2024 Fedex St Jude WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

5 hours ago, greenemachine said:

Commish you have just been promoted out of the stats dept. and into the skin dept. for next season. Congrats I know we got the right man for the job 😆

Now that is funny stuff. I have always thought a bit of pretty female on our thread enhances the readers experience. 

Position accepted.

Remind me what floor the Skin Dept. is on again?

78ebd406c67568f5f57014b2f82f064a.jpgSmoking hot babes in bootsthigh high boots and sweater dress Online13d624d2b2f8157ac01ffa0720a652ba.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

6 hours ago, touch said:

Important. 

I type this with tears in my eyes boys. Let's lend our support to our very own doctoro. I learned today that his mother passed away over the weekend. My long time friend KB was her live in caretaker over the past year. Doc dropped it all in his normal life to care for the mother he loved very much. Doc started taking care of his mom right after his beloved wife Mrs. D. passed on following a battle with cancer a little over a year ago. You my very good friend have had life throw you two major curve balls in the last two years. We can only imagine how hard a road that has been to travel. I speak for all of us and send sincere condolences to you, and we also send strength and support your way to help enable you to forge ahead. I have known Mr. Doctoro since 1983. We were roommates back in my D.C. days. He is the definition of a considerate person. He exudes compassion to all.

KB, I just know that brighter days and better chapter's in life await you. 

Sending peace and love my friend,

Lawrence 

Thank You for such kind words good friend of mine. I am lucky to have such kind hearted friends such as Sir Lawrence. It helps ease the pain of this struggle with my ailing parents. I am glad I got to help them age in place.  My Mom would not move out of the house even though my Dad pleaded with her. 

This life is a journey and I have many flaws and mistakes I made, but I am thankful for all my friends and family, and feel blessed to have had a wife like I had, and a Mom to guide me through the rough times and celebrate the good times. Thank you Mr Commish for all your support and kindness

• Like 4

Small British Union Jack Flag Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free)  21003826 | Shutterstock

Final picks are in 

greenmachine (122)             Fleetwood                Cantlay              Fitzpatrick

touch (69)                             Louie                        Hovland             Casey 

puttnfor8 (101)                      Spieth                      Grace                 Rory

pete3putt (0)                        Rahm                        DJ                      JT 

NCLancer (42)                     Hatton                       Koepka              Xander

Q  (92)                                  Rahm                         Koepka             McIlroy

doctoro(119)                        Rahm                         Reed                 Westwood     

chuntsman(93)                   Spieth                        Koepka             Xander

jerebear (97)                       Spieth                        Koepka              Morikawa    

• Like 1

The community in here tonight is strong.  I get moved when on occasion this thread gets personal. We offer help to one another if we sense a need. For the handful of regulars that get involved it makes their time here more genuine I think.

Fine messages from the heart have been shared tonight.

Thank you very much for supporting a brother. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Tomorrow I shall post a bit more about the late afternoon round I played today. Heavens that Tournament rough was brutal. The weather was spectacular as were the course conditions. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Our Place has a great deal to offer. 

We have all things golf, participation from all over the country, recommended travel destinations from members, NFL talk and gambling action, hockey discussion on occasion, suggested libations, very hot females, fashion suggestions, philosophy's of life, and a LARGE DOSE OF HUMOR all in one place! 

I think this thread has turned into a unique place to be. The joint effort of the members has produced a fine product. 

cheers mates 

New trending GIF online: celebrate, cheers, champagne, champagne bottle

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So many of you find this major to be the cream at the top of all tournaments. I certainly honor the deepest of traditions in golf that were established across the pond many moons ago and will be glued to the action. So let us all enjoy this OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP from England. It is our final major in this contest and could sway the outcome because of double points. I do like the time slot it is broadcast in here in the U.S.  If it is the favorite of so many of you then it will be a tournament to be treasured I bet because weather will not be a factor.  Clear weather is a welcome condition in links golf as it rarely occurs.

So for Q, Pete, and Puttin let's get it going and crown " The Champion Golfer of the Year."

I will be looking at the imagery and be asking why is it so brown and where are the trees?  😆

My time at the controls is dwindling yes, but let me report that I have been cruising along very much enjoying my farewell tour.

Good times. 

Thank you for the help y'all. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, touch said:

Now that is funny stuff. I have always thought a bit of pretty female on our thread enhances the readers experience. 

Position accepted.

Remind me what floor the Skin Dept. is on again?

