2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are all the great Summer Resident rates in Orlando

sirparalot

Summers in Orlando have typically been a great opportunity to enjoy a nice resident discount (albeit sweating to death) but this year the deals seem non-existent. Grand Cypress, Disney, Championsgate CC to name a few use to give resident rates under $45 from June 1 to October 1. Am I missing something?? We use to play Grand Cypress every week at a nice price and I haven't played it in over a year now (Orange County National seems to be about the only top course still taking care of residents that support golf year round in the area). Any tips on finding the great resident rates at the better courses.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summers in Orlando have typically been a great opportunity to enjoy a nice resident discount (albeit sweating to death) but this year the deals seem non-existent. Grand Cypress, Disney, Championsgate CC to name a few use to give resident rates under $45 from June 1 to October 1. Am I missing something?? We use to play Grand Cypress every week at a nice price and I haven't played it in over a year now (Orange County National seems to be about the only top course still taking care of residents that support golf year round in the area). Any tips on finding the great resident rates at the better courses.

I agree that Orlando in the summer in the afternoon is great for sub $30 deals, its the Wife and I's favorite time of the year to play due to pricing.

Well my discontent with OCN aside, their rates have been historically sky high for some reason. Last year we were playing for $25 each. Right now, panther is $39 at 1:00 on golfnow.

The last 3 weeks we've been playing the National course at the Omni for $26 each around 1:00 and it's been great, but that's really the only nice course we've found so far with such a good deal.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Check falcons fire, not sure if they still do this but they did a couple years ago. 99 dollars per month all the golf you wanted, I am pretty sure with a cart as well. I think you had to sign up for three months though???

Disney has a good players card, 30 bucks a month discounted rates with cart (I think 25 bucks) and free range balls. At all 3 courses LBV, Mag, and Palm.

OCN is higher because they have to pay for water now. They used to have a 20 year agreement with the city for free reclaimed water (to stimulate development) now that agreement recently expired so they are on the hook for water costs at a 36 hole facility with a monstrous range and par 3 facility. At least that’s what I heard when I was a super in Orlando.

The last 3 weeks we've been playing the National course at the Omni for $26 each around 1:00 and it's been great, but that's really the only nice course we've found so far with such a good deal.

We actually played the National course today. It was in great shape. $39 for a morning time plus the BS fees from golf now :)

Check falcons fire, not sure if they still do this but they did a couple years ago. 99 dollars per month all the golf you wanted, I am pretty sure with a cart as well. I think you had to sign up for three months though???

Disney has a good players card, 30 bucks a month discounted rates with cart (I think 25 bucks) and free range balls. At all 3 courses LBV, Mag, and Palm.

OCN is higher because they have to pay for water now. They used to have a 20 year agreement with the city for free reclaimed water (to stimulate development) now that agreement recently expired so they are on the hook for water costs at a 36 hole facility with a monstrous range and par 3 facility. At least that’s what I heard when I was a super in Orlando.

I had forgotten about the OCN water deal and the expiration recently, that makes sense. They also got some kind of new management six months ago I think. There's less shenanigans and 'just do whatever' attitudes, but still lots of issues. I used to enjoy walking Tooth twice for the one fee, but now there's a starter out there.

We actually played the National course today. It was in great shape. $39 for a morning time plus the BS fees from golf now :)

Nice, it's really fun. it's actually not as long as the international course, even though it has more Par 5's. I like it.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Falcon. Guaranteed 5 hours round. Sometimes it's not worth it.

Havent played FF in years...drops to $35 after 2PM which is somewhat enticing, would rather a ~$30 time around 12:30-1:30.

5 hour rounds though...that's a big nope for me.

Falcon. Guaranteed 5 hours round. Sometimes it's not worth it.

Havent played FF in years...drops to $35 after 2PM which is somewhat enticing, would rather a ~$30 time around 12:30-1:30.

5 hour rounds though...that's a big nope for me.

5 hour rounds in the summer usually don't exist at FF.

My problem is that damn helicopter place is flying helicopters every 5 minutes.

RH

I played 36 at Eagle Creek yesterday 6/21 for $39 plus tax. 18 holes with cart, range balls, lunch and free replay. The deal runs on Wednesdays June - Sept.

I'm trying to ween myself off GolfNow. A lot of courses are running deals like this. All you have to do is call them.

Taylormade 16' M2 9.5º (Tensei 60 Orange R)

Taylormade 17' M1 HL3 17º (Kuro Kage 70 S)

Titleist 910H 21º and 24º (Stock Diamana Kai'li R)

Srixon 745 5-PW (TT DG Lite S300)

Titleist Vokey SM4 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.09S

Titleist SC PP Del Mar 3.5

Royal M Taper 360's

I played 36 at Eagle Creek yesterday 6/21 for $39 plus tax. 18 holes with cart, range balls, lunch and free replay. The deal runs on Wednesdays June - Sept.

