2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Alberta Courses

6t4gt0

Shameless plug. But Sundre will be opening up on the 18th and we are looking really really good!

TSR 3 9.5° Tour AD XC 6 X
TSR 3 15° Tour AD DI 8 X

T-200 (3) Modus 3 125 X

T-100 (4-PW) Modus 3 125 X
SM9 (50°,55°,60°) Modus 3 125 S
Special Select - Newport 2
Pro V1X

WITB Pics

[quote name='jdubbs' timestamp='1427952310' post='11266747']
I golfed Desert Blume in medicine hat yesterday, It was in pretty good shape for early season...
[/quote]Nice the head pro at blume was my hockey coach for a couple years.

[quote name='Xavier_11' timestamp='1427952466' post='11266765']
Shameless plug. But Sundre will be opening up on the 18th and we are looking really really good!
[/quote] Really enjoy sundre.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='Xavier_11' timestamp='1427952466' post='11266765']
[/quote] I have to get back there this year.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

"TPC Fox Hollow" - could be one of the funnier things I've read on GolfWrx recently. Bravo, my friend. Just a warning though, I'm going to steal it and pretend it's my own creation (joking).

By the way, couldn't agree with you more (re: Glen Eagles); a spot on assessment.

[quote name='isaacbm' timestamp='1427840734' post='11256195']
Played TPC Fox Hollow today. Greens were awesome! Seriously. $40

Glen eagles yesterday and the greens were terrible. And where do they get off charging $99 on march 30 for that goat ranch. I honestly can't believe that place is getting the Telus Can Tour event this year. I mean, it's un-walkable and there is no driving range.
Don't think I'll ever go back. Price should be under $50 for spring golf with lots of winter kill and bad greens.

Heather Glen 3 days ago and the greens were good there too. Brown but smooth and no winter kill. $40
[/quote]

For all of the guys (and gals) in Calgary - where do you play?

I have the good fortune of playing a decent amount of golf through work, so I tend to play all over (public and private alike). When I play outside of work, I'm a big fan of Sirocco (incredible twilight pricing, by the way) and Redwood Meadows.

Curious where others like playing in and around Calgary.

I mostly play in the south. D'Arcy Ranch, Sirocco, River's Edge during the week. Redwood Meadows on the weekends. Don't really play Heritage at all. I play on VIP Golf so don't really venture to courses that aren't a part of that.

I do try to play Delacour as much as I can manage. It's a lot further drive for me, if I lived closer that would be my #1. I do need to get back to Sundre this year.

A friend is a member at Country Hills usually get 4 or 5 rounds there a year.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

I work at Heritage Pointe and a few of my buddies are members there so play there a lot. My roommate is a member at Priddis and my father is working there this year so I'll probably play out there a handful of times. My grandparents and uncle are members at the CC so I usually try to get out there once a month or so.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

TPC Fox hollow Lol I played that course a lot when I lived in Calgary. To be honest the Back 9 is decent, the front 9 I refer to Helmet golf. You tend to get more new golfers out and its a back and forth 9 with low trees separating the holes. Hence a lot of wayward shots coming from all directions. I've got my first tee time tomorrow at riversedge so hopefully the snow will be gone. I've also noticed that the Highwood has a really decent deal this year (even though I hate the way the course is run) but they've gone to a sliding rate this year (not sure if its on weekends or not) but 6pm and later $15, 5-6 20$, 4-5 $25 and so on. I will miss the spitzee 9, even though it was short, it was tight with typical 50's designed greens (think Postage stamps) Can't wait for Men's night to start up, and only 5 weeks of warm up till my annual Montana trip. May the birdies come plentiful feel Albertans !!!!

Winky

That's a pretty sweet trio of courses.

I'm definitely a fan of Heritage and try to get out there a couple of times a year for sure. If it were a bit more affordable, I'd play it a bunch more but it's hard to convince my regular group to play it with any frequency.

I've played every private course in Calgary with the exception of Priddis, but hear nothing but good things about the courses out there. Will definitely make a point of getting out there this summer.

The CC is great, but I'm not a fan of #1 - could be one of the worst starting holes in Calgary (in my opinion). The rest of the course is pretty stellar and the location can't possibly be beat.

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1428380796' post='11300613']
I work at Heritage Pointe and a few of my buddies are members there so play there a lot. My roommate is a member at Priddis and my father is working there this year so I'll probably play out there a handful of times. My grandparents and uncle are members at the CC so I usually try to get out there once a month or so.
[/quote]

I've played Delacour a handful of times, and while I like it, I don't love it as much as many do. From your perspective, what's the draw with Delacour? What am I missing?

[quote name='Double K' timestamp='1428378881' post='11300463']
I mostly play in the south. D'Arcy Ranch, Sirocco, River's Edge during the week. Redwood Meadows on the weekends. Don't really play Heritage at all. I play on VIP Golf so don't really venture to courses that aren't a part of that.

I do try to play Delacour as much as I can manage. It's a lot further drive for me, if I lived closer that would be my #1. I do need to get back to Sundre this year.