78ebd406c67568f5f57014b2f82f064a.jpgSmoking hot babes in bootsthigh high boots and sweater dress Online13d624d2b2f8157ac01ffa0720a652ba.jpg

I have Brandi and Mandi here for you fresh from FSU school of business to help with your transition to the Skin Dept. up on the 69th floor commish. 

Two for Tuesday - Otherground - MixedMartialArts.com - Forums

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, greenemachine said:

I have Brandi and Mandi here for you fresh from FSU school of business to help with your transition to the Skin Dept. up on the 69th floor commish. 

Two for Tuesday - Otherground - MixedMartialArts.com - Forums

As one who attended every single 2000 home football game at FSU, probably the most beautiful young ladies I have ever seen. I dated a girl on the equestrian team. 💃🏼 🐎 

• Like 3

It is to be noted that the galleries exhibit utter class while attending these events. Makes we Yanks look like boorish misbehavers in comparison. Over here we witness too many times afternoons filled with ruckus drunks who bellow nonsense to get attention. Perhaps it is the poise that the European gallery's display that is one of the aspects I cherish most about The Open Championship.

• Like 2

Are you guys as proud as I am of your dad's first round?

Louis Oosthuizen on Twitter: "He is risen! Wishing you all a happy Easter  and time spent with family. We are now off to Augusta!… "

• Like 3

He is the Steeler's drama now. 

Dwayne Haskins’ Wife Arrested For Domestic Violence; Knocked His Tooth Out With Punch

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/dwayne-haskins-posts-cryptic-message-after-wifes-arrest/

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, touch said:

He is the Steeler's drama now. 

Dwayne Haskins’ Wife Arrested For Domestic Violence; Knocked His Tooth Out With Punch

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/dwayne-haskins-posts-cryptic-message-after-wifes-arrest/

I swear to God commish what the hell is it with these ex-redskin quarterbacks and their girls. First it was the RGIII scandal with him leaving his baby mamma for a mistress and now this. One thing is for certain though, both of them did a helluva lot more off the field then they did on it that's for damn sure. 

Edited by greenemachine
  • Haha 1

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a beer earlier this evening with the new commissioner G1. He was bouncing some new ideas off me for the upcoming NFL Picks contest season. He said he has been a customer at the Axe Tossing bar in West Asheville. I stopped him mid sentence and said don't tell me a thing more about it, instead please tell all us here about it.

So we can look forward to that post.

A24 Releases Another The Green Knight Poster

• Like 3

On 7/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, Petethreeput said:

In my mind these are NOT political, but I would like to lead off with them before I work on my golf recap.

1.  I am not saying climate change is manmade, I am also aware the earth goes through cycles so there is a good chance it isn't, but given the wildfires in the west, something is going on.  I am not for open borders, nor do I believe as was posited a couple of years ago, raking the forests will help.  I believe we need to change our immigration policy since we don't have the manpower to even run a McD's, so if I were president (or whatever), I would ask one simple question, "Can you run a chainsaw?"  It is time to really start doing some strategic logging in the west, particularly national forests, to mitigate the damage of these fires.  There would be great resource benefit, and the changes to the weather/climate could be made less severe.

2.  This is totally selfish.  I truly do not know if Covid is worse than the flu, I am not a doctor, but there certainly seems to be a reticence to to get the vaccine and folks are taking it pretty seriously.  I had my PB trip of 2021 pushed to 2022, and I don't want my Euro trip to be pushed back either.  For the love all things P3P get the vaccine so I can get out of the aforementioned smoke.  And I get it, I am not saying make it mandatory, but this guy thinks some of the folks on the fence need to get a move on, I am looking for a good vacation.

3.  Lastly, last week an "experienced outdoorswoman" was mauled by a grizzly bear about 80 miles from my adopted homeland.  If you are also an experienced outdoors person, can I recommend not keeping food in your tent, and if a griz comes to check it out, don't shoo it away and then go back to sleep.  In our little corner of the world game cameras pick up bears, mountain lions, wolverines, badgers, your name it.  Heck, one woman found a mountain lion in her basement in the middle of the "city."  Just because you are next to the post office doesn't mean there are no bears.

So this weekend I went off the adopted land of Charlie Russell to play a little golf, get a beer at the Sip N Dip, and just do those types of things.  If you are wondering where Jimmy Hoffa is buried I have a clue.  If he was buried in a volkswagen bug, he could have been buried under one of about 15 greens at this course.  I am a pull machine when I get off, so as you know I have been battling the high rights.  I fired an 85 the first day with a lot credit to the high rights and a quick blaming of the mafia burial grounds below the greens.  The next day I worked on something at the range and was able to turn it around with an uneventful 2 over hitting 15 greens in reg.

I will make the Open picks tomorrow morning.  Sometimes a guy has to work.  

1. The few years I lived in Rancho Mirage in Riverside County, CA. it seemed it became very commonplace to be talking about a neighboring wild fire and it's proximity to the Coachella Valley. I experienced falling ash and thick smoke at least three times a year. I was shocked by how the members of the State's CAL FIRE force were worked to death in seemingly hell on earth conditions. The battle was to contain and stop the spread. Yes there have been instances of mental kooks intentionally setting these each season, but it's Mother Nature that is mainly the cause . P3P how can this be the norm each year and no progress is made to lessen the occurrence? Those fighters on the state's CAL FIRE squad get decent pay (130k w/solid benne's) yet have one of the toughest occupations I know.

In 1997 the ex wife and I (vegas days) took our first summer trip to Bozeman to visit a couple of Vegas snowbirds on their turf in 1997. On my first visit to Yellowstone I saw the scars that a giant uncontrolled fire left that beautiful place 9 years prior. Wide spread destruction of natures beauty is mighty saddening. 

2. Why are so many holding out regarding getting vaccinated? In my little world our 125 employees were encouraged to get a vaccine months ago. Not many got with the program. They then offered a hundred free monies. That did nothing to increase the number of vaccinated employees. So back at the beginning of June they greatly sweetened the pot. They announced that there would be a drawing on July 16th. To be in the drawing you must have shown your card to the H.R. dept. that you had gotten a vaccine.The prize is a pair of airline tickets to anywhere in the country (conus). 3 nights lodging credit at 275 per, and $800. Wait what was that dollar amount?  😉  This drawing for a very nice prize package again did nothing to increase the vaccinated employee count. So I am one of 45 names in that drum. Tomorrow afternoon they pull a name. If they select the lucky #8 guy Lorrenzo Percivalle I am grabbing greene and we are going to D.C. to hang with doc for the weekend. Oh there will be a round of golf for sure. So squeeze some luck my way please brothers.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, touch said:

1. The few years I lived in Rancho Mirage in Riverside County, CA. it seemed it became very commonplace to be talking about a neighboring wild fire and it's proximity to the Coachella Valley. I experienced falling ash and thick smoke at least three times a year. I was shocked by how the members of the State's CAL FIRE force were worked to death in seemingly hell on earth conditions. The battle was to contain and stop the spread. Yes there have been instances of mental kooks intentionally setting these each season too, but it Mother Nature mainly the cause . P3P how can this be the norm each year and no progress is made to lessen the occurrence? Those fighters on the state's CAL FIRE squad get decent pay (130k w/solid benne's) yet have one of the toughest occupations I know.

In 1997 the ex wife and I (vegas days) took our first summer trip to Bozeman to visit a couple of Vegas snowbirds on their turf in 1997. On my first visit to Yellowstone I saw the scars that a giant uncontrolled fire left that beautiful place 9 years prior. Wide spread destruction of natures beauty is mighty saddening. 

2. Why are so many holding out regarding getting vaccinated? In my little world our 125 employees were encouraged to get a vaccine months ago. Not many got with the program. They then offered a hundred free monies. That did nothing to increase the number of vaccinated employees. So back at the beginning of June they greatly sweetened the pot. They announced that there would be a drawing on July 16th. To be in the drawing you must have shown your card to the H.R. dept. that you had gotten a vaccine.The prize is a pair of airline tickets to anywhere in the country (conus). 3 nights lodging credit at 275 per, and $800. Wait what was that dollar amount?  😉  This drawing for a very nice prize package again did nothing to increase the vaccinated employee count. So I am one of 45 names in that drum. Tomorrow afternoon they pull a name. If they select the lucky #8 guy Lorrenzo Percivalle I am grabbing greene and we are going to D.C. to hang with doc for the weekend. Oh there will be a round of golf for sure. So squeeze some luck my way please brothers.  

If they would have held this drawing on the 18th then it would have been a lock.

Did you dudes notice that the Final Round of The Open this Sunday falls on July 18th? 

🕺

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

After playing yesterday late afternoon I got a much greater appreciation for Scott Harvey's victory in the Carolina AM.

his scores 

par 70 

73-66-66-65        -10

We had to wait out a grazing by us t-storm that contained not much rain but had plentiful lightning . We did not get out on time. Played 14 holes.  My group had Jordan, one of the clubs's assistant pros, one current college player, and my great golf buddy and coworker BR. 

