Alberta Courses

6t4gt0

Also I heard that #2 at Delacour is on a temp green for the foreseeable future. Can anyone confirm?

Yes it is

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Anyone interested in playing on Tuesday? I'm off for one more week and would like to take advantage of the sunshine.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Anyone play Wintergreen lately?

Played men's night out there last Thursday. Surprised how brown the course was so early in the year. Have heard possible water restrictions in the MD could be in place. Additionally, the greens did not weather the winter well. Patchy with loads of winter kill. 15 green had been re- sodded that day so playing to a temp green. Hoping the rain foretasted for the next few days will help improve the conditions.

Titleist TS2 9.5 HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

TaylorMade M2 3 wood
Ping G5 4 Hybrid Grafalloy ProLuanch Blue Stiff
Titleist AP3 ProjectX LZ 6.0
Titleist Volkey SM7: 48,54
Odyssey Works #7

Just heard my new job won't start until Thursday next week. So, I'm looking to get out on the golf course at least once (hopefully twice) between Monday and Wednesday.

Anyone available?

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Delacour is absolutely mint right now. Played this morning. Was off st 717 and it was beautiful

Tri-hot double wide 

Nanton today for the first time this year.

Course is in decent shape. Greens were a bit soft and inconsistent in speed, but rolled true. Fairways were ok, patchy in places, but growing in nicely. Bunkers are terrible, probably the worst I’ve seen anywhere. Just hard dirt, should be marked as ground under repair.

Pace was ok. We teed off at 12:30 and were in the car headed home just before 5pm.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

I played Carnmoney and Sirocco this week on reciprocal tee times due to the AB Open.

I enjoyed the layout at Carnmoney, it is different to what I'm used to. Some patchy fairways but everything else was great.

I had troubles finding the fairway at Sirocco so it was a tough round. Those are some of the trickiest greens I have ever played on.

Played GlenEagles today. It was cart path only due to the weather from the last few days. Greens were crap. I have never seen their greens like that before - sandy, patchy and bumpy.

Back to River Spirit this week. Conditions were great leading up to the AB Open. Hopefully, they keep it that way.

I played Carnmoney and Sirocco this week on reciprocal tee times due to the AB Open.

I enjoyed the layout at Carnmoney, it is different to what I'm used to. Some patchy fairways but everything else was great.

I had troubles finding the fairway at Sirocco so it was a tough round. Those are some of the trickiest greens I have ever played on.

Played GlenEagles today. It was cart path only due to the weather from the last few days. Greens were crap. I have never seen their greens like that before - sandy, patchy and bumpy.

Back to River Spirit this week. Conditions were great leading up to the AB Open. Hopefully, they keep it that way.

Sounds like one heck of a week for you.

I miss Carnmoney. I spent two years test-driving it way back when, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Really? I'd play Cottonwood over Carmoney any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's a terrible layout, with goofy par 5's and way too many blind shots.

You can't cram 18 holes into a quarter section. Carmoney is proof of that.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Anyone Looking for a mint track to try out head out to olds. They have a great course. Greens are awesome out there!

Tri-hot double wide 

Really? I'd play Cottonwood over Carmoney any day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's a terrible layout, with goofy par 5's and way too many blind shots.

You can't cram 18 holes into a quarter section. Carmoney is proof of that.

I suppose different layouts appeal to different folks. Dunno. I was happy being challenged by the layout, especially in the wind. Mind you, this was around 15 years ago, and I haven't played since. I may very well have a different opinion now.

I've been enjoying the Thursday night men's league at River's Edge this summer (when it hasn't rained), so thanks again for the tip! The course is really growing on me.

Last Thursday I had a late tee time, so I took a lesson from Kim and have to say I dig his style. My balance was pretty badly distributed and he got me set up better. He also taught a power grip that already has me hitting lower and further.

I then cashed a rain cheque and played a quick nine--in an hour and fifteen minutes. Had dinner, then my league 9. That one took 3 hours. :swoon:

TaylorMade Burner 2009 9.5*

Ping i20 3W 15*

Ping G30 3H 19*

4-W Ping S55 Modus3 120S

52* Ping Glide

56* Ping Tour Gorge

60* Ping Glide 2 Stealth

Northwestern Tom Weiskopf-303 Anser clone

I've been enjoying the Thursday night men's league at River's Edge this summer (when it hasn't rained), so thanks again for the tip! The course is really growing on me.

Last Thursday I had a late tee time, so I took a lesson from Kim and have to say I dig his style. My balance was pretty badly distributed and he got me set up better. He also taught a power grip that already has me hitting lower and further.

I then cashed a rain cheque and played a quick nine--in an hour and fifteen minutes. Had dinner, then my league 9. That one took 3 hours. :swoon:

Very nice. I've been meaning to get out to River's Edge and D'arcy Ranch at least once this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright everyone just had a buddy out from the west coast a we did a mini central Alberta golf weekend just though I'd report it in here on how everything was.

Thursday early morning round at the Calgary Golf and Country Club. Pure as ever, little to much moisture on the course for my tastes though had a few mud balls out there but they have the money for the water and the membership out there likes it neon green so it can be expected. 5th time I've managed to get out there and I enjoy it every time. You cannot take a shot off out there at any point and the greens are so severe it would be no fun to play if they have them running much over 11.

