MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @gsrjc said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > Ftr , I'm totally enjoying the long drive. Reading and watching. I love the swings.

>

> Didn’t know Berkshire was from Crofton MD. He’s got an awesome swing and been playing golf since he was 3. Just started long drive 30 months ago. Crazy.

Dad owns crofton country club.

His swing now is 100% times better than when he first started. Such a more stable and consistent one now.

Go check out some old videos. Still fast as heck but wild

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > @gsrjc said:

> > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > Ftr , I'm totally enjoying the long drive. Reading and watching. I love the swings.

> >

> > Didn’t know Berkshire was from Crofton MD. He’s got an awesome swing and been playing golf since he was 3. Just started long drive 30 months ago. Crazy.

>

> Dad owns crofton country club.

>

> His swing now is 100% times better than when he first started. Such a more stable and consistent one now.

>

> Go check out some old videos. Still fast as heck but wild

>

Oh cool.

You guys know how I get about equipment, but I'll say this. . . I play with 2 guys (2MoreTerps being one) who have recently put an Epic Flash in the bag and they are both hitting the ball LONG with it.

Like, compared to me, who has stayed the same (or gotten a little longer) with my Ping. I still have golf pool winnings to blow. Might be looking into this club, but if I do, it's going to be a club I've hit. Maybe a used one at 2nd swing.

Question for tex : if someone saw you on the range, and hit a head/shaft combo there that they liked, is it possible to buy that EXACT SAME head/shaft? I mean the one right there that I hit on the range. . .not the same head/shaft that comes in the mail a week later, but THAT ONE exactly?

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> You guys know how I get about equipment, but I'll say this. . . I play with 2 guys (2MoreTerps being one) who have recently put an Epic Flash in the bag and they are both hitting the ball LONG with it.

>

> Like, compared to me, who has stayed the same (or gotten a little longer) with my Ping. I still have golf pool winnings to blow. Might be looking into this club, but if I do, it's going to be a club I've hit. Maybe a used one at 2nd swing.

>

> Question for tex : if someone saw you on the range, and hit a head/shaft combo there that they liked, is it possible to buy that EXACT SAME head/shaft? I mean the one right there that I hit on the range. . .not the same head/shaft that comes in the mail a week later, but THAT ONE exactly?

tex will undoubtedly correct me if i'm wrong, but your best chance is at the end of the season.

sidenote: i signed up for the hive CC. gross division. looking forward to competing* and hanging afterwards.

*posting while playing, taking pics, general amusement

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

City I saw a guy do this at a Titleist fitting early this year. Hit a hybrid that he liked, bought it right out of the guys demo bag. I dont know what kind of deal he cut but his point was - I think - what yours probably is at least in part. Tolerances being what they are with heads and shafts, if you find one you like - why take the chance if you can buy that one right there? Sort of the reason I love places like Second Swing.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

2(?) years back, I visited the Titleist shack when they were set up on the range. I found a head/shaft combo that I was pounding. Eventually found the same head/shaft combo online, and couldn't hit that driver a bit. Wrote down the settings, the loft, etc etc.

That's where this is coming from. It's also why I'm thinking 2nd swing might not be a bad option. IF there's a driver out there that is better than mine, there's a good chance of finding it in there.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

IF there was one thing to pick at, it's that maybe you lose some potential yardage from traj being too high at times. It's right on the razor's edge, though. Like I think when you hit a fade, it comes out a bit higher than ideal, if you were looking to maximize distance. When you hit a draw, it comes out a bit lower, and really seems to boost your distance.

I think even when you had the Titleist fitting, they put you into a 9.5 degree head, right? So maybe you've got some potential to gain by taking loft down. It' has to be something you can move around the course the way you do with the current driver as well though. IIRC, the Titleist ended up being wild. I tried to hit a 9 degree G400 back when they came out, and I hit some bombs with it, but man that one degree made a big difference in terms of my control.

> @"mizuno player" said:

> > @Kent01putt said:

> > I will keep all of these club house comments in mind as we rebuild the SPCC in two years. lol

> >

>

> Played there probably half a dozen times or so. Never been in the clubhouse!!! Not sure why.

> Love the the course.

BTW, I drove to New Market looking for the Popeyes sandwich on Sunday - nothing there..

> @TheCityGame said:

> You guys know how I get about equipment, but I'll say this. . . I play with 2 guys (2MoreTerps being one) who have recently put an Epic Flash in the bag and they are both hitting the ball LONG with it.

>

> Like, compared to me, who has stayed the same (or gotten a little longer) with my Ping. I still have golf pool winnings to blow. Might be looking into this club, but if I do, it's going to be a club I've hit. Maybe a used one at 2nd swing.

>

> Question for tex : if someone saw you on the range, and hit a head/shaft combo there that they liked, is it possible to buy that EXACT SAME head/shaft? I mean the one right there that I hit on the range. . .not the same head/shaft that comes in the mail a week later, but THAT ONE exactly?

Yes I would sell you the demo but you won’t get any extra off unless your pro gives it too you

protos F4

> @Sterling_247 said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > Yes I would sell you the demo but you won’t get any extra off unless your pro gives it too you

> >

>

> There's **ZERO** discount on a demo club?

Not from us..

Hit up Callaway preowned if you want Demo clubs for a discount

We represent the account so if they want to give you more off than normal.. it’s their call

protos F4

> > @Sterling_247 said:

> > > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > Yes I would sell you the demo but you won’t get any extra off unless your pro gives it too you

> > >

> >

> > There's **ZERO** discount on a demo club?

>

> Not from us..

>

> Hit up Callaway preowned if you want Demo clubs for a discount

>

> We represent the account so if they want to give you more off than normal.. it’s their call

Yeah, I get it. If you get a demo through some website, it's off, but you can't just have guys snatching up all your demo clubs at the range for discounts.

Are you coming to Turf or are you saying we have demo models there?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > > @Sterling_247 said:

> > > > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > > Yes I would sell you the demo but you won’t get any extra off unless your pro gives it too you

> > > >

> > >

> > > There's **ZERO** discount on a demo club?

> >

> > Not from us..

> >

> > Hit up Callaway preowned if you want Demo clubs for a discount

> >

> > We represent the account so if they want to give you more off than normal.. it’s their call

>

> Yeah, I get it. If you get a demo through some website, it's off, but you can't just have guys snatching up all your demo clubs at the range for discounts.

>

> Are you coming to Turf or are you saying we have demo models there?

Chucky won’t bring us in for a demo.

Ask him and see. Not sure if y’all have any Callaways since he is a cobra guy on

protos F4

> @TheCityGame said:

> > > @Sterling_247 said:

> > > > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > > Yes I would sell you the demo but you won’t get any extra off unless your pro gives it too you

> > > >

> > >

> > > There's **ZERO** discount on a demo club?

> >

> > Not from us..

> >

> > Hit up Callaway preowned if you want Demo clubs for a discount

> >

> > We represent the account so if they want to give you more off than normal.. it’s their call

>

> Yeah, I get it. If you get a demo through some website, it's off, but you can't just have guys snatching up all your demo clubs at the range for discounts.

>

> Are you coming to Turf or are you saying we have demo models there?

Chucky won’t bring us in for a demo.

Ask him and see. Not sure if y’all have any Callaways since he is a cobra guy on > @FAbb said:

> IF there was one thing to pick at, it's that maybe you lose some potential yardage from traj being too high at times. It's right on the razor's edge, though. Like I think when you hit a fade, it comes out a bit higher than ideal, if you were looking to maximize distance. When you hit a draw, it comes out a bit lower, and really seems to boost your distance.

>

> I think even when you had the Titleist fitting, they put you into a 9.5 degree head, right? So maybe you've got some potential to gain by taking loft down. It' has to be something you can move around the course the way you do with the current driver as well though. IIRC, the Titleist ended up being wild. I tried to hit a 9 degree G400 back when they came out, and I hit some bombs with it, but man that one degree made a big difference in terms of my control.

So mine set too 7 degrees is bad? ?

protos F4

> So mine set too 7 degrees is bad? ?

What's your fairway percentage? Are you really at 7? What's your AoA?

I've always thought I could go lower loft because I hit up on it pretty good, but whenever I try, I don't like the look and I don't like the results.

I have my 10.5 dialed down, but I don't really want to go lower.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > So mine set too 7 degrees is bad? ?

> What's your fairway percentage? Are you really at 7? What's your AoA?

>

> I've always thought I could go lower loft because I hit up on it pretty good, but whenever I try, I don't like the look and I don't like the results.

>

> I have my 10.5 dialed down, but I don't really want to go lower.

>

Whatever the grint shows.

Aoa is 1-4 my launch is 12-13 and spin is 2200 or under.

Less loft, less spin , opens the face up.

I just started playing with it. My misses aren’t as severe but honeymoon stage is always in effect. However, one of those experiment because I don’t know unless I try it

protos F4

> @TheCityGame said:

> > So mine set too 7 degrees is bad? ?

> What's your fairway percentage? Are you really at 7? What's your AoA?

>

> I've always thought I could go lower loft because I hit up on it pretty good, but whenever I try, I don't like the look and I don't like the results.

>

> I have my 10.5 dialed down, but I don't really want to go lower.

>

A correct x-stiff should lower launch and spin at the same loft.

> @aiyyer said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > > @Kent01putt said:

> > > I will keep all of these club house comments in mind as we rebuild the SPCC in two years. lol

> > >

> >

> > Played there probably half a dozen times or so. Never been in the clubhouse!!! Not sure why.

> > Love the the course.

> BTW, I drove to New Market looking for the Popeyes sandwich on Sunday - nothing there..

>

No Popeyes? Or chicken sandwich?

The day I was there they said they had plenty. This has to be a marketing thing. It's a chicken breast. I can't imagine a chicken place running out of breasts. ..

That's like a strip club running out of ......

> @aiyyer said:

> Nope.

> Found the best falafel in Rockville - Oh Mama Grill - http://ohmamagrill.com/.

> Not fancy but really good and their hot sauce will wake you up.

>

If you're ever up in Baltimore (Fed Hill), check out [baba's](http://www.babaskitchen.net/ "Baba's"). I haven't explored all the falafel in Baltimore, but I know his is great. We know the owner of the place fairly well (he was just as my house on Monday). He calls himself the C.F.O., Chief Falafel Officer.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

It was a nice afternoon yesterday, smacking it around Turf Valley, without getting all swassy for a change. We even got a surprise, with 2MT walking out to join us for the last 10 holes of the day.

We had all kinds of junk dots going, and then started playing baseball 4 holes into the round. Thankfully City was doing all the accounting, so all I had to do was play golf and report my own stuff for each hole. I liked having all the junk going, rather than just a few select ones. I think it made it more interesting, and balanced.

City was the big winner on the day. He was great on the back 9. Fairways, greens, and rolling that new PING flatstick very nicely.

Probably the biggest upset of the day was learning that City showers between golfing and going to yoga.

I drove it well. Shocker. I missed 2 fairways, one of which was like 10" into the first cut. The fairways were like cement, too. I was getting some PGA Tour level roll. Iron play wasn't as sharp as I'd like, but I still hit 13 greens.

And I putted like a total donkopotamus. Forget for a moment that I swapped my Flatso 2.0 grip for a Pingman before the round, for shiggles. Both last week at Blue Mash, and this week, I've felt really weird over putts. I'm putting a tentative stroke on the ball 85% of the time, and I don't know why. At least I ended up with somewhat acceptable results at Blue Mash last week. Not yesterday. It was awful. I need to get back to where I'm putting assertive strokes on the ball all the time.

This is what the card looked like at the end of the day. . .

r2t0u5xmcank.jpg

We started out with a 3-man "dot game". On hole 5 we added in "threes". On hole 10, we changed the dot game to 4 people, but kept "threes" going, and I started a match with 2MoreTerps.

We have a raging debate about whether a bugler has to be par or better, or bogey or better. That's probably for the rules forum.

Dots are normal things. . .birdies, greenies, sandies, but we've been adding in polies (putt made outside the stick for par or better), "hogans" (par or better with FW and GIR). "2Mores" (par or better with NO FW and NO GIR). It sounds goofy, but I find that I get a really good level of focus. It is a great game for truly focusing on the task at hand and not thinking about your round or your score. Your goal is to MAKE PAR (or better) on every hole. To get up and down. To hit it close. To hit fairways and greens. I really like what it does for my mindset and played a good round yesterday because of it.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

2more thinks he's got some type of next level bugler ethics, but really, he's just watering it down.

Here's the definition of the bugler, from the source document (https://nolayingup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Hammer-Tablet.pdf).

_Fart during your swing on the tee shot only, must make par or better and the signal to allow your playing partners that a f.a.r.t. may be coming is “Quiet please!”_

First, 2more successfully lobbied to have the f.a.r.t. be allowed at any point between the start of the swing, and the landing of the ball. That lowers the bar DRAMATICALLY.

Now he wants to allow buglers on bogey or better?!?! There's not a single junk dot in existence for anything worse than a par.

I'm all for golf course flatulence, but let's at least have some standards before we open our wallets and pay people for it.

EDIT: Changing to f.a.r.t. since apparently that's a naughty word. Goodness gracious.

2More also thinks buglers should be for ANY SHOT. Ball has to be in air.

I'm waiting for the day he tries chipping in for bogey from 5 feet just to get the worst bugler in history.

I think 2More has a Flatulence Fetish.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @gregh729 said:

> A little breezy and soggy this morning in Bethany Beach. Going to walk down to take a look at the ocean in a few.

That's a Greggy day. We're heading to OCNJ tonight for a week. . ."Locals Summer".

Here's a song for 2More, possible home video from Domes' childhood :

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green