2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New iGolf Neo Model

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I attempted to download the new firmware after upgrading the iSync software I select the option of saving the file but it does not give me an option of saying where to save the file and it is nowhere to be seen. If I now click again on download firmware it tells me I only have one firmware download and I've used it. Have logged support call with them and will wait for a reply as it's middle of the day here and night over in US.

When I attempted to download the new firmware after upgrading the iSync software I select the option of saving the file but it does not give me an option of saying where to save the file and it is nowhere to be seen. If I now click again on download firmware it tells me I only have one firmware download and I've used it. Have logged support call with them and will wait for a reply as it's middle of the day here and night over in US.

What Internet browser did you use to download the updates? If you used Firefox you can find the downloads in C: users\your name\downloads. Other than that do a search of your computer for iGolf_Neo_Firmware_v2.0. Good luck.

What Internet browser did you use to download the updates? If you used Firefox you can find the downloads in C: users\your name\downloads. Other than that do a search of your computer for iGolf_Neo_Firmware_v2.0. Good luck.

I used IE and then searched for any file containing "firmware" but no luck. Will have to wait for support at iGolf to get back to me.

Regards

Neilk

I used IE and then searched for any file containing "firmware" but no luck. Will have to wait for support at iGolf to get back to me.

Regards

Neilk

Just an update to say that Mike Cecchin contacted me even though the support call I sent did not get through. Obviously they monitor this forum. Everything has been sorted out now and I have to say that the few times I've needed assistance from iGolf their customer support has been excellent!! He suggested that I should stay on the older version of iSync which I have used to backup my courses for the upgrade, then rstore them using the same older version after the firmware upgrade. Then upgrade iSync to the latest version and back up the files again. Hope this helps.

Regards

Neilk

Just an update to say that Mike Cecchin contacted me even though the support call I sent did not get through. Obviously they monitor this forum. Everything has been sorted out now and I have to say that the few times I've needed assistance from iGolf their customer support has been excellent!! He suggested that I should stay on the older version of iSync which I have used to backup my courses for the upgrade, then rstore them using the same older version after the firmware upgrade. Then upgrade iSync to the latest version and back up the files again. Hope this helps.

One feature of the new firmware seems to be that it will not read distances over 999 metres. My closest course I had loaded would give me distances of 7000-8000 metres from home, but now it reads 999 metres and won't go beyond that distance. Hopefully it will be OK this weekend.

I went back to the old Syncware and reloaded the courses and I thought all was well until I played golf with two others who had a Golf Buddy GPS and one a Skycaddie. My Neo yardages were about 4 to 14 yards different from theirs and from some surveyed yardage markers. Anyone else having any distance issues since upgrading to the new firmware?

I went back to the old Syncware and reloaded the courses and I thought all was well until I played golf with two others who had a Golf Buddy GPS and one a Skycaddie. My Neo yardages were about 4 to 14 yards different from theirs and from some surveyed yardage markers. Anyone else having any distance issues since upgrading to the new firmware?

Not so far. How many satellites is your Neo seeing? It takes a while for the device to see all the satellites it possibly can. I've found that strong sat signals, and more of them, improves accuracy. Isn't the Neo a design based upon a SirfStar III chipset? My understanding is that this chipset is well-regarded and one of the most accurate out there.

got the new sync software to work under Windows 7 on my netbook. Still dont know why it doesnt work on my desktop (Vista). Windows 7 was a clean install 3 days before, maybe the fact that my desktop had the older software is messing it up. (although i did unistall the old sync soft. and drivers and restart the computer before i installed the updated ones)

Update, I received my refurbished unit and it has been working fine. They sent it to me in Canada but did not specify that it was a replacement unit so I was charged duty. They sent me a letter to get my duty money back but it took 2 emails and 2 weeks to get from them. It was slow but I got it.

I have had all my issues resolved by L1 technologies but it has been a frustrating experience when you consider this was all because the brand new unit was defective.

The GPS is a valuable tool but I still have found some use for my laser rangefinder as some yardages seemed off but the LR confirmed they were correct. Just goes to show the value of such a device. It was almost 2 club difference between the yardage marker and the actual yardage on the GPS

• 2 weeks later...
Update, I received my refurbished unit and it has been working fine. They sent it to me in Canada but did not specify that it was a replacement unit so I was charged duty. They sent me a letter to get my duty money back but it took 2 emails and 2 weeks to get from them. It was slow but I got it.

I have had all my issues resolved by L1 technologies but it has been a frustrating experience when you consider this was all because the brand new unit was defective.

The GPS is a valuable tool but I still have found some use for my laser rangefinder as some yardages seemed off but the LR confirmed they were correct. Just goes to show the value of such a device. It was almost 2 club difference between the yardage marker and the actual yardage on the GPS

There is an ongoing thread on FGI about people having distance accuracy issues with the Neo since the firmware update. Mine varies usually about 4 yards from a bud's Golf Buddy and surveyed distance markers and as much as 25 yards on some. One dude on FGI compared his new Bushnell Neo with his LR and cart GPS and his yardages on the Neo sucked. People have been advised to turn the WAAS and Stabilizer settings off and see if things improve.

I was playing a new course yesterday and on one of the holes [a short par-4] a friend of mine asked me what the real distance was because of some hazard that he wanted to avoid. The scorecard distance was about 350 yards. I went up to the teeing area and measured the hole with my Neo but the distance only read about 270 yards - quite a difference. Does any of this sound familiar and what could cause it? Thanks.

I was playing a new course yesterday and on one of the holes [a short par-4] a friend of mine asked me what the real distance was because of some hazard that he wanted to avoid. The scorecard distance was about 350 yards. I went up to the teeing area and measured the hole with my Neo but the distance only read about 270 yards - quite a difference. Does any of this sound familiar and what could cause it? Thanks.

Could it be how the hole was measured? There's a par 4 on one of the courses I play like that. It's technically a dog leg, but from the tee box you have an easy, unobstructed shot straight to the green. So the dog leg isn't a factor at all. While the gps gives the direct-line distance to the green, I think the score card distance is measured out to the dog leg and then back in towards the green which is why it is listed as it is. Not sure if your scenario was like this, though.

Could it be how the hole was measured? There's a par 4 on one of the courses I play like that. It's technically a dog leg, but from the tee box you have an easy, unobstructed shot straight to the green. So the dog leg isn't a factor at all. While the gps gives the direct-line distance to the green, I think the score card distance is measured out to the dog leg and then back in towards the green which is why it is listed as it is. Not sure if your scenario was like this, though.

Thanks for the reply. What you say makes sense. Truthfully, I don't remember if the hole was a severe dogleg or not but there was one hole that was a 90 degree left dogleg but I can't remember if that was the hole or not. I didn't really care for the course so this whole thing might be unnecessary anyway but it is good to know.

What is the bottom line on the Igolf Neo. For the price ($129.00 on ebay) it looks like a hell of a deal. But if it's yardage readings are off by up to 8 yards its worthless because that's getting close to a club difference. Any Igolf Neo owners care to chime in. Thanks

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

I haven't experienced the inaccuracy problems other posters have reported. My neo checks accurate versus my laser rangefinder every time I've tried it -- the last time being when this problem was first reported on this site. I love mine.

Thanks!

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

Have played a number of different courses and the Neo generally provides good distances. However, there is one course in my area where on a few holes the Neo has underestimate the distance to the hole by at least one club. I find the unit is generally accurate but not faultless I therefore tend to mentally verify readings for reasonableness.

Have played a number of different courses and the Neo generally provides good distances. However, there is one course in my area where on a few holes the Neo has underestimate the distance to the hole by at least one club. I find the unit is generally accurate but not faultless I therefore tend to mentally verify readings for reasonableness.

You should notify igolf, they might need to update their data for that course.

FWIW, my Neo seems to be fairly accurate, or, at least I haven't noticed any major discrepencies.

Never tried the original firmware as I upgraded as soon as I got my Neo. Only used it on courses ive mapped myself and I have only noticed a fault on one hole where the front of the green misread. I took a new reading for that and its been good ever since. Im guessing it didnt have a good fix the first time I recorded that position.

A note for the ones who map themself is to save hole even though you are not done with all the points. My Neo has crashed several times while trying to record a point deleting the positions you already have done on that hole. It happend 3-4 times while mapping two courses and eventually I learned to save while walking towards the next point to be measured.

They are great little devices, anyone looking for a steal of a deal on one take a look at my sig.

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

Is everyone still liking their NEO? I'm looking to get a GPS but dont want to spend $200-300 on one. Are there still software issues? Thanks.

been using mine for a year, updated the software this spring and couldn't be happier.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

Is everyone still liking their NEO? I'm looking to get a GPS but dont want to spend $200-300 on one. Are there still software issues? Thanks.

been using mine for a year, updated the software this spring and couldn't be happier.

x2

Never had any software issues in the first place

Edit: Since upgrading to the new firmware I have checked against on course yardage markers and a playing partners Sky Caddie SG5 and the Neo has matched fine every time.

Make sure if you've been moving you give it a few second to catch up and also make sure that you are locked onto several satellites. If you're in the trees or it's very cloudy it might not read quite as accurately but that will be the case with most any GPS units. This can be the case if you're checking yardages within the first few minutes of turning it on and having it display yardages as it is only locked onto the minimum number of satellites at that time.