Bandon Ship Sticks Question

kamizzou91

I am heading to Bandon for the first time at the beginning of November, and am super excited. I have already started planning the logistics of my items and what I plan to pack, and have a question for those who have used Ship Sticks to Bandon before. My flight lands in Eugene around 5 PM, and by the time we get the rental car, likely grab a bite to eat, and then make the drive we probably won't get to Bandon until 9 PM or later. I am planning on packing some of my clothes into my travel bag shipped via Ship Sticks as it'll have plenty of room to add some extras. My question is this - where are the clubs that are ship via Ship Sticks stored at Bandon and will I be able to have access to them when I arrive, even if later than 9 PM? We have an early tee time at Bandon Dunes the next morning, so I want to make sure I am able to get my clubs and the attire I pack on the evening that I arrive. Thanks in advance for any insight/advice.

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19
TaylorMade 2023 P790 4-AW

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
ProV1x

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have almost no doubt that if you contact reservations and let them know whats up, they'll have your bag ready to access upon arrival. If they don't, I'll be very surprised. They're that good. :)

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

That time of year, they may be wrapping up for the day, but as stated above, they'll be open properly early - well in advance of your teetime. Your clothes might be a bit chilly, but you'd have no prob getting ready to go well in advance of your teetime.

I'll assume you've done the math on when the clubs would arrive? Since Shipsticks relies on UPS/Fedex I don't know about them delivering on Sundays

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I am heading to Bandon for the first time at the beginning of November, and am super excited. I have already started planning the logistics of my items and what I plan to pack, and have a question for those who have used Ship Sticks to Bandon before. My flight lands in Eugene around 5 PM, and by the time we get the rental car, likely grab a bite to eat, and then make the drive we probably won't get to Bandon until 9 PM or later. I am planning on packing some of my clothes into my travel bag shipped via Ship Sticks as it'll have plenty of room to add some extras. My question is this - where are the clubs that are ship via Ship Sticks stored at Bandon and will I be able to have access to them when I arrive, even if later than 9 PM? We have an early tee time at Bandon Dunes the next morning, so I want to make sure I am able to get my clubs and the attire I pack on the evening that I arrive. Thanks in advance for any insight/advice.

FYI use coupon code 'CHAMP20' to save 20% on your shipment if you schedule the shipment this week during the PGA Championship

The clubs are stored in large closet like area right around the corner from the guest services office, and right by the main drop off for the shuttles taking golfers to Bandon Dunes. So worst case scenario you've got maybe 200 yards between there and the first tee. I'd call them and see what they say about getting in there late at night, they've got the system pretty much down to a science and are very accommodating so I'd have no worries if I were you. If anything I'd suggest pack the clothing you plan to wear (weather dependent) in your luggage or carry on and worry about the clubs in the morning. Best of luck and have fun, it's awesome. :)

Thanks to everyone for the replies (and coupon code). I will give them a call and let them know the situation. Good to know that the storage location is close to the first tee if I can't get the clubs until the following morning.

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19
TaylorMade 2023 P790 4-AW

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
ProV1x

• 5 months later...

I'm heading to Bandon end of April and arriving there on a Monday. If I wanted to use ShipSticks, would it be ideal to have my clubs delivered to Bandon a couple days ahead of my arrival just in case of any delays in shipping?

Sure. They just store them in the shack there until you show up asking for them. :)

Depending on how you're arriving, it may not be needed (outside of peace of mind). Others might have first hand experience that differs, but unless you are flying into Coos Bay/North Bend, there shouldn't be issues from Seattle to Pdx or Eugene.

Callaway Epic Speed- 8*

Callaway Rogue 5w

Srixon ZX7 3-PW

Titleist SM9- 50*, 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

Depending on how you're arriving, it may not be needed (outside of peace of mind). Others might have first hand experience that differs, but unless you are flying into Coos Bay/North Bend, there shouldn't be issues from Seattle to Pdx or Eugene.

True...I got a promo from ShipSticks for free send and return that I was thinking about using. It will save me some $ on not having to check it on the plane.

I'm heading to Bandon end of April and arriving there on a Monday. If I wanted to use ShipSticks, would it be ideal to have my clubs delivered to Bandon a couple days ahead of my arrival just in case of any delays in shipping?

I have always just sent everything to arrive the day before I do and never had any problems, including when we have had some really rough whether.

I am going in April as well, and some of the promo's out from Shipsticks right now have made it cheaper to send my luggage and clubs direct to Bandon than checking them in on my flights. In the event that you are arriving late, just call the front desk and let them know. They are very helpful and accommodating. When I've stayed in the lodge in the past, they have put my luggage in our rooms when they were notified.

One recommendation. I print out my return shipping label and put packing tape in golf bag. Not a big thing, but I don't have to go to the business center, print the label and attach it outside at the drop off area. Since I always play an early morning round the day I leave, it saves a little time and I am not as rushed to get out of there, especially when trying to make it to Coos bay to catch a flight out.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

What made you guys decide on SS? I priced it and it would be $70 from NJ each way. Is there something I'm missing? It's only $30 on United. Is it just a convenience?

Mostly yes...plus less chance of getting lost. Also, you can find discounts or even 1 way free from time to time. I've done both. OH, Also have sent them because a group of use were renting a car together and it makes it easier...you don't have to spend for a minivan or SUV...just a regular car if 4 of you are going.

What made you guys decide on SS? I priced it and it would be $70 from NJ each way. Is there something I'm missing? It's only $30 on United. Is it just a convenience?

I usually use Ship sticks if I have connecting flights or if I am going somewhere else beforehand. I have an irrational fear of arriving at my destination with my clubs not making the trip.

Part of my penance for my annual trip to Bandon is taking my wife and kids to Vancouver for a few days to visit my in-laws. They stay in Vancouver while I head to Bandon and we all meet at home. So checking my clubs to Vancouver and then to Bandon afterwards, the cost ordinarily would be the same as using SS and I don't have to lug them around. I do like to ship my clubs on the way home. I sometimes have a tight window to make it to the airport if I want to play the day I fly out, i.e. on my the day we depart, I play in the morning and have to head to OTH and don't have a lot of time. If I use ship sticks the clubs, it is very easy to check in for my flight the night before and prep everything to drop at Bandon luggage check, I have no luggage to check. It buys me a little time at the airport, so I am not so rushed.

Lastly, if you create an account with SS, they send a lot of promo codes. This year, I was sent a promo codes for 1/2 off R/T. I shipped all of my luggage and clubs and will be flying with briefcase. Cost was cheaper than checking both bags, especially since I have a stop in Vancouver for a few days.

My brother usually flies directly to Eugene, so he rarely uses SS because it is a direct flight and he doesn't have any savings.

Another thing to consider when deciding to use SS. I have heard of guys not use SS and when they got to Portland, they did not have a car rental that was big enough to handle all 4 guys luggage and clubs. If you are going by yourself, it is not a big deal. But with a group, it is something that you want to make sure you get a vehicle big enough or consider shipping your clubs directly.