Put on a freaking stripeshow today, easier and easier every game

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

7 iron test complete. ~100 pro V1s hit over two days on a single grass 160 yard par 3 (after hours)

iok3shrr6prk.jpeg

bf6cso9az338.jpeg

l9wlknz8ssf6.jpeg

lqp6hyjhk3w8.jpeg

Note: This will probably be more helpful for those who haven’t play blades before.

I am a 4 handicap (scratch ball striking, 15 handicap putter) who used “players cavities” my entire life. I learned to play with them and since played high school and college club golf with them. They are all I know until now.

My progression: Titleist 690 CB -> Mizuno MP 57 -> Miura CB over 15+ years. Never was a Ping iron guy, mainly due to how ugly they all look. These caught my eye though, so I had to try em.

Key Results:

- the first thing that stuck out to me about these is HOW INCREDIBLY EASY THEY ARE TO SHAPE. I always heard about how Miura baby blades were legendary in shaping ball flight but could never try due to no left handed made. If you like to hit high cuts that land soft and massive hooks around trees (because you can’t hit fairways) you gotta try these.

- Turf interaction is excellent. The best of anything I’ve ever hit. Blueprint is an apt name because the shape of these things must’ve been sculpted by the golfing gods.

- Feel is average. Vibration is higher than you’d expect from a sole this thin. I think the toe weight has something to do with them just not feeling as solid as something like a Mizuno/srixon or even a miura. I suppose it’s the tradeoff of COG perfection.

- They fly low and straight. If you are like me and flight your irons high, give these a shot. If you need a little extra trajectory, blades just aren’t going to do you much good. Misshits definitely didn’t go as far as with my Miuras, so you better be making solid contact at least 80% of the time. Any less and you’ll lose strokes playing these. They are more forgiving than I’d expect a blade to be, but are by no means cavities.

Conclusion: If you are a single digit handicap whose ball striking is solid and you hit it high enough, try these. They are overpriced and do not feel as buttery soft as a mizuno/Miura/Srixon, yet I still somehow recommend them. Incredibly fun to hit and incredibly well balanced are the two main things that stuck with me. I will wait until Mizuno drops the MP-20 before making a final decision, but am seriously considering a set.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

Think we need your definition of "pure" ;-)

No tour player would say they pure it 80% of the time, let along single digit recreational golfers.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @duffer987 said:

> Think we need your definition of "pure" ;-)

> No tour player would say they pure it 80% of the time, let along single digit recreational golfers.

Changed to “making solid contact” for you. If you’re hitting them thin or fat at least 1/4 the time I’d recommend something a bit more forgiving is all I’m trying to say.

Lefty

How do these compare to the S55's? I really enjoy the s55's and would only upgrade to something noticeably better. The iblades to me weren't enough of an upgrade to me to want to switch. I'm sure these are more playable, but is the loss of forgiveness significant?

On a similar note do y'all think Ping is done making player's cavity backs? Could y'all see an iblade 2.0 coming out next year that just refines the iblade?

> @gopherlover said:

> How do these compare to the S55's? I really enjoy the s55's and would only upgrade to something noticeably better. The iblades to me weren't enough of an upgrade to me to want to switch. I'm sure these are more playable, but is the loss of forgiveness significant?

> On a similar note do y'all think Ping is done making player's cavity backs? Could y'all see an iblade 2.0 coming out next year that just refines the iblade?

To me, there is some comparison. It's definitely not the same club. Same with the iBlade. Blueprints are smaller by a bit, and they are set up for rewarding good strikes. s55/iBlade are set up to have a smaller feel, but prevent problems. This is just one guy's opinion; others might have a different take, and maybe this isn't just a Ping-specific take, either. But to me, it seems like blades such as the Blueprint are all about getting you in a rhythm, and tempo, and you get instant feedback on what's right and not. It's a "lesson" on course. The 55s feel like "I got away with that" or "saved your bacon". When you hit it well, it doesn't feel rewarding... it just feels... _not wrong_.

This is a rather airy-fairy take, and I understand that, but it isn't _noticeably better_ as you've asked. It's a notably different feel, and as others have said and I agree, the Blueprint is not quite as forgiving on a single-strike miss. The reason I think people are loving it is that it isn't about a single shot -- it's about what it does _over time_. You get more pure feeling shots; more shots that feel like you just thrashed a marshmallow. More sting when you miss (I have CP2 Pro grips, so I have yet to get a stinger...) and a bit more distance loss when you're off the toe.

