Visual evidence of hit impulse?

> @chigolfer1 said:

> > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > Here is a swing of mine when I’m just swinging in a way that feels much more natural and free.

> >

> >

>

> Not sure what this is meant to show but it's the same issues, just in a full swing.

Not the same. Club in totally different spots at p2 and p3.

> @glk said:

> Your hands/arms don't work in enough on the takeaway - at shaft parallel your hands are outside your toes but should be over your foot. Your are rotating your arms to the right instead of using your pivot to have them get the club back - arms will rotate in backswing but not until after P2 - > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > Here is a swing of mine when I’m just swinging in a way that feels much more natural and free.

> >

> >

>

> Same thing hands too far out. The alignment stick drill is the go to for working on getting the hands more in then up without early rotating the arms.

What is the alignment stick drill?

@glk @MonteScheinblum @iteachgolf

Ok here’s another swing focusing on more body pivot and getting hands more in... also more left hand flexon. I appreciate you guys I’ve been searching for answers for many years and I feel like this could be really big for me. Thank you for looking and your feedback. Just trying to get going the right direction.

“Pivot and more left hand flexion”

I feel like the fast twitch muscles of your arms/hands are taking over in the transition, especially the right. You should let gravity take control of them as your core unwinds and your arms just guide the path, not force the club down, and then supplement the swing with them at the right moment. My instructor told me to think of it like this, the core movements in a swing are your supper and the fast twitch arm muscles are the dessert. You have to eat in order.

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > Here is a swing of mine when I’m just swinging in a way that feels much more natural and free.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not sure what this is meant to show but it's the same issues, just in a full swing.

>

> Not the same. Club in totally different spots at p2 and p3.

>

>

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> @glk @MonteScheinblum @iteachgolf

>

> Ok here’s another swing focusing on more body pivot and getting hands more in... also more left hand flexon. I appreciate you guys I’ve been searching for answers for many years and I feel like this could be really big for me. Thank you for looking and your feedback. Just trying to get going the right direction.

>

> “Pivot and more left hand flexion”

>

A good check point is at P2, want hands to be over the foot. Need to learn to use pivot to get the hands in and started up and use wrist set to get the club up - some straight right arm to hip high with a good wrist set mixed in with the alignment stick drill . https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/791161/get-your-arm-swing-and-pivot-in-sync/p1 Can also think keeping the right forearm above the left. Need quiet arms. Going to feel very different since you are used to rotating. Going to have to "think" about it and do slo mo drills - not necessarily extremely slow. To me it feels like a loop - in reality it's just the club head falling behind my hands. Another thing that helps is to start down with the arms pulling along the shaft not down - to me it's like I'm trying to throw the club behind me or getting the hands away from my head/shoulder versus down - if I pull down I get narrow and poor strikes are more likely - some say quiver pull - so what ever might work for you - pulling down definitely will cause the arms to react and steepen when they are already rotated - just the way body works. Another extreme would be to do the Wolff swing - great exaggeration for changing pattern - Martin Chuck has this video and though you don't do exactly what the guy in the video does, the drill he does is an extreme of delayed arm rotation. The swing the guy makes at the 4:40 mark is money.

a lesson with iteach or Monte goes a long way - online or in person.

Golf's hard.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

@glk

“Need to learn to use pivot to get the hands in and started up and use wrist set to get the club up”

When you say this, do you mean pivot should get the hands in and started up alone? And after that the wrist set gets the club going up?

Is the shaft plane rod I use still a good tool to use?

From the top to P6 you're still extending instead of flexing. Face flies open and you have to stall/flip from there to get it square. The first time you get the face to a place that makes your brain realize it has to make your hips and shoulders open up (like if you threw a golf ball underhand or sidearm into that net with speed) will be an epiphany for you. I think you're confusing flexion as a wrist set/backswing move rather than as a transition/downswing dynamic. The left wrist can be in extension going back as long as it goes into flexion in transition. You are taking it back "flat" (which is also fine) but then going into extension in the downswing when it needs to do the opposite.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

no comment on the backswing....but looks to be little weight shift forward and even less turn or rotation in hips in the downswing.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> @glk

>

> “Need to learn to use pivot to get the hands in and started up and use wrist set to get the club up”

>

> When you say this, do you mean pivot should get the hands in and started up alone? And after that the wrist set gets the club going up?

>

> Is the shaft plane rod I use still a good tool to use?

The arms are quiet through the takeaway - they stay close to your body - the combo of left side bend and rotation takes them back and should bring your hands over your right foot by the time they reach your right thigh - you don't need to do anything with them - at that point you do some right wrist extension and a bit of pronation - get into that shaking hands position at p2 with shaft parallel - from there more rotation and right wrist extension along with the right arm folding. To me the feel is my left arm is lined up with my shoulder and the continued angled rotation of the torso/hips along with the right arm folding brings the club up - feels like I'm throwing the club up via my pivot - the idea of throwing a bucket of water over your right shoulder. I get it to somewhere between 10:30-11:00 at best - hard to overswing and you get great width - though if you over fold the elbow then all bets are off. Feels like the club stays in front of you the whole time - though it does work some across - it's just works more up.

Can see this in the iteach instagram, at least the positions, feels are going to be individual - worth pausing at different points. Just pausing it a foot in you can see how his club head is already working inside versus you where you club head is still on line with the ball when it reaches the end of the mat - then by shaft parallel his hands are over his foot just at the end of his shoelaces and you have them outside your toes. Then at the top he has good depth with his hands just at the back of his heel and you finally have your hands over the end of your shoelaces (where he was at P2) so you don't have enough depth (and you look to do an arm lift and maybe over fold the right arm - losing width and making it hard to get your arms back down in synch with your lower body - and setting up a steep downswing which is a typical reaction when having too little depth

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @DFinch said:

> From the top to P6 you're still extending instead of flexing. Face flies open and you have to stall/flip from there to get it square. The first time you get the face to a place that makes your brain realize it has to make your hips and shoulders open up (like if you threw a golf ball underhand or sidearm into that net with speed) will be an epiphany for you. I think you're confusing flexion as a wrist set/backswing move rather than as a transition/downswing dynamic. The left wrist can be in extension going back as long as it goes into flexion in transition. You are taking it back "flat" (which is also fine) but then going into extension in the downswing when it needs to do the opposite.

>

Are you referring to my wrist action primarily correct? I need more flexion in left wrist from the top to impact? Reading that right?

Lots of stuff thrown at you - me, I'd get a face on to go with this dtl (looks pretty recent) and for $50-$75 iteach or monte would give you a much more focused improvement plan.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @iteachgolf said:

> Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

>

> And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

That's what I'm looking for! Been wondering what the goal is as far as how much depth is needed, i.e. over or even behind your heels. Thanks.

> @iteachgolf said:

> Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

>

> And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

You are referring to my most recent video right?

Not sure I can get more depth without turning flatter in my pivot. I have to turn pretty steep to keep club on the shaft plane to p2. I guess I can try to reach further behind me after p2.

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

> >

> > And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

>

> You are referring to my most recent video right?

>

> Not sure I can get more depth without turning flatter in my pivot. I have to turn pretty steep to keep club on the shaft plane to p2. I guess I can try to reach further behind me after p2.

You definitely can. You don't have to turn flatter in your pivot.

> @iteachgolf said:

>

Dan question for you. His lack of depth at top of swing means his hands can only really move straight down, which contributes to the steepening of the shaft. If he had more depth, his hands could move more out, toward the ball, which would help lay the shaft down. Is this somewhat correct?

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

> >

> > And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

>

> You are referring to my most recent video right?

>

> Not sure I can get more depth without turning flatter in my pivot. I have to turn pretty steep to keep club on the shaft plane to p2. I guess I can try to reach further behind me after p2.

As iteach said it when is important how you get depth - getting the arms working more in via pivot gets you depth early versus swinging flat later.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

> @TMoakley1547 said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> >

>

> Dan question for you. His lack of depth at top of swing means his hands can only really move straight down, which contributes to the steepening of the shaft. If he had more depth, his hands could move more out, toward the ball, which would help lay the shaft down. Is this somewhat correct?

Correct

Made the mistake of playing the video with the volume up.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > @DFinch said:

> > From the top to P6 you're still extending instead of flexing. Face flies open and you have to stall/flip from there to get it square. The first time you get the face to a place that makes your brain realize it has to make your hips and shoulders open up (like if you threw a golf ball underhand or sidearm into that net with speed) will be an epiphany for you. I think you're confusing flexion as a wrist set/backswing move rather than as a transition/downswing dynamic. The left wrist can be in extension going back as long as it goes into flexion in transition. You are taking it back "flat" (which is also fine) but then going into extension in the downswing when it needs to do the opposite.

> >

>

> Are you referring to my wrist action primarily correct? I need more flexion in left wrist from the top to impact? Reading that right?

Yes. You might prefer to feel it in your right wrist, which means more extension in that wrist (shoot your spiderman web at the camera).

