2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Social Media Wars between Juniors Dads

1 hour ago, tiger1873 said:

It's stupid to make a cut at certain score.  The only way that is fair is to make a Cut from the field or have kids qualify into certain tournaments going forward.

I think Boys just do not put up with stuff that goes on with girls.  Boys are also much more independent in tournaments.  you do not see a lot girls out there by themselves and sometimes you need to be there to deal with certain parents.

It's very common to have girls who do not want to even be in a tournament playing they have no care about golf or the field . Play enough girl tournaments and you just see stuff that just doesn't add up.  The better the field the less likely you will see the drama and that is just something you have to accept.

Boys would never do half of what goes on in girls tournaments.  They never make it out the parking lot if they acted like some of the girls do.

I've heard in tennis that a lot of junior girls that advance tend to be the bigger girls, not because they are better, but because they bully a number of calls from a smaller girl.  The smaller girl gets intimidated, and just kind of goes with it.  IS that dynamic alive in golf as well?  Or is it a different thing?  

5 hours ago, heavy_hitter said:

Why is it that it seems most of the crazy parents/dads belong to Junior Female Golfers?  Very rarely see it on the guys side, but for girl's there are some crazy mom's and dad's.  Social Media is full of these guys.  Helicopter parent's living vicariously through the child's success.  The greatest are the "My daughter hit's it 280 yards" posts.

How much of it could be because boys parents realize that the odds are stacked against them going anywhere real serious, whereas there is possibly a legitimate chance?  I know a tennis coach has said boys have to be really, really good to get looked at for a scholarship, but girls that can keep the ball in have a chance of playing on a college team.  Could it be that, in the parent's minds, the daughter has a much better chance of being a meal ticket?

4 hours ago, heavy_hitter said:

This guy on social media with the initials TH is wacko.  You know exactly who I am talking about.  He thinks he is royalty because his daughter is a Player.  She is good, but man the stories from other parents about him.  Just crazy and his social media comments prove it.  

OK...what did Tanya Harding ever do to you...tough guy?

...please don't break my knees.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 6:32 PM, LeoLeo99 said:

Curious why the penalties are so lenient.  Caught cheating should be DQ at the first infraction.  

So funny story about cheating.  Today my wife took our son and his buddy to a tournament and on the way his friend was telling them that the kid leading the points standing for their division is a known cheater.  Apparently he got booted from the tour last year for multiple cheating infractions.  So then my son goes to tee off and another kid in their group totally out of the blue says "Looks like Xxxxx is cheating his way to the top again".  Just really made me laugh that even the kids know who the cheaters are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:16 PM, leezer99 said:

So funny story about cheating.  Today my wife took our son and his buddy to a tournament and on the way his friend was telling them that the kid leading the points standing for their division is a known cheater.  Apparently he got booted from the tour last year for multiple cheating infractions.  So then my son goes to tee off and another kid in their group totally out of the blue says "Looks like Xxxxx is cheating his way to the top again".  Just really made me laugh that even the kids know who the cheaters are!

If everyone knows about it why is he able to still do it?  The only time I seen people get away with stuff is because the kids playing don't care about golf.   The most problems in junior golf is from parents pushing their kids who do not want to play.

The kids out there working to get better all know and talk.  There is one girl here in South Florida with a mom who is a PGA coach and it's widely known that this girl is a problem.   It's so bad everyone  talks about her every time she plays.  It's actually quite sad because kid is not a bad player either but no one believes them.

Edited by tiger1873

• 3 months later...
On 11/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, leezer99 said:

Things have gotten a bit worse since my last post on this.  I can only assume a kid created a fake Instagram account about this kid they claim has been cheating.  The only post on there is a text exchange between a few kids talking about how he was cheating during an event and how he even tried to teach them how to cheat.  

• Sad 2

On 11/5/2021 at 3:16 PM, golfortennis said:

I've heard in tennis that a lot of junior girls that advance tend to be the bigger girls, not because they are better, but because they bully a number of calls from a smaller girl.  The smaller girl gets intimidated, and just kind of goes with it.  IS that dynamic alive in golf as well?  Or is it a different thing?  

Tennis is definitely worse from what I saw. You do not have a lot of space to cheat in golf compared to tennis.

On 2/27/2022 at 9:11 AM, leezer99 said:

Things have gotten a bit worse since my last post on this.  I can only assume a kid created a fake Instagram account about this kid they claim has been cheating.  The only post on there is a text exchange between a few kids talking about how he was cheating during an event and how he even tried to teach them how to cheat.  

Stop trolling I call BS on this.   It obvious you like to troll.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, tiger1873 said:

Stop trolling I call BS on this.   It obvious you like to troll.

He isn't trolling and it isn't BS, the account he is talking about is sitting on IG for all to see. Just because someone has a different opinion than you, typically a correct one since it is not yours, does not mean they are trolling. 

Edited by BloctonGolf11
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

He isn't trolling and it isn't BS, the account he is talking about is sitting on IG for all to see. Just because someone has a different opinion than you, typically a correct one since it is not yours, does not mean they are trolling. 

He is  still trolling.   No reason to spread any fake social media accounts. That is never appropriate. Usually garbage like that is spread by the person who created it.  

When you come across what is obviously a fake account it should have been reported to instagram and move on.

2 minutes ago, tiger1873 said:

He is  still trolling.   No reason to spread any fake social media accounts. That is never appropriate. Usually garbage like that is spread by the person who created it.  

When you come across what is obviously a fake account it should have been reported to instagram and move on.

He is not sharing it, there is no link, he is just pointing out the ridiculous nature that that situation has gotten too. That is not trolling Tiger. 

7 minutes ago, BloctonGolf11 said:

He is not sharing it, there is no link, he is just pointing out the ridiculous nature that that situation has gotten too. That is not trolling Tiger. 

He sure did send it to me.  I can tell you it is not something that should have been shared to anyone.  He posted it here hoping people would see it or share it.

Not going to talk about this anymore.  Fake media accounts are just that and no one should believe anything they say. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tiger1873 said:

He sure did send it to me.  I can tell you it is not something that should have been shared to anyone.  He posted it here hoping people would see it or share it.

Not going to talk about this anymore.  Fake media accounts are just that and no one should believe anything they say. 

I shared it with you privately to prove it wasn’t trolling. Obviously you don’t care for empirical evidence. The reason it popped up in my feed is because of the similar followers. Both accounts have tried to follow my private account and have been blocked / deleted. There’s absolutely no reason for me to engage. 

• Like 2