2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @FAbb said:

> How long until memes of the blurry black hole image start cropping up on the internet?

![](https://i.ibb.co/vmBDCJS/2y80v9.jpg "")

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

My best guess is that the Grint's 9-hole data is way worse than it's 18-hole data, in terms of slope/rating. It'd throw off their accuracy and open up a whole class of complaints they don't have the time to deal with.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but on the programming side you'd just have to 1) Add two 9-hole differentials together, and 2) Mark in the database that you've used each 9-hole score for a combined 18. That's an hour of work, then maybe a few days time for reviews, testing, deployment. There's probably a ton more work to be done on the front end to make that work though.

> @SullGolf said:

> Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but on the programming side you'd just have to 1) Add two 9-hole differentials together, and 2) Mark in the database that you've used each 9-hole score for a combined 18. That's an hour of work, then maybe a few days time for reviews, testing, deployment. There's probably a ton more work to be done on the front end to make that work though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking from a database perspective. If there's a "COMBINED" field with Y/N values, it makes it pretty easy. If there's a 9 hole score and it hasnt been combined its set to "N" and gets combined with the next 9 hole score that comes in. If a 9 hole score comes in and there's no 9 hole score in your record with an "N" flag to combine it with - the database set that score aside and it is now the "N" record for the next 9 hole score entry.

I guess its probably harder than that in reality? If theres a 9 hole score you enter in the GHIN app that isnt combined with anything - the app really doesnt tell you one way or the other. It just sort of disappears into the ether - only you know its waiting for another score to come in.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

6xwd1ar0c735.jpg

Lesson last night at River Run. Same instructor Steve Menz that I've used in the past. When we start the lesson he asks what my goals are for the lesson, I tell him that I thought tonight we would do the usual working on of my stance and alignment, but that until we really start to tackle my WICKED over the top move where my right arm wraps the club around my neck we're really not going to get anywhere. "Man, I was really hoping you were going to say that." he says and we went right into it.

First thing he did was hang the Tour Striker Ball around my neck, with idea being keeping the ball in between my forearms throughout the backswing. Really got me away from a arm-y push swing away from the ball to a more chest dominated one piece takeaway. That is the left image above, the right image is my swings from earlier in the lesson. With the Tour Striker ball it was WAY more on plane. The Tour Striker ball also limited how far I could take the club away and limited my arm overrun and OTT move.

mr819xa9vfkv.jpg

For an early lesson I'm very encouraged, and we'll continue to keep working at it as he says its going to be so easy to lapse back into my old habits. We'll be tacking my "lunge" at the ball in the future.

Also, for those looking for omens as to who to pick for the Masters, notice that my bald spot EXACTLY matches Young Jordan Spieth.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @SullGolf said:

> > @davechen said:

> > The USGA has the front and back slope ratings for all the courses in their database. The Grint could just query it from the USGA.

>

> You'd think.

>

> But apparently they don't, since they have had all sorts of errors.

Why don't you write a script to pull all the data from the USGA's web page and then email to the Grint? :)

Mark Broadie says that picking 10 golfers should give you a 50-50 chance of picking a winner. I assume that's just this year. In a year where one guy is shorter odds, that's going to be fewer.

I would think if you gave me 20 golfers, I'd have a really good chance of getting the winner. Even if you gave me 15, I probably would have hit about 15 of the last 20 winners. Maybe missing on Willett, Immelman. . .Schwartzel? ZJ?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> Mark Broadie says that picking 10 golfers should give you a 50-50 chance of picking a winner. I assume that's just this year. In a year where one guy is shorter odds, that's going to be fewer.

>

> I would think if you gave me 20 golfers, I'd have a really good chance of getting the winner. Even if you gave me 15, I probably would have hit about 15 of the last 20 winners. Maybe missing on Willett, Immelman. . .Schwartzel? ZJ?

I'd probably be around that 50-50 mark going back 20 years.

Reed, Willet, Schwartzel, Cabrera, Immelman, ZJ, Weir, O Meara, Singh, Olazabal *probably* dont make my Top 15 in those years. In retrospect you might look at a name and say oh I would have had him in my Top 15 but when you look at where they were in their careers at that time, they probably arent - or are right near the line - of being Top 15?

Dont know, I'd say I miss 8-10 of the last 20.

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > Mark Broadie says that picking 10 golfers should give you a 50-50 chance of picking a winner. I assume that's just this year. In a year where one guy is shorter odds, that's going to be fewer.

> >

> > I would think if you gave me 20 golfers, I'd have a really good chance of getting the winner. Even if you gave me 15, I probably would have hit about 15 of the last 20 winners. Maybe missing on Willett, Immelman. . .Schwartzel? ZJ?

>

> I'd probably be around that 50-50 mark going back 20 years.

>

> Reed, Willet, Schwartzel, Cabrera, Immelman, ZJ, Weir, O Meara, Singh, Olazabal *probably* dont make my Top 15 in those years. In retrospect you might look at a name and say oh I would have had him in my Top 15 but when you look at where they were in their careers at that time, they probably arent - or are right near the line - of being Top 15?

