2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

Shot a 75 (39-36) today with a lot of missed putts and stupid mistakes. The more notable ones were a missed tap in on #5 from a foot out, leaving it in the bunker on two of the par 5's because the sand was really clumpy, and a lot of lipped out birdie putts. But on the positive side I almost had an ace on #12 where the ball was about 3 inches short of the hole and almost holed out for eagle on #16 where my pitch mark damaged the lip with half a ball mark. It could have easily been a smooth 70. Oh well, maybe I can shoot a good round tomorrow when it counts and win a few skins.

Shot a 3 under 69 (36-33) with 5 birdies, 29 putts, 11 Fairways, and 11 GIR's. Played at the Legacy Golf Links in Aberdeen, NC. Good Jack Nicklaus II track. Only played the Blue tee's because that is my friends skill level. Still measured out to 6500 yards, and it is definately not a bomb and gouge style golf course.

played a local muni today (can't beat $18 for 18 holes).

From the tips, the card is 71.7/126 - Par 72 (36/36) - 6524 (3183/3341).

Shot 78 (38/40): 7 FWs (2 missed by less than a yard), 9 GIRs, 30 putts (7 one-putts, 1 three-putt), 1 for 1 from the sand.

2 birdies (hit the stick with a chip for eagle on one of them), 4 bogeys, 2 doubles (18th hole on this course gives me fits).

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

• 2 weeks later...

81, best ball striking round of the year, weakened my grip and was killing my driver, my irons were about .5 to a whole club longer but was puring them...it was 91 degrees today so that may have something to do with it..my short game stunk...3 putts, terrible chipping, etc...6 over on the front only 3 over on the back so i got that going for me...which is nice

Played a course today where I haven't found much success, with my best round being a lousy 82. I beat my best round of the year by one shot, shooting a 73 (+1).

10/14 Fairways

14/18 Greens

32 Putts*

0/4 Up and downs**

*= changed my stance a little, but tried to get rid of all thoughts once I was over the ball. A step in the right direction. I didn't make a ton of putts, but I had one from 50ft, and 2 or 3 8-10 footers.

** = not to detract from a great round, but this is definitley the area I need to improve on to be a scratch golfer. It used to be my strong point, but it's slipped lately.

74......I know for a fact that some Jack @$$ took my ball after I drove it into an open area near an ajacent fairway. If you were the one that took it, I want you to know that I had to play a "lost ball" and took a double on a par four because of it..... I also want you to know that even with that, I won 12 skins, and to which helped me pay for my $4.00 ProV1x you took.

My worst ever score for 18 of 128, however I was playing with new irons I hadn't even been to the range with, on a course that has just aerated the greens (can you say BUMPY!) and with a new brand of balls that i have now thrown away, made top flights feel responsive!

Oh, and the b'stards had me in cart number 13!

• 2 weeks later...

HAHAH. I swear every round for me is the same. I shot 75 at Trophy Club of Atlanta, hit the ball great...but couldn't make a putt. They just replaced the green there about 4-5 months ago, for the life of me I couldn't read any of the greens. I would see 3" left and it would break the opposite way....I would watch a putt break left 5" and then mine would move a hair right. Hit 14 greens, So I will take that way.

72 at Bayonet in Raeford, NC. Played blue tees to make it a 6481 yard course with a great design. 2 birdies and 2 bogeys. 32 putts. Missed 3 putts on back to back to back holes of 6 feet and less. Lag putted great, but couldn't make the birdie putt. Actually a very embarassing day, becuase I turned a rather easy 67 into a 72.

Lol I played in a tournament this weekend.

Now overall I played terrible and putted worse 69 putts for two rounds the greens were running about 12 on the stemp my home course runs about 8

Now I do not want to wine here it was not my weekend sometimes your the bug other times the windshield

But I think I may have set a world record I shot 16 over par for two rounds with just two bogeys.

Thats right 23 pars 3 birdies two bogeys and eight others. Guys thats hard to do.

Lol I played in a tournament this weekend.

Now overall I played terrible and putted worse 69 putts for two rounds the greens were running about 12 on the stemp my home course runs about 8

Now I do not want to wine here it was not my weekend sometimes your the bug other times the windshield

But I think I may have set a world record I shot 16 over par for two rounds with just two bogeys.

Thats right 23 pars 3 birdies two bogeys and eight others. Guys thats hard to do.

Where in NC is there a course with greens that run a 12? I have been in your shoes plenty of times. Makes you kind of frustrated.

Played OK today, level for the 12 holes I played, one birdie one bogey

But along the lines of "guys that's hard to do" my effort last week was 81 (32 -49). I told my mid-handicap playing partners they would probably never see a scorecard like that gain.

I started birdie-birdie-birdie and had it 4 under on the 10th fairway with a 9-iron flying right at the flag. Comes up 6 feet short, in the water, two more balls in the water off the next tee trying to cut the corner and then what followed was a complete mental collapse- I gave up- something that hasn't happened in about 2 years.

It gave me a lot to think about. I'm working on staying ...uhmmm...patient.

On my way home from work yesterday, I decided it was probably the last 90 degree day in Indiana this season. So I headed out to the links.

And to my amazement, NO ONE was out. I had the run of the place (which was lovely.)

Anyways, I was -1 through 15 holes, and finished with 3 bogeys. 74 is a respectable score (but you couldn't tell me that after my round yesterday.) I wasn't satisfied finishing my season with 3 bogeys, so I went back out and played the last 3 holes again, this time in just +1. So all in all, not a bad day at all.

Played 14 holes in +3 tonight. Pretty solid play for me but I 3 putted twice (well once was from an inch off the green so I can fool myself into calling it a 2 jab, the other was about 20 feet, shocking) and missed at least 3 decent birdie opportnities. Felt i was putting the ball were i wanted it from the fairway with my new irons and off the tee i was solid enough after a huge slice off the first with my new 3 wood. All in all I reckon with a few days practice and a decent weekends putting, i can launch an assualt on our club championship this weekend, the final competition of the season!

Taylor Made Sim 9.5 Degree w/ Ventus Black 6X

Taylor Made Sim Ti 3 Wood w/ Diamana Fairway Ltd 75X

Taylor Made UDI #3 w/ Diamana Thump 100X

Titleist T100S 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0

Titleist SM8 50/54/58 x/ Project X 6.0

Evnroll ER2.B

• 3 weeks later...

I shot a 76, 1 under on the front 34, and a 5 over 42 on the back. I was even par until # 15 a par 5 it was then that I started to think about shooting under par for the round. I let my mental game thoughts start to creep in and then went bogie, par, bogie, double bogie to finish. I started thinking too much and I know better. On the positive side it was a great round and the first time I have broken par on the front nine.

:man_in_love:

good work! I got in from a night out at 5 oclock this morning, sober, and was due on the the tee at 8am. First shot of the day is a 200 yd par three onto a two tiered green with the pin on top :man_in_love: I tee up on the right and just pure a bladed 3-iron at the left edge and fade it back into the middle... I got over the thirty footer and left it ten feet short, I ran the next one six feet by, ran that one three feet past, hit the edge with next one, at which point i tried to tap in one handed and lipped out, I walked off with a triple.. I did birdie the next though! tough day..