differ from Ballard, and what the advantages might be, can be enlightening. It doesn’t have to turn into endless debate.

>

> Everybody who reads and/or participates in good threads like this is going be poorer if contributors drop off.

>

>

>

I like the JB method myself. Simple to repeat. My issue is repeating it.

Guess I’m still looking for a “feel” that works for me. Firing the right side gets me way ahead of the ball and death.

@torbill how do you initiate the downswing?

A swing thought that works for me is “cover the ball at impact” (with my chest) and I hit the ball farther and more accurate. Don’t know why!!

This “feel” seems to be frowned upon by JB.

> @DonRSD said:

> > @torbill said:

> > > @Ayersjj said:

> > > @97speedster @torbill

> > > To all here respectfully.

> > >

> > > I have contacted DJ. I have my opinions about the Ballard Method vs Butch Harmon. Instead of debating, being DJ started this thread it may be best I step aside. I really dont want to be a thorn, for I am a stubborn Ballard guy since 87’.. Like Torbill mentioned debates are exhausting.

> > >

> > > Best golfing to all!

> > >

> >

> >

> > JJ, in my view nobody owns this thread. These are open forums. I am free to express any idea that I want, consistent with the rules. You have as much right to be here as anybody, more than most if anything, due to your strong interest in the Ballard method and your insightful contributions. If anybody thinks he has more rights than anybody else to post to a thread on GolfWRX I say... please tell me where I can read about it.

> >

> > I am, like you, commited 100% to the Ballard method. I look here for insights that are consistent with my understanding of the method, to help me with what I’m working on, or should be. For example, I pay a lot of attention to ideas on how to avoid hanging back with a backward tipped spine because it is my dominant fail. And I pay less attention to discussions of width/radius because I know what I think about it and it isn’t something that I choose to work on.

> >

> > Endless debates are unproductive, yes. But I see no reason for endless debates just because there are different ideas/opinions/interpretations, which there will always be. Speedster has explained that he has worked on some things that differ from Ballard. Discussion of techniques/ideas that differ from Ballard, and what the advantages might be, can be enlightening. It doesn’t have to turn into endless debate.

> >

> > Everybody who reads and/or participates in good threads like this is going be poorer if contributors drop off.

> >

> >

> >

>

> I like the JB method myself. Simple to repeat. My issue is repeating it.

> Guess I’m still looking for a “feel” that works for me. Firing the right side gets me way ahead of the ball and death.

>

> @torbill how do you initiate the downswing?

>

> A swing thought that works for me is “cover the ball at impact” (with my chest) and I hit the ball farther and more accurate. Don’t know why!!

> This “feel” seems to be frowned upon by JB.

Don, we have to get started from the ground up or we will come over the top. But before we get started down we have to have gotten to the correct position at the top.

The essence of the Ballard swing, to me, is reflected in how I get to the top - correct setup, weight-shift, connection. If I can get these three things right, I have a real good chance of the rest going well.

Just guessing, if you can’t get going from the ground up on the downswing you probably haven’t gotten a proper weight shift going back - “you have to go to the right in order to go to the left” (J. Ballard). This isn’t like falling off a log.

We have to set up carefully. My outside shoulder width is 22”, measured along my back. My spacing between heels is 22”. My left foot (I am left handed) is square or turned in. My spine is vertical, when viewed head-on (yours was tipped away from the target in the picture that I saw, have you worked on this?). My weight is near the heels of my feet, never forward. *All* of these things are of crucial importance to me.

Now the dynamics of the backswing, with the focus on correct weight transfer:

Here is a drill that might help you. Take a look at the video of the Ballard versus Flick debate. Find the spot where Ballard talks about the drill that Johnny Revolta took his students through - non-stop walking a line of golf balls, hitting each without pause with a waist high to waist high swing. It is a duck walk with a golf club, no more no less.

What was this drill all about, anyhow? A number of things, in my view. First, it proves that if you can walk you can do a weight shift swing - anybody who can walk can do a Ballard swing, IMHO. Second, you have to keep your spine in control and be not swaying forward or backward or you will fall out of rhythm. And you have to keep yourself braced or you will fall out of rhythm. And your butt will be under and not stuck out. And your foot spacing will not be narrow. Third, if you just let your lower body cause your upper body to move you will get the feeling of a natural upper body connection. And fourth, you will get the feeling of a complete weight shift.

