2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

Could you give some swing info? Just curious because I am undecided between getting a stiff or x-stiff. Thanks!

I don't have launch monitor numbers...I don't really worry about them much. I prefer to just let real world results dictate my decisions...just seems to work for me. :)

My driver swing speed is probably in the 108-115 range...but it's been a while since I checked it. The last time I got measured was with a 6 iron....and I was stiff and not warmed up and was around 88-92. If you read the thread...you'll see that due to the fact that the Cobra head is so heavy, and that the shaft does not insert very deeply into the head....that whatever shaft you choose, it will play softer. So if you are a stiff guy usually....you will likely be fine with an X...depending on your speed of course.

I hope that helps!

RIDE

I finally found one on eBay from somebody who will ship to Australia... it's "slightly used" but that's cool with me.

It's an L4V X with a shaft I'm not sure about... I think it's the stock X flex Diamana shaft. Not sure though.

I also pulled the trigger on 60X Protopype shaft to put in there... theory being the heavier head combined with my swing speed needs a jump in stiffness. We'll see, I guess.

It'll be interesting to compare to my 905T, which has treated me very well for a few years.

All I have to do now is wait for it to get here... I hate waiting! :)

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

So i have been reading this and it seems White board or proto are the way to go in this baby. My Swing Speed was measured at 105 and my misses are usually high fades or even slices when i try to hammer it. Am playing off 11 and really want to take my game to the next level. I am not sure which way to go between these two shafts and which one will be more accessible and cheaper and which flex Stiff or X

I Live in Australia in a small state called Tasmania and we dont have a lot of places so i reckon i will be getting it from the net. Just want to know which one will be best for me or the best chance for me.

So i have been reading this and it seems White board or proto are the way to go in this baby. My Swing Speed was measured at 105 and my misses are usually high fades or even slices when i try to hammer it. Am playing off 11 and really want to take my game to the next level. I am not sure which way to go between these two shafts and which one will be more accessible and cheaper and which flex Stiff or X

I Live in Australia in a small state called Tasmania and we dont have a lot of places so i reckon i will be getting it from the net. Just want to know which one will be best for me or the best chance for me.

My thoughts would be to possibly look at the F if your misses are to the right. The X has been reported mostly open and that might be a worry, apparently even the F is square to a tad open in most cases. I am 97 ss and swing short and fast. The stiff in the F 9* was very accurate but spinning a bit much in on course try out. Incredibly accurate. I too miss right a bit off the tee and the F head seemed to have draw bias, a good thing in my case. Tho accurate i'd really like to hit it with something much more stable than the stock mock redboard. They are reported soft to flex and i wonder if both you and i could try the stock shaft in X. If and when i get one i think it will be in X flex if i get one with the standard shaft. Try that then get a Pype if needed.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

My thoughts would be to possibly look at the F if your misses are to the right. The X has been reported mostly open and that might be a worry, apparently even the F is square to a tad open in most cases. I am 97 ss and swing short and fast. The stiff in the F 9* was very accurate but spinning a bit much in on course try out. Incredibly accurate. I too miss right a bit off the tee and the F head seemed to have draw bias, a good thing in my case. Tho accurate i'd really like to hit it with something much more stable than the stock mock redboard. They are reported soft to flex and i wonder if both you and i could try the stock shaft in X. If and when i get one i think it will be in X flex if i get one with the standard shaft. Try that then get a Pype if needed.

I just purchased a stock L4V 9 X in a Redboard X stiffness on eBay. I tried the Stiff and it spun to much for me around 2700 to 3200. Which is not terrible, but would like to get around 2100 to 2600. The club should arrive on Tuesday and I i'll go test it on Wednesday. I figured I would try an X stiffness first. If the spin doesn't come down or if it was to stiff I would then look at other alternatives. My SS speed is around 105 to 110.

Just a note, I did try the F version because this one shop didn't have an X. Its not a DRAW version club, I thought it setup square to me, but for some reason the redboard in that F is way loose compared to the X. I was spinning it at around 4000. If you have a tendency to fade it I would try the F first. The X is definitely open, but you need to order with a different shaft or replace it because the stock is terrible for a 105 SS.

Thanks i think i only fade it because of the shaft i am using is so damn whippy. Its a NVS with the soft tip in it. I love to power up but am just a little inconsistent from round to round. I tried out the other cobra the other day with the yellow stiff speeder in it and was melting the hell out of it on the range when i was getting my speed etc done on the monitor. However when i got out on the course i think my swing just went to pfffffff trying to put it into regions i hadnt been into before.

What shaft is the best guys for the upgrade the proto, whiteboard or what??

Ok, here is my deal, this is THE Longest driver I have ever hit. I have it shafted at D4-D5 basically D4.5 with a Whiteboard 73X untipped at 44.75. I am hitting ridiculous drives in places I have never been yet the driver does not get the height I want it to get maybe 1 out of 4 drives, should I go to a Whiteboard 63X I have at about D3 or D4, or do I throw a Protopype 60 Stiff untipped in this head? I am not being super picky, just not used to my driver being quite so heavy, will not go left, I hit a 3-5 yard cut or dead straight, I find a block every now and then and I think its b/c of the SW........

My L4V X is the longest driver I have hit as well. But I am having some issues with getting the face square at impact that I did not have with my previous driver. So I hitting stronger fades and bigger slices than I used to. My driver swing weight is up at D8. When I had the Protopype 60 S installed, I purpose left the shaft 1/2" just in case I needed to tip it. Anyway, my previous driver had a D3.5 swing weight. Could the higher swing weight make it more difficult to close the face at impact?

Swing speed is ~105MPH...

Thanks,

Scott

My L4V X is the longest driver I have hit as well. But I am having some issues with getting the face square at impact that I did not have with my previous driver. So I hitting stronger fades and bigger slices than I used to. My driver swing weight is up at D8. When I had the Protopype 60 S installed, I purpose left the shaft 1/2" just in case I needed to tip it. Anyway, my previous driver had a D3.5 swing weight. Could the higher swing weight make it more difficult to close the face at impact?

Swing speed is ~105MPH...

Thanks,

Scott

Scott we have about the exact same dilema and swing speed, I think the SW is messing with me, I have to get use to it, but I am definately gonna reshaft with the Whiteboard 63X versus the 73X and see what unfolds.......

I'm going to pull the trigger on an L4V today and am still torn between the F and X. I am planning on reshafting with either a Whiteboard or a Protopype. I am mainly torn between the F and X due to loft. The X is only available in 9* and I ususally prefer 10*. I ave hit the X with the stock Redboard and it was ok, but similar to most others experiences (too whippy).

I am concerned about how much these shafts will lower the launch and may be a bit more comfortable go with 10* but would love some advice. Here are the stats from my last fitting session:

AVG SS - 104.2

In/Out path - 3.3*

Up/Down Path - 4.9*

Ball Speed - 154.8

Launch Angle - 15.58

Back Spin - 2583

Average Carry - 252.5 yds

Average Roll - 12.6 yds

These numbers were produced using a Taylor Made R7 425 10.5* fitting club, stiff stcok TM shaft in a Taylor Made MATT room.

Thanks for your advice!

I'm going to pull the trigger on an L4V today and am still torn between the F and X. I am planning on reshafting with either a Whiteboard or a Protopype. I am mainly torn between the F and X due to loft. The X is only available in 9* and I ususally prefer 10*. I ave hit the X with the stock Redboard and it was ok, but similar to most others experiences (too whippy).

I am concerned about how much these shafts will lower the launch and may be a bit more comfortable go with 10* but would love some advice. Here are the stats from my last fitting session:

AVG SS - 104.2

In/Out path - 3.3*

Up/Down Path - 4.9*

Ball Speed - 154.8

Launch Angle - 15.58

Back Spin - 2583

Average Carry - 252.5 yds

Average Roll - 12.6 yds

These numbers were produced using a Taylor Made R7 425 10.5* fitting club, stiff stcok TM shaft in a Taylor Made MATT room.

Thanks for your advice!

I would go with the 9 degree. Your LA is a little too high plus most have said the loft is closer to 10 on many 9's too.

Pype, 45 1/4" untipped to leave room for adjustment...

Welcome to the fray man.......hey daughters...

I think the WB had you written all over it!! ;) JK of course.

;) :cheesy: :cheesy: is exactly right. It just wasn't a match made in KOOL-AID heaven. :D .

I wanted to do everything to make it work. It's was just, not for ME. I know

this club has transformed a few guys' games. That's great. I got other clubs on the

horizon. And the WB thing, it wouldn't have mattered for ME. Now i'm just hoping

307golf likes the KOOL-AID. :)

What do you guys think of putting a Xcon-5 shaft in a L4V, F, 9 degrees. I don't have a high swing speed (SS-90 to 96) and I typically hit the ball fairly low. I understand this head produces alot of spin but the Xcon-5 is supposed to reduce spin so I don't know if I'm cancelling out the traits I need or not.

Any input would be appreciated!!

I'm ready to sip the kool aid but need a little guidance...

Does the L4V with the stock shaft launch similar to the LD? Or a Speed Pro S with the Speeder?

I normally need a 10.5 driver, however I hit the 9* LD and a 9.5 Speed pro S on a great trajectory. The 9.5 speed pro D with the Proto I hit too low.

I expect I will have to change shafts, but should I get a 9* or 10* head.

I know the whiteboard and pype lower spin but do they lower launch as well?? if they do I am thinking I should go with a 10*

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's time for some UPDATES for those of you who've had the L4V's for a while. Shaft changes, results, etc... Several stated that they'd post their results and we haven't heard from you.

Thanks,

307golf

I've done two...I'm up for another LM session, now that the PYPE is in mine now. Just don't know if it's in the cards this week though...we'll see how my schedule works out. I just want some warm weather...LM's are okay...but I prefer feedback that I get from seeing the actual ball flight. sterb132.gif SNOW & COLD!!!

What do you guys think of putting a Xcon-5 shaft in a L4V, F, 9 degrees. I don't have a high swing speed (SS-90 to 96) and I typically hit the ball fairly low. I understand this head produces alot of spin but the Xcon-5 is supposed to reduce spin so I don't know if I'm cancelling out the traits I need or not.

Any input would be appreciated!!

just like every other Ozik on the planet it will hit it WAY TOO HIGH, the only shaft they have that I dont hit to the moon is the TP-7x, therefore try a Diamana White or Blue, or a Protopype 60 Stiff and dont tip it........

I ordered a nice tall glass of Robo L4V Kool-Aid today! I just need a shaft for it. I think I may go PM 702. Can't decide between it and the Pype.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

I've played most of the Oziks and really like a few of them (mid spin/mid launch guy) but I agree they are higher launching shafts across the board.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I've played most of the Oziks and really like a few of them (mid spin/mid launch guy) but I agree they are higher launching shafts across the board.

COMPLETELY AGREE !!!!!!!!!! ... I am NOT saying I don't like the Ozik product ... but they are all fairly high launchers ... There might be afew that are low compared other Oziks ... but they are NOT low launching vs the industry standard

That being said ... I just built a L4VX with a TP-7X .... FREAKING MONEY so far .... and I do have one with an XXX flex Altus at 44 inches that is pretty pimp !!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said ... I just built a L4VX with a TP-7X .... FREAKING MONEY so far .... and I do have one with an XXX flex Altus at 44 inches that is pretty pimp !!!!!!!!!!!!

ROBO, bringing the triple X heat, what does that launch like?...Holy Moley!

Kindest regards, Shawnee

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

COMPLETELY AGREE !!!!!!!!!! ... I am NOT saying I don't like the Ozik product ... but they are all fairly high launchers ... There might be afew that are low compared other Oziks ... but they are NOT low launching vs the industry standard

Whhhhaat?? You mean you didn't put your TP-7X in another Dutter? ;)

I would LOVE to try a XXX Altus in a L4V X, let me know how that one pans out. On a side note Robo, have you tried a L4V with a House of Forged shaft yet?

Ai Smoke TD Max 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus TR Black 7

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

Been playing around a bit, and swapped out my PM702 X for a BB Solution 130 tipped 1". Holy bejesus is this thing long! I think I was actually getting too little spin with the PM702. I believe the BB profile is spot on with the Ozik Code 7...not sure on the launch characteristics of the Code, but this combo is just ridiculous.

Hopefully the kool aid stays sweet!