>

> Dont know, I'd say I miss 8-10 of the last 20.

Yeah, that's the thing. . .I can't remember if maybe i'd have been on Reed a year ago? Even Sergio? I sort of remember the year ZJ won, everyone though the wet conditions would favor the bombers and then everyone was like, "of course the wet conditions didn't favor the bombers. It equalized the field." Hard to remember what I was thinking yesterday, much less 15 years ago.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @SullGolf said:

> It's official. I'm starting project **** next week. Going to be working in a windowless office where I can't **** around on the internet or leave early to play golf. I'll have to actually work during work hours. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself.

You need to make yourself another baby so you can take more paternity leave.

> @davechen said:

> > @SullGolf said:

> > It's official. I'm starting project **** next week. Going to be working in a windowless office where I can't **** around on the internet or leave early to play golf. I'll have to actually work during work hours. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself.

>

> You need to make yourself another baby so you can take more paternity leave.

Haha. I got another baby coming in July. Having another girl.

• Like 1

> @gsrjc said:

> > @davechen said:

> > > @SullGolf said:

> > > It's official. I'm starting project **** next week. Going to be working in a windowless office where I can't **** around on the internet or leave early to play golf. I'll have to actually work during work hours. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself.

> >

> > You need to make yourself another baby so you can take more paternity leave.

> Haha. I got another baby coming in July. Having another girl.

>

Mazel tov!

I interviewed with a company last fall that gave people unlimited PTO. So long as you billed your contract hours every quarter - it was 1860 hours a year - you could take as much time off as you wanted. If you're someone that works 9 or 10 hour days occasionally, you could end up taking a ton of time off.

Anyone heard from Ceej, I hope he's OK. 80* and sunny yesterday, I hope he made it out alright.

The fresh air and sunshine, man thats a tough combo right there.

That sounds fantastic, as long as the culture allowed it. For sick days, we moved from limited to unlimited back to limited. I took less sick days in the 5ish years of unlimited than I take in a normal year now. With unlimited vacation, I’m worried I’d do the same thing. When there’s a tangible balance, it’s easier to point to and use.

> @SullGolf said:

> That sounds fantastic, as long as the culture allowed it. For sick days, we moved from limited to unlimited back to limited. I took less sick days in the 5ish years of unlimited than I take in a normal year now. With unlimited vacation, I’m worried I’d do the same thing. When there’s a tangible balance, it’s easier to point to and use.

Yeah I got told by one of the guys that had been there a while that people who took a ton of PTO before basically took the same amount now and the guys who love not taking PTO still didnt take it.

What I never found out was how personal accrual worked or if you got any PTO if you left. So say you had three weeks saved up and you quit - normally you'd get paid that out. But in this system it seems like you wouldnt get anything since you never have a "balance" of hours.

Made it out of Denver yesterday on one of the last flights out before the blizzard hit. We were able to change our flight to 1:45 and everything after 2 was being cancelled. We ate dinner in Ft. Collins on Tues night outside, in short sleeve shirts, and then the next day race a blizzard to get out. They are expecting up to a foot of snow and winds 50-60 mph through midday today. We probably would have been stuck until tomorrow if we hadn't gotten out

> @SullGolf said:

> I’m looking at other companies and there is one with even more leave. Four months.

New Sully Golf Improvement Plan Schedule:

Work 9 Months

Baby Arrives

Golf 4 Months

Work 5 Months

Baby Arrives

Golf 4 Months

Work 5 Months

Baby Arrives

Golf 4 Months

Rinse and Repeat until Sully makes PGA Tour or Wife files for divorce. May have to change religions to pull this off.

• Like 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @SullGolf said:

> It's official. I'm starting project **** next week. Going to be working in a windowless office where I can't **** around on the internet or leave early to play golf. I'll have to actually work during work hours. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself.

Welcome to the darkside. Iiterally. It took me 35 years to have a desk with a window. All windows at our old facility were bricked over

> @gregh729 said:

> > @SullGolf said:

> > It's official. I'm starting project **** next week. Going to be working in a windowless office where I can't **** around on the internet or leave early to play golf. I'll have to actually work during work hours. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself.

>

> Welcome to the darkside. Iiterally. It took me 35 years to have a desk with a window. All windows at our old facility were bricked over

I don't know why our company is so "generous" with office space, but my very first office was a double with a window.

The next move at our company is an interior single, then a single with a window. I think we do that instead of getting new titles.

I was eligible for an interior single years ago, but I have decided to remain near a window. New hires these days -- of which there are a lot -- start in an interior double.

At my company, you can work 26 hours per week and still accrue vacay, sick, and get health insurance. I feel like I'm about 3 years away from doing that. How does working 6:30-1:30 Monday-Thursday sound? I can make my monthly nut doing that, easy. Just won't put as much in the market.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

My company still treats PTO as separate buckets, but the sick time is much less generous. You start each year with 5 days and can always carry a rolling 10-day balance.

In my current job, the 40-hr flex works nice when I feel like taking advantage of it, but my amount of actual vacation is silly. I think I have like 5 weeks to take this year and I didn't carry over from 2018. I need to start taking some time off soon.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX