2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

This Mike Malaska video changed my golf game :) I understand what pivot is now !

CB67

On 10/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, nitram said:

Glad to see this resurrected. MM's comment about the difference in pushing your left hip backwards as opposed to "popping" the left leg straight and hyper-extending the knee are worth paying attention to. I see several folks who are doing this wrong these days in an attempt to gain more speed and activate ground forces. It's an orthopedic surgeon's dream.

When stack and tilt first came out I would hyper-extend my left knee. Ball striking improved until I tore my miniscus practicing at the range. Knee locked and I could barely walk to the car. Orthopedic surgeon, cortisone shot and pt required. Will never intentionally hyper-extend any joint again. MM does say to keep flex in left knee.

1 hour ago, RoyalMustang said:

I have been playing around with this; my problem is that I tend to slide forward. When I get good loading (right hip back, weight on back heel) and almost feel like my front foot is balanced on my tie, then rotate back through, it takes my arms out of the equation and lets me deliver them to the ball, almost effortlessly.  Otherwise, I get an early hand flip, but if I really sync up the right leg drive with pulling that left hip around and out, watch out. 

I practiced this at the range earlier this week and I was flushing every shot.  It forced me to get through the ball and not rush my hands.  Too much and I can "spin out" but coordinating it with a good rear hip drive yielded good results.  

My wife has been telling me to do this for a year (she is a DPT and has a ton of biomechanical knowledge) but it was the "heel pull back" feel that really clicked. She had me trying to clear with my hip and oblique, but that had me moving forward.  The key is going straight back, as the right leg drive takes care of the weight shift.  

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat with this Malaka hip movement (it's going to be 1 week  of practicing it).

You mentioned a few statements that I need clarity on - you stated "right leg drive", surely you mean driving the hip backwards during the BS. Yes?

..."good  rear hip drive..." again at what part of the sequence are you referring to?  As far I'm concerned, nothing on the right side has any "active" role on the DS...the left hip pushback takes over.

I watch many of the long hitters, including one of the longest Maria Fassi and Anna Van Dam..their heads are lower when coming into impact than original address position (spine angle tilts down). Being a chronic early extender, this will take some time to getting used to with the driver.  I still rise up on my toes after shots thinking that my left heel is pushing that left hip out of the way, but obviously, I am rising up.  I wish there was an isolated move to master this piece..this is the last piece of this puzzle.

Last question - are you guys "pulling" your hands down after transition or are you just letting them go for the ride?  I realize this will open a whole bag of worms but I ask this since it will affect power. 

Tilting down of the spine also will encourage the hands to move closer to the body at impact - this assures faster hand speed. (akin to a skater spinning with hands close to the body due to angular momentum).

Edited by marlon

On 1/20/2021 at 8:29 AM, ChrisNH said:

The thousand foot view of all this is Malaska understands that all the positions everyone is trying to get into and force to happen start to show up automatically when you simply utilize the momentum of the club head by offsetting it's natural force.

Nearly the whole golf industry studies effects, like hold the wrist angle for lag, create an X factor, shift your weight, keep your head down, etc.  Those things are effects that happen automatically when you athletically get in synce with the momentum and weight of the club head and your body athletically offsets all those natural forces as the club swings around.

That's why feel is so different than real and the game is so unnecessarilly hard - because the industry talks static positions inside an athletic movement where you have to simply athletically react to those natural forces.

If humans analyzed static moments and tried to get into positions when throwing a ball or walking down the stairs we wouldn't be better throwers or walkers.

Oh man, I don't think if I had 1000 days I could put into writing this entire phenomena any better than you Chris!  Nicely stated. Many of us high hcp are studying static moves...like, what happens to your toe when you step with the left foot.  For me, this Malaska vid is the golden nugget...

1 hour ago, marlon said:

Last question - are you guys "pulling" your hands down after transition or are you just letting them go for the ride?  I realize this will open a whole bag of worms but I ask this since it will affect power. 

This is tricky and deserves respect. You don't pull down or let drop. You throw out and away from body, straighten the elbow bend but it is mainly done to get arms back in front of torso. That is whole another topic in itself. The left hip clearing ala Malaska dovetails with this nicely.

A good exercise that I caught from Greg Norman video is freeze a PW at 9 o'clock (go low & wide) and use pull back of left hip/side to hit the ball. Great way to isolate it the feel and groove the move.

Edit: When I say throw & straighten my feel is get my elbows centered beneath my pecs.

Edited by Nard_S

10 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

This is tricky and deserves respect. You don't pull down or let drop. You throw out and away from body, straighten the elbow bend but it is mainly done to get arms back in front of torso.

What about a "cast to 8 o'clock"?

...mix & matching philosophies here, what could go wrong?

Edited by KD1

12 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

This is tricky and deserves respect. You don't pull down or let drop. You throw out and away from body, straighten the elbow bend but it is mainly done to get arms back in front of torso. That is whole another topic in itself. The left hip clearing ala Malaska dovetails with this nicely.

A good exercise that I caught from Greg Norman video is freeze a PW at 9 o'clock (go low & wide) and use pull back of left hip/side to hit the ball. Great way to isolate it the feel and groove the move.

Edit: When I say throw & straighten my feel is get my elbows centered beneath my pecs.

And one should "feel" like the left hip is moving perpedicular away from the target line, which will cause all those nice things to happen (room for arms to swing, spine angle tilt down, arms close to the body etc etc)?

Edited by marlon

24 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Here's where I get confused, where the heck is high noon? lol.

lol. I assume your 9oclock position you described was p6? ... 9oclock from a face on view of a right handed swing?

The 8oclock I was referring to was from the popular no-turn-cast drill that monte describes, that's what I meant be 'mix and match philosophies'. On the ground target is noon, down the line is 3, directly behind your back is 9. Anytime anyone says throw now it conjures images of throwing the clubhead from the top in a direction behind me (8oclock) and around to the ball... this is what NTC as I understand it feels like to me anyway. Worked wonders for my driving!

Edited by KD1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, marlon said:

And one should "feel" like the body is moving perpedicular away from the target line, which will cause all those nice things to happen (room for arms to swing, spine angle tilt down, arms close to the body etc etc)?

Well the lead hip does, the rest does not. Lead shoulder drops towards target line and moves down along it. Left torso., hip and leg,  at the right point, pulls every thing through by going"perpendicular". Important that on back swing lead hip does not crash into target line. Right hinges off left and depth is maintained and you go from there. I struggle with the hip crashing from get go.Then I struggle with if I have that depth swinging comfortably within that.

It changes everything. That's why the freezer drill with a wedge is a great start to it. I can do this decently with short irons, then I get loose, sporadic and dopey. This is not a one week fix, or even one month, it's more like one year fix for an old sod like me. Frankly it's little fun to work on it because it's somewhat alien to hackinator type swings. I want to smash the ball with upper body but have to train weak lead side to to be more assertive. Not fun till solid progress is grooved. Easy to lose that progress too. Needs reinforced efforts. Honest, a winter in the gym working core & legs would do a lot for this very thing.

19 minutes ago, KD1 said:

lol. I assume your 9oclock position you described was p6? ... 9oclock from a face on view of a right handed swing?

The 8oclock I was referring to was from the popular no-turn-cast drill that monte describes, that's what I meant be 'mix and match philosophies'. On the ground target is noon, down the line is 3, directly behind your back is 9. Anytime anyone says throw now it conjures images of throwing the clubhead from the top in a direction behind me (8oclock) and around to the ball... this is what NTC as I understand it feels like to me anyway. Worked wonders for my driving!

This is confusing as heck.  9 o'clock is face on view with your head at the 12 and your club at 9.   If  you are pointing at the target with the club, still face on view, the club will be at 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marlon said:

This is confusing as heck.  9 o'clock is face on view with your head at the 12 and your club at 9.   If  you are pointing at the target with the club, still face on view, the club will be at 3.

Haha, when I say 9 o'clock. my head is high noon the clock is my body if you looked at it face on. That is probably wrong or misleading and should be considered 3 o'clock from the eyeball.

I never understood the Monte clock but @KD1 explained it well. So yeah cast to Monte's 8:00. I've heard others teach throw to what would be Monte's 2:00. My "feel is not real" is cast and get elbows & hands lower and in front of torso. My goal is max hand speed approaching trail thigh

Again this is whole nother topic. The lead side clear, Malaska type move is something that needs isolating and grooving, so eat the elephant one bite at a time.

2 hours ago, marlon said:

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat with this Malaka hip movement (it's going to be 1 week  of practicing it).

You mentioned a few statements that I need clarity on - you stated "right leg drive", surely you mean driving the hip backwards during the BS. Yes?

..."good  rear hip drive..." again at what part of the sequence are you referring to?  As far I'm concerned, nothing on the right side has any "active" role on the DS...the left hip pushback takes over.

I watch many of the long hitters, including one of the longest Maria Fassi and Anna Van Dam..their heads are lower when coming into impact than original address position (spine angle tilts down). Being a chronic early extender, this will take some time to getting used to with the driver.  I still rise up on my toes after shots thinking that my left heel is pushing that left hip out of the way, but obviously, I am rising up.  I wish there was an isolated move to master this piece..this is the last piece of this puzzle.

Tilting down of the spine also will encourage the hands to move closer to the body at impact - this assures faster hand speed. (akin to a skater spinning with hands close to the body due to angular momentum).

Actually, I load on the right side (hip pullback) and do some driving with that strong leg at the top.  It isn't passive. When I am swinging well, I am loading, pausing, and driving.  Think of a pitcher picking up their leg; gathering weight on the back foot, and then driving toward the plate. 

I take my hands out of the equation.  My issue is that my hands get in the way and pull down.  It is kryptonite for my swing.  I have 108mph SS with basically an arm swing: my coach always tells me to not "try" and swing harder, but to generate more power through my lower body and torso.  I am a fairly compact, muscular guy, but I have a tendency to not use my legs, which is dumb (as I raced as a pro cyclist for several years and have a huge advantage with regards to lower body power).  Honestly, I could do the Phil hand flip (with incredibly relaxed hands) if I could get there, but just syncing with the lower body and driving is key.  

I actually take a baseball approach at the range sometimes: lift and tap that front foot to get the rear leg drive timing down. I crush the ball every time.  If I don't time well, I can't clear my hips well.  For me, when I am striking the ball well, I don't feel as if I am aggressively pulling the left hip: the right hip starts the rotation and the left engages naturally.  By engaging that left hip, I can certainly increase SS however, but it opens up more things to think about.  

I played a tournament last weekend and for whatever reason, was super tight and nervous. I shot an 88, which is horrible.  Anyways, on the 4th hole, I thought about the role of the hips and really focused on what we are talking about here.  Result on the 4th hole: 295 yard drive (easy swing) right down the middle: 255 yard flown 6-wood that stopped within 2 feet of landing, then a makeable Eagle Putt.  I was 5 over up until that point (after 3 holes!).  Birdie on that hole, then par on the next 4.  

Unfortunately, I started thinking about other stuff (shoulders, backswing....) and it fell apart again, but the guy I was playing with said "wow, you were like a whole different golfer there for a few holes.  That fairway wood was the shot of the day, and not just for our group!" 

For me, it has been huge.  I have had range sessions that are far above what I was having when I played earlier this summer and got my handicap down to 5.  The hips lead the shoulders and torso, which get you to that slightly open on impact position, with perfect club lag. If I slide, my hands are too steep coming in and I have to flip somewhat, plus I have a taller front hip from extension.  Keep it rotating across and it just works. 

Be like Trouty!

hi-res-d22cd8c881ccf9604f940fa64312e178_crop_north.jpg.29c3e280befbcb9ee0f1b21118242b2f.jpg

Edited by RoyalMustang

37 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Haha, when I say 9 o'clock. my head is high noon the clock is my body if you looked at it face on. That is probably wrong or misleading and should be considered 3 o'clock from the eyeball.

I never understood the Monte clock but @KD1 explained it well. So yeah cast to Monte's 8:00. I've heard others teach throw to what would be Monte's 2:00. My "feel is not real" is cast and get elbows & hands lower and in front of torso. My goal is max hand speed approaching trail thigh

Again this is whole nother topic. The lead side clear, Malaska type move is something that needs isolating and grooving, so eat the elephant one bite at a time.

Monte's cast screwed me up and got me thinking about my hands WAY too much.  The thing is, when I swing well, I have a ton of natural lag and cast.  But my swing comes from my legs and torso; my hand-eye coordination is fine but I don't need to manipulate.  

It is probably something that you need to learn in person.  At least it is for me.  

Edited by RoyalMustang

4 minutes ago, RoyalMustang said:

Monte's cast screwed me up and got me thinking about my hands WAY too much.  The thing is, when I swing well, I have a ton of natural lag and cast.  But my swing comes from my legs and torso; my hand-eye coordination is fine but I don't need to manipulate.  

It is probably something that you need to learn in person.  At least it is for me.  

Yeah, same. The weird part of the cast or throw is if I think about it or if I'm too conscious of it, it does not work so well. Because it's not a hand thing, it an upper back, torso & upper arm thing, a down ward impulse that flings away the hands. If body rhythm matches, will get crazy good results.

I have used the MM move in three practice sessions over the last two weeks with some very good success. I initially had a problem with spinning out my left hip too early and out-racing my arms. Eventually I fixed this by not consciously trying to rotate the hip…rather, letting my footwork take care of it. I have had lifelong issues with EE and this move has not totally eliminated that problem but has significantly reduced it.

I have added 15 yards to my swing with this move and have been hitting the ball much more accurately and consistently. Right now, the only swing thoughts I’m using are getting my trail shoulder down (I have a tendency to make a flat turn) and the right hip pushed back.  When I do these things correctly, everything else seems to fall in place…at least for now.

At 70 years of age with three fused vertebrae in my lower spine and two in my neck, this move has helped me get a much better turn and should help reduce the pressure on my spine.  There’s no doubt the MM move has helped my swing significantly and has rekindled my desire to play.

• Like 2

I have followed and enjoyed this discussion but have a question about how this relates to the “closed hip bump.”  It is a subtle (micro) move that keeps me from spinning out. It is the feeling of changing direction while still completing the backswing. 

Is this CHB move hidden in Malaska's hip move or is it a completely different move?  When I try to move my L hip back without the little lateral bump I spin out with little power. For me it is a tiny by necessary part of the swing.

Closed Hip Bump (Kelvin Miyahira)

Baseball pitchers and some very good hitters possess a move that I call the closed hip bump. For a brief moment, while the hips are laterally moving forward, there is actually a little bit of clockwise hip rotation. In other words, these athletes are still turning to complete the backswing while the lateral motion has started. Thus, there is movement in two directions at the same time. 

Perry Husband, baseball hitting and pitching expert who appeared in the Fox Sports Network “Sport Science Show,” calls it “turning in.” Notice his hip position as he gets ready to stride forward. He doesn’t have a lot of hip turn at the start. Notice as he starts to pick up the left heel, his hips turn a little more. Then as the foot leaves the ground a little quicker hip turn occurs. It is now that he has ended his move right and will begin to move left on the next frame.

http://kelvinmiyahiragolf-articles.com/index.php/articles/articles-2/2008-articles/40-2008-10-tigers-transition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xElMMibkIxg

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

41 minutes ago, scotee said:

I have followed and enjoyed this discussion but have a question about how this relates to the “closed hip bump.”  It is a subtle (micro) move that keeps me from spinning out. It is the feeling of changing direction while still completing the backswing. 

Is this CHB move hidden in Malaska's hip move or is it a completely different move?  When I try to move my L hip back without the little lateral bump I spin out with little power. For me it is a tiny by necessary part of the swing.

Baseball pitchers and some very good hitters possess a move that I call the closed hip bump. For a brief moment, while the hips are laterally moving forward, there is actually a little bit of clockwise hip rotation. In other words, these athletes are still turning to complete the backswing while the lateral motion has started. Thus, there is movement in two directions at the same time. 

Perry Husband, baseball hitting and pitching expert who appeared in the Fox Sports Network “Sport Science Show,” calls it “turning in.” Notice his hip position as he gets ready to stride forward. He doesn’t have a lot of hip turn at the start. Notice as he starts to pick up the left heel, his hips turn a little more. Then as the foot leaves the ground a little quicker hip turn occurs. It is now that he has ended his move right and will begin to move left on the next frame.

http://kelvinmiyahiragolf-articles.com/index.php/articles/articles-2/2008-articles/40-2008-10-tigers-transition

AMG : Recentering

Monte : Zipper away

8 hours ago, scotee said:

It definitely happens. And Malaska is very specific about it happening as the hands are still moving back and up.  It's just a very small shift, as you describe, and facilitates the eventual push back of the left hip.

Generally, it's important to remember that he is trying to teach feelings that will manifest into the correct positions.  In other words, what you feel happening won't mirror the positions you see at speed because of other forces at play

22 hours ago, marlon said:

Malaska actually feels like he is initiating the downswing early with his arms - a move that pulls the handle down AND starts the club out towards the target line.  Then you actually move along with the momentum of the club.  The proper way to move is by pushing the left hip back and out of the way as the club comes through impact.

This transformed my game completely.

Around 2:20 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMCO7CeVNA0

Tried the move from the OP video the last two days in this simulator.  Seems like a pretty easy move to replicate.  Not getting any more distance, but feels a little more consistent and easier to replicate.  I am not sure I am doing this entirely correctly though.  My transition from backswing to the front (lead) side is not aggressive.  It’s there, but not aggressive.  Once I push back with the lead foot and push the lead hip back, I get a nice clearing of the hips and some pretty good clean shots.  My question is whether I should transition harder (i.e. bend lead knee more downward on the transition, and then try to push harder with the lead foot pushing the lead hip back?  It doesn’t feel like I’m working very hard currently.  If you agree with this, would something like the force pedal be a good aid to work with for this?  Thanks

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

This damn video is about to cost me hundreds of dollars.

I've taken this as well as more general focus on the hips with me to the range several times over the last week. I'm normally a sweeper with a slight flip and today I've finally started taking decent divots in front of the ball! In the back of my mind I knew I needed to focus more on rotation and weight transfer and I feel like this has been what I needed to get that done.

But my driver wasn't super impressive, I was hitting it high and falling short of the 250yd green.... Meanwhile, I was clearing over the 250yd green with my damn 5-wood! Sooo, it's time for driver lessons and/or a new driver I guess $$$.

I've worked on this hip move again today focussing mainly on the downswing.  I watch many of the long hitters (both guys/gals), and many are coming into impact with head dipping significantly.  As a early extender, especially with driver, this is hard to achieve but really, in order for this to happen naturally, that  bent left leg and hip need to move back and out of the way of the body.

Today, with irons, i felt this dipping and man, I gained some serious distance. With driver, I can feel myself rising up no matter how hard try to move the left hip backwards and even intentionally move "down" towards to the ball in an effort to not goat hump.

Anyone with tips for the driver? I wish there was a feel drill I can do for 30 minutes with the driver and this rising head/coming up out of spine angle can disappear from the face of the planet, for good!

I played 12 holes on the par 30 course today, really focusing on this move.  I was only 1 over for 12, which is excellent for me, and I didn't make any putts over 5 feet.

Good: if timed correctly (loading back right heel, driving, then moving to left front heel-right back toe weighting) the efforts are great.  I had 11/14 GIR and was 1" from my first hole in one (130 yard PW hole, ball landed 2 feet from the hole and spun side-back, just resting next to the lip). I was a little quick and stiff with my hands at times and even then, this move allows a lot of shallowing, so a bad swing doesn't become a bad miss, just slightly lower trajectory in my personal swing. I also bombed a 275-yard carry drive from what felt effortless.  I can carry 275 and roll out 310 (depending on fairway conditions) but it usually is a BIG swing, and this wasn't.  Just a normal tempo but with hips clear and me down on the ball at impact.  Perfect starting left, working slightly right, controllable shot.  Overall, my good swings were close to as good as I can deliver and my misses weren't heavy like normal, just a groove thin and still a solid miss.  

Bad: once you sync it up, you really shouldn't get too active or focus on pulling that front left hip out: if if comes out early or too strong, you will open yourself up to a block left (not a draw or pull, just a shot that may be 10 degrees left). My natural good swing is a slight fade and with this, my ball was starting a bit left and fading right (I put 2 183-yard 6-irons to within 20 feet of the pin with this path playing the same hole twice) but when I get too aggressive, I just miss left and get into trouble.  There has to be patience: it can't be all a pull from the left side. The right side has to drive down and through; the left hip helps to keep it moving counter-clockwise and not sliding forward.  

I would recommend learning what is going on at the feet; that prevents over-exaggeration.  Eric (the other guy on the MM video) has a good feel drill of standing on golf balls to simulate weighting of the feet. If you can get that, you will have it.  You see pros in this position during their swing, and as a former ski racer, I am well aware of the start of the kinesiologic chain starting at the feet and ankles.  Get that synced and you will be driving those hips with little effort.  

8 hours ago, RoyalMustang said:

I played 12 holes on the par 30 course today, really focusing on this move.  I was only 1 over for 12, which is excellent for me, and I didn't make any putts over 5 feet.

Good: if timed correctly (loading back right heel, driving, then moving to left front heel-right back toe weighting) the efforts are great.  I had 11/14 GIR and was 1" from my first hole in one (130 yard PW hole, ball landed 2 feet from the hole and spun side-back, just resting next to the lip). I was a little quick and stiff with my hands at times and even then, this move allows a lot of shallowing, so a bad swing doesn't become a bad miss, just slightly lower trajectory in my personal swing. I also bombed a 275-yard carry drive from what felt effortless.  I can carry 275 and roll out 310 (depending on fairway conditions) but it usually is a BIG swing, and this wasn't.  Just a normal tempo but with hips clear and me down on the ball at impact.  Perfect starting left, working slightly right, controllable shot.  Overall, my good swings were close to as good as I can deliver and my misses weren't heavy like normal, just a groove thin and still a solid miss.  

Bad: once you sync it up, you really shouldn't get too active or focus on pulling that front left hip out: if if comes out early or too strong, you will open yourself up to a block left (not a draw or pull, just a shot that may be 10 degrees left). My natural good swing is a slight fade and with this, my ball was starting a bit left and fading right (I put 2 183-yard 6-irons to within 20 feet of the pin with this path playing the same hole twice) but when I get too aggressive, I just miss left and get into trouble.  There has to be patience: it can't be all a pull from the left side. The right side has to drive down and through; the left hip helps to keep it moving counter-clockwise and not sliding forward.  

I would recommend learning what is going on at the feet; that prevents over-exaggeration.  Eric (the other guy on the MM video) has a good feel drill of standing on golf balls to simulate weighting of the feet. If you can get that, you will have it.  You see pros in this position during their swing, and as a former ski racer, I am well aware of the start of the kinesiologic chain starting at the feet and ankles.  Get that synced and you will be driving those hips with little effort.  

Do you have a link to his drill?

On 10/31/2021 at 9:43 PM, marlon said:

Anyone with tips for the driver? I wish there was a feel drill I can do for 30 minutes with the driver and this rising head/coming up out of spine angle can disappear from the face of the planet, for good!

My tendency is to set up too far away from the ball with driver and with my arms too extended/hands too high. If you do the same, then I think your mind tells you you have to reach out some to get the club on the ball -- and so a move BACK/AWAY with the left hip doesn't fit that narrative. Maybe try setting up a little closer to the ball?

A great way to try this is on 20 yard pitches.  It should be shoulders mostly, but if you are doing it well, you will feel a slight loading in your back hip, at the top before you move the club forward, shift to the front foot, followed by weight shift to the front heel at impact.  If you are "hitting down on the ball" and squaring it cleanly, you are likely getting this motion down.  

For me, on a full swing, I need a bit of knee counter at the top to load the back heel; I then start to drive off of it as my swing is coming to to the top-by the time I have my hips rotating counter clockwise, I am also moving the club down toward the ball. Too early and it is disjointed-I spin out and go left.  Done well, it is very powerful and feels as if I am uncorking as my weight moves to the front foot. 

I played today after many practice sessions with this hip move. Result: GAME CHANGER.

I find, and this is just me but there is good justification for it, with the driver, the harder I move that right hip back to get deeper in the BS, the longer and straighter my drives.  Holding back a little only gets in the way.  Don't baby it folks!  Have you ever rode a bike very slowly? Same concept.

Irons: same thing but I flush them better when I get the feeling of my head moving DOWN as I get into impact.  I hiit at least 4 drives north of 310 and I am typically around 265-275.

My short game, which I don't mind messed up my score but this is much easier to fix than the long stuff.

Edited by marlon