New Tiger Woods Launch Monitor

On 10/9/2022 at 4:14 AM, thorsness said:

Disregard. Was able to find the answer... appears they jacked the price up from $4000 to $5000.

I've got one I would cut you a deal on.  I bought it about this time last year. Nothing wrong with it, I'm just not using it as much as I thought I would and recently found out we have a kid on the way so could use the money. PM if you're interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to a sales rep today who stated Full Swings indoor sim courses and play is coming to the kit sometime soon. I've got a KIT coming this weekend. Very excited to put it to use. 

• Like 2
  • Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5

my distances seem to be getting more and more off with the latest updates.  When i first got the FSK it was very accurate relative to the distances I normally hit my clubs (I was actually surprised how accurate it was) but the last few times I've used it the carry distances are way off.  Swing speed, ball speed, smash and spin all seem very accurate but the carry distances are far off.  The total distance almost seems like the correct carry distance so I've been kind of just operating that way.

I know I'm using range balls so there are going to be discrepancies but I've been at the same range my entire life, plus I can laser a flag and see it's 130 yards then hit my PW at or past the flag and have the FSK say it went 115 yards.  

In the end, that's not really the reason why I got the FSK but just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issues with the newest updates.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

Just got mine, updated to the 1.17 firmware. Took it out to the range and hit 40 balls. I should have lasered a handful of them to check for accuracy, but everything seemed on point. Love how easy it is to setup, connect and get going. Its also pretty awesome that there is no transfer fee, no crazy fees, awesome customer support. Excited to get the sim up and going in the new house. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 6:29 PM, marmot8 said:

Anyone hear anything further on this? REALLY hoping to have this for the winter months up here in NY.

Checked in with the support team today (and received a response literally within 5 minutes; insanely good customer service!) and was told that normalization is coming in the next update, which will be this month but date is TBD.  Here’s to hoping.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well OP here and wow did this blow up. I just bought a KIT and am pretty excited. I have used it indoors and out and its pretty darn accurate. I have noticed it misses on the spin periodically and comes in with a crazy low number. I cannot wait for normalization and the next update. If they continue to upgrade the unit like they have been this thing is the game changer they said it would be!

• Like 2

Normalization update is tonight

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

30 minutes ago, bigd308la said:

Did anyone get the update?

Yep

Edel PROTO

Can confirm that the update was released. The App / Kit both have the "Normalization" for Altitude (Not yet for Temp, and the only option for Outdoor is Premium ball). In Net / Screen mode there are now options to select a "Premium" ball or a "RCT" ball. Also noticed new icons on the Kit to show whether normalization is on, RCT detection on, and the mode: Net, screen, outdoors, etc. It's a nice touch to visually connect the Kit and App together. Release notes are also published which is nice: https://kitsupport.fullswinggolf.com/hc/en-us/categories/8546036283671

On 12/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, Custom-X said:

Can confirm that the update was released. The App / Kit both have the "Normalization" for Altitude (Not yet for Temp, and the only option for Outdoor is Premium ball). In Net / Screen mode there are now options to select a "Premium" ball or a "RCT" ball. Also noticed new icons on the Kit to show whether normalization is on, RCT detection on, and the mode: Net, screen, outdoors, etc. It's a nice touch to visually connect the Kit and App together. Release notes are also published which is nice: https://kitsupport.fullswinggolf.com/hc/en-us/categories/8546036283671

Has anyone used a RCT on it?

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:21 PM, Custom-X said:

Definitely way more accurate with the Titleist RCT ball enabled via the normalization option in the FSK App. (Net mode, 8' distance setting, with the FSK 10' behind. Not using E6). 

can you compare numbers with an RCT ball vs normal ball?  What did you notice in terms of difference?

Edel PROTO

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys quick question for anyone using the full swing kit launch monitor- had my first session with it today synced to my iPhone so I have the videos on the app. I’m just wondering if they are only viewable on the device you use on the day? I also have the app on my iPad and my session stats have appeared on my iPad but not the videos I just wondered if that was normal? 
bit of a random question but curious to know! Thanks a lot 

On 11/28/2022 at 8:32 AM, Dficem01 said:

Well OP here and wow did this blow up. I just bought a KIT and am pretty excited. I have used it indoors and out and its pretty darn accurate. I have noticed it misses on the spin periodically and comes in with a crazy low number. I cannot wait for normalization and the next update. If they continue to upgrade the unit like they have been this thing is the game changer they said it would be!

OP, do you use it to hit into a net outdoors ever? If so, do you just use regular balls or RCT balls?

Thanks!

For me, I am using the Titleist RCT in to a net. The Net Return Pro is 8’ in front of the ball and the FSK is 10’ behind. I find that the non-RCT (TP5 / TP5X / ProV1 / ProV1X) keep getting missed for my set up, while the RCT (Both ProV1 and ProV1X) is picked up every time. Using a Fiberbuilt Player Preferred 8’x4’ series mat if that helps. Not able to truly use the E6 software since the E6 isn’t RCT tuned at this time. Hope this helps. Not sure of the accuracy between RCT and non-RCT simply because detecting the  non-RCT is unreliable and I really don’t have a way to compare it against something else like a GC3/GC4/Trackman. 

(Indoors at this time due to snow :). But did have the net set up outside prior to the RCT firmware and was hitting off grass. Having said that, my hitting area is “sloped” so between pre-RCT firmware, selection of screen vs net, 8’ and 10’ to net setup, plus sloped surface, the FSK did miss shots. With the pre-RCT firmware, the FSK was flawless at the driving range even with flight reduced balls. Never used a laser to confirm distance. But instructor was impressed with the FSK measurements and visuals of the expected corresponding ball flight characteristics. Very happy with the FSK for my current indoor use case. Have not taken the unit outdoors since the RCT update… too much snow… and all the ranges are closed :). )

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, statepgm said:

Any other rumblings on this? 

Nothing yet. I’ll call soon and ask when we can expect it 

• Like 1

I have a couple of sessions using ours indoors, with the E6 on a screen. I have an Ipad pro, with an HDMI adapter to the projector. I have 10' behind and to the screen. We hit in the dark with a spotlight on the ball.

As far as hooking E6 up and starting to play, it is really easy. I can turn everything on and be hitting balls in about 60 seconds. The E6 software seems fast the lag between hitting and watching the flight is based on how long it takes for FSK to load it up.

As far as general shot shape and distance, it works as expected I can shape shots and they look like I had intended (or not intended).  The distances are pretty much exactly as I expect. The spin numbers are where I would expect as well, but I'm not a super stickler for that as I know some people are, so I don't get worried if the spin looks 1k out of whack if the shot shape matches the feel of it.

FSK does not really read below 30 yards yet, you can sort of game it with a flop shot (i.e. it doesn't read slow swings). So that takes out ability to play courses very well.  Other than that, we haven't had a single missed ball. I hit 110 8i last night trying using the range, cuts and draws, and it was a great practice. I never once thought about the equipment, just hitting balls and my swing. 

I have noticed with my unit, that E6 connects easier to the FSK than the Full Swing App does.

Really looking forward to the FSK upgrades for SIM play and shorter swings. I hope that E6 will add RCT if so, then it will really become a great unit.

The thing I like best is that you can set and align the system in no time, I have right and left handed daughters, and they can take turns with no downtime.  They also can set it up and get going without ever texting me or calling to have something fixed. 

Compared mine to a GC Quad over the weekend. It was in a hitting bay hitting into a range with range mixed range balls. It was dead nuts to the GC Quad- spin was very close, carry was within a yard 99% of the time (only hit 7 ir), aoa, path, face to path, etc. were all within about a quarter of a degree. I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate the data was.

Edited by shanerbanner10
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, shanerbanner10 said:

Compared mine to a GC Quad over the weekend. It was in a hitting bay hitting into a range with range mixed range balls. It was dead nuts to the GC Quad- spin was very close, carry was within a year 99% of the time (only hit 7 ir), aoa, path, face to path, etc. were all within about a quarter of a degree. I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate the data was.

They actually did this at the PGA Show.  They had Full swing, trackman and Quad side by side and the numbers were all indistinguishable.  The days of launch monitors needing to be $20k are over.  Full Swing is one of many units that give users accurate data for under $10K.

• Like 4

Edel PROTO

Update to my post above. When using the E6 for playing courses it has a "short shot" toggle on the E6 screen. It makes the FSK hyper sensitive, like you can't make a practice swing because it will read it as a shot. It only missed one chip last night for 2 players playing 36 holes. If you want to make multiple practice swings you need to do it off to the side.

I never was aware of the option until last night. My daughter told me she had been playing courses and I was like "what about chipping" and she said she was chipping fine.

• Like 2