2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

[quote name='bulletbob' post='867379' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:44 PM'][quote name='sawmillphil' post='867354' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:28 PM'][quote name='bulletbob' post='867340' date='Jan 16 2008, 10:20 PM']I referred to it as "Robopti's kool aid" in my post back on Jan. 4th referring to this head. I think I deserve some credit for that term[/quote]

bulletbob, you owe me $7.95 for dry cleaning. I spilt a whole bunch of it on my shirt... :(
Good to hear you're hitting it well.
[/quote]

No prob Phil, do you accept paypal? So far so good. Have you had a chance to hit yours yet? My only problem is that I keep wondering is there a better shaft to pair it with? I've never been good at leaving well enough alone :)

[/quote]

Bob, yes I accept paypal. :stinker: No, I haven't hit mine yet. It is in the stages of being built. Hopefully, I'll have it by the end of the month. That seems to be the key with this club, (and any club for that matter) finding the correct shaft.

[quote name='shawnee' post='867260' date='Jan 16 2008, 08:24 PM']Where is ROBO?...the Jim Jones (URL for you young uns':[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones"]Jim Jones Wikipedia Link[/url] -- See it even looks like ROBO, just teasin' Bro!) of the COBRA LOVE that is spreading, the Purveyor of THE KOOL - AIDE... my true story, bought this club sight unseen from a fellow Wrx member, threw my Whiteboard that was in my TM Burner TP and now have the straightest, funnest rocket launcher on earth. [b]This driver is wicked Sick! [/b]

Set up: Whiteboard 63X @ 44.5

Kindest regards, Shawnee[/quote]

I am here :) .... Still my main Big Dog ..... Been traveling a bit lately ... I am growing INCREASINGLY inrritated by the efforts of [b][i]some[/b][/i] to difuse the effective of the driver. I have been biting my tongue to a degree - but I am getting tired of ALL OF US who actually see the results being called wrong - it's getting old - but luckily Wrx has the open mind

LOVE reading everyone's results - HIT EM BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am here :) .... Still my main Big Dog ..... Been traveling a bit lately ... I am growing INCREASINGLY inrritated by the efforts of [b][i]some[/b][/i] to difuse the effective of the driver. I have been biting my tongue to a degree - but I am getting tired of ALL OF US who actually see the results being called wrong - it's getting old - but luckily Wrx has the open mind

LOVE reading everyone's results - HIT EM BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I have had my L4V-f 9* for about 2 weeks. It is definitely much longer and launches higher than my existing Titty 905R with V2. The stock shaft is OK and Long but I can't step on it.

I have always liked the V2 shaft.

Rob, did I read somewhere that you had the UST MOI in one of these? What did you think? Was it the old MOI or the HMOI?

I have been following this post and I am intrigued by all the positive postings about this driver. I have been having problems with my G10 10.5 Pershing S. I was an idiot and ordered this combo without being able to hit it.
I got back on the TrackMan and I was spinning the ball around 3100-3400 rpm's at a 10* Launch angle. The fitter recommended reshafting with a VS Proto 70 S. After reading these post I thought why not get this club with the proper setup rather than reshafting my G10?

Has anyone compared the two?

My only concern would be it only comes in the F series(left-handed) and what would be a good combo for me.

SS 109
Ball Speed 162
Launch Angle 10*-12*
Spin Rates 3100-3400

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:clapping::cheesy:;):rofl::rofl:

[quote name='skitoolong' post='868050' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:53 AM']I'm still liking mine!

[attachment=208347:robojones.jpg][/quote]

ROTFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro ... I am LITERALLY sitting at my desk CRYING ....... OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!

skit .... For whatever it's worth .... YOU MADE MY DAY

TOO GOOD

[quote name='ROBOPTI' post='868192' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:17 AM']:clapping::cheesy:;):rofl::rofl:

[quote name='skitoolong' post='868050' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:53 AM']I'm still liking mine!

[attachment=208347:robojones.jpg][/quote]

ROTFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro ... I am LITERALLY sitting at my desk CRYING ....... OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!

skit .... For whatever it's worth .... YOU MADE MY DAY

TOO GOOD
[/quote]

Cool.

Sometimes I crack myself up. Few appreciate my sometimes demented sense of humor. Glad you liked it.

L4V-X
Accra SC-65 X-flex 47"

When I picked up the club there was no information about the swing weight from Cobra. After all the posts I had been pretty concerned about this combination being too heavy. On the course it and in hand it felt fine and a tad lighter than the Speed Pro D. I just found out from Cobra that the L4V SW is D3 which is slightly less than the Speed Pro @D4. I am going to take it in and have it checked independently just to be sure though. Most likely I will be trimming the butt or tip a little to so that should cut down the SW a bit too just to make me feel better. The Accra shaft is feels so solid and the dispersion is insane w/ this head. Damn......'must fight urge to leave work and play golf...........must fight urge............."

[quote name='Freedom' post='867917' date='Jan 17 2008, 07:23 AM']Any sub 100 SS L4V-r's using the Whiteboard in a stiff?
I just bought another L4V/F 9* (looking to lower the spin from my current combo currently @ 4200-3800) and wanted to know how this is working.
I'm thinking of putting a Whiteboard in either the 10* or 9*.

Thanks
- Jason[/quote]

Jason, I've played the WB since my swing was right around 100 with no problem. Remember that the insertion depth in the L4V is shorter than normal so you'll want to tip any shaft that you put in so it can play true to flex and you'll get less spin with it. The WB is sammmmooooth like butta even though it has a stiff tip and will feel smoother than your 757 which BTW is a higher spinning shaft than the others being mentioned for this head.

[quote name='big_jess' post='868286' date='Jan 17 2008, 01:23 PM'][quote name='Freedom' post='867917' date='Jan 17 2008, 07:23 AM']Any sub 100 SS L4V-r's using the Whiteboard in a stiff?
I just bought another L4V/F 9* (looking to lower the spin from my current combo currently @ 4200-3800) and wanted to know how this is working.
I'm thinking of putting a Whiteboard in either the 10* or 9*.

Thanks
- Jason[/quote]

Jason, I've played the WB since my swing was right around 100 with no problem. Remember that the insertion depth in the L4V is shorter than normal so you'll want to tip any shaft that you put in so it can play true to flex and you'll get less spin with it. The WB is sammmmooooth like butta even though it has a stiff tip and will feel smoother than your 757 which BTW is a higher spinning shaft than the others being mentioned for this head.
[/quote]

Big Jess, Thanx.
I'll definitely hunt one down to give it a try.

[quote name='golfware' post='868362' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:59 PM'][quote name='bozworth' post='868349' date='Jan 17 2008, 11:56 AM']Excuse my ignorance, but was is a WB?[/quote]

WB = Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard. High launch, lowest spining version of the Diamana series.
[/quote]

Actually, the whiteboard is the LOW launch, LOW spin version for Diamana.

[quote name='mkb3245' post='868385' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:13 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='868362' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:59 PM'][quote name='bozworth' post='868349' date='Jan 17 2008, 11:56 AM']Excuse my ignorance, but was is a WB?[/quote]

WB = Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard. High launch, lowest spining version of the Diamana series.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Slightly off-topic, but I thought the Blueboard was the low launch, low spin... while the Redboard was the highest launch w/ highest spin

[quote name='golfware' post='868406' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:24 PM'][quote name='mkb3245' post='868385' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:13 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='868362' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:59 PM'][quote name='bozworth' post='868349' date='Jan 17 2008, 11:56 AM']Excuse my ignorance, but was is a WB?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Slightly off-topic, but I thought the Blueboard was the low launch, low spin... while the Redboard was the highest launch w/ highest spin
[/quote]

Whiteboard is low launch like the Blueboard, but more anti-left and has a softer butt section to retain "feel".

[quote name='golfware' post='868406' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:24 PM'][quote name='mkb3245' post='868385' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:13 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='868362' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:59 PM'][quote name='bozworth' post='868349' date='Jan 17 2008, 11:56 AM']Excuse my ignorance, but was is a WB?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct on the red being highes launch, highest spin. The Blue would be the next in the category....kinda in the middle -- Mid launch, mid spin......The White is lowest launching, lowest spinning. Of course there can be different results for different people....but, in general, these are the characteristics of these shafts.

[quote name='mkb3245' post='868543' date='Jan 17 2008, 01:52 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='868406' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:24 PM'][quote name='mkb3245' post='868385' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:13 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='868362' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:59 PM'][quote name='bozworth' post='868349' date='Jan 17 2008, 11:56 AM']Excuse my ignorance, but was is a WB?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct on the red being highes launch, highest spin. The Blue would be the next in the category....kinda in the middle -- Mid launch, mid spin......The White is lowest launching, lowest spinning. Of course there can be different results for different people....but, in general, these are the characteristics of these shafts.
[/quote]

Yup, the blue is actually higher spinning than people think because TW uses it but the white has the stiffest tip and also a stiff midsection yet feels smooth because of the softer butt section and even thought it's a board so to speak, it doesn't feel like one. That's why it is a good combo in the L4V. The head is already a high launch head so you don't need to give it more trajectory thus the low trajectory, stiff tip shafts work well in the head.

[quote name='big_jess' post='868663' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:53 PM'][quote name='mkb3245' post='868543' date='Jan 17 2008, 01:52 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='868406' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:24 PM'][quote name='mkb3245' post='868385' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:13 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='868362' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:59 PM'][quote name='bozworth' post='868349' date='Jan 17 2008, 11:56 AM']Excuse my ignorance, but was is a WB?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yup, the blue is actually higher spinning than people think because TW uses it but the white has the stiffest tip and also a stiff midsection yet feels smooth because of the softer butt section and even thought it's a board so to speak, it doesn't feel like one. That's why it is a good combo in the L4V. The head is already a high launch head so you don't need to give it more trajectory thus the low trajectory, stiff tip shafts work well in the head.
[/quote]

Excellent post. That's great information....

I wonder why the PM 702 and the Protopype work so well...