I'm trying to ween myself off GolfNow. A lot of courses are running deals like this. All you have to do is call them.

Too much construction noise on Eagle Creek with the new homes being built and that new medical strip mall center in the corner they annexed land from the golf course to make off of the third hole.

I drive by it every day - Eagle Creek used to be much nicer. Played it last year and it was so-so.

• 2 weeks later...

Played Celebration this weekend instead of Omni National course to mix it up - boy was that a mistake. It was cart path only. The course has TERRIBLE drainage. Another storm came through at the turn, we waited it out, played the back 9 in a literal swamp on the fairways. Balls making splashes of water on the fairway like you hit it into a lake, even an hour after the storm passed.

On the plus side - it was only $25 and they just got brand new EZGO carts with the upgraded leather seats so that was nice.

celebration is probably the worst drainage course in the area. Honestly I can't think of another course that drains worst in that area.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Too much construction noise on Eagle Creek with the new homes being built and that new medical strip mall center in the corner they annexed land from the golf course to make off of the third hole.

I drive by it every day - Eagle Creek used to be much nicer. Played it last year and it was so-so.

they ruined that back9 at eagle creek with all those homes! and the lack of variety on par3 was the deal breaker for me.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

So far for sub $40 tee times this summer in Orlando:

Dubsdread - meh

Celebration - no

Omni National - yes

Orange County National - meh

Eagle creek - no

Falcons fire - yes

Disney palm - yes

Disney magnolia - yes

Mystic dunes - no

Orange lake - meh

Celebration was a big disappointment this week. Went to play there with a buddy and found out it was cart path only. My buddy has a damaged hip and is disabled as a result. We asked if they would make an exception for him given his issue and allow him to drive to his ball. They would not accommodate him which was very disappointing. I understand they want to save the the course as it is a swamp but to refuse an accommodation just felt a bit cold. We ended up having to cancel and drove 15 minutes to Championsgate National. So glad we did. Course was dry and in perfect shape!!! Really liking this course. We have played it 3 times in the last 3 weeks and each time found it in great shape and very reasonable for residents who want to play early morning.

Celebration was a big disappointment this week. Went to play there with a buddy and found out it was cart path only. My buddy has a damaged hip and is disabled as a result. We asked if they would make an exception for him given his issue and allow him to drive to his ball. They would not accommodate him which was very disappointing. I understand they want to save the the course as it is a swamp but to refuse an accommodation just felt a bit cold. We ended up having to cancel and drove 15 minutes to Championsgate National. So glad we did. Course was dry and in perfect shape!!! Really liking this course. We have played it 3 times in the last 3 weeks and each time found it in great shape and very reasonable for residents who want to play early morning.

This mirrors my EXACT sentiment I posted above. Omni National is a gem right now, and Celebration is a huge dud.

I played The Legends course at Orange Park or whatever it's called this weekend and it was in pretty good shape, too. I would recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

Played Falcon's Fire this weekend. Naturally, it was cart path only. Slow pace of play + cart path = no fun. Almost 5 hours. Course was swamped, plus since it's CP only none of the divot holes were filled anywhere. The driving range was even closed to everyone teed up without any practice and there were carts stacked up on the first hole at 10AM, lol.

I havent played FF in almost 5 years, and it looks like its kinda gone downhill. For $35 it was an 'ok' deal but I'm probably not going back.

• 4 weeks later...

Played the international course @ Omni Champions gate today. It was pretty bad. The greens are all brand new and divot-free, but the rest of the course is in pretty bad shape IMO. Stick with national!

Played the international course @ Omni Champions gate today. It was pretty bad. The greens are all brand new and divot-free, but the rest of the course is in pretty bad shape IMO. Stick with national!

Wow, disappointed to hear that as I was planning to play it next week. With the course being closed for so long it should be pristine. The couple of hole you see on the drive in look really good. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, disappointed to hear that as I was planning to play it next week. With the course being closed for so long it should be pristine. The couple of hole you see on the drive in look really good. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah my wife and I thought the same thing, because of it being closed! But nope...lots of brown grass around, many of the fairways have standing water and unmowed areas due to being too soggy for the mowers. Lots of sand traps filled with water all over! Had to take a few free drops and even leave balls because we couldnt retrieve them. #8 that you can see from the road is a nightmare...water hazards/drops everywhere and its CP only on that one. Greens were nice, though, lol.

If you're up for a drive, try Harmony Preserve. Can get deals under $30, even on weekends sometimes. Johnny Miller design, 7400y+ from the tips so its as long as you want. Pretty wide open off the tee, usually pretty dry. (I played a day after Irma and it was bone dry there.) Greens are usually speedy and smooth, have had a few crusty days though. But its good for the price. Also can meet up with me and other Melbourne people half way!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter