New Tiger Woods Launch Monitor

On 3/2/2023 at 10:33 AM, Dficem01 said:

Does anyone have an idea if they are going to be adding shorter shots? The shortest I can get is ~25 yards indoor or out. 

I have read a few places that they are going to add it to the FSK app. If you are using E6 indoors it does have short shot mode. I have had it miss 3 or 4 chips over the last week, but you can add loft and hit a little more speed. I don't think it is perfect, but it isn't too bad. It is hard for me to visualize short shots indoors, but I have definitely noticed my chipping has improved.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:35 AM, RmoorePE said:

Update to my post above. When using the E6 for playing courses it has a "short shot" toggle on the E6 screen. It makes the FSK hyper sensitive, like you can't make a practice swing because it will read it as a shot. It only missed one chip last night for 2 players playing 36 holes. If you want to make multiple practice swings you need to do it off to the side.

I never was aware of the option until last night. My daughter told me she had been playing courses and I was like "what about chipping" and she said she was chipping fine.

That option automatically turns on for me when inside 40 ish yards. Works fairly well.

• Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, oks871 said:

Firmware version 1.18? That's the version on mine and the last firmware update listed on the website... I can weather normalize but it says ball normalization is coming soon? Guess I'll have to poke around a bit

Yes you are correct weather normalization is out but not ball normalization which to me is more important. The range at my club does not always have the best range balls. 

Edited by bigd308la
  • Like 1

At this moment with 1.18, in the app selector, the only ball normalization is the selection of either RCT or premium ball. Being able to choose a detailed ball / brand / restricted range, etc. was mentioned to be some thing that is expected to show up in a future update. (But no date was presented when I reached out to their support team a few months ago. My inquiry at that time was in regards to RCT as we were entering winter and our use of the FSK was moving indoors). Hope this info helps, but obviously doesn't fix your use case. 

• Like 1

Next update will be May, not sure if Ball normalization is in it or not.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

On 3/30/2023 at 1:22 PM, bigd308la said:

Any idea what will be in the update?

New summary pages that will look more like trackman so you can compare clubs.  A few other things but honestly forget my conversation with them. 

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, TheGriftKings said:

Any ideas on what the new 1.20 firmware update is about? Checked their site and couldn’t find any release notes.

Really hoping for range ball normalization!

I have reached out to Ryan, their Snr Director of Marketing and he's going to get them to update their website Release Notes. They are busy with the US Open at the moment so may be next week or the next, I am guessing

I have the 1.20 (12) installed. I don't see any changes in the Normalization for the Ball nor the Temperature. The only option for the Ball normalization is either Premium or RCT when you put Sessions as indoor or Net.

@FullSwingSimulators is their rep here on GolfWRX. Other info may be had at this Tour/Pre-Release thread:  GolfWRX/Full Swing Experience

Hope this helps

Edited by SwingBlues

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 7:40 AM, bigd308la said:

Is anyone else having problems with losing connection with the app since the latest update?

I see some disconnection but I think it may be the distance between my iPad and KIT. I also have an issue where I do not get video but I get the numbers only, I think it's related to the disconnection

Latest 1.20(12) release note here on the GolfWRX/Full Swing Experience post

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

2 hours ago, AdExec said:

Had a session today. no disconnects with newest firmware. Didn’t miss a shot. Downside is my country club uses limited flight range balls and the data Im getting off the KIT is semi-useless to me without range ball normalization. Hoping there’s an update for that soon. 

Yowzers, those balls are bad. Better off hitting into a net with the RCT balls.

Also, I would encourage you to visit the Full Swing website and add your request officially:

https://kitsupport.fullswinggolf.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, SouthPawVol said:

How risky is it to look at purchasing a used Full Swing KIT. I see multiple units on eBay in the $2500-4000 range with highly reviewed sellers claiming minimal use. This would be my first launch monitor and it is the one I want, I just dont know how risky saving $1.5K will be. Are warranties still valid etc?

KIT is solidly built, much more than GC3/BLP. What's exposed like the USB-C ports are well protected with a robber/plastic covering. Check the pictures to make sure no external damage like in corners... just the usual due diligence

The firmware is updated all the time

Latest one is 1.20 (12) so check that's installed. Otherwise all you need to do is allow KIT to upgrade.

Warranty is 12 months, no extended warranty AFAIK. Check the purchase date to see what warranty is left.

If it was me, I would buy it used especially for that price

You may want to consider $100 premium membership for the unlimited video storage & other benefits over Basic. Imo that's pretty cheap.

E6 Sim is addional to that as well but it ain't too expensive

I think subscription wise, Full Swing is more affordable compared to others

My 2c. Check out the GolfWRX /Full Swing Experience thread

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JMuller86 said:

Damn...this is my first time seeing this LM and now I am stuck between this and the Uneekor Eye Mini (I previously had the original SkyTrak). The only thing leaning me towards the Eye Mini is the video impact clip. Decisions...decisions!

To throw more confusion 4 u, KIT video records your full swing automatically in 1080p as it reads your shot

Check out that thread by the guys & myself

At the end of the day, it's either a camera based or radar based & whether you are into Sim or not

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2023 at 9:45 PM, SwingBlues said:

Yowzers, those balls are bad. Better off hitting into a net with the RCT balls.

Also, I would encourage you to visit the Full Swing website and add your request officially:

https://kitsupport.fullswinggolf.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Anyone hear of an update re: normalization that would account for limited flight balls?  I've been told "it's coming" for well over a year by the team at @FullSwingSimulators

Has anyone else had connectivity issues recently?  My first couple trips with it worked great but the last couple the app kept freezing and/or disconnecting and then I couldn't change the club for the FSK. 

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

On 8/31/2023 at 9:25 AM, ferrispgm said:

Has anyone else had connectivity issues recently?  My first couple trips with it worked great but the last couple the app kept freezing and/or disconnecting and then I couldn't change the club for the FSK. 

I only use iPad to connect to KIT as I have no iPhone but here's my experience...

I've had issues where the video would not record (everything else works) but that was on my iPad Air 2 (not on the compatible list).

Everything else worked and I rarely lost connection though. Now I am using a 9th Gen iPad and the same issue is occurring there - but I think I get around it by restarting my iPad before I connect to KIT the first time. I don't know if it's the app or the iOS but leaving it on with my home wifi, it does not properly connect to KIT afterwards, at least not the video part. I checked all the settings and everything looks perfect and is a GO but the video portion is never recorded. Or it may be sporadic if it does or doesn't... sigh

We had a situation where my buddy's  1 year old iPad Pro who has the app & account. He had many connection issues like yours. But as soon as we had him restart this iPad, everything was working perfectly with KIT and we never saw another disconnection issue.

So, if you are using an iPad, try restarting the iPad before a session

Hope this helps. Other than that, my KIT is absolutely awesome, really love it

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1