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Just for reference before this year I played around 100 with some better rounds sprinkled in over the years. I’ve played a lot more this year and I’m sitting at a 14.6 with about 7-8 rounds imputed thus far. Really hoping that if I focus on some of these things I can get myself down more. Just need to keep it in play off the tee more!

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @TMoakley1547 said:

> > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

> > >

> > > And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

> >

> > Dan question for you. His lack of depth at top of swing means his hands can only really move straight down, which contributes to the steepening of the shaft. If he had more depth, his hands could move more out, toward the ball, which would help lay the shaft down. Is this somewhat correct?

>

> Correct

Another question for you Dan, if you don't mind. The OP is really standing up alot through the shot. Looks like his head might raise 3+ inches. What is causing that? It doesn't matter what swing video he posted. It's the same on all of them.

> @b_f_c_99 said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > > @TMoakley1547 said:

> > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

> > > >

> > > > And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

> > >

> > > Dan question for you. His lack of depth at top of swing means his hands can only really move straight down, which contributes to the steepening of the shaft. If he had more depth, his hands could move more out, toward the ball, which would help lay the shaft down. Is this somewhat correct?

> >

> > Correct

>

> Another question for you Dan, if you don't mind. The OP is really standing up alot through the shot. Looks like his head might raise 3+ inches. What is causing that? It doesn't matter what swing video he posted. It's the same on all of them.

He’d break his wrist if he didn’t. Standing up is a shallowing move that he has to do to make up for the backswing issues

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @b_f_c_99 said:

> > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > @TMoakley1547 said:

> > > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

> > > > >

> > > > > And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

> > > >

> > > > Dan question for you. His lack of depth at top of swing means his hands can only really move straight down, which contributes to the steepening of the shaft. If he had more depth, his hands could move more out, toward the ball, which would help lay the shaft down. Is this somewhat correct?

> > >

> > > Correct

> >

> > Another question for you Dan, if you don't mind. The OP is really standing up alot through the shot. Looks like his head might raise 3+ inches. What is causing that? It doesn't matter what swing video he posted. It's the same on all of them.

>

> He’d break his wrist if he didn’t. Standing up is a shallowing move that he has to do to make up for the backswing issues

So based on the last video... do you feel my main priority should be achieving more depth at the top?

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > > @b_f_c_99 said:

> > > > > @TMoakley1547 said:

> > > > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > > Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

> > > > >

> > > > > Dan question for you. His lack of depth at top of swing means his hands can only really move straight down, which contributes to the steepening of the shaft. If he had more depth, his hands could move more out, toward the ball, which would help lay the shaft down. Is this somewhat correct?

> > > >

> > > > Correct

> > >

> > > Another question for you Dan, if you don't mind. The OP is really standing up alot through the shot. Looks like his head might raise 3+ inches. What is causing that? It doesn't matter what swing video he posted. It's the same on all of them.

> >

> > He’d break his wrist if he didn’t. Standing up is a shallowing move that he has to do to make up for the backswing issues

>

> So based on the last video... do you feel my main priority should be achieving more depth at the top?

>

>

>

As I stated above yes. Should be your only priority

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > > @b_f_c_99 said:

> > > > > @TMoakley1547 said:

> > > > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > > Still need a lot more depth. Get hands over or even behind your heels at the top of the swing

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And it is the same flaws as the short swing. Full swing just exaggerates your tendencies

> > > > >

> > > > > Dan question for you. His lack of depth at top of swing means his hands can only really move straight down, which contributes to the steepening of the shaft. If he had more depth, his hands could move more out, toward the ball, which would help lay the shaft down. Is this somewhat correct?

> > > >

> > > > Correct

> > >

> > > Another question for you Dan, if you don't mind. The OP is really standing up alot through the shot. Looks like his head might raise 3+ inches. What is causing that? It doesn't matter what swing video he posted. It's the same on all of them.

> >

> > He’d break his wrist if he didn’t. Standing up is a shallowing move that he has to do to make up for the backswing issues

>

> So based on the last video... do you feel my main priority should be achieving more depth at the top?

>

>

>

Most newbies, myself included, struggle with the wrist-roll takeaway, sucking the club too far inside with too much depth, either getting stuck and hitting a block or coming over the top to compensate. Looks like you have the opposite problem and could use a little more of that sort of action.

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff (44.5")

Fairway: Ping G410 SFT 3W w/ Ping Alta CB 65 Stiff

Hybrids: Titleist 818 H1 3H/4H w/ Aldila Rogue Black 85 Stiff

Irons: Ping i210 5i-UW w/ Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff (+0.5"/1.5* upright)

Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 54 SS / 58 ES w/ Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge Flex

Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy (35")