They are not the same category of club, even if the categories are very similar. I think it would be a mistake to simply view these as an iteration of the Ping cavity back line. They are not an "upgrade"; they are different enough to not be the same, despite a lot of similarity. If you know the Titleist line, no one ever confuses the CB and MB line, and that's about what you have here. While Ping haven't been marketing this for a while, it's essentially the same. I expect these two to extend in Ping's repertoire for a long time, and the messaging will be roughly players who require "feel", and players who want versatile and forgiving where feel isn't a priority.

• Like 2

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @matchavez said:

> > @gopherlover said:

> > How do these compare to the S55's? I really enjoy the s55's and would only upgrade to something noticeably better. The iblades to me weren't enough of an upgrade to me to want to switch. I'm sure these are more playable, but is the loss of forgiveness significant?

> > On a similar note do y'all think Ping is done making player's cavity backs? Could y'all see an iblade 2.0 coming out next year that just refines the iblade?

> To me, there is some comparison. It's definitely not the same club. Same with the iBlade. Blueprints are smaller by a bit, and they are set up for rewarding good strikes. s55/iBlade are set up to have a smaller feel, but prevent problems. This is just one guy's opinion; others might have a different take, and maybe this isn't just a Ping-specific take, either. But to me, it seems like blades such as the Blueprint are all about getting you in a rhythm, and tempo, and you get instant feedback on what's right and not. It's a "lesson" on course. The 55s feel like "I got away with that" or "saved your bacon". When you hit it well, it doesn't feel rewarding... it just feels... _not wrong_.

>

> This is a rather airy-fairy take, and I understand that, but it isn't _noticeably better_ as you've asked. It's a notably different feel, and as others have said and I agree, the Blueprint is not quite as forgiving on a single-strike miss. The reason I think people are loving it is that it isn't about a single shot -- it's about what it does _over time_. You get more pure feeling shots; more shots that feel like you just thrashed a marshmallow. More sting when you miss (I have CP2 Pro grips, so I have yet to get a stinger...) and a bit more distance loss when you're off the toe.

>

> They are not the same category of club, even if the categories are very similar. I think it would be a mistake to simply view these as an iteration of the Ping cavity back line. They are not an "upgrade"; they are different enough to not be the same, despite a lot of similarity. If you know the Titleist line, no one ever confuses the CB and MB line, and that's about what you have here. While Ping haven't been marketing this for a while, it's essentially the same. I expect these two to extend in Ping's repertoire for a long time, and the messaging will be roughly players who require "feel", and players who want versatile and forgiving where feel isn't a priority.

Great take

Two best irons I've hit in last 24 months are blueprints and Titleist mb's ... feel and performance ... thin soles complete me

EvnRoll ER9

> @golfinguru11 said:

> 7 iron test complete. ~100 pro V1s hit over two days on a single grass 160 yard par 3 (after hours)

> iok3shrr6prk.jpeg

> bf6cso9az338.jpeg

> l9wlknz8ssf6.jpeg

> lqp6hyjhk3w8.jpeg

>

> Note: This will probably be more helpful for those who haven’t play blades before.

>

> I am a 4 handicap (scratch ball striking, 15 handicap putter) who used “players cavities” my entire life. I learned to play with them and since played high school and college club golf with them. They are all I know until now.

>

> My progression: Titleist 690 CB -> Mizuno MP 57 -> Miura CB over 15+ years. Never was a Ping iron guy, mainly due to how ugly they all look. These caught my eye though, so I had to try em.

>

> Key Results:

> - the first thing that stuck out to me about these is HOW INCREDIBLY EASY THEY ARE TO SHAPE. I always heard about how Miura baby blades were legendary in shaping ball flight but could never try due to no left handed made. If you like to hit high cuts that land soft and massive hooks around trees (because you can’t hit fairways) you gotta try these.

> - Turf interaction is excellent. The best of anything I’ve ever hit. Blueprint is an apt name because the shape of these things must’ve been sculpted by the golfing gods.

> - Feel is average. Vibration is higher than you’d expect from a sole this thin. I think the toe weight has something to do with them just not feeling as solid as something like a Mizuno/srixon or even a miura. I suppose it’s the tradeoff of COG perfection.

> - They fly low and straight. If you are like me and flight your irons high, give these a shot. If you need a little extra trajectory, blades just aren’t going to do you much good. Misshits definitely didn’t go as far as with my Miuras, so you better be making solid contact at least 80% of the time. Any less and you’ll lose strokes playing these. They are more forgiving than I’d expect a blade to be, but are by no means cavities.

>

> Conclusion: If you are a single digit handicap whose ball striking is solid and you hit it high enough, try these. They are overpriced and do not feel as buttery soft as a mizuno/Miura/Srixon, yet I still somehow recommend them. Incredibly fun to hit and incredibly well balanced are the two main things that stuck with me. I will wait until Mizuno drops the MP-20 before making a final decision, but am seriously considering a set.

Thanks for sharing

I left Miura when the Ping s series started

I don't find them low hitting at all

EvnRoll ER9

> @golfinguru11 said:

> 7 iron test complete. ~100 pro V1s hit over two days on a single grass 160 yard par 3 (after hours)

> iok3shrr6prk.jpeg

> bf6cso9az338.jpeg

> l9wlknz8ssf6.jpeg

> lqp6hyjhk3w8.jpeg

>

> Note: This will probably be more helpful for those who haven’t play blades before.

>

> I am a 4 handicap (scratch ball striking, 15 handicap putter) who used “players cavities” my entire life. I learned to play with them and since played high school and college club golf with them. They are all I know until now.

>

> My progression: Titleist 690 CB -> Mizuno MP 57 -> Miura CB over 15+ years. Never was a Ping iron guy, mainly due to how ugly they all look. These caught my eye though, so I had to try em.

>

> Key Results:

> - the first thing that stuck out to me about these is HOW INCREDIBLY EASY THEY ARE TO SHAPE. I always heard about how Miura baby blades were legendary in shaping ball flight but could never try due to no left handed made. If you like to hit high cuts that land soft and massive hooks around trees (because you can’t hit fairways) you gotta try these.

> - Turf interaction is excellent. The best of anything I’ve ever hit. Blueprint is an apt name because the shape of these things must’ve been sculpted by the golfing gods.

> - Feel is average. Vibration is higher than you’d expect from a sole this thin. I think the toe weight has something to do with them just not feeling as solid as something like a Mizuno/srixon or even a miura. I suppose it’s the tradeoff of COG perfection.

> - They fly low and straight. If you are like me and flight your irons high, give these a shot. If you need a little extra trajectory, blades just aren’t going to do you much good. Misshits definitely didn’t go as far as with my Miuras, so you better be making solid contact at least 80% of the time. Any less and you’ll lose strokes playing these. They are more forgiving than I’d expect a blade to be, but are by no means cavities.

>

> Conclusion: If you are a single digit handicap whose ball striking is solid and you hit it high enough, try these. They are overpriced and do not feel as buttery soft as a mizuno/Miura/Srixon, yet I still somehow recommend them. Incredibly fun to hit and incredibly well balanced are the two main things that stuck with me. I will wait until Mizuno drops the MP-20 before making a final decision, but am seriously considering a set.

Golfers are a fickled bunch. What doesn't feel buttery soft to you feels great to me. I have a set of CB57s and I wouldn't say they're buttery at all. I'd say they feel like a sledgehammer smashing into a small ball of dough. It's a solid feeling to me. The BPs feel softer than that to me and not clicky at all. That said I felt like the BPs were easy to hit and I definitely wouldn't consider this a low launch head. Love the squared off toe, thin topline and sole. Also I don't think you need to be a single cap to play these, but it definitely depends one why you are at the cap you are. For me, personally, I'm terrible off the tee with woods. I'm consistently 3 or 5 off the tee lol and when I do get off it I'm in some trouble usually. My course management is almost non-existent and I have horrendous alignment. About a month ago I played with my buddies (2 single caps and a mid cap). On a 173 yard par 3, pin tucked to the left with a crosswind I pull 7i and put it into the middle of the canyon to the left. My buddy asks if I was trying to cut. I say no and that I was going for middle of the green. He had me setup like I was going for that same shot, put a club down, and showed me I was pointed right where I hit the ball. I also don't think blades are that hard to hit. I think chunkier GI irons are actually.