[/quote]

[quote name='korpanopoly' timestamp='1428422497' post='11303161']
I've played Delacour a handful of times, and while I like it, I don't love it as much as many do. From your perspective, what's the draw with Delacour? What am I missing?

[quote name='Double K' timestamp='1428378881' post='11300463']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I think its the size and quality of the greens, I will admit that no 2 putts are ever the same on that course. Otherwise I prefer Speargrass for a links style course myself

[quote name='korpanopoly' timestamp='1428422497' post='11303161']
I've played Delacour a handful of times, and while I like it, I don't love it as much as many do. From your perspective, what's the draw with Delacour? What am I missing?[/quote]

I really like the layout. There is a good mix of short and long holes. It's not really a bombers course, some of the par 4's require a lot less than driver (ie #17), especially if you can't work the ball both ways. The green complexes are fantastic and challenging, leave the ball in the wrong spot and you will be pressed to 2-putt. The course is always in excellent shape. The price is right, $72 to walk on the weekends.

Some people complain about the bugs in the spring, but they can be bad at most courses.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

[quote name='korpanopoly' timestamp='1428422355' post='11303139']
That's a pretty sweet trio of courses.

I'm definitely a fan of Heritage and try to get out there a couple of times a year for sure. If it were a bit more affordable, I'd play it a bunch more but it's hard to convince my regular group to play it with any frequency.

I've played every private course in Calgary with the exception of Priddis, but hear nothing but good things about the courses out there. Will definitely make a point of getting out there this summer.

The CC is great, but I'm not a fan of #1 - could be one of the worst starting holes in Calgary (in my opinion). The rest of the course is pretty stellar and the location can't possibly be beat.

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1428380796' post='11300613']
[/quote]
[/quote]Yea I'm pretty lucky with my rota this year. I know Heritage did/is slightly lowering there prices, don't know how much and is running $20 bucks off till like mid may I think.

Priddis is real nice and for whatever reason I always play well there, tees and fws are very very good, greens are good but not the greatest, tricky to read. Love getting out with my buddies for the 36 hole days there, I seem to play Hawk better than raven and think I like it more too.

I agree with #1 at the CC its just hard cause I have no clue what else you could do with it. Love 3, 4 and 5 and I think 18 might be the best hole in the city.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

That's great news about HP. The only reason I stay away is the price. It's just not worth the premium vs the alternatives. It was in fantastic shape last year.

If you ever need a 4th for CC, I'll buy the beer....

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

I hope [url="http://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/wildrose-demands-prentice-divulge-details-of-deal-for-golf-course"]this[/url] doesn't mean that the restoration work at Kananaskis is going to stop.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Went to Blue Devil yesterday. Greens are twice as good as the next best course I've played this spring. But what a shockingly boring course. 13 of the 14 driving holes look almost identical off the tee. One bunker on the right that you can carry and another bunker on the left that is a little farther away. And 8 of the par 4's are the same length.

Nice shape but won't go back there.

[quote name='isaacbm' timestamp='1429028165' post='11356467']
Went to Blue Devil yesterday. Greens are twice as good as the next best course I've played this spring. But what a shockingly boring course. 13 of the 14 driving holes look almost identical off the tee. One bunker on the right that you can carry and another bunker on the left that is a little farther away. And 8 of the par 4's are the same length.

Nice shape but won't go back there.
[/quote]I completely agree, played there once last year, good condition but so damn boring. Gave it another chance this year and the greens were very good for early season but the layout sucks

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[color=#000000]Played the front at River's Edge tonight. Course wintered very well, didn't see much winter kill, but it was just starting to green up. Greens were a bit slow, but were in good shape considering the time of year. Ground is very soft in all the usual places.[/color]

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

I play all the vip courses and a few others. CAnals is one of my favs. Greens are awesome and it's a challenging course.
Playing river spirit tomorrow and elks monday. Haven't been out in a few weeks but opening conditions at elbow and strathmore were really good.

I love playing coyote creek then sundre gc. Kinda hidden gems that are so fun to play.

Watervalley is supposed to open or be open. That's a fun track. Glad to see a nice presence of yyc golfers here

I play all the vip courses and a few others. CAnals is one of my favs. Greens are awesome and it's a challenging course.
Playing river spirit tomorrow and elks monday. Haven't been out in a few weeks but opening conditions at elbow and strathmore were really good.

I love playing coyote creek then sundre gc. Kinda hidden gems that are so fun to play.

Watervalley is supposed to open or be open. That's a fun track. Glad to see a nice presence of yyc golfers here

HP was dead today, played like 33 holes this afternoon. Greens were solid, fairly firm especially on desert, was tough to find ball marks which I like, not that I hit a whole bunch of GIR's.

Edit: I'm exhausted way to early in the year to be playing that many holes apparently.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

HP was dead today, played like 33 holes this afternoon. Greens were solid, fairly firm especially on desert, was tough to find ball marks which I like, not that I hit a whole bunch of GIR's.

Edit: I'm exhausted way to early in the year to be playing that many holes apparently.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62