NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

8 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

It is not a burner. It’s a callaway, but I don’t know what it is. It’s probably 5 years old. I do tend to hit some BS though. Golf makes me laugh. I am not a good WRXer.

It is my assumption that you are jesting. Don't sell yourself short Montana man, many on this blog know you to be a dandy WRX'r !  

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs   Super Stroke Wrist Lock 

Standings              

puttinfor8                            62

jerebear                               62

chuntsman                          51

Qqq                                      50

greenmchn                          47

doctoro                                40

commish                              30

NCLancer                             27

P3P                                       19 

following the conclusion of the Zurich Classic

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, touch said:

It is my assumption that you are jesting. Don't sell yourself short Montana man, many on this blog know you to be a dandy WRX'r !  

Truly. I do not know what my driver is. It is a callaway. It might be a Big Bertha, I know it is not a Mavrik because it is pre Mav, and pre jailbreak technology.

• Like 2

So let's talk about this.  The tee box is tucked off the the right of a 335 yard hole that dog legs right about 150 yards from the green.  So a guy is left with a choice.  Either hit an iron (in my case a hybrid) 185, or do what a well lubed P3P does, and try to hit a controlled slice driver around the corner 250 leaving an 85 yard wedge to the motherland.  For reference, you cannot fly the corner because of a strategically place tree about 35 yards in front of the tee box.

Last week I hit this strategic tree, thats why I had 250+ to get home from the right trees.  Yesterday I hit a different tree about 170 yards down the right side.  It was a short squat pine tree which not only stopped my prodigious drive, but knocked it backward so I was sitting 161 yards from the green with a pine tree between me and the motherland.  The branches of said tree are about 5' from the ground, and it is about 10 yards in front of me.

Recognizing, as I hope you have, it is time for P3P to make that driver sing.  I pick my line, about 30 yards to the left of the green because I know this is bunt city and bunt city never goes straight, so I line it up and take an abbreviated swing with an abbreviated follow through to make sure I don't get it up into the timber.  Max height on this effort, maybe 3', so there was plenty of room as it hurtled across the fairway.  It began to curl to the right as intended and about 100 yards into the shot it hit the ground and continued to trundle up the the green.  My partners are giddy, my opponents are shell shocked.  Wisely they hadn't pressed us, but only because they forgot.

I got a little too much of it, and hit it about 164 yards leaving me a 15-20' down/crosshill left to right bender.

Lining up the new weapon I hit a putt that may/may not go in, and it wasn't clear even 2' from the cup, but it kept bending and caught the upper lip and went home.  Hilarity ensued, junk points tallied, and it was off to 16 to try it again.

I was halfway home to making up for the low screaming bunker shot I had hit two holes earlier for the double.

Golf is stupid but fun.

• Like 4

Put that golf tip in your memory men. As Pete rightly states, a bunted wood, be it a fairway wood or in Superman Pete's case a driver off of the ground, does not go straight. One must allow for generous left to right movement. Thanks Pete as I see that one saving my bacon once or twice this season. Back in Vegas we called the shot you executed the Texas Rattlesnake Runner due to the fact it stays so close to the ground. It's one talented thing to hit one in there and show your uber craftiness, but when you drained the downhill slider with a touchy fall in from the lip ..........Well that is the whole enchilada jack. 

Fantastic vision, belief, and execution sir.

Kind of doing this garb with ease weekly now is it?    Nice. 

If the new wand does make it a full month in the P3P bag might we be privileged to know the make and model?

I'll have a recap on my round this early evening. After all that warm sun today this guy needs an old man nap.

• Like 2

Yes indeed, golf is crazy and golf is wicked fun. 

• Like 3

Casey

JT

Reed

innisbrook will be pure this weekend. Lots of big names joining the fray. Weather should be close to 90. 

I will be teeing it off at streamsong instead. 

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Montel Hardy's 2021 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