• Like 1

> @gambit said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > 7 iron test complete. ~100 pro V1s hit over two days on a single grass 160 yard par 3 (after hours)

> > iok3shrr6prk.jpeg

> > bf6cso9az338.jpeg

> > l9wlknz8ssf6.jpeg

> > lqp6hyjhk3w8.jpeg

> >

> > Note: This will probably be more helpful for those who haven’t play blades before.

> >

> > I am a 4 handicap (scratch ball striking, 15 handicap putter) who used “players cavities” my entire life. I learned to play with them and since played high school and college club golf with them. They are all I know until now.

> >

> > My progression: Titleist 690 CB -> Mizuno MP 57 -> Miura CB over 15+ years. Never was a Ping iron guy, mainly due to how ugly they all look. These caught my eye though, so I had to try em.

> >

> > Key Results:

> > - the first thing that stuck out to me about these is HOW INCREDIBLY EASY THEY ARE TO SHAPE. I always heard about how Miura baby blades were legendary in shaping ball flight but could never try due to no left handed made. If you like to hit high cuts that land soft and massive hooks around trees (because you can’t hit fairways) you gotta try these.

> > - Turf interaction is excellent. The best of anything I’ve ever hit. Blueprint is an apt name because the shape of these things must’ve been sculpted by the golfing gods.

> > - Feel is average. Vibration is higher than you’d expect from a sole this thin. I think the toe weight has something to do with them just not feeling as solid as something like a Mizuno/srixon or even a miura. I suppose it’s the tradeoff of COG perfection.

> > - They fly low and straight. If you are like me and flight your irons high, give these a shot. If you need a little extra trajectory, blades just aren’t going to do you much good. Misshits definitely didn’t go as far as with my Miuras, so you better be making solid contact at least 80% of the time. Any less and you’ll lose strokes playing these. They are more forgiving than I’d expect a blade to be, but are by no means cavities.

> >

> > Conclusion: If you are a single digit handicap whose ball striking is solid and you hit it high enough, try these. They are overpriced and do not feel as buttery soft as a mizuno/Miura/Srixon, yet I still somehow recommend them. Incredibly fun to hit and incredibly well balanced are the two main things that stuck with me. I will wait until Mizuno drops the MP-20 before making a final decision, but am seriously considering a set.

>

> Golfers are a fickled bunch. What doesn't feel buttery soft to you feels great to me. I have a set of CB57s and I wouldn't say they're buttery at all. I'd say they feel like a sledgehammer smashing into a small ball of dough. It's a solid feeling to me. The BPs feel softer than that to me and not clicky at all. That said I felt like the BPs were easy to hit and I definitely wouldn't consider this a low launch head. Love the squared off toe, thin topline and sole. Also I don't think you need to be a single cap to play these, but it definitely depends one why you are at the cap you are. For me, personally, I'm terrible off the tee with woods. I'm consistently 3 or 5 off the tee lol and when I do get off it I'm in some trouble usually. My course management is almost non-existent and I have horrendous alignment. About a month ago I played with my buddies (2 single caps and a mid cap). On a 173 yard par 3, pin tucked to the left with a crosswind I pull 7i and put it into the middle of the canyon to the left. My buddy asks if I was trying to cut. I say no and that I was going for middle of the green. He had me setup like I was going for that same shot, put a club down, and showed me I was pointed right where I hit the ball. I also don't think blades are that hard to hit. I think chunkier GI irons are actually.

Serious point unrelated to the Blueprints--if you really are 3 or 5 off the tee, maybe consider leaving the woods behind for a bit? Given the penalties you're taking off tee, if you were laying 3 or laying 5 after 3 or 5 6 iron shots, wouldn't you be in a better spot than your ultimate tee shot?

The best change I've made in my game recently is hitting 3 wood exclusively off the tee for the past month. I'm regularly carding pars on holes I used to take triple bogey on, because I'm off the tee cleanly and my shot placement is much better.

> @revanant said:

> > @gambit said:

> > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > 7 iron test complete. ~100 pro V1s hit over two days on a single grass 160 yard par 3 (after hours)

> > > iok3shrr6prk.jpeg

> > > bf6cso9az338.jpeg

> > > l9wlknz8ssf6.jpeg

> > > lqp6hyjhk3w8.jpeg

> > >

> > > Note: This will probably be more helpful for those who haven’t play blades before.