I was a ball player when young. I could hit a ball a mile. Back then (and maybe now, I pay no attention anymore) it was common for a batter to lift his lead foot off the ground a bit when loading into his back leg, then step into the bucket - load and stride. Ballard is about a baseball swing pointed at the ground. Another drill that can give a good sense of a weight shift is to swing a golf club and lift the lead foot a bit as the top of the backswing nears. I can do this drill all day long on the range and not fall out of balance and hit good shots. I can even do it on the golf course if I am not getting properly shifted. Ballard is a footwork swing, and this sort of drill really helps footwork for me.

I would appreciate it if you would try these two drills. Give it some focus. I work for a lot of hours on setup/footwork/balance. Let me know what is different about what your body is doing with these drills versus what you normally do with your golf swing. We can then go from there.

> @97speedster said:

> For the record, my information comes from my own head with many contributors. I’m a player, not a teacher! All I can do is share 41 years of knowledge most of which I have my own data to prove. I’m not a keyboard jockey, I share my OWN swing A LOT on a pretty good app and I try to illustrate what I do very clearly. Anybody can scroll Google to try and prove or disprove almost anything, pictures don’t tell the whole truth especially if you don’t know at which point in the swing the picture was taken.

>

> I’m not one of those people that has to win or thinks that I know everything, BUT I know a lot about the golf swing, not just one method and one thing I do know is that I know more about my swing than anyone. I went to Las Vegas in March to Harmon’s school to get a lesson because I wasn’t happy with my game, all I worked on was width and releasing my eyes to the target faster. I’ve had a Right Angle 2 since 1994, it’s not like it was new to me, but setting it ONLY on half was reminded to me because it helps keep the right arm straighter longer which in turn increases the shoulder turn (@DonRSD). All I’m doing is running with those 2 pieces of info, neither of which was new to me and working on my game with the info I’ve acquired over 41 years from some of the best teachers and players of all times. I’m not going to argue or have everything attempted to be disproved by a still photo from Google, I got better things to do with my time.

>

> Post your own stills of yourself using a quality app like I do or quality video taken from the right camera angle at waist high from front or down the line and I’ll be happy to discuss anything. The things I’m sharing are battle tested in my own game, not moves that I learned on the internet and I hope work. Sorry for my frustration, but I have a lot of knowledge, conviction and data to prove what I say I’m not just throwing sh#t at the wall hoping some of it sticks.

>

> If I could tell you that I could give you a few things to work on that would increase your driver club head speed 8 mph and get you hitting 25 yards further in 1 month and lower your handicap 2.3 index would you not be all ears? Sorry, but my goal is shoot low scores, not adhere to a method and this is what I experienced the last few months and where my conviction comes from....proof! It’s a heck of a lot harder lowering your handicap that significantly when you’re a scratch already versus a 20.

>

> By the way, I don’t nor would I want to own this thread, it’s a forum. I just don’t have any desire to argue or be a keyboard jockey.

>

> Ballard’s a great teacher, he can help a lot of people, I just never play my best narrow going back because I don’t have time for my arms to unfold fast enough from there and then I get a low right side on the downswing. I solved my problem by getting my width back. We all have our own tendencies.

Outstanding results, Speedster! Anybody who can make serious changes and show these results in such a short time clearly has a total understanding of his swing, as well as great body control. I am envious, to say the least.

I am a very good player, but nowhere near your level. So I have a lot more that I can do with pure Ballard. And I like it that I can find so much information - written and visual - on the Ballard method.

I once made the mistake of trying to pattern what I do with a golf club after a great player. “Golf My Way”. What I learned from that experience is that I cannot physically perform what that great player did, and it was a multi-year cul-de-sac, and it may have been the start of my back problems. Now I am (much) older, and hopefully wiser. I am not about to repeat the experience.

So, if this thread stays mostly with Ballard principles I am happy to read, and to contribute where I feel that I have something to add. If the train goes in a different direction I will be hopping off.

> I like the JB method myself. Simple to repeat. My issue is repeating it.

> Guess I’m still looking for a “feel” that works for me. Firing the right side gets me way ahead of the ball and death.

>

> @torbill how do you initiate the downswing?

>

> A swing thought that works for me is “cover the ball at impact” (with my chest) and I hit the ball farther and more accurate. Don’t know why!!

> This “feel” seems to be frowned upon by JB.

I tend to agree with the above. Everything about the Ballard method makes sense to me, but I feel I'm missing some small element that I need hands on instruction to solve. I too question the downswing. Video shows me I start every downswing with any type golf swing I use with the lower body. I think anybody with any athletic ability will. I guess the question is how much lower body? I don't think about starting the DS with the lower body, it just happens. Should I be forcing the push off the right side? This seems to lead to bad sequencing when I try it.

At impact, should the right arm be over the left or vice versa?

> @97speedster said:

> For the record, my information comes from my own head with many contributors. I’m a player, not a teacher! All I can do is share 41 years of knowledge most of which I have my own data to prove. I’m not a keyboard jockey, I share my OWN swing A LOT on a pretty good app and I try to illustrate what I do very clearly. Anybody can scroll Google to try and prove or disprove almost anything, pictures don’t tell the whole truth especially if you don’t know at which point in the swing the picture was taken.

>

> I’m not one of those people that has to win or thinks that I know everything, BUT I know a lot about the golf swing, not just one method and one thing I do know is that I know more about my swing than anyone. I went to Las Vegas in March to Harmon’s school to get a lesson because I wasn’t happy with my game, all I worked on was width and releasing my eyes to the target faster. I’ve had a Right Angle 2 since 1994, it’s not like it was new to me, but setting it ONLY on half was reminded to me because it helps keep the right arm straighter longer which in turn increases the shoulder turn (@DonRSD). All I’m doing is running with those 2 pieces of info, neither of which was new to me and working on my game with the info I’ve acquired over 41 years from some of the best teachers and players of all times. I’m not going to argue or have everything attempted to be disproved by a still photo from Google, I got better things to do with my time.

>

> Post your own stills of yourself using a quality app like I do or quality video taken from the right camera angle at waist high from front or down the line and I’ll be happy to discuss anything. The things I’m sharing are battle tested in my own game, not moves that I learned on the internet and I hope work. Sorry for my frustration, but I have a lot of knowledge, conviction and data to prove what I say I’m not just throwing sh#t at the wall hoping some of it sticks.

>

> If I could tell you that I could give you a few things to work on that would increase your driver club head speed 8 mph and get you hitting 25 yards further in 1 month and lower your handicap 2.3 index would you not be all ears? Sorry, but my goal is shoot low scores, not adhere to a method and this is what I experienced the last few months and where my conviction comes from....proof! It’s a heck of a lot harder lowering your handicap that significantly when you’re a scratch already versus a 20.

>

> By the way, I don’t nor would I want to own this thread, it’s a forum. I just don’t have any desire to argue or be a keyboard jockey.

>

> Ballard’s a great teacher, he can help a lot of people, I just never play my best narrow going back because I don’t have time for my arms to unfold fast enough from there and then I get a low right side on the downswing. I solved my problem by getting my width back. We all have our own tendencies.

Question - does Ballard actually advocate being narrow on backswing?

Anybody try to do the Ballard swing with more of a left side lead? By this I mean I start back by coiling my left shoulder into my back leg. I think of starting down with my left side, weight shifts left, and I use my left side to power through the ball which gets my right side through nicely. I used to focus on pushing off with the right and thinking all right side. I feel it helps me get a better coil to start back with the left side, also. Does this make any sense and does anyone do it this way?

> @garyt said:

>

> > I like the JB method myself. Simple to repeat. My issue is repeating it.

> > Guess I’m still looking for a “feel” that works for me. Firing the right side gets me way ahead of the ball and death.

> >

> > @torbill how do you initiate the downswing?

> >

> > A swing thought that works for me is “cover the ball at impact” (with my chest) and I hit the ball farther and more accurate. Don’t know why!!

> > This “feel” seems to be frowned upon by JB.

>

> I tend to agree with the above. Everything about the Ballard method makes sense to me, but I feel I'm missing some small element that I need hands on instruction to solve. I too question the downswing. Video shows me I start every downswing with any type golf swing I use with the lower body. I think anybody with any athletic ability will. I guess the question is how much lower body? I don't think about starting the DS with the lower body, it just happens. Should I be forcing the push off the right side? This seems to lead to bad sequencing when I try it.

> At impact, should the right arm be over the left or vice versa?

Downswing happens pretty fast.

My goal from the top is to get to a straight and balanced finish facing the target, ASAP - and crucially, with my lead elbow in the same basic position it was in at address except that it is a couple of inches off my my chest rather than physically connected like it was at address. If this happens I will have had a pretty fair shot.

Getting the backswing right is important for me. Do it wrong and I am dead before I start down. But if I have gotten to the top with a strong weight shift, a high shoulder and a hard coil, the reversal is automatic - an unthinking recoil. Sounds like that's what you're describing, too. As this recoil is happening it is a matter of applying power and swinging fast to a good finish. I get power by shifting my weight back to my lead foot, smoothly but hard and no “bump”. My dominant misfire is to drop my back hip, so that my hips rock rather than uncoil, resulting in a bit of a blocking chicken wing - disconnection. So I have to manage the downswing so that this doesn’t happen. I do this by keeping a high back hip and keeping the lead elbow under control. I sometimes fail...

You ask about forcing a push off the right side. This seems like the Ballard “fire the right side” thing, which is a particular sort of swing thought. Like you, I don’t have any luck with it. I never think about it. But if I get to a good finish I suppose that I had to have done it, no?

I have no comment about arm orientation at impact, one above the other. It is something that I don’t think about. My arms are wherever they are at impact. But my lead elbow had better be under control.

Your comment about athleticism: Some of the people I golf with are pretty average players, at best. So I see a lot of swing problems on the golf course. Mostly these friends don’t seem very athletic, as they play flat footed with arm swings and come over the top and do big pulls and slices and whatnot. But this isn’t the case. I know these people well. Most have played competitive athletics of one sort or another (hockey is a big one in MN, but also tennis, squash, etc.). But they check their athleticism at the door when they pick up a golf club. Reminds me of the supposed Sam Byrd comment about fellow ball player Babe Ruth, obviously one of greatest sluggers ever, who couldn’t hit a golf ball out of his shadow. Ruth supposedly checked his natural athleticism at the door and fell victim to conventional golf instruction of the time.

So much for my experience on your comments...

> @garyt said:

> Anybody try to do the Ballard swing with more of a left side lead? By this I mean I start back by coiling my left shoulder into my back leg. I think of starting down with my left side, weight shifts left, and I use my left side to power through the ball which gets my right side through nicely. I used to focus on pushing off with the right and thinking all right side. I feel it helps me get a better coil to start back with the left side, also. Does this make any sense and does anyone do it this way?

My ballard swing is left shoulder to chin on backswing and left shoulder separating from chin on downswing. My problem has always been firing my right hip and leaving my arms behind, using my left shoulder seems to get my arms moving down.

U get in trouble when u lose the weighted object and micro analysis of certain parts. Knudson used a weighted golf club to throw from load to unload. Ball just gets in way. U enter danger zone when u stop the forces left or right dont matter

> @garyt said:

> Anybody try to do the Ballard swing with more of a left side lead? By this I mean I start back by coiling my left shoulder into my back leg. I think of starting down with my left side, weight shifts left, and I use my left side to power through the ball which gets my right side through nicely. I used to focus on pushing off with the right and thinking all right side. I feel it helps me get a better coil to start back with the left side, also. Does this make any sense and does anyone do it this way?

Knudson use to run thru the ball with his right knee. That is a much better transition move than hip because its a kick or firing and hips tend to slide which is wrong.

59i3vdylzhr8.png

> @spacecraft said:

> > @garyt said:

> > Anybody try to do the Ballard swing with more of a left side lead? By this I mean I start back by coiling my left shoulder into my back leg. I think of starting down with my left side, weight shifts left, and I use my left side to power through the ball which gets my right side through nicely. I used to focus on pushing off with the right and thinking all right side. I feel it helps me get a better coil to start back with the left side, also. Does this make any sense and does anyone do it this way?

>

> My ballard swing is left shoulder to chin on backswing and left shoulder separating from chin on downswing. My problem has always been firing my right hip and leaving my arms behind, using my left shoulder seems to get my arms moving down.

>

>