And so with the closing of April brings the open of a new NFL season. The hope of new prospects making a big difference on their respective teams lingers in the air along with the anticipation of "maybe, just maybe just is our year to win it all". Some teams, on the other hand, are just looking for a fresh start with a fresh set of players to improve enough through the coming years to make the playoffs and turn the franchise around. Case and point the Jacksonville Jaguars. Not but 3 years removed from a 4 point loss to the Tom Brady led New England Patriots Jacksonville is a sinking ship. Looking like the Jaguars of old going 2-14 or 1-15, the boys from Duvall are in another total rebuilding season with new GM, new head coach, and new QB. Everyone seems to think that Trever Lawrence is the next BIG thing but fail to realize no quarterback coming out of college has yet to set the world on fire for more than 1 maybe 2 seasons. College QBs today can't read a defense. Simply put they have no idea what to look for in pre-snap reads, how to audible based off of said pre-snap reads or in some cases throw the ball accurately to where only your wide out can catch it. These traits have all but vanished in a college game that now revolves around pictures, not signs or play calls, that hold only 2 sometimes 3 snap reads on simple route trees. The reason this works in college is one of two things. 1. the talent is typically stacked to one team allowing them to "manhandle" the other. 2. The spread offense exist also because of the talent being stacked but also college coaches aren't "coaches" they are more "recruiters" then anything. Because of this they will keep they game plan simple allowing the success of the offense mainly to fall on the athleticism of the 4 or 5 star recruited QB and his scrambling/ running from the pocket ability. Defenses in the NFL are a different kind of animal and if you can't read the defense you'll throw a pick; if you decide to run the defensive ends and some nose tackles even are so much more faster in the NFL they will simply chase you down for a loss or minimal gain. Plus getting hit like that over and over never works with the quarterback position. So what does all this amount to? I don't think that any of the quarterback coming out of this years draft, at least in the first round, will be franchise quarterbacks. That includes the media darling Trever Lawrence.

So again another season another bold statement. Last year was no Cred for the Red (Cardinals) this year I am saying Jacksonville under 4 games won on the season and under .500 for the next 3 seasons. Defense wins championships. Offense sells tickets. I would rather pay admission for a championship bound team then have weapons on weapons on offense only for them to never win a game either because the offensive never clicked or the defense couldn't stop anyone on the other side line. Saban couldn't do it with the Dolphins, Spurrier couldn't do it with the Redskins even Jim Harbaugh come close with the 49ers but then was blacklisted back to the college ranks. All of witch were program builders in college who found tremendous success only to find, like the young QBs today, the NFL is  totally different game. 

Daffy Duck Pain GIF

Tarzan and Urban Meyer tenure  in Jacksonville. 

• Like 4

A wee bit of pre-writing prep and then I'm telling you boys how my round went today.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

Montel Hardy's 2021 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

And so with the closing of April brings the open of a new NFL season. The hope of new prospects making a big difference on their respective teams lingers in the air along with the anticipation of "maybe, just maybe just is our year to win it all". Some teams, on the other hand, are just looking for a fresh start with a fresh set of players to improve enough through the coming years to make the playoffs and turn the franchise around. Case and point the Jacksonville Jaguars. Not but 3 years removed from a 4 point loss to the Tom Brady led New England Patriots Jacksonville is a sinking ship. Looking like the Jaguars of old going 2-14 or 1-15, the boys from Duvall are in another total rebuilding season with new GM, new head coach, and new QB. Everyone seems to think that Trever Lawrence is the next BIG thing but fail to realize no quarterback coming out of college has yet to set the world on fire for more than 1 maybe 2 seasons. College QBs today can't read a defense. Simply put they have no idea what to look for in pre-snap reads, how to audible based off of said pre-snap reads or in some cases throw the ball accurately to where only your wide out can catch it. These traits have all but vanished in a college game that now revolves around pictures, not signs or play calls, that hold only 2 sometimes 3 snap reads on simple route trees. The reason this works in college is one of two things. 1. the talent is typically stacked to one team allowing them to "manhandle" the other. 2. The spread offense exist also because of the talent being stacked but also college coaches aren't "coaches" they are more "recruiters" then anything. Because of this they will keep they game plan simple allowing the success of the offense mainly to fall on the athleticism of the 4 or 5 star recruited QB and his scrambling/ running from the pocket ability. Defenses in the NFL are a different kind of animal and if you can't read the defense you'll throw a pick; if you decide to run the defensive ends and some nose tackles even are so much more faster in the NFL they will simply chase you down for a loss or minimal gain. Plus getting hit like that over and over never works with the quarterback position. So what does all this amount to? I don't think that any of the quarterback coming out of this years draft, at least in the first round, will be franchise quarterbacks. That includes the media darling Trever Lawrence.

So again another season another bold statement. Last year was no Cred for the Red (Cardinals) this year I am saying Jacksonville under 4 games won on the season and under .500 for the next 3 seasons. Defense wins championships. Offense sells tickets. I would rather pay admission for a championship bound team then have weapons on weapons on offense only for them to never win a game either because the offensive never clicked or the defense couldn't stop anyone on the other side line. Saban couldn't do it with the Dolphins, Spurrier couldn't do it with the Redskins even Jim Harbaugh come close with the 49ers but then was blacklisted back to the college ranks. All of witch were program builders in college who found tremendous success only to find, like the young QBs today, the NFL is  totally different game. 

Daffy Duck Pain GIF

Tarzan and Urban Meyer tenure  in Jacksonville. 