Friday was a 36 hole day starting at Redwood Meadows. I had never played here before in my 5 years living and playing in Calgary and what a mistake that was. One of my favorite courses I've ever played so many options on every shot perfect conditions and even though it is all closed in by the forest there is so much width you can hit any shot you want because its so wide. I hate paying for golf other than my membership dues but this was a pleasure to pay for and I will be playing multiple times the rest of the year. If it wasn't such a trek to get out to brag creek / the shorter season out that way I would join in an instant.

Second 18 of Friday was Sundre, I try to get out there a few times a year always it was as usual in great shape. Only downside was getting beat up by my buddy who shot a bogey free 65. Sundre is everything you want in a golf facility with nothing extra its a great place.

Saturday morning we played Inglewood where I'm a member. Its in great shape right now and the greens are perfect and the course is really firming up. Its finally made a full recovery from the flood the and the renovations of the 10th and 18th green being complete now has created a huge influx in new members to the point where they're only a few members away from creating a wait list. The course does a great job of getting enough public play out to really subsidize the membership but not having it to jammed up with public play like The Winston (The Elks).

Saturday afternoon was a fun surprise. My friend from college works for Play Golf Calgary so we went out to one of their courses called HeatherGlen a small 27 hole track just east of the city where we could drink beer and ride in carts. It was a very fun place to play and they had it very firm and fast and the greens are very challenging and quick this time of year. Tee boxes are a little hairy and its not in the best shape but the greens where great and its a hilarious place to play match play. **Incoming brag warning** had my first ever albatross on Grove 9 when I holed 7 iron from 182 en route to what i would describe as my favorite golf accomplishment ever and that was breaking 100 for 27 holes. Shot 98 for the whole facility going 32-33-33. Definitely better than playing the pub links (when it was still a thing) the Canadian Am, or the US Mid Am lol.

Sunday was a day of rest we played 18 holes at another PGC facility called Serenity. It was my first time out there as well and it was a fun course has grown in nicely and had a fun mix of holes. Really didn't like the finish 13 and 17 are atrocious golf holes but the rest is quite good. It will be interesting to see what the second 18 out there is like. Its in great shape but I found it kinda hokey with the named 3 holes stretch "Monty's Rut" its so forced and unnecessary I wish places didn't do that.

36 holes at Wolf creek on the Monday was fantastic, that place is begging for a restoration. You can really see the bones of an amazing golf course on the old course. It wasn't playing as fast and as it does later in the year quite yet but it was great. The new course there may have the best 9 holes in Alberta as the back 9 the place was amazing. I have no idea how they found such a sandy site in the middle of central Alberta but it was very cool to be able to play on a surface like that. Probably the truest links-like experience you'll get in Canada anywhere other than Cabot. If you haven't been here and live in Alberta make plans to go its awesome.

Driver: 10.5* Taylormade Stealth GD Tour AD IZ 75x 
3 Iron: Titleist 712u Tour Issue S400
Irons: 4-PW 620 MB Nippon 125x
Wedges: SM9 50.08F 54.10S 58.08M S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Mid Slant

I played the CC Wednesday morning we were like 3rd group out, course was in really good shape but I agree a little too green and soft, it did rain over night and a little in the morning but we got some mud balls, but other than that it was awesome. They also do iron man pins for their mens day on the Wednesday before a major so the pins were tough, not unfair but with those greens and tucked pins it was a grind, greens were perfect speed for them though probably 10.5 you just had to be really precise, guy I played with made 6 birds and shot 66, really impressive. Got a breakfast sandwich at the turn and a guac burger and chocolate shake after the round, tough to have a better day.

Played priddis last week and I think I'm going to go play tomorrow afternoon there, played hawk a couple times this year but haven't seen the new greens on Raven, heard its in good shape though

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Got to play priddis today. I would move out there and join in a heartbeat if I was to win the lotto max. Course is soooo mint! Practice facility is unreal. We played hawk and the greens are the best around. So nice

Tri-hot double wide 

Seen lots of wildlife on the course the other day & played well, too. Sure am enjoying my new Titleist AP2 718's & Ping G400's, a big improvement over G30 & 714's.

Enjoy the pic's

D.

f3EqsQO.jpg

lRvrEi4.jpg

wwQ8Jmr.jpg

iV2GZyG.jpg

oC5ZEDg.jpg

EYSLNyt.jpg

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

Sirocco today. Club championship was last weekend so the conditions were tip top.

Pace was excellent. Tees off just after noon and was in the car on the way home just after 4 pm.

Course was a bit on the wet side, you could tell that they have been pouring the water on, mud balls everywhere. Greens were smooth and super fast. Wasn’t in the sand at all, but several had puddles in them. I really don’t understand why they were putting so much water on because the course was very green. You’d think they would let it dry out at the end of July.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Sirocco today. Club championship was last weekend so the conditions were tip top.

Pace was excellent. Tees off just after noon and was in the car on the way home just after 4 pm.

Course was a bit on the wet side, you could tell that they have been pouring the water on, mud balls everywhere. Greens were smooth and super fast. Wasn’t in the sand at all, but several had puddles in them. I really don’t understand why they were putting so much water on because the course was very green. You’d think they would let it dry out at the end of July.

It has poured the last couple nights in south calgary, hail included

Tri-hot double wide 

It's been about 10 years since I played this track, gave it another try today, still don't like the layout, hard to find a flat lie, difficult to read the greens & slow play didn't make it a fun round, nicely maintained but over priced, too. If you played it you'll know the track.

D.

Birdied this hole from Blue's.

kH6tpEh.jpg

IovDp8u.jpg

mNCLRBH.jpg

If you lived here, nice view .....

pMosihr.jpg

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver Tour Chrome 2.0 65 or Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S or Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S