> > >

> > > I am a 4 handicap (scratch ball striking, 15 handicap putter) who used “players cavities” my entire life. I learned to play with them and since played high school and college club golf with them. They are all I know until now.

> > >

> > > My progression: Titleist 690 CB -> Mizuno MP 57 -> Miura CB over 15+ years. Never was a Ping iron guy, mainly due to how ugly they all look. These caught my eye though, so I had to try em.

> > >

> > > Key Results:

> > > - the first thing that stuck out to me about these is HOW INCREDIBLY EASY THEY ARE TO SHAPE. I always heard about how Miura baby blades were legendary in shaping ball flight but could never try due to no left handed made. If you like to hit high cuts that land soft and massive hooks around trees (because you can’t hit fairways) you gotta try these.

> > > - Turf interaction is excellent. The best of anything I’ve ever hit. Blueprint is an apt name because the shape of these things must’ve been sculpted by the golfing gods.

> > > - Feel is average. Vibration is higher than you’d expect from a sole this thin. I think the toe weight has something to do with them just not feeling as solid as something like a Mizuno/srixon or even a miura. I suppose it’s the tradeoff of COG perfection.

> > > - They fly low and straight. If you are like me and flight your irons high, give these a shot. If you need a little extra trajectory, blades just aren’t going to do you much good. Misshits definitely didn’t go as far as with my Miuras, so you better be making solid contact at least 80% of the time. Any less and you’ll lose strokes playing these. They are more forgiving than I’d expect a blade to be, but are by no means cavities.

> > >

> > > Conclusion: If you are a single digit handicap whose ball striking is solid and you hit it high enough, try these. They are overpriced and do not feel as buttery soft as a mizuno/Miura/Srixon, yet I still somehow recommend them. Incredibly fun to hit and incredibly well balanced are the two main things that stuck with me. I will wait until Mizuno drops the MP-20 before making a final decision, but am seriously considering a set.

> >

> > Golfers are a fickled bunch. What doesn't feel buttery soft to you feels great to me. I have a set of CB57s and I wouldn't say they're buttery at all. I'd say they feel like a sledgehammer smashing into a small ball of dough. It's a solid feeling to me. The BPs feel softer than that to me and not clicky at all. That said I felt like the BPs were easy to hit and I definitely wouldn't consider this a low launch head. Love the squared off toe, thin topline and sole. Also I don't think you need to be a single cap to play these, but it definitely depends one why you are at the cap you are. For me, personally, I'm terrible off the tee with woods. I'm consistently 3 or 5 off the tee lol and when I do get off it I'm in some trouble usually. My course management is almost non-existent and I have horrendous alignment. About a month ago I played with my buddies (2 single caps and a mid cap). On a 173 yard par 3, pin tucked to the left with a crosswind I pull 7i and put it into the middle of the canyon to the left. My buddy asks if I was trying to cut. I say no and that I was going for middle of the green. He had me setup like I was going for that same shot, put a club down, and showed me I was pointed right where I hit the ball. I also don't think blades are that hard to hit. I think chunkier GI irons are actually.

>

> Serious point unrelated to the Blueprints--if you really are 3 or 5 off the tee, maybe consider leaving the woods behind for a bit? Given the penalties you're taking off tee, if you were laying 3 or laying 5 after 3 or 5 6 iron shots, wouldn't you be in a better spot than your ultimate tee shot?

>

> The best change I've made in my game recently is hitting 3 wood exclusively off the tee for the past month. I'm regularly carding pars on holes I used to take triple bogey on, because I'm off the tee cleanly and my shot placement is much better.

I've tried using irons and just a fw off the tee and it was fine for a while. Problem is when you play a course with a lot of forced carry. This year I've made the dedication to get my driver issues fixed regardless if I have to spend the year shooting crap scores because the fact is if I hit driver well it makes the game much easier. Funny thing is I used to be a good driver of the ball. Took a lesson and it all went to hell. Got to the point where the yips were so bad I was afraid to pull out driver even on the range let alone a course out of fear for embarrassing myself. Now I say F it. Some days I hit bombs. Others I chop down trees and pollute the lakes.

Good luck. At some point, I'll need to fix my driver myself. In the meantime, I'm hitting my 3 wood about 15 yards less than my driver, but usually in the fairway. I then have good continuity to nail my 3 wood again off the deck on longer holes.

For context, I recently used my 3 wood exclusively on Bethpage Black from the middle tees. It kept me out of a lot of trouble, even on the holes with the forced carries. Which was a very good thing, because anything off the fairway was either a lost ball or an effective 2-3 shot penalty to get out. : )

> @revanant said:

> Good luck. At some point, I'll need to fix my driver myself. In the meantime, I'm hitting my 3 wood about 15 yards less than my driver, but usually in the fairway. I then have good continuity to nail my 3 wood again off the deck on longer holes.

>

> For context, I recently used my 3 wood exclusively on Bethpage Black from the middle tees. It kept me out of a lot of trouble, even on the holes with the forced carries. Which was a very good thing, because anything off the fairway was either a lost ball or an effective 2-3 shot penalty to get out. : )

>

I hear ya...I think the turning point for me wasn't even the forced carries, but I played a course where it was so windy my fws would just stop on mid air leaving me with crazy long second shots. Not the funnest day so then I decided to just suck it up and work on it till my weakness becomes a strength.

Side note: got the BPs and glide forged wedges in today and they're pure sexiness...just like me lmao.

This must be some kind of sick joke. Went to hit my test 7 iron blueprint one more time before selling it, and there’s SOMETHING LOOSE IN THE SHAFT. It shipped direct from Ping last week. I was wondering why there was so much vibration when I first hit it, this is why. Any clue what it is? The loose piece is fairly heavy.... could it be that the heel weight came loose? Or simply epoxy? This is probably enough to make me stay away from Ping for a while, despite the fact that I enjoyed the club. A $1600 iron set that falls apart after a week just isn’t acceptable.

Lefty

So, I’ve hit the Blueprint 7 iron twice on a sim. Both times, I got very high launch. Around 23 to 24 degrees. Spin was also high—at one point, I hit 8k with the 7i.

Anyone else finding the Blueprint has a very high ballflight?

If I were to really look into a set, I think I’d have to power spec to bring down the launch and spin a bit.

> @golfinguru11 said:

> This must be some kind of sick joke. Went to hit my test 7 iron blueprint one more time before selling it, and there’s SOMETHING LOOSE IN THE SHAFT. It shipped direct from Ping last week. I was wondering why there was so much vibration when I first hit it, this is why. Any clue what it is? The loose piece is fairly heavy.... could it be that the heel weight came loose? This is probably enough to make me stay away from Ping for a long while, despite the fact that I enjoyed the club. A $1600 iron set that falls apart after a week just isn’t acceptable. Absolute joke.

I’d go ahead and take a chill pill, then go ahead and have PING fix the club for free. Inconvenient? Yes. Rare? Yes. Happens to every club maker? Absolutely.

• Like 2

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > This must be some kind of sick joke. Went to hit my test 7 iron blueprint one more time before selling it, and there’s SOMETHING LOOSE IN THE SHAFT. It shipped direct from Ping last week. I was wondering why there was so much vibration when I first hit it, this is why. Any clue what it is? The loose piece is fairly heavy.... could it be that the heel weight came loose? This is probably enough to make me stay away from Ping for a long while, despite the fact that I enjoyed the club. A $1600 iron set that falls apart after a week just isn’t acceptable. Absolute joke.

> I’d go ahead and take a chill pill, then go ahead and have PING fix the club for free. Inconvenient? Yes. Rare? Yes. Happens to every club maker? Absolutely.

>

>

If what you say is true it is certainly bad luck on Ping’s part. Had 4 different iron sets over 15 years (titleist, Mizuno and miura), never once had something loose in the shaft before. It’s happened once or twice in wood heads but never irons. The fact that it shipped direct from the factory last week makes me question quality control.

Lefty

> @JerryTBall said:

> > @Rcush said:

> > What did u get?

> > > @cz13X4 said:

> > > Love them but def need a different shaft. Will pass the deal along.

