Does anyone have any experience with the titleist cncpt irons and do you think they are worth spending the money on in terms of performance? 

Obviously Titleist are using more expensive materials in these irons and they are only available in limited numbers so the price point is high. When they originally launched their premium irons (the c16’s) it looks to me that they were ahead of the game in terms of decreasing loft but keeping the launch high. Is this what they did or is there more to it than that?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've sold a couple of sets.  They feel amazing and when fit well, they're stellar.  All that said, absolutely not.  They're not worth the cash when we can do the same thing with a fit and custom buil

I've been playing the C16 since they were released. Mine are shafted with Nippon Pro Modus 105. They have been in my bag longer than any irons I can remember. Your take is correct. They do have strong

Test them out and then make that big decision worth it or not. 

3 hours ago, Guru of the greens said:

Does anyone have any experience with the titleist cncpt irons and do you think they are worth spending the money on in terms of performance? 

Obviously Titleist are using more expensive materials in these irons and they are only available in limited numbers so the price point is high. When they originally launched their premium irons (the c16’s) it looks to me that they were ahead of the game in terms of decreasing loft but keeping the launch high. Is this what they did or is there more to it than that?

You pretty much nailed it on the button on that one.  Other than that, they're no more better performing than other GI and SGI clubs from other OEMs.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 52 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

My view is that, no, they are not worth the extra dollars or pounds. They look lovely and perform great but really, I am not sure they do anything extra that their ‘regular’ line up of models do. Added into that, any tech which works will eventually be fed into the regular line. Save your cash.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

4 hours ago, Guru of the greens said:

IMHO, there is no club manufacturer that makes a good enough club to justify spending way more money for. None. Don't know what else is out there except maybe XXIO's, but I've seen people with Miuras, the Concepts, and PXG's. Did not help their games one iota. 

That's why I simply play the brand of club that I want, fitted to my specs. That said, if you want to spend that much money on a set of clubs, nothing wrong with that. I say go for it. More power to you 

Edited by North Texas

We've sold a couple of sets.  They feel amazing and when fit well, they're stellar.  All that said, absolutely not.  They're not worth the cash when we can do the same thing with a fit and custom built set of [FILL IN THE BLANK] at a fraction of the cost.  Heck, we can build the entire bag for less.

• Thanks 1

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)

I've been playing the C16 since they were released. Mine are shafted with Nippon Pro Modus 105. They have been in my bag longer than any irons I can remember. Your take is correct. They do have strong lofts, but launch the ball quite high. I would consider myself a low ball flight and these made a big difference for me. Incredibly easy to launch high and straight and distance control is very good. I looked at the newer models and they did not provide real improvement for my numbers so I've stuck with them. For me they have been worth what I paid and would do it again without hesitation. Prior to these I was putting new irons in the bag every year and was using the AP1's which aren't cheap. My last set was 718's and I never put them in play because the C16 was still a better option for me. If you are interested in them find a place to test them and see what kind of numbers you produce. If they perform I think they're worth the cost, regardless of what someone else may feel.

• Thanks 1

Everyone has different tolerances to what they will spend on their hobbies, especially golf.  The same rationale that is used to justify people buying the latest and greatest driver from BrandX every year is the same logic applied to people who opt to spend more for a certain brand or model of irons.  Titleist, TM and Callaway all have "tech" irons that come with an much higher price tag than their regular gear.  

I know single digit players that use 10 year old clubs, obviously the person swinging the club is the most important factor by far, but if certain clubs give them more confidence, who cares.  I have a set of Concept C16 irons, they are great irons, also have a set of PXG Gen 2 P and Epic Forged.  I enjoy playing them all but all are limited by the guy swinging them.  

• Thanks 1

Driver - Home Callaway MAVRIK / G400 MAX
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Epic Forged 5-SW
Wedge - Callaway MD5 JAWS X Grind 60* 
Putter - Odyssey Triple Track 7
Ball - TM TP5X, TM Tour Response

I briefly looked into Concept irons before buying my 620 series sets.  Spec wise, they were ahead of the game but only by a sliver, nothing explicitly merits their high cost, except their limited nature market.  Those irons are technically no better than my 620 series or the T100's.  Difference maybe they are not likely to be seen in anyone else's golf bag.  For that matter, I haven't seen my 620 series in any bags, in CA, AZ, TX or HI, yet some people have bought them.

Reminded me when PXG was first introduced, 3k-5k for a set of irons, and all the hullabaloo that when with them.  Now, look at them. lol  When the price of any item is unusually high, it's meant to attract a certain type of buyer that wants what others don't have.

• Thanks 1
  • Titleist TS2 9.5', Ventus 5 "S"
  • Titleist TS2 16', Ventus 7 "S"
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 17' 2i Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • Titleist 620 Series 3i-PW Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 F-52/8 Tensei AV White AM "S"
  • SM6 M-58/8 DGS200 "S"
  • SC CA Monterey
  • ProV1 or AVX