And there you have it. Our reigning NFL Picks Champion has given us a glimpse of perhaps what the new season this fall just might be like.

G1 you have a solid football IQ dude. All of us appreciate your takes. 

You still signing autographs for winning the football contest?  and are you still drinking and dancing solo? 

Pin on funny

thought so 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Broadmoor is my home track. It is a very popular public course right by the Asheville Airport.  It is a flat golf course that defends with water. The greens run consistently medium speed year round. I am very comfortable putting at Broadmoor. I did 3 gag once. The greens have a good bit of poa and are very receptive. Darts thrown stick nicely. I threw a few darts out there today. Broadmoor is for me the easiest course that I play regularly. 

I took on the blues

6313 yds

70.2  rating 

135   slope 

There was a last minute line up change. Dr. Steve couldn't make it and my elder coach did not feel up to it. My coach Ed is 81 years old. At 8 AM I put out a notice of spots available. One was taken. Kind of new to the group is Chris from Saratoga Springs, NY originally. Retired here in the western NC mountains. So we went off as 3.

New Yorker Chris

Tall from Tulsa Kirk

and the FINNISH BOMBER !!   

Sunny skies and 71 degrees. 5-10 mph wind. Perfect. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

I was in good company. NY Chris with his flat Hogan swing in action and the tree that is Tulsa Kirk standing by the carts.

Me burning one for a puff every 5 holes in the nice gift gloves from the Rick. I hit fairways and greens consistently out of the gate. I had two birdie efforts just miss. Even after 4. I did not hit driver because my 3 wood was performing so solid on the range. It turned out to be wise to limit my driver usage. I thought maybe I'll have a max two clubs more in , but I want fairways today. I was not worrying as of late my irons and hybrid have been reliable. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

3 putted a par three from 30 feet. Bogey. Then on the next hole a par 4 I had a fine drive (the first time I pulled driver) get absolutely trashed as I doubled from 94 yards out with no water excuses. Bad judged pitches more than once it was. Bad green side wedge choices there for sure, but on the next hole I chip in (directly uphill) from 20 feet to save par.  Golf is weird/crazy and wicked fun. Right there was an example of that. 

Made the turn at 39 three over.

• Like 4

The tour rolls into the home of the Florida Guitar Army.  So in homage to this Guitar Army I am basing the selections on their names.  MacKenzie Hughes is a throwback to Hughie Thomasson, so I like him.  I also like Phil Mickelson in this one because I always enjoyed the work of Phil Holmgren.  I had to break away from the Guitar Army because I couldn't find any Franks in the field, so I am going to take Matthew Nesmith.  It's a reach, but the Monkees were formed a year beforehand and were a novelty, but there was an actual musician in there.  It was Michael Nesmith who in his later years became famous for rolling with some of other luminaries in the private room at the Rainbow on Sunset Strip.  Perhaps some of you have heard of Lemmy, well, Michael and Lemmy were friends, forged at the Rainbow.

So there you have it, MacKenzie Hughes, Phil Mickelson, and Matthew Nesmith are the golf and musical picks for the week.

I am getting on a jet airliner this evening for my vaccication which I sorely need, may I be greeted by Green Grass and High Tides forever... 

• Like 3

And moi's picks pour the week.

Corey Conners

Justin Thomas

Tyrrell Hatton

Russell Henley   (In case break glass)

• Like 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

My recap of today's round shortly, but first........

Getting prepped for writing my recap of today's round.

Home – Best Wine from France - France-Soir Wine SelectionsWeed Cannabis Sticker by budsfeed for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Edited by touch
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Valspar Picks:

H. Stenson

J. Rose

V. Hovland

Image result for european ryder cup gear

Some Big Names on the Lancer team this week. He is going all blue chip to rise up some more !  

• Thanks 1

I stopped as always for my stretch the legs 10 minute walk around downtown Landrum. May 1st I learned is the citywide Quilt festival. As I kicked along the sidewalk exploring I came upon this table of fresh strawberries. I thought back to my very first visit to Landrum . I found it to be so quaint and dare I say charming. This simple plaid tablecloth with the fresh local berries proved once again this place was like my magical boyhood hometown of Rochester, Michigan. Now that was back in the early 70's. Landrum has the same safe and friendly feel. I don't see this enough anymore in America. So clean,neat and orderly. It is a peaceful downtown. Tis why I stop to stroll around, it flushes out my interstate driving mindset.  Landrum has absolutely no wizzing by cars with either too loud rap jams blaring out of it or fart can exhaust hot rod'd nonsense. No it's just all mature traffic obeying the 20 mph speed limit. Love it,   If you are known for your quilt festival well by gosh you are on the map! Oh and I talked to this bear.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic