Where are all the 2 woods?

Myherobobhope

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > Yeah, it would be helpful for me, I just found it interesting how little people hit driver on the course over the course of the tournament... and, honestly, they didn't hit the hybrids or 3 woods much straighter...

> > >

> > > What were their ultimate scores like?

> >

> > Not great, bob.

> >

> > It was an interesting few rounds and I played awful... ironically one of the things I walked away with was confidence in my decision to hit driver.

> >

> > The two wood idea is built off my inability to get it done off the tee. Partially me hitting it well and gong through fairways.

>

> Have you looked at the Scott Fawcett stuff? I bet you'd like it.

I looked at it a little... Seems like he is focused on minimizing risk, which would probably be great for my golf game (and overall life) but something I struggle with innately. Ironically, part of the reason I want a good 2 wood option is so I can get more aggressive on places I CAN'T hit driver. If I find the right fit, it will allow me to more consistently have a shot in at 2 of the par fives on the back 9.

For a couple of other holes, driver just doesn't make sense from a strategy stand point, but I don't love my three wood off the tee. My goal is to have a wedge in my hand on all the par fours at my home course, and if I'm driving the ball well, it's very possible.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @JAMH03 said:

> > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > Yeah, it would be helpful for me, I just found it interesting how little people hit driver on the course over the course of the tournament... and, honestly, they didn't hit the hybrids or 3 woods much straighter...

> > > >

> > > > What were their ultimate scores like?

> > >

> > > Not great, bob.

> > >

> > > It was an interesting few rounds and I played awful... ironically one of the things I walked away with was confidence in my decision to hit driver.

> > >

> > > The two wood idea is built off my inability to get it done off the tee. Partially me hitting it well and gong through fairways.

> >

> > Have you looked at the Scott Fawcett stuff? I bet you'd like it.

>

> I looked at it a little... Seems like he is focused on minimizing risk, which would probably be great for my golf game (and overall life) but something I struggle with innately. Ironically, part of the reason I want a good 2 wood option is so I can get more aggressive on places I CAN'T hit driver. If I find the right fit, it will allow me to more consistently have a shot in at 2 of the par fives on the back 9.

>

> For a couple of other holes, driver just doesn't make sense from a strategy stand point, but I don't love my three wood off the tee. My goal is to have a wedge in my hand on all the par fours at my home course, and if I'm driving the ball well, it's very possible.

Yeah we should keep talking about this because that's not what I understand from Scott Fawcett at all. I've got Broadies' book in the car right now as I need to return it to the library. But I more so think that what Decade golf is talking about is that Broadie has given us expectations for score from different coordinates on the course. So let's maximize our chances of shooting the lowest scores by respecting those.

Then that would fit your idea perfectly in terms of what other clubs be they "Thriver" 2wood, 3+ 3wood etc, might get you into those positions.

Far be it from me to try to take your whooping stick out of your mitts @Myherobobhope but... it would be nice to see actual answers vs guessed at ones.

How that might impact what you're doing and searching for is that I entirely agree with you, Fawcet, Dave Pelz, and Mark Broadie (if he said the same thing IDK ) That most of us can expect to have a cone of dispersion. So I would think this fits what you want to do very well. But I'm strongly inclined towards measuring or at least "pseudo" measuring and guesstimating what that fit might be.

And that's the beauty of all of this tech we have available to us and the braintrust that is GolfWRX.

If we looked at those holes, we could probs get some really useful ideas about how far would be ideal for the way you want to play the course. Then we could work back from there to figure out which specs might fit best? So in spite of maybe some others thinking you need to be more cautious.

Life is short. Keep your whooping stick, name it Mjolnir make birdies have a blast!

![](https://www.bing.com/th?id=OGC.16c81ac23e884636041a8ec5a2a5bf75&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fstatic.comicvine.com%2fuploads%2foriginal%2f11111%2f111118857%2f4358513-thor%2blightning%2b2.gif&ehk=BCrAaZFsVpS88GykW6jTuQ "")

5gjc8c6l8bd5.png

I ended up picking up a 13.5* Taylormade Original One. I like the shaft length being close to my 2 wood was (.25" longer) , but a larger head size (275cc). It inspires confidence off the tee and is easier to hit than the previous 2 wood was. I had lofted it down to 11.5* on the sim, but once I hit the range - the 13.5* setting seemed to lead to better ball flight. So far, I think this Pittsburgh Persimmon is a winner!

I'm not playing a driver, so my next longest club is a 19* hybrid.

> @Myherobobhope said:

>

> For me, my home course has about 6 holes where driver gets me into trouble, but I don't have confidence in my three wood to hit it off the tee... I think I'm going to end up building a 43 inch 14 degree driver and drop my 3 wood. I need something to go 260 yards and not roll out.

This right here! I think 90% of the golfing world could benefit from said club. Of course that is a small intersection with wrx'ers, but I would love to hear the results if you do it.

F9 9.5* at 8* Hazardous Red 13* F7 19* Callaway XR Hybrid 4-GW Mizuno HM Pros 55* Mizuno S5 60* Mizuno S5 STX Sync 3 45" Snell MTB Yellow

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > > > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > > > > Yeah, it would be helpful for me, I just found it interesting how little people hit driver on the course over the course of the tournament... and, honestly, they didn't hit the hybrids or 3 woods much straighter...

> > > > >

> > > > > What were their ultimate scores like?

> > > >

> > > > Not great, bob.

> > > >

> > > > It was an interesting few rounds and I played awful... ironically one of the things I walked away with was confidence in my decision to hit driver.

> > > >

> > > > The two wood idea is built off my inability to get it done off the tee. Partially me hitting it well and gong through fairways.

> > >

> > > Have you looked at the Scott Fawcett stuff? I bet you'd like it.

> >

> > I looked at it a little... Seems like he is focused on minimizing risk, which would probably be great for my golf game (and overall life) but something I struggle with innately. Ironically, part of the reason I want a good 2 wood option is so I can get more aggressive on places I CAN'T hit driver. If I find the right fit, it will allow me to more consistently have a shot in at 2 of the par fives on the back 9.

> >

> > For a couple of other holes, driver just doesn't make sense from a strategy stand point, but I don't love my three wood off the tee. My goal is to have a wedge in my hand on all the par fours at my home course, and if I'm driving the ball well, it's very possible.

>

> Yeah we should keep talking about this because that's not what I understand from Scott Fawcett at all. I've got Broadies' book in the car right now as I need to return it to the library. But I more so think that what Decade golf is talking about is that Broadie has given us expectations for score from different coordinates on the course. So let's maximize our chances of shooting the lowest scores by respecting those.

>

> Then that would fit your idea perfectly in terms of what other clubs be they "Thriver" 2wood, 3+ 3wood etc, might get you into those positions.

>

> Far be it from me to try to take your whooping stick out of your mitts @Myherobobhope but... it would be nice to see actual answers vs guessed at ones.

>

> How that might impact what you're doing and searching for is that I entirely agree with you, Fawcet, Dave Pelz, and Mark Broadie (if he said the same thing IDK ) That most of us can expect to have a cone of dispersion. So I would think this fits what you want to do very well. But I'm strongly inclined towards measuring or at least "pseudo" measuring and guesstimating what that fit might be.

>

> And that's the beauty of all of this tech we have available to us and the braintrust that is GolfWRX.

>

> If we looked at those holes, we could probs get some really useful ideas about how far would be ideal for the way you want to play the course. Then we could work back from there to figure out which specs might fit best? So in spite of maybe some others thinking you need to be more cautious.

> Life is short. Keep your whooping stick, name it Mjolnir make birdies have a blast!

>

>

>

> ![](https://www.bing.com/th?id=OGC.16c81ac23e884636041a8ec5a2a5bf75&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fstatic.comicvine.com%2fuploads%2foriginal%2f11111%2f111118857%2f4358513-thor%2blightning%2b2.gif&ehk=BCrAaZFsVpS88GykW6jTuQ "")

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> 5gjc8c6l8bd5.png

>

>

>

Interesting. I will have to dig further in. I love Pelz's stuff, but haven't read anything from him since the Short Game bible. Anything you recommend picking up?

I've had the good fortune of playing my home course ALOT this summer, and think I have a decent overall battle plan, but I might be failing to make adjustments to my strategy after my initial shot (ie hitting it at a flag from the rough).

If you are curious and want to see my home course it's here, I play from the white at 6680 most of the time.

https://www.huntingcreekcc.com/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?NS=GOLF&DN=SCORECARD

The only odd strategy I have is on 6 where I aim at a tree and hope that it doesn't hit it! (it's my least favorite hole on the course, you can either play safe and have a blind shot up a hill from 300 yards or put it in the rough on the right side and have 230 in with a good drive)

I should probably focus more on hitting fairways on 1, 5, 9, 11, 13, 15 and 16. Hence the 2 wood experiment.

Need to give the Original One a go...

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

@Myherobobhope Seems like a fun project!

I was just messing around on Google Earth I looked at your hole #1 and marked off distances at 200 and 250 from the center of the back tee? Seems promising if time consuming. There has to be an easier way to do this. But it's fascinating. Do these distances seem at all in the ball park?

I think I did 25 yard variance at 200 and 38 at 250 with no idea of how accurate that might be. Fun but needs work.

lso97yjf7jdi.png

86ox32d7b67l.png

> @JAMH03 said:

> @Myherobobhope Seems like a fun project!

>

> I was just messing around on Google Earth I looked at your hole #1 and marked off distances at 200 and 250 from the center of the back tee? Seems promising if time consuming. There has to be an easier way to do this. But it's fascinating. Do these distances seem at all in the ball park?

>

> I think I did 25 yard variance at 200 and 38 at 250 with no idea of how accurate that might be. Fun but needs work.

>

>

> lso97yjf7jdi.png

>

> 86ox32d7b67l.png

>

>

That is awesome work. How did you figure out the distances?

From the white tees, I’ve been bombing driver over the trees and hoping the tree by the green isn’t in my way... it’s not a great strategy.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I’d say you are within 10% on the distances, btw... also, I’m an idiot and have a yardage book.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

legzbw19twkt.jpg

That’s from the back of the tee box.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @calfan36 said:

> Why not a higher lofted driver played at shorter length? You said it yourself, the bigger head is easier. So what's the point of a smaller head?

Versatility. If I pull my three wood, I will be out of luck on anything over 235.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

First off, I LOVE my 2w. It's a 12° TEE Exotics e8 beta and it occupies the D & Fw spot in my minimal/Sunday/walking bag. It is my 2nd favorite fw wood ever, only behind my current gamer.

2nd @Myherobobhope , since you obviously have the distance, sending your tee shot (with whatever club you can carry the bunker with) on hole #1 over the corner on that hole clearly looks to be the play.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

> @JAMH03 said:

> @Myherobobhope Seems like a fun project!

>

> I was just messing around on Google Earth I looked at your hole #1 and marked off distances at 200 and 250 from the center of the back tee? Seems promising if time consuming. There has to be an easier way to do this. But it's fascinating. Do these distances seem at all in the ball park?

>

> I think I did 25 yard variance at 200 and 38 at 250 with no idea of how accurate that might be. Fun but needs work.

>

>

> lso97yjf7jdi.png

>

> 86ox32d7b67l.png

>

>

Teach us how to do this...please

> @dcopp7 said:

> > @JAMH03 said:

> > @Myherobobhope Seems like a fun project!

> >

> > I was just messing around on Google Earth I looked at your hole #1 and marked off distances at 200 and 250 from the center of the back tee? Seems promising if time consuming. There has to be an easier way to do this. But it's fascinating. Do these distances seem at all in the ball park?

> >

> > I think I did 25 yard variance at 200 and 38 at 250 with no idea of how accurate that might be. Fun but needs work.

> >

> >

> > lso97yjf7jdi.png

> >

> > 86ox32d7b67l.png

> >

> >

>

> Teach us how to do this...please

Technology is great isn't it :)

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

@calfan36 said:

> Why not a higher lofted driver played at shorter length? You said it yourself, the bigger head is easier. So what's the point of a smaller head?

Why not a higher lofted shorter driver? Spin, distance and wind. More spin and higher launch equal much less distance (compared to your correctly lofted driver). The bigger problem; it's like a 7 or 9 wood into the wind.

Why a smaller head aka the Original One Mini Driver? Spin, launch, distance, wind and dispersion. The spin and launch are both very low for the loft on this club.

I play a course that plays almost entirely up and downwind. Nothing crazy windy, 8-12, 10-15 on average. It still plays to a club to a club and a half difference. Into the wind my mini is a winner over the driver. 10 yards shorter on great shots, but longer overall, because the mishits tend to roll out further. Downwind the driver wins hands down (plus 20-30yds), that is if I hit a good one.

Which brings us to my last point, dispersion. A pull hook is my miss and that general means into the trees, down a canyon or just plain short with the driver. With the Mini, I continued to be amazed that a ball I though was out stayed in play or a duck hook I thought was super short, still rolled out a long ways. The same applies to any missed cuts or double crosses I have along the way. I chalk it up to the smaller lower spin and lower launch head along with the surprise that Twist Face actually works (at least for me).

Bottom line; a moon ball from a 12° driver is not the same as a low bullet from a 13.5° Original One Mini.

> @dcopp7 said:

> > @JAMH03 said:

> > @Myherobobhope Seems like a fun project!

> >

> > I was just messing around on Google Earth I looked at your hole #1 and marked off distances at 200 and 250 from the center of the back tee? Seems promising if time consuming. There has to be an easier way to do this. But it's fascinating. Do these distances seem at all in the ball park?

> >

> > I think I did 25 yard variance at 200 and 38 at 250 with no idea of how accurate that might be. Fun but needs work.

> >

> >

> > lso97yjf7jdi.png

> >

> > 86ox32d7b67l.png

> >

> >

>

> Teach us how to do this...please

I like to use Bluegolf for this sort of thing. Here is my home course.

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/hollytreecctx/holemap.htm?next=overview.htm

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 wood, Tensei AV Blue limited  75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

> @"Dan Drake" said:

> First off, I LOVE my 2w. It's a 12° TEE Exotics e8 beta and it occupies the D & Fw spot in my minimal/Sunday/walking bag. It is my 2nd favorite fw wood ever, only behind my current gamer.

> 2nd @Myherobobhope , since you obviously have the distance, sending your tee shot (with whatever club you can carry the bunker with) on hole #1 over the corner on that hole clearly looks to be the play.

It's the play for sure, but I don't think driver is the best club for it... can easily close myself out on the left and get into trouble on the right... 260 boomed over the corner would be just right.

Spent some time on the range today working on a 3/4 swing driver, but it has a big cut to it right now... needs more practice.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @ChipNRun said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @ChipNRun said:

> > > The KickX brand makes a range of iron sets, woods and hybrids, **along with the botique KickX Tour-Z golf balls, which are popular with several small-college golf teams.**

> > >

> > What college golf teams are those? Especially since the Kick-X golf balls are not on the USGA conforming ball list. Did you simply post old misleading ad copy from Kick-X or are those your "actual" words? ...

> >

> These are my words, paraphrasing info from encounters I had with the Kick X company at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, FL. I had been given a dozen balls by associates who knew the Kick X crowd, and I bought two dozen more myself. KickX was running short on site because, they said, some college golf teams had bought blocs of balls for the upcoming golf season. (My notes don't say which schools they were). Yes, I am aware of the ensuing marketing irregularities involving KickX balls.

>

> In Spring and Summer of 2016, I used KickX golf balls in the local St. Louis MAGA golf events - they were new on the list at the time. I don't know if items can be removed from the approved ball list due to marketing irregularities or not. **I'll contact USGA and ask what happened.** Marketing scams aside, they were good - though somewhat pricey - balls.

>

>

Entries only remain on the conforming ball list for 12 months. After that they need to be resubmitted for conformance testing.

The KickX urethane ball was an off the shelf 3-piece urethane ball produced by Foremost Golf Mfg in Taiwan. Around a dozen marketing companies sold this identical ball with their logo and it ended up being the subject of a lawsuit filed by Acushnet. It still lives on today as the Vice Pro.

> @dcopp7 said:

> > @Mike_C said:

>

> >

> > I like to use Bluegolf for this sort of thing. Here is my home course.

> >

> > https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/hollytreecctx/holemap.htm?next=overview.htm

>

> how do you get to the map view like this ^^^ on that site? My home course is Saginaw Valley Public in Bay City MI

I think you can add it yourself. You have to create an account, but that is free. This page would show you how.

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/saginawvalleypublicg/tour.htm

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 wood, Tensei AV Blue limited  75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

• 2 weeks later...

@Myherobobhope @dcopp7 @Mike_C @ian-500 @"Dan Drake"

Aye fella's sort of took a bit of stay-cation and been away from Golfwrx for the last 2 weeks. I was hoping to hear back on this thread because I thought it was so interesting. It was kind of hard to picture how to play the first hole even with such a good map because it looks like the play really is away from the bunker esp with the tree guarding the green it seems to be pretty significant in some of the other pictures.

I was able to do the map thing on Myhero's hole one on Google earth it's been a project I wanted to try for awhile but I just haven't gotten around to doing it, so this is an opportunity to try again.

What @Mike_C posted looks great if we can add "dispersion cones" to that I can only imagine it's a faster way to go. That was the piece in Google earth that I didn't understand very well. Just doing that one hole on Myheros hole took a while longer than i thought it ought to probably because I'm slow but none the less I would think once we could cut and paste a couple of DC's we'd have what we need to make clear decisions.

Is anyone still working on this? Any updates? I'm as game as ever. Let me know.

b2v0ouuknokm.png

8a0irql4zl4w.png

o4yierd9z8kc.png

44o7h86pl9h1.png

Let me harass my club pro tomorrow and see if I can get full data if you are interested... have a 14 degree Hogan on the way to demo, so we shall see.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

My b-i-l had a Royal Collection TRC Driving Spoon, 11.5 degrees -- that was sweet. Pretty deep face, nice strong trajectory. I had an 11.5 Tour Edge XCG-5 that I hit pretty well, and tried the XCG-6, but that was a little too low spin for me, I had to work too hard to keep it up in the air.

Maltby STw2 10* Tensei Orange Stiff 46.75"
TourSwing Octane 10.5*  TourSwing Vengeance  44.5"
Tour Edge Exotics E8 16.5* 4 wood
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 19* 3 hybrid 
Bridgestone Access VP-02, 6-AW
Inazone EZ-PZ CNC wedge 52* & 60*
LogicalOne Putter

OEM's quit making 2 wood drivers (12'-14') opting to make 12'-14' strong 3 wood's instead, which took off on tour.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

> @Pepperturbo said:

> OEM's quit making 2 wood drivers (12'-14') opting to make 12'-14' strong 3 wood's instead, which took off on tour.

Yeah, it's a weird niche. I haven't loved the new fairway woods i've tried, but have a Hogan in route... will be curious to see if it scratches this particular itch.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @Myherobobhope said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > OEM's quit making 2 wood drivers (12'-14') opting to make 12'-14' strong 3 wood's instead, which took off on tour.

>

> Yeah, it's a weird niche. I haven't loved the new fairway woods i've tried, but have a Hogan in route... will be curious to see if it scratches this particular itch.

Yep weird... Except for Phil.M, tour pros haven't used 2 wood drivers in years. If I recall Callaway makes them. But if nobody wants it on tour OEM's figure consumers won't buy them. Titleist makes a TS2 even old 917D2 in 12* loft. Using sleeve adjustment and keeping the head off the ground and square, I think it could be as much as 14*. Only it's not a small head.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > OEM's quit making 2 wood drivers (12'-14') opting to make 12'-14' strong 3 wood's instead, which took off on tour.

> >

> > Yeah, it's a weird niche. I haven't loved the new fairway woods i've tried, but have a Hogan in route... will be curious to see if it scratches this particular itch.

>

> Yep weird... Except for Phil.M, tour pros haven't used 2 wood drivers in years. If I recall Callaway makes them. But if nobody wants it on tour OEM's figure consumers won't buy them. Titleist makes a TS2 even old 917D2 in 12* loft. Using sleeve adjustment and keeping the head off the ground and square, I think it could be as much as 14*. Only it's not a small head.

I've contemplated this route... buy a popular head in 12 degrees or so and then grab a 3 wood shaft for it... It's not a bad strategy.

The original one by TM basically fits the bill of what I'm looking for... I didn't love it when I demoed it, but didn't get to hit it outside. I think TEE makes something in line with a 2 wood. There are some options... some obscure, some older but popular.

I'm not spending money on this particular experiment this year, and my revisit next year and see if there are some added options.

I do find it interesting that there aren't many 300cc clubs on the market... It makes me wonder why bigger three woods aren't more popular. Maybe it's just an overall sizing issue... I don't know!

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I can confirm that the TM Original One Mini Driver is the answer that you all seek.

275CC head, 43.75" shaft and available in 11.5 and 13.5 degree lofts. You can loft up or down 2 degrees either side of the stated loft on the head.

I had played the Callaway Warbird Deuce as my driver for the first part of the year. Then, I picked up a 13.5* O-O because my local shop did not have an 11.5*. I can say this - I love it! It's a larger head, so its more forgiving off the tee. It's not incredibly easy to launch off the deck, but I have a 19* hybrid I'd rather hit. Also, the flight is penetrating for the loft and it gets great run out.

I'd recommend you pick one up and see how it works for you! I no longer carry a driver.