> >

> >

> He bought the set that I had, which was the three iron, five iron through pitching wedge with the dynamic gold 105 stiff shafts, they are black dot but the lie was increased to 1 1/2° so that would have to be set back if you need standard lie. I ordered a new set of irons and I had the same shaft put in from paying that I have in all my other irons which is the project X LZ, standard length 5.5 stiff hard stepped one time . One day I’m gonna try the blueprint with that shaft and if it works out I may re-buy a set.

>

> @JerryTBall said:

> > @matchavez said:

> > Hey @JerryTBall the BP are stock d2... I agree in that you get the shaft and grip you need.

>

> Yep my blueprint were D2, I cannot argue with the 410’s four iron carry 210! Straight.

Actually I just weighed your old set and they are D-0. Im thinking of sending them back to Ping to see if they can change the SW to D2.

> @golfinguru11 said:

> This must be some kind of sick joke. Went to hit my test 7 iron blueprint one more time before selling it, and there’s SOMETHING LOOSE IN THE SHAFT. It shipped direct from Ping last week. I was wondering why there was so much vibration when I first hit it, this is why. Any clue what it is? The loose piece is fairly heavy.... could it be that the heel weight came loose? Or simply epoxy? This is probably enough to make me stay away from Ping for a while, despite the fact that I enjoyed the club. A $1600 iron set that falls apart after a week just isn’t acceptable.

Pull the grip and check out what the piece is, since you say it is heavy, it may be a tip weight but thats not a part of the iron at all.....tip weights normally have collars so they don't slip into the shaft but its the only thing I can think of.....Epoxy is relatively light so I don't think that would be it. I am super curious !

> @golfinguru11 said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > This must be some kind of sick joke. Went to hit my test 7 iron blueprint one more time before selling it, and there’s SOMETHING LOOSE IN THE SHAFT. It shipped direct from Ping last week. I was wondering why there was so much vibration when I first hit it, this is why. Any clue what it is? The loose piece is fairly heavy.... could it be that the heel weight came loose? This is probably enough to make me stay away from Ping for a long while, despite the fact that I enjoyed the club. A $1600 iron set that falls apart after a week just isn’t acceptable. Absolute joke.

> > I’d go ahead and take a chill pill, then go ahead and have PING fix the club for free. Inconvenient? Yes. Rare? Yes. Happens to every club maker? Absolutely.

> >

> >

>

> If what you say is true it is certainly bad luck on Ping’s part. Had 4 different iron sets over 15 years (titleist, Mizuno and miura), never once had something loose in the shaft before. It’s happened once or twice in wood heads but never irons. The fact that it shipped direct from the factory last week makes me question quality control.

Every single day, on this site, I read complaints like yours about every manufacturer. It sucks, but it just happens. No manufacturer has 100% quality control.

It’s the same story every time, that “this has never happened to me before” and “I’ll never use them again”.

• Like 2

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @golfinguru11 said:

> This must be some kind of sick joke. Went to hit my test 7 iron blueprint one more time before selling it, and there’s SOMETHING LOOSE IN THE SHAFT. It shipped direct from Ping last week. I was wondering why there was so much vibration when I first hit it, this is why. Any clue what it is? The loose piece is fairly heavy.... could it be that the heel weight came loose? Or simply epoxy? This is probably enough to make me stay away from Ping for a while, despite the fact that I enjoyed the club. A $1600 iron set that falls apart after a week just isn’t acceptable.

Maybe a hosel weight. Send them all back for a warranty check, then sell what you get back from them.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @puresurfr said:

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @Rcush said:

> > > What did u get?

> > > > @cz13X4 said:

> > > > Love them but def need a different shaft. Will pass the deal along.

> > >

> > >

> > He bought the set that I had, which was the three iron, five iron through pitching wedge with the dynamic gold 105 stiff shafts, they are black dot but the lie was increased to 1 1/2° so that would have to be set back if you need standard lie. I ordered a new set of irons and I had the same shaft put in from paying that I have in all my other irons which is the project X LZ, standard length 5.5 stiff hard stepped one time . One day I’m gonna try the blueprint with that shaft and if it works out I may re-buy a set.

> >

>

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @matchavez said:

> > > Hey @JerryTBall the BP are stock d2... I agree in that you get the shaft and grip you need.

> >

> > Yep my blueprint were D2, I cannot argue with the 410’s four iron carry 210! Straight.

>

>

> Actually I just weighed your old set and they are D-0. Im thinking of sending them back to Ping to see if they can change the SW to D2.

I think they’d have to just change out the toe weight? Just had my club maker reshaft my BPs with i110s. I usually play longer irons at D2 and short irons at D3. Now they’re D1 and D2 because of the constant weight shafts. No too noticeable for 1 as point less, probably because overall weight is higher than my cb57s with i95s. I’m not surprised the seller ordered at D2 and got D0 because my standard black dot lies were all over place. Had almost every club adjusted.

> @puresurfr said:

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @Rcush said:

> > > What did u get?

> > > > @cz13X4 said:

> > >

> > >

> > He bought the set that I had, which was the three iron, five iron through pitching wedge with the dynamic gold 105 stiff shafts, they are black dot but the lie was increased to 1 1/2° so that would have to be set back if you need standard lie. I ordered a new set of irons and I had the same shaft put in from paying that I have in all my other irons which is the project X LZ, standard length 5.5 stiff hard stepped one time . One day I’m gonna try the blueprint with that shaft and if it works out I may re-buy a set.

> >

>

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @matchavez said:

> > > Hey @JerryTBall the BP are stock d2... I agree in that you get the shaft and grip you need.

> >

> > Yep my blueprint were D2, I cannot argue with the 410’s four iron carry 210! Straight.

>

>

> Actually I just weighed your old set and they are D-0. Im thinking of sending them back to Ping to see if they can change the SW to D2.

Thank you, actually I never weighed them myself, my guys weighed them while I was talking and looking at stuff, hopefully ping will get them to D2 for you. On a side note, and maybe cause I’m not on tour, it’s that raised eyebrow look, come on Jerry 0,2, it’s not going be that noticeable!

Meanwhile we had to bend my 410s yesterday 2° towards the flat side, as a test we ordered them upright (blue) and we bent them even more upright, but seems I’m pretty much a standard guy, so I hope this will take care of my pulls to the left. Used my z Forged yesterday, pured them. LOL, But couldn’t get out of shop without being told “got Epic Forged coming, you’ll love them!”

I just wanted to add one other thought. if you order your clubs directly from the manufacturer as I do, and you give them all the specifics, I want this grip I want that shaft and don’t mention the loft or swing weight adjustment, I suppose they’re making them to the specs that make them playable for the way they’re building the club? If it happens to come out at D0 D2, I’m I wrong here? D2 or D3 would ship only because The customer preference ? I figured they just make them whatever swing weight after they put them together that make them playable with whatever machine they use to test, like a robot that swings a six iron 85 miles an hour ?

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> Every single day, on this site, I read complaints like yours about every manufacturer. It sucks, but it just happens. No manufacturer has 100% quality control.

>

> It’s the same story every time, that “this has never happened to me before” and “I’ll never use them again”.

>

I know you’ll probably laugh at the analogy, but 20 years of cooking in the Navy you’re the best cook in the world until you make that one bad meal and then they never let you live it down, it’s just human nature I guess. Speaking of which I need to go down to the local Mexican restaurant this weekend and tell them instead of dropping them, I’ll help them make a taco salad the correct way instead of making it look like a soup ina nacho bowl . ?

> @puresurfr said:

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @Rcush said:

> > > What did u get?

> > > > @cz13X4 said:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > > @matchavez said:

> >

>

>

Why not just lead tape? Whole lot cheaper than sending back to PIng

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @revanant said:

> So, I’ve hit the Blueprint 7 iron twice on a sim. Both times, I got very high launch. Around 23 to 24 degrees. Spin was also high—at one point, I hit 8k with the 7i.

>

> Anyone else finding the Blueprint has a very high ballflight?

>

> If I were to really look into a set, I think I’d have to power spec to bring down the launch and spin a bit.

I am *really* not a fan of delofting a club to bring down launch or spin, it's a product of thinking of clubs in terms of club numbers. The 7i is 34*. If you hit the shot too high with too much spin for a 34* club, you'll still be hitting it too high with too much spin for a 32* club. You just feel differently about it because of the number on the bottom of the club.

Loft still determines distance, not an arbitrary stamping on the sole. :)

I'd look to checking if there's a better shaft fit, instead. Or, just accepting that particular iron design is not a good fit for your swing.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors