2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @bladehunter said:

> Checking back in.

>

> Still the best iron I’ve ever held. Lol

>

> Serious statement. Averaged my GIR for the last 40 days, including a state am qualifier , a 3 day county championship and weekly big dogfight events and my average per competition round has gone up a full point. Now that’s mb to mb. So I’m not claiming forgiveness at all. What I do claim is perfect feel and balance as well as ridiculous amount of confidence . Just perfect behind the ball.

Give me a number, not a story

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

The 7 and 8 irons had the xp115 x100's dropped in today as well. The 6 felt quite a bit better with the xp115 vs dg s400. More "kicky" and an even higher flight. Swing weight dropped a titch - which is fine as I started so heavy

Holding to do 9i until Ping gets me a heavier toe weight for it

So far, leaving the PW s400 I think .. to match the 50 and 54 and 60

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Checking back in.

> >

> > Still the best iron I’ve ever held. Lol

> >

> > Serious statement. Averaged my GIR for the last 40 days, including a state am qualifier , a 3 day county championship and weekly big dogfight events and my average per competition round has gone up a full point. Now that’s mb to mb. So I’m not claiming forgiveness at all. What I do claim is perfect feel and balance as well as ridiculous amount of confidence . Just perfect behind the ball.

>

> Give me a number, not a story

>

Lol. Well. We won’t go into detail on the qualifier or the county tournament. Short version is I finished T40 in the county. ( out of 116 or so) One bad round and only 3 birdie putts made in 3 days ( all in same round ). But I hit 43 of 54 greens. 17 of which came on Saturday. So it was only putter i struggled with. State qualifier was same story. Shot 81 with a double bogey on 18.... didn’t make anything all day. 73 and ties got in. One bad swing with driver and no putts.

I have a couple more up my sleeve this year though. And putter is being worked out. Shot 69 Saturday at home to win the Saturday dogfight. Putter showing signs of improving. But really just hit it that clean . One day soon it will all work.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Checking back in.

> > >

> > > Still the best iron I’ve ever held. Lol

> > >

> > > Serious statement. Averaged my GIR for the last 40 days, including a state am qualifier , a 3 day county championship and weekly big dogfight events and my average per competition round has gone up a full point. Now that’s mb to mb. So I’m not claiming forgiveness at all. What I do claim is perfect feel and balance as well as ridiculous amount of confidence . Just perfect behind the ball.

> >

> > Give me a number, not a story

> >

>

> Lol. Well. We won’t go into detail on the qualifier or the county tournament. Short version is I finished T40 in the county. ( out of 116 or so) One bad round and only 3 birdie putts made in 3 days ( all in same round ). But I hit 43 of 54 greens. 17 of which came on Saturday. So it was only putter i struggled with. State qualifier was same story. Shot 81 with a double bogey on 18.... didn’t make anything all day. 73 and ties got in. One bad swing with driver and no putts.

>

> I have a couple more up my sleeve this year though. And putter is being worked out. Shot 69 Saturday at home to win the Saturday dogfight. Putter showing signs of improving. But really just hit it that clean . One day soon it will all work.

Sounds like a 410LST and a Vault putter may be in order. It's not the irons clearly

I'm hitting 11-14 greens every round with these "blades"

Nobody will like this but these suckers encourage you to put a good pass on it

• Like 1

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> The 7 and 8 irons had the xp115 x100's dropped in today as well. The 6 felt quite a bit better with the xp115 vs dg s400. More "kicky" and an even higher flight. Swing weight dropped a titch - which is fine as I started so heavy

> Holding to do 9i until Ping gets me a heavier toe weight for it

> So far, leaving the PW s400 I think .. to match the 50 and 54 and 60

>

Do you just ask them to send you a toe weight or do you go through a local retailer?

I messed around with them again today to help warm up for my never ending 3 Wood search (so far TS2 seems the winner with the F9 Tour in a close second) at my PGASS which has a PW, 7, and 4 iron. I really think I might do the combo set with my iBlades because these just feel so good and give me all the numbers I want to see in an iron. Not sure I can pull that off financially till they hit the BST, but every time I hit them I fall more in love. Might just do a 8-P combo since that’s financially doable.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> I messed around with them again today to help warm up for my never ending 3 Wood search (so far TS2 seems the winner with the F9 Tour in a close second) at my PGASS which has a PW, 7, and 4 iron. I really think I might do the combo set with my iBlades because these just feel so good and give me all the numbers I want to see in an iron. Not sure I can pull that off financially till they hit the BST, but every time I hit them I fall more in love. Might just do a 8-P combo since that’s financially doable.

There's a lot more that's financially doable if you stop fapping around over 3-woods. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

> @matchavez said:

> (Please don't flame this - I use Windows, Macs, and Linux all ****> @GolfChannel said:

> > I messed around with them again today to help warm up for my never ending 3 Wood search (so far TS2 seems the winner with the F9 Tour in a close second) at my PGASS which has a PW, 7, and 4 iron. I really think I might do the combo set with my iBlades because these just feel so good and give me all the numbers I want to see in an iron. Not sure I can pull that off financially till they hit the BST, but every time I hit them I fall more in love. Might just do a 8-P combo since that’s financially doable.

>

> There's a lot more that's financially doable if you stop fapping around over 3-woods. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

The 3-wood will do more for my scores than the Blueprints. I like to focus on my needs before my wants.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @matchavez said:

> I'm not sure why you didn't return it to your point of sale... Ping neither sells nor returns clubs - that's up to the retail point. I'd suggest you pay equal attention to the retailer's policies, because I'm pretty darn sure that if you contact, e.g. Mizuno directly, they're unlikely to offer you a refund in the same scenario.

>

> You said different weighted heads, not weight sorting. However, if you require a 4g hosel weight and you think it's ok to weight sort to the degree that you can find a *head* that comes in on the 4g heavy side, I'd be wondering a lot about the manufacturing process. In other words, you're going to get a hosel weight. Should a hosel weight come undone? Of course not. However I think you're really getting angry with the wrong situation. If you want a refund, talk to the point-of-sale. That's always been the case. If they don't offer refunds, that's a buying choice you make. If you just bought them, they might take your warranty-repaired club back at 90% credit, and if you're cool, they'll probably give you 10% off the Mizzys. That's been my experience with US retailers, so I am assuming that's your situation, but I don't know. The point is that you have fired off your guns in the wrong direction. I hope you get better service next time from whatever brand you choose, but focus on a relationship with your end sale retailer - they are the people that can help.

“If you require 4g hosel weights”

Dude I ordered it standard swingweight, -1/4” with a modus 120 shaft. There’s no excuse for hosel weights in a pretty much standard club. Also that’s just not true, Mizuno mostly doesn’t use them. They, along with nearly every other brand, sell direct to consumer. Ping is the only one that does not, I suppose to help retailers.

The design of these is on point but the quality is simply not there. Barely forged, overpriced, hosel weighted. Many of you here swear by them so I’ll leave this thread be.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

Mizuno mostly doesn’t use hosel weights? I’ve never owned at set of Mizuno that didn’t have lead weights in the shaft tip in the whole set. I’m talking 20+ sets over the years with the absolute worst being a limited edition MP-100 set that had 2 gram to 8 gram throughout the set. The only set I ever got with no tip (hosel) weights was a TN-87 set from the AustralAsian tour.. This was discovered when I changed shafts in sets but more often than not was because an iron or more didn’t feel right so pulled the head only to discover a very large weight. A fitter friend of mine used to refer to them as a no scrap company...use every head regardless..

• Like 2

> @gambit said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > The 7 and 8 irons had the xp115 x100's dropped in today as well. The 6 felt quite a bit better with the xp115 vs dg s400. More "kicky" and an even higher flight. Swing weight dropped a titch - which is fine as I started so heavy

> > Holding to do 9i until Ping gets me a heavier toe weight for it

> > So far, leaving the PW s400 I think .. to match the 50 and 54 and 60

> >

>

> Do you just ask them to send you a toe weight or do you go through a local retailer?

I'm dealing with Ping and my club on a group email, my 9i came in two points light

EvnRoll ER9

The xp115 x100's are amazing in these irons. Great match. 120g weight is perfect

To the guys talking about heel weight plugs. I don't get it. My clubs are pretty much heavier than anyones and in re-shafting the 6 and 7 and 8 so far there have been none. That being said mine are heavy and over-length

EvnRoll ER9

Couldn’t resist demo the blue print 7 iron again, this time against the 919T and MP18MB (6 iron); all in the S300 120 shafts.

What I have concluded with the BP was that it was the least forgiving and lesser feeling of the three but, it launched at least a full degree and at times, two degrees more than the 919T.

Also, spun a full 3 hundred rpm more than the 919T, yet has the same carry distances and obviously more more stopping power.

A great debut for the BP. For those who need a little more height and spin, I would recommend trying out the BP.

THEY HAVE ARRIVED!

5 through PW orange dot, with limited edition KBS c taper black 125 Stiff +, SST pure, and golf pride BCT cord grips.

Even ordered the glide forged wedge with dancing ping man, and the ping man etched in. All with Boyd Blade & Ferrule "Dark Father" ferules! I couldn't be happier!

The window these things hit are so perfect. Everything I was looking for!!

az60mywrqm0j.jpeg

t816tjtjmnfx.jpeg

q0ugo7hukns6.jpeg

eucjraupbnfy.jpeg

5dqrzkb2enn5.jpeg

md5v9uzzkt01.jpeg

x0mq4mufkeqv.jpeg

yro3m24e8zp9.jpeg

fcxk764on9az.jpeg

m9sjfjfx7fdp.jpeg

npyryy672ae3.jpeg

bdbo8n2ua661.jpeg

wrjz5h7txc4x.jpeg

74wsfdpcu9iu.jpeg

we6guizovdbc.jpeg

u0udf2rxt2qe.jpeg

wv69qma2myyw.jpeg

• Like 3

70 tonite in league

Bogeys on opening two holes ... then 5 birdies and a skanky bogey on our easiest hole

13 GIR ... @bladehunter .... show me some numbers

Irons on point again ... really getting into a blueprints groove

EvnRoll ER9

Who put the ferrules on ?

EvnRoll ER9

> @YoungJedi said:

> THEY HAVE ARRIVED!

> 5 through PW orange dot, with limited edition KBS c taper black 125 Stiff +, SST pure, and golf pride BCT cord grips.

> Even ordered the glide forged wedge with dancing ping man, and the ping man etched in. All with Boyd Blade & Ferrule "Dark Father" ferules! I couldn't be happier!

>

> The window these things hit are so perfect. Everything I was looking for!!

>

> az60mywrqm0j.jpeg

> t816tjtjmnfx.jpeg

> q0ugo7hukns6.jpeg

> eucjraupbnfy.jpeg

> 5dqrzkb2enn5.jpeg

> md5v9uzzkt01.jpeg

> x0mq4mufkeqv.jpeg

> yro3m24e8zp9.jpeg

> fcxk764on9az.jpeg

> m9sjfjfx7fdp.jpeg

> npyryy672ae3.jpeg

> bdbo8n2ua661.jpeg

> wrjz5h7txc4x.jpeg

> 74wsfdpcu9iu.jpeg

> we6guizovdbc.jpeg

> u0udf2rxt2qe.jpeg

> wv69qma2myyw.jpeg

>

>

>

>

Even though they are the wrong way around they still look beautiful!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

> @cardoustie said:

> 70 tonite in league

> Bogeys on opening two holes ... then 5 birdies and a skanky bogey on our easiest hole

> 13 GIR ... @bladehunter .... show me some numbers

> Irons on point again ... really getting into a blueprints groove

Awesome man. Numbers ? Lol. My approach stats are really good. Always have been. Every time I mention them in relation to scoring /putting it triggers someone into calling me names. Lol supposedly you can’t hit it as good as I do and not score well each time out. Whatever. Guys on tv do it. Not sure why It’s odd for me to do it.

The 69 last Saturday I described started with a tee ball OB double bogey on the first hole. Birdies on 3-4-5 to get to 1 under and turned in 35. Then birdied 10 13 and missed a 3 1/2 footer ( wasn’t 4 I stepped it ) on 18 for birdie. So minus the owning double and making the putt on 18 were talking a 66 minimum. I say that because 1 is a reachable par 5 im used to birdies on. I hit 14 greens. I’m now averaging 14.4 greens a round. Now I will say that I can fluctuate. On a bad day I’ll hit 9-10 Great day like two Saturday’s ago at the county am I hit 17.

All that said to say. That’s why I’m now working on putter a couple hours a day. Time to stop wasting these looks . I’m averaging 34 putts a round. I want to be sub 30. Sub 30 putts and my handicap would drop 2 points into plus territory.. it’s doable. For a couple years my obvious Achilles was driver. Worked all last winter on making driver my favorite club. I’ll hit it anywhere now.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

28 putts last night

Crazy thing is that last night they had a putting contest before the league started

It was a 12 foot putt with a gate 18" out . Gate not much wider than the ball, maybe 2 balls wide. I hit the gate on 5 of 7 rolls. We had 30 caps passing 5 putts in a row thru the middle and me - as a deuce - could not manage it. Crazy, I am a "s l u t t y putter" to quote my friends, but this gate was like an optical nightmare I could not overcome.

I score when I make a min of 3 birdies and I keep the driver down the pipe. I know - Stephen Hawing level stuff. But when you have no more than 8 iron into every par 4, the game is easy. And, tbh, most of the time it's one of my four wedges

I feel like I can score as well as I did in the early 90's when I played university golf again

I used my "older" driver as well G400 vs the 410. If my back could heal and I could practice my short game I am sure I could get back to scratch

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> 28 putts last night

> Crazy thing is that last night they had a putting contest before the league started

> It was a 12 foot putt with a gate 18" out . Gate not much wider than the ball, maybe 2 balls wide. I hit the gate on 5 of 7 rolls. We had 30 caps passing 5 putts in a row thru the middle and me - as a deuce - could not manage it. Crazy, I am a "s l u t t y putter" to quote my friends, but this gate was like an optical nightmare I could not overcome.

> I score when I make a min of 3 birdies and I keep the driver down the pipe. I know - Stephen Hawing level stuff. But when you have no more than 8 iron into every par 4, the game is easy. And, tbh, most of the time it's one of my four wedges

> I feel like I can score as well as I did in the early 90's when I played university golf again

> I used my "older" driver as well G400 vs the 410. If my back could heal and I could practice my short game I am sure I could get back to scratch

I absolutely understand. My putting has been described as the “ bipolar hot chick “. Either on and fun or off and crazy.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Did the blade lovers thread build an extension in here or something? Get a room, sheesh ;-)

Anyhoo, I did a search and didn't get a result, but do we know the head weight of these vs the S55s or i210s?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> The 69 last Saturday I described started with a tee ball OB double bogey on the first hole. Birdies on 3-4-5 to get to 1 under and turned in 35. Then birdied 10 13 and missed a 3 1/2 footer ( wasn’t 4 I stepped it ) on 18 for birdie. So minus the owning double and making the putt on 18 were talking a 66 minimum. I say that because 1 is a reachable par 5 im used to birdies on. I hit 14 greens. I’m now averaging 14.4 greens a round. Now I will say that I can fluctuate. On a bad day I’ll hit 9-10 Great day like two Saturday’s ago at the county am I hit 17.

>

> All that said to say. That’s why I’m now working on putter a couple hours a day. Time to stop wasting these looks . I’m averaging 34 putts a round. I want to be sub 30. Sub 30 putts and my handicap would drop 2 points into plus territory.. it’s doable. For a couple years my obvious Achilles was driver. Worked all last winter on making driver my favorite club. I’ll hit it anywhere now.

I also hit 69 once. Then I regrouped and teed #10 ???.

Sorry I didn’t resist. I enjoyed your biggest d*contest anyway

Lol. Can’t a guy gush over his new squeeze without criticism? Funny how people misconstrue comments because they don’t know the two guys talking. Cardoustie knows what time it is. And knows I’m agreeing with him , not one upping.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

C'mon Ping! Going on a month now since my order and still no clubs. I'm using this as an exercise in patience, but I'm getting itchy.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom