PHOTOS: Accra TZ5 & TZ6 Shafts

GolfWRX

> @Go_Time said:

> Can anyone comment on how they tipped their TZ6 and specifically how they tipped it relative to other shafts? I.E. tipped TZ6 1 inch and feels the same as the PO tipped 1 inch etc etc

I haven't hit this, I own a TZ5 and it still is quite different feel than a PO. I tipped my TZ5 1".

I think that it is unlikely that it would ever feel similar to the PO. TZ6, by design, is softer tip, which they say creates the higher launch low spin. It is a different idea for a shaft.

In saying that, I believe it is still supposed to handle heavier hitters in higher flexes, however, for the sake of the PO which is essentially low/low -- the TZ6 doesn't fit even remotely.

> @Oaks said:

> ACCRA now has their custom design your own shaft on the website. Create custom TZ’s.

That is pretty awesome..

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Really interested in the TZ5 and TZ6. I have the Pro Orange 65TX in my G400 LST and really like it, but I can suffer from a 2 way miss at times if I don't time it right. Spin and launch are good. I have a Pro White 65TX in my M2 and am not a real fan of the feel. Would the TZ6 be closer to launch and spin of the Pro Orange? I've heard both feel better than the Pro White.

Been waiting to get this on the course until I wrote this review but that hasn't happened yet. So I will give you some feedback from a few range/sim sessions. About me... Big, tall guy, very strong.6'4" 285 Ex baseball player. Hard hitter rather then smooth swinger. Hard transition. 125-128 mph with driver on regular natural swing. can go 133-136mph with no issue. Hand injury last year kept me out for almost full season last year.. was able to start swinging again early winter in a simulator. Have a little bit of a bump hitch on the down swing right before impact to try to get the ball up and can tend to get a little quick from the top. Working on getting more fluid and smooth through the ball while working on rotating instead of sliding and powering through the ball.

Driver is a Ping g400 9*. Previous shaft was a HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.5 tipped 1". For whatever reason I enjoyed this shaft while i was injured because the swing weight was light and felt good on the hand. Very loose and and didn't feel like I had to absolutely murder the ball to get it to work. I will say, after using this shaft, b/c of the counter balance in it, i feel like I was starting to develop a little bit of a flip. High bombs with spin in the high 2k's. Dispersion was what ultimately forced me to search for something new. I was developing a 2 way miss that was getting uncontrollable with my swing starting to turn back around. Used to constantly hit low on the face. Miss was a big block right which turned into a compensation and started pull hooking things left. Once my speed came back after injury, the two way miss developed.

Now on to the Shaft. ACCRA TZ6 65 M5 tipped 1". Built at 45.5" but will cut down to play 45"

Went with the 65 series because I didn't want to feel like I had to Gorilla the shaft late in rounds.

1.BALL SPEED is ridiculous. Easily seeing 5-6mph gain with the same driver head. Thought it was a fluke but over multiple testing days and performance with range balls and in the sim/LM, it's legit. The ball speed gains Matt from TXG was seeing are real.

2. STRIKE has improved significantly with the driver. I don't know if its the kick point on the shaft or what but i am going center to center high on the face. Will occasionally catch one out on the high toe but that is swing related. It just makes me find the center/ center high on the face.

3. FEEL- Excellent. Don't know if i have ever hit a smoother shaft. I'm not one of those people who have hit every shaft on the planet but the blows all my old Fuji's away any day in the feel department. And this is with it tipped 1". I can't say enough good things about just how good this feels. Not boardy at all. Smooth stable load. with an excellent impact feeling through the ball. Pretty effortless to swing but will take everything you can throw at it so far.

4. FLIGHT- I have always been a high spin player as I tend to get a little bit steep and quick especially when tired. Mid launch with mid/high piercing flight even into wind. Haven't tested out with my tp5x on course so will update when that time comes. flies very STRAIGHT for me. I have always enjoyed hitting a natural draw. With this shaft, for me, it likes a slightly open stance with a straight ball or a fade. I could baby fade this shaft all day. Miss seems to be a slight straight/pull that would end up on left side light rough. No big blocks to the right. I like to aim down left and watch it baby fade over and if it goes straight, goes down the left side. If I hit high toe, it'll get ducky. But that is a swing issue. I can also play a draw with it, but it is definitely a little harder to turn over for a big draw. It seems to like to fade the ball.

5. SPIN- has come into the 2050-2250 range which is perfect for me to control on course. Alot of people looking for that magic 1800 spin number but thats all great on the range but difficult for me to control on course.

Seems to really like a slight pause with control at the top to really let this thing rip. Left knee bump to start it and it is so stable the whole way down through impact. I know exactly where the clubhead is the hole way though the swing. Also had to move the ball back a little further in my stance.

6. DISPERSION- Fantastic provided that I do my job. Decent + swings always end in a good result. Nothing was crazy far left or right unless i went high toe. Not a heel ball hitter so I can't speak on that but this blows the yellow out of the water. I noticed alot of people on here that have tried counter balance shafts have not been a big fan of dispersion with them.

7. SOUND- Dull, Muted. IN LOVE. Much more muted then the old HZRDUS.

*** I did have to turn down my g400 down to the big minus to get a little bit of a flatter flight. I am going to pick up a LST with lower loft and slightly more open to bring flight down just a touch more. In standard setting, it launched a bit high but still with low spin. Just a high piercing traj that goes forever.***

Can't say anything else just yet but this shaft looks like it will be in the bag for a long while. Actually considering going with a TZ5 in my 3 wood, it feels that good. TZ5 suppossed to be a little lower launching then TZ6.

Scored a deal on an uncut TZ5 65 M4 . Accra's website recommends the TZ5 M4 flex up to 110 mph. I am generally 105-108 so I went M4 and will probably not tip it. I currently play Tensei Pro White 70tx un-tipped in 3 wood with the heaviest weight cartridge Titleist offers. I am also playing the 90tx in hybrid un-tipped with heavy weight cartridge. Both probably playing a little soft due to the heavy heads and minimal tipping. Both work really well for me and I was fit for both. Giving the TZ5 a try as the bend profile seems similar to what works for me and I wanted to try something different in the driver for fun. Will report back once I get it built up. I'm going to try it in the Taylormade M5.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @danielwkelliher said:

> How much was the custom? I built one but haven't received a quote yet on it.... Thanks!

I was told $350..

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Played 18 on Sunday. I have never had a more predictable shaft in terms of performance. Put a good swing on it and I swear it was on Auto-Pilot. The feeling of this shaft is unmatched.

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Oaks, what model do you have?

TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 9.5 Matrix Ozik RUL 70X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White Hybrid 100 TX
Ping G400 3-Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105 X
Ping i 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 125X
Ping Glide 50SS & 56SS Nippon C10S
Titleist Vokey Low Bounce K 60 Nippon Modus 3 125 X
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

TZ6 M5

The stability of the shaft is what shines for me. I am not a LM junkie so I can’t say what my exact numbers are but what I can say is that the ball is in my “window” every time that I put a good swing on it.

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

I just got a TZ6 55 M4 flex and put in my TaylorMade M4. Played first round with it on Sunday. Wet course and hardly any roll out. The shaft feels so good on a quality hit. Really smooth feel. Was able to work it both ways without issue. Had mid-high launch with extra pop on some drives so I saw some moderate distance gains. Excited!

I was just fitted to a TZ5 65 M5 for my driver and TZ5 95 M5s in my hybrids. These shafts feel amazing. The driver shaft is very low launch low spin but does it without feeling that stout. I'm really impressed with what Accra did here.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60S
Titleist TSR2 15* w/VA Composites Nemesys 75S
Taylormade Stealth 2 Hybrid 19* w/VA Composites Nemesys 90S
Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM9 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/Project X LZ 6.0
Edel EAS 2.0 Putter
Vice Pro

I have a TZ6 75 M5 playing around 45 in. I love the feel of it, but I prefer to play a driver under 44 inches usually. I am trying to decide if I should cut it down to test. I can choke down, but it's not quite the same. Main reason I am hesitating is that I might prefer the TZ6 65 M5 or TZ5 even. Has anyone tried the TZ5 and TZ6 in both weights?

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

Just got the TZ6 65 M5 playing at 45.25 in a M5, TLDR it's now my gamer, don't need to confirm on a launch monitor!

I'll give a reference point to what I've been playing over the last few years. Have gone through a few minor swing changes, nothing super dramatic so I feel like my baseline is pretty good. Trackman swing speed of 115-117MPH, play a fade, and almost never miss left. Also not what I would consider a high spin player, I would actually argue low spin player considering my swing speed. This is even magnified as my miss in terms of strike is high toe

In 2017 played a 10.2* Tour Issue M1 with Tensei Pro Orange 60TX at 45" tipped 1/2" with hot melt to get swing weight to D4. Driver felt awesome, bought this combo on a whim, but what I noticed was that even my fade would knuckle which I later confirmed on Trackman where my spin was around 1500-1700 spin, I just couldn't consistently load the shaft. On hard fairways this was an awesome combo, but I noticed I wasn't getting the carry that I needed. Went to a 9.5* 2017 M2 with 6X Atmos Black untipped at 45.5". This was actually a dang good combo, went low but carried out. Difficult part was it could go a little left and I felt like I had to swing hard at it all the time. From there I was actually fit *shocker* into a 9.5 M3 with the weights in standard config with the Tensei Pro White 70tx untipped at 45". Club was actually really good for me, shaft felt good got solid numbers , was in the 13* / 2200 range pretty consistently and felt confident. I never got that soft butt feeling and ultra tip stiff that the shaft is known for, but overall it felt extremely stable with a noticeably softer handle when compared to the Pro Orange. I had a stint with the Synergy Black which from a profile standpoint matched up similarly with the Tensei, but it actually was lower spin. I actually preferred the feel of the Synergy Black as it felt like it had a tad more give in the shaft, but it was lighter, and I could never really dial in the swing weight and could miss left with it.

Got the M5 when it came out this year and threw in my Tensei White, and also tried the Synergy in this driver but couldn't spin it enough or get the launch I needed. The M5 is noticeably lower spin, and I started seeing the ball drop out of the air on shots I expected to carry further, but I couldn't go back to the M3 as the forgiveness was hard to ignore. The TZ6 caught my attention as it has a softer tip, while I have never actually hit an Accra, and soft tip / tip stiff etc are all relative terms and not consistent even with a given manufacturer, the entire profile intrigued me enough to buy it on a whim. I got it untipped and slightly longer to match the overall weight of the Tensei White 70tx. My goal with the shaft was to get a tad more launch and a tad more spin while not having to loft up / down the driver nor playing around with the weights too much as I like fairly neutral settings. What I got was a shaft that helped improve my strike as I seem to time it better and kept on finding the center of the face, because of this I do think I was able to launch it a tad higher, but the surprise was the spin looked relatively low. I'll be able to get onto a GC Quad this weekend to confirm, but it definitely passed the visual test. The feel is what really stood out to me. As one can surmise from my shaft experiments I typically do not tip my shafts and tend to like shafts with some level of play in them. The TZ6 has a very unique feel that is hard to describe except to say the marketing literature is spot on. The handle and mid section aren't incredibly stiff, I'd say slightly stiffer than my Tensei pro white, but the tip section has real solid kick to it, I wouldn't classify it as active but there is a definite feel there. The other surprise that I had was I felt like the "Tip" section on the shaft was longer, meaning I felt the active section of the shaft into parts that I would consider part of the mid section. I was giving the shaft some whacks and ball would not go left on me which is something I always look for, and my misses with it were also very playable, and the balls just seemed to carry, get to elevation and flatten out; part of that I'm sure is placebo, but the ball was clearly flying a good ways. It is a very unique feeling shaft vs all my other shafts which are typically tip stiff and have even been fitted into such things, but for me I am going to throw in the bag until the next great thing comes along!

• Like 1

> @bfizzy said:

> Just got the TZ6 65 M5 playing at 45.25 in a M5, TLDR it's now my gamer, don't need to confirm on a launch monitor!

>

> I'll give a reference point to what I've been playing over the last few years. Have gone through a few minor swing changes, nothing super dramatic so I feel like my baseline is pretty good. Trackman swing speed of 115-117MPH, play a fade, and almost never miss left. Also not what I would consider a high spin player, I would actually argue low spin player considering my swing speed. This is even magnified as my miss in terms of strike is high toe

>

> In 2017 played a 10.2* Tour Issue M1 with Tensei Pro Orange 60TX at 45" tipped 1/2" with hot melt to get swing weight to D4. Driver felt awesome, bought this combo on a whim, but what I noticed was that even my fade would knuckle which I later confirmed on Trackman where my spin was around 1500-1700 spin, I just couldn't consistently load the shaft. On hard fairways this was an awesome combo, but I noticed I wasn't getting the carry that I needed. Went to a 9.5* 2017 M2 with 6X Atmos Black untipped at 45.5". This was actually a dang good combo, went low but carried out. Difficult part was it could go a little left and I felt like I had to swing hard at it all the time. From there I was actually fit *shocker* into a 9.5 M3 with the weights in standard config with the Tensei Pro White 70tx untipped at 45". Club was actually really good for me, shaft felt good got solid numbers , was in the 13* / 2200 range pretty consistently and felt confident. I never got that soft butt feeling and ultra tip stiff that the shaft is known for, but overall it felt extremely stable with a noticeably softer handle when compared to the Pro Orange. I had a stint with the Synergy Black which from a profile standpoint matched up similarly with the Tensei, but it actually was lower spin. I actually preferred the feel of the Synergy Black as it felt like it had a tad more give in the shaft, but it was lighter, and I could never really dial in the swing weight and could miss left with it.

>

> Got the M5 when it came out this year and threw in my Tensei White, and also tried the Synergy in this driver but couldn't spin it enough or get the launch I needed. The M5 is noticeably lower spin, and I started seeing the ball drop out of the air on shots I expected to carry further, but I couldn't go back to the M3 as the forgiveness was hard to ignore. The TZ6 caught my attention as it has a softer tip, while I have never actually hit an Accra, and soft tip / tip stiff etc are all relative terms and not consistent even with a given manufacturer, the entire profile intrigued me enough to buy it on a whim. I got it untipped and slightly longer to match the overall weight of the Tensei White 70tx. My goal with the shaft was to get a tad more launch and a tad more spin while not having to loft up / down the driver nor playing around with the weights too much as I like fairly neutral settings. What I got was a shaft that helped improve my strike as I seem to time it better and kept on finding the center of the face, because of this I do think I was able to launch it a tad higher, but the surprise was the spin looked relatively low. I'll be able to get onto a GC Quad this weekend to confirm, but it definitely passed the visual test. The feel is what really stood out to me. As one can surmise from my shaft experiments I typically do not tip my shafts and tend to like shafts with some level of play in them. The TZ6 has a very unique feel that is hard to describe except to say the marketing literature is spot on. The handle and mid section aren't incredibly stiff, I'd say slightly stiffer than my Tensei pro white, but the tip section has real solid kick to it, I wouldn't classify it as active but there is a definite feel there. The other surprise that I had was I felt like the "Tip" section on the shaft was longer, meaning I felt the active section of the shaft into parts that I would consider part of the mid section. I was giving the shaft some whacks and ball would not go left on me which is something I always look for, and my misses with it were also very playable, and the balls just seemed to carry, get to elevation and flatten out; part of that I'm sure is placebo, but the ball was clearly flying a good ways. It is a very unique feeling shaft vs all my other shafts which are typically tip stiff and have even been fitted into such things, but for me I am going to throw in the bag until the next great thing comes along!

>

Nice write up. I’m a Tensei Pro White enthusiasts but have been very intrigued by these shafts. Just added a hybrid with the TZ6 85 M5 and I am more than impressed. Feel is fantastic. Shape, length and flight are perfect. Thinking about trying the 65 in my driver as well.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

> @Axman55 said:

> > @bfizzy said:

> > Just got the TZ6 65 M5 playing at 45.25 in a M5, TLDR it's now my gamer, don't need to confirm on a launch monitor!

> >

> > I'll give a reference point to what I've been playing over the last few years. Have gone through a few minor swing changes, nothing super dramatic so I feel like my baseline is pretty good. Trackman swing speed of 115-117MPH, play a fade, and almost never miss left. Also not what I would consider a high spin player, I would actually argue low spin player considering my swing speed. This is even magnified as my miss in terms of strike is high toe

> >

> > In 2017 played a 10.2* Tour Issue M1 with Tensei Pro Orange 60TX at 45" tipped 1/2" with hot melt to get swing weight to D4. Driver felt awesome, bought this combo on a whim, but what I noticed was that even my fade would knuckle which I later confirmed on Trackman where my spin was around 1500-1700 spin, I just couldn't consistently load the shaft. On hard fairways this was an awesome combo, but I noticed I wasn't getting the carry that I needed. Went to a 9.5* 2017 M2 with 6X Atmos Black untipped at 45.5". This was actually a dang good combo, went low but carried out. Difficult part was it could go a little left and I felt like I had to swing hard at it all the time. From there I was actually fit *shocker* into a 9.5 M3 with the weights in standard config with the Tensei Pro White 70tx untipped at 45". Club was actually really good for me, shaft felt good got solid numbers , was in the 13* / 2200 range pretty consistently and felt confident. I never got that soft butt feeling and ultra tip stiff that the shaft is known for, but overall it felt extremely stable with a noticeably softer handle when compared to the Pro Orange. I had a stint with the Synergy Black which from a profile standpoint matched up similarly with the Tensei, but it actually was lower spin. I actually preferred the feel of the Synergy Black as it felt like it had a tad more give in the shaft, but it was lighter, and I could never really dial in the swing weight and could miss left with it.

> >

> > Got the M5 when it came out this year and threw in my Tensei White, and also tried the Synergy in this driver but couldn't spin it enough or get the launch I needed. The M5 is noticeably lower spin, and I started seeing the ball drop out of the air on shots I expected to carry further, but I couldn't go back to the M3 as the forgiveness was hard to ignore. The TZ6 caught my attention as it has a softer tip, while I have never actually hit an Accra, and soft tip / tip stiff etc are all relative terms and not consistent even with a given manufacturer, the entire profile intrigued me enough to buy it on a whim. I got it untipped and slightly longer to match the overall weight of the Tensei White 70tx. My goal with the shaft was to get a tad more launch and a tad more spin while not having to loft up / down the driver nor playing around with the weights too much as I like fairly neutral settings. What I got was a shaft that helped improve my strike as I seem to time it better and kept on finding the center of the face, because of this I do think I was able to launch it a tad higher, but the surprise was the spin looked relatively low. I'll be able to get onto a GC Quad this weekend to confirm, but it definitely passed the visual test. The feel is what really stood out to me. As one can surmise from my shaft experiments I typically do not tip my shafts and tend to like shafts with some level of play in them. The TZ6 has a very unique feel that is hard to describe except to say the marketing literature is spot on. The handle and mid section aren't incredibly stiff, I'd say slightly stiffer than my Tensei pro white, but the tip section has real solid kick to it, I wouldn't classify it as active but there is a definite feel there. The other surprise that I had was I felt like the "Tip" section on the shaft was longer, meaning I felt the active section of the shaft into parts that I would consider part of the mid section. I was giving the shaft some whacks and ball would not go left on me which is something I always look for, and my misses with it were also very playable, and the balls just seemed to carry, get to elevation and flatten out; part of that I'm sure is placebo, but the ball was clearly flying a good ways. It is a very unique feeling shaft vs all my other shafts which are typically tip stiff and have even been fitted into such things, but for me I am going to throw in the bag until the next great thing comes along!

> >

> Nice write up. I’m a Tensei Pro White enthusiasts but have been very intrigued by these shafts. Just added a hybrid with the TZ6 85 M5 and I am more than impressed. Feel is fantastic. Shape, length and flight are perfect. Thinking about trying the 65 in my driver as well.

>

>

TZ6 85 M5 in driver or fw? Isn't that about 90g?

@Axman55 - it is a very different feel vs the Tensei Pro White in a driver, I haven't hit the hybrid so can't compare, but I really do like it, it is very unique. Granted I haven't hit all the shafts out there but vs the typical tip stiff profiles it is unique. I'm still sticking with the Tensei Pro White in my 3W though so definitely nothing wrong with the profile, just feel wise in the driver it seems to work well.

> @bfizzy said:

> @Axman55 - it is a very different feel vs the Tensei Pro White in a driver, I haven't hit the hybrid so can't compare, but I really do like it, it is very unique. Granted I haven't hit all the shafts out there but vs the typical tip stiff profiles it is unique. I'm still sticking with the Tensei Pro White in my 3W though so definitely nothing wrong with the profile, just feel wise in the driver it seems to work well.

Yeah I don’t think I would touch my 3wood shaft. I’m hoping for a little higher launch without adding loft to the head and I have always gotten along with very low torque shafts regardless of bend profile, so excited to try it in the driver.

> @gambit said:

> > @Axman55 said:

> > > @bfizzy said:

> > > Just got the TZ6 65 M5 playing at 45.25 in a M5, TLDR it's now my gamer, don't need to confirm on a launch monitor!

> > >

> > > I'll give a reference point to what I've been playing over the last few years. Have gone through a few minor swing changes, nothing super dramatic so I feel like my baseline is pretty good. Trackman swing speed of 115-117MPH, play a fade, and almost never miss left. Also not what I would consider a high spin player, I would actually argue low spin player considering my swing speed. This is even magnified as my miss in terms of strike is high toe

> > >

> > > In 2017 played a 10.2* Tour Issue M1 with Tensei Pro Orange 60TX at 45" tipped 1/2" with hot melt to get swing weight to D4. Driver felt awesome, bought this combo on a whim, but what I noticed was that even my fade would knuckle which I later confirmed on Trackman where my spin was around 1500-1700 spin, I just couldn't consistently load the shaft. On hard fairways this was an awesome combo, but I noticed I wasn't getting the carry that I needed. Went to a 9.5* 2017 M2 with 6X Atmos Black untipped at 45.5". This was actually a dang good combo, went low but carried out. Difficult part was it could go a little left and I felt like I had to swing hard at it all the time. From there I was actually fit *shocker* into a 9.5 M3 with the weights in standard config with the Tensei Pro White 70tx untipped at 45". Club was actually really good for me, shaft felt good got solid numbers , was in the 13* / 2200 range pretty consistently and felt confident. I never got that soft butt feeling and ultra tip stiff that the shaft is known for, but overall it felt extremely stable with a noticeably softer handle when compared to the Pro Orange. I had a stint with the Synergy Black which from a profile standpoint matched up similarly with the Tensei, but it actually was lower spin. I actually preferred the feel of the Synergy Black as it felt like it had a tad more give in the shaft, but it was lighter, and I could never really dial in the swing weight and could miss left with it.

> > >

> > > Got the M5 when it came out this year and threw in my Tensei White, and also tried the Synergy in this driver but couldn't spin it enough or get the launch I needed. The M5 is noticeably lower spin, and I started seeing the ball drop out of the air on shots I expected to carry further, but I couldn't go back to the M3 as the forgiveness was hard to ignore. The TZ6 caught my attention as it has a softer tip, while I have never actually hit an Accra, and soft tip / tip stiff etc are all relative terms and not consistent even with a given manufacturer, the entire profile intrigued me enough to buy it on a whim. I got it untipped and slightly longer to match the overall weight of the Tensei White 70tx. My goal with the shaft was to get a tad more launch and a tad more spin while not having to loft up / down the driver nor playing around with the weights too much as I like fairly neutral settings. What I got was a shaft that helped improve my strike as I seem to time it better and kept on finding the center of the face, because of this I do think I was able to launch it a tad higher, but the surprise was the spin looked relatively low. I'll be able to get onto a GC Quad this weekend to confirm, but it definitely passed the visual test. The feel is what really stood out to me. As one can surmise from my shaft experiments I typically do not tip my shafts and tend to like shafts with some level of play in them. The TZ6 has a very unique feel that is hard to describe except to say the marketing literature is spot on. The handle and mid section aren't incredibly stiff, I'd say slightly stiffer than my Tensei pro white, but the tip section has real solid kick to it, I wouldn't classify it as active but there is a definite feel there. The other surprise that I had was I felt like the "Tip" section on the shaft was longer, meaning I felt the active section of the shaft into parts that I would consider part of the mid section. I was giving the shaft some whacks and ball would not go left on me which is something I always look for, and my misses with it were also very playable, and the balls just seemed to carry, get to elevation and flatten out; part of that I'm sure is placebo, but the ball was clearly flying a good ways. It is a very unique feeling shaft vs all my other shafts which are typically tip stiff and have even been fitted into such things, but for me I am going to throw in the bag until the next great thing comes along!

> > >

> > Nice write up. I’m a Tensei Pro White enthusiasts but have been very intrigued by these shafts. Just added a hybrid with the TZ6 85 M5 and I am more than impressed. Feel is fantastic. Shape, length and flight are perfect. Thinking about trying the 65 in my driver as well.

> >

> >

>

> TZ6 85 M5 in driver or fw? Isn't that about 90g?

The TZ6 Hybrid shaft is 85 (butt sticker said 87.8). The TZ5 comes in 85 or 95 in hybrid.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

Eagerly awaiting the TZ5 65 M5 to come off backorder. Cannot wait to get it in my G410 Plus head

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

Went away from my ACCRA TZ5 75 M5 to a HZRDUS T1100. Working better so far.

I did however just pick up an ACCRA TZ6 M5 65 that I am going to try this week and will provide numbers for those looking at this shaft if they want!

If no such luck again, I will have it on the BST next weekend for those looking for one.

> @jbole267 said:

> Went away from my ACCRA TZ5 75 M5 to a HZRDUS T1100. Working better so far.

> I did however just pick up an ACCRA TZ6 M5 65 that I am going to try this week and will provide numbers for those looking at this shaft if they want!

>

> If no such luck again, I will have it on the BST next weekend for those looking for one.

I play the T1100 now and have been considering TZ5. What about them T1100 is working better for you? Thanks

> @ohiohunter2 said:

> > @jbole267 said:

> > Went away from my ACCRA TZ5 75 M5 to a HZRDUS T1100. Working better so far.

> > I did however just pick up an ACCRA TZ6 M5 65 that I am going to try this week and will provide numbers for those looking at this shaft if they want!

> >

> > If no such luck again, I will have it on the BST next weekend for those looking for one.

>

> I play the T1100 now and have been considering TZ5. What about them T1100 is working better for you? Thanks

I’m not great at describing shaft feel but I can try. I just had a 2 way miss with TZ5 that was more prominent. The T1100 feels like it’s more one piece I would say, whereas the TZ5 had what I could tell as a more distinct kick/action.

That being said I think in a 3 wood it would be more solid. It was however lower launching than the T1100 for me.

I played Sunday morning for the first time with the Accra TZ5 in my driver and hit it to distances I've never seen before on that course. I hit one bad drive the entire day and no shaft would have helped that swing. More than anything though, I love the feel of this shaft. I'm really impressed so far.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60S
Titleist TSR2 15* w/VA Composites Nemesys 75S
Taylormade Stealth 2 Hybrid 19* w/VA Composites Nemesys 90S
Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM9 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/Project X LZ 6.0
Edel EAS 2.0 Putter
Vice Pro