My driver action was 50/50. I missed some real bad. This causes me to play less confident. I didn't miss too many greens , but when I did I had to hunt for my ball in deep thick Easter basket grass. I had to AXE chop at it from there and pray it would be half decent. Not a bit of touch was I able to use. The fairways were playing so firm and fast. This was my 3rd different green speed that I played this week. I doubled two holes, and made 3 other singles. I shot 7 over. I did hit about 10 real good shots and putts. I achieved more cred with the pro shop worker looking at my overall performance. It was rather lovely outside (British speak) as after the storm skipped by it was a breezy, mostly sunny, and a comfortable 72*. It was a fine afternoon to be on a golf course in Asheville on a summer's day in July.  JD the pro shot even.

So now I know how tough BFCC played during the Am tournament first hand.  I very much like that it is in my rotation of golf courses, but it is defensive golf for me on that 99 year old Donald Ross, and sometimes that limits the fun. I had not played with two of the guys in months, and both of them I really enjoy teeing it up with, so for a third day in a row I got a good dose of golfer's camaraderie. Playing late until dark on a perfect summer's evening can be enriching to a true golf lovers soul.  I know I am fortunate to play this gorgeous course weekly, but it is in trade. The place has a golfer employee who gives his professional best each day for the members. The club is fortunate as well.  

........in overall turf conditions, Biltmore Forest sets the bar in this part of the state.

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Small British Union Jack Flag Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free)  21003826 | Shutterstock

Final picks are in 

greenmachine (122)             Fleetwood                Cantlay              Fitzpatrick

touch (69)                             Louie                        Hovland             Casey 

puttnfor8 (101)                      Spieth                      Grace                 Rory

pete3putt (0)                        Rahm                        DJ                      JT 

NCLancer (42)                     Hatton                       Koepka              Xander

Q  (92)                                  Rahm                         Koepka             McIlroy

doctoro(119)                        Rahm                         Reed                 Westwood     

chuntsman(93)                   Spieth                        Koepka             Xander

jerebear (97)                       Spieth                        Koepka              Morikawa    

Most times I play where I work some member calls aloud " hey look there's Ian Poulter" I'm used to it and I actually take it as a compliment. For if I made it to the Tour level I would be confidently sassy in my dress. I think Pouts carries it off with class. Remember Payne Stewart was my favorite Tour golfer in the 80's. He had presence. Payne always looked so well put together. I have not nor will I ever don a pair of knickers though let that be known. I'm hearing Montana now and it's  a sneer of dang Metrosexual..........jeeeeeeeeshh    😁

I had Poults as one of my original picks, but I changed him to Bernd. Then with the assistance of P48 (thanks PGH for the abbreviation) I changed it once more. I took Paul Casey for a second time in a major this year. Casey can produce on the big stages. Oh and once more, as I do in every major I took a guy named Louie. He makes it look easy with an incredibly calm demeanor. He has one beautiful swing. The South African can putt under pressure. I've always been a fan. And if he does indeed pull this off you might see me incorporate these moves into my Farewell Tour. 

Babies Laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYTop 30 Baby Laughing GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's because he does stuff like this that P3P allows him to spend time in his state.

GOAT

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRRfMP6gEHT/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did not win the drawing at work. The dishwasher had the lucky day. He's a good kid and the little brother of the Sous Chef.

Congrats to Q on your 3 making it to the weekend. You have left Mr. Zero in the dust once more!!

Points are a premium this week and missed cuts are more pricey in England. 

Actually 5 of us dodged the bloody -6 points for a MC in The OPEN today.  4 were not so fortunate.

P3P, Qman, Chuntsman, Jerebear, and Commish, all have their 3 players teeing in up this weekend.

MC's 

The -6 Club 

Greene     ----   Cantlay

Puttinf8   ------ Grace

doctoro ------   Reed

NCLancer ----- Hatton

That is 3 of the guys at the top of our standings that had missed cuts. The stats. department just alerted me that this could get interesting. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

The Open Championship Picks 

end of round 2

greenmachine (122)             Fleetwood                Cantlay mc        Fitzpatrick

puttnfor8 (101)                      Spieth                      Grace mc           Rory

NCLancer (42)                     Hatton mc                Koepka              Xander

doctoro(119)                        Rahm                         Reed mc           Westwood     

• Like 1

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic