Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @Kent01putt said:

> I will keep all of these club house comments in mind as we rebuild the SPCC in two years. lol

>

Dad— I have missed you.

Just make sure to have a separate bar for golfers that want to smoke and drink without offending others

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
protos F4

If I was building a clubhouse, I'd spend as much of the budget as possible on the bar and grille.

It's remarkable we haven't seen the need for some donk running POS software beginning to be phased out by now. Let me pay and check in via an app, or a kiosk. The entire flow of the operation, making sure people are checked in, getting off the tee, etc should be shifted to a legitimate starter. Instead you've got a guy who's entire job is to run POS software, and he's usually got a line backed up of people wanting to check in. Then there's a starter who's mostly a clueless, receipt puncher. They might radio back and forth about things if they're feeling frisky. It's obnoxious, and should be obsoleted.

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > @Kent01putt said:

> > I will keep all of these club house comments in mind as we rebuild the SPCC in two years. lol

> >

> Dad— I have missed you.

>

> Just make sure to have a separate bar for golfers that want to smoke and drink without offending others

>

Have a separate bar for people who are offended by people smoking and drinking.

You can call it the Methodist Church and it should be off-site.

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Speaking of clubhouses, our annual survey just came out. One of the questions was if we would support tearing down the clubhouse and building a new one with bigger locker rooms. I am guessing they will get 99% "No" answers to that. The interior was literally just done....six years ago. What is wrong with people? Yet it can still take 45 minutes to get a burger made in the grill so at least they are prioritizing things. GTFO.

(lighting money on fire . gif)

Looking forward to my Burke Lake membership already...

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > @Kent01putt said:

> > > I will keep all of these club house comments in mind as we rebuild the SPCC in two years. lol

> > >

> > Dad— I have missed you.

> >

> > Just make sure to have a separate bar for golfers that want to smoke and drink without offending others

> >

> Have a separate bar for people who are offended by people smoking and drinking.

>

> You can call it the Methodist Church and it should be off-site.

>

Bring it up because our bar is the main dining room as well.

Would be nice to have a separate “gathering area”

protos F4

Country Club of MD has a nice classic look, big patio overlooking the back nine and a standalone pro shop. I really like the layout at Woodlands/Diamond Ridge and Pine Ridge too. Most others are just...eh. SPCC's patio would be great if the staff was actually trained, the pizza oven was out there full time, and members actually showed up to use it.

Top tier in my mind would be Bulle Rock locally, and god tier is Pikewood. The clubhouse has one front entrance and it's to the pro shop/snackbar. The rest of the building is all locker room and patio, which sits flush against all the practice areas.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

> @FAbb said:

> If I was building a clubhouse, I'd spend as much of the budget as possible on the bar and grille.

>

> It's remarkable we haven't seen the need for some donk running POS software beginning to be phased out by now. Let me pay and check in via an app, or a kiosk. The entire flow of the operation, making sure people are checked in, getting off the tee, etc should be shifted to a legitimate starter. Instead you've got a guy who's entire job is to run POS software, and he's usually got a line backed up of people wanting to check in. Then there's a starter who's mostly a clueless, receipt puncher. They might radio back and forth about things if they're feeling frisky. It's obnoxious, and should be obsoleted.

Worthington is there on the starter issue. Once you check in and pay, it updates the starter's list on their phone/ipad. The starters job then becomes getting people moving on time, not cross-referencing paper documentation.

> @SullGolf said:

> > @FAbb said:

> > If I was building a clubhouse, I'd spend as much of the budget as possible on the bar and grille.

> >

> > It's remarkable we haven't seen the need for some donk running POS software beginning to be phased out by now. Let me pay and check in via an app, or a kiosk. The entire flow of the operation, making sure people are checked in, getting off the tee, etc should be shifted to a legitimate starter. Instead you've got a guy who's entire job is to run POS software, and he's usually got a line backed up of people wanting to check in. Then there's a starter who's mostly a clueless, receipt puncher. They might radio back and forth about things if they're feeling frisky. It's obnoxious, and should be obsoleted.

>

> Worthington is there on the starter issue. Once you check in and pay, it updates the starter's list on their phone/ipad. The starters job then becomes getting people moving on time, not cross-referencing paper documentation.

Yep. And they run that place very well.

But I don't even want to bother going in the clubhouse. Why can't I pay through an app, or a website? It's the guy outside getting play started properly that you need, not Captain Dingus fumbling through the POS software in the shop.

It drives me insane when a golf course has somebody that can't even handle the slightest hiccup in their POS software.

At Twin Lakes I paid inside with a guy who was...a little slow figuring things out. Go outside, there's a starter shack five feet from the clubhouse. OK check your ticket. Then 100 yards away at the first tee, theres another starter shack where he checks a different ticket.

The worst to me is the "take your ticket and punch a hole with a pencil".

> @baddomes said:

> Worthington is as good at running a public golf course as I've seen anywhere.

100%.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @TheCityGame said:

> I like this. ..

>

> ![](https://1hcbla2oeqeuy0zru6jbpl19-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2005/06/blessings-golf-clubhouse-computer4.jpg "")

>

Well it's beautiful and horrible at the same time. You can make things look time appropriate while still looking like what they are. That furniture should never be in any clubhouse ever. it's not clubhouse furniture. It's office furniture. Office furniture in a clubhouse is horrible. This same flaw happens all the time in church design.

When I shared that, I was mostly focused on the landscaping. It fits with that building. I like stone/gravel/statuary. I had a party Monday and people sat on stones in my backyard. I love that.

The chairs are cool. They're definitely appropriate for some dining environments. They seem appropriate for THAT dining environment. We're used to deeper, more substantial, wood and leather chairs because MEN. And, there's something to that.

Those chairs aren't the kind of chairs that make me want to order another beer, lean back, and talk about how my ball flight looks like Nicki Minaj's rear end.

I actually wonder if there's another dining room there that is closer to the bar and not so rigid.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

FABB that's the furniture in every lawyer's office in DC. it's office furniture.

you can find non-office chairs that still work in that environment. it doesn't have to be massive brown stereotypical leather chairs

as an aside: i find it so funny, and yet appropriate, that in the members grill at turf there are 5 tvs and one art type thing that is on the walls. if that space wasn't for a bunch of 55 year old men that ratio would be quite different. even my boring self has 6 "things" hanging on the walls of my office.

• Like 1

> @TheCityGame said:

> Those chairs aren't the kind of chairs that make me want to order another beer, lean back, and talk about how my ball flight looks like Nicki Minaj's rear end.

>

> I actually wonder if there's another dining room there that is closer to the bar and not so rigid.

Exactly. Those windows say "stay for a few beers and watch the sun go down". The chairs say "you're late for your ten AM staff meeting, get up and out of your chair".

FWIW our office has those exact same chairs in our smaller conference rooms.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @dcmidnight said:

> At Twin Lakes I paid inside with a guy who was...a little slow figuring things out. Go outside, there's a starter shack five feet from the clubhouse. OK check your ticket. Then 100 yards away at the first tee, theres another starter shack where he checks a different ticket.

>

> The worst to me is the "take your ticket and punch a hole with a pencil".

>

> > @baddomes said:

> > Worthington is as good at running a public golf course as I've seen anywhere.

>

> 100%.

>

Let's just say as far as cashiers go, that guy didn't get a full scholarship.

Also, the double check in and poke a hole in the slip never made sense to me either. I just drove straight to the 1st tee and checked in with Starter #2 anyway.

• Like 1

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

IIRC the UMD clubhouse had decent seating out over the 18th, good beer on tap and wings too. The rest of the club house was so-so though.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

> @2moreTerps said:

> the world long drive championship is on golf channel tonight. i have ZERO interest. does anyone enjoy it?

As a gear head... yes.

The Women long drivers impress the crap out of me. Their numbers are insane.

The guys are out of this world as well but those are untrainable goals for most.

protos F4

> @2moreTerps said:

> the world long drive championship is on golf channel tonight. i have ZERO interest. does anyone enjoy it?

Less than zero. Its the perfect sport to catch clips of on Twitter, I can see all the swings I want in a 45 second clip and not have to watch two hours of people hitting foul balls 80 yards off the grid.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > @2moreTerps said:

> > the world long drive championship is on golf channel tonight. i have ZERO interest. does anyone enjoy it?

>

> As a gear head... yes.

>

> The Women long drivers impress the crap out of me. Their numbers are insane.

>

> The guys are out of this world as well but those are untrainable goals for most.

The one that won last month went to college with me, she's a beast

> @Sterling_247 said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > @2moreTerps said:

> > > the world long drive championship is on golf channel tonight. i have ZERO interest. does anyone enjoy it?

> >

> > As a gear head... yes.

> >

> > The Women long drivers impress the crap out of me. Their numbers are insane.

> >

> > The guys are out of this world as well but those are untrainable goals for most.

>

> The one that won last month went to college with me, she's a beast

Or a goddess..

protos F4

> @FAbb said:

> > @aiyyer said:

> > Typically, club house exterior and aesthetics have been strongly tied to the identity of the course

>

> Tobacco Road nails this. I don't know that I've ever been to a place with a more cohesive aesthetic than Tobacco Road. The course, the clubhouse, the tee markers, the scorecard, and so on. It all just presents a cohesive image of the place.

>

> Wow and thanks for all the comments and wish I could catch up. Did not mean to piss anybody off with the "porchy" comment but it did elicit some real and valid responses that a stupid focus group could not provide. For some context, the typcial residential community course has to relate mainly to single famuly houses and the project we are looking at may be a new paradigm - five to seven story modern condo golf course community with an aesthetic that has to match. i am not kidding but we are seriously leaning towards an amphitheater clubhouse concept to mimic the Waste Management 16th vibe.

Regarding Whiskey, totally agree it is disneyesque and hokey but with a porch and a great Whiskey burger. Whiskey also suffers because of Worthington - better course and much better staff and experience. Sorry but feel the same about Potomac Shores. Is there a view of the Potomac on that course and that stupid tree in the middle of the fairway and the Whiskey barn are close cousins.

Also agree that Tobacco Road feels totally authentic and cohesive and marries the Tobacco identity to the Clubhouse. Without sounding hokey and having a Coming to America moment, you can imagine a Kill a Mockingbird scene on that porch. I took my son to visit the clubhouse and putting green and listening to ZZ Top in the wooded parking lot seemed appropriate and also complemented the Stranz course architecture.

The weird thing is that I actually worked on a lot of golf course communities and clubhouses both locally and on the eastern shore when i did not play golf - Glen Riddle, Bayside, Belmont Bay, Trumsp's Briarcliff Manor etc. They all had cupolas and porches up the wazoo and I wish we had put a little more thought into the functionality of a clubhouse from a golfer perspective. Ask Fong, a lot of architects have designed golf simulator rooms with 9'-0 ceilings in the newer apartments.

Domes is a HEATHEN - do think clubuhouses matter as part of the course experience. Pretty sure , he would pretend to be happy with a port a pottty and a credit card slot to pay your course fee. When i visted Pinehurst, I played Mid Pines but balked at paying the premium at Dormie with its trailer clubhouse - market reality!! You guys do have to agree that coming up or down the18th at a Mid Pines or at Congressional is pretty special. Agree with City regarding Mid Pines as everything about it is perfect including the unique urinals whereas Pine Needle is very underwhelming.

At my level, Needwood could be really nice if remodelled as it has a nice relationship to the 18th, 9th and the putting green. Lakewood is a little overblown but has a great porch/patio and similar to Belle Haven. The Woodmore patio and view is great. My friend used to pee into the fake waterfall at PB Dye. He may also be responsible for the do not pee sign on the 11th hole at Worthington. Worthington has to address the 17th tee box though as it is a disgrace for that course and is probably in the worst shape it's ever been. Would you also go outside or use the porta potty contraption on that par 3 water hole??

Ftr , I'm totally enjoying the long drive. Reading and watching. I love the swings.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green