Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

6 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

Yes you can use the unit without paying anything. 

the subscriptions are only to get data on external sources such as iPad, and PC. 

you can take the unit anywhere and always get the following information on the unit screen: 

Ball Speed 

club speed 

efficiency (smash factor)

launch angle (vertical)

launch angle (horizontal)

Carry 

side spin 

back spin 

Angle of attack. 

more information is available with subscription and seeing the data on the external sources (such as height, land angle, etc). 

I thought back/side spin and spin axis was locked unless you had gold?  Also angle of attack and path?  Is that only for the software and the device still shows these numbers? Website also says the barometer is locked until gold level.

36 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I thought back/side spin and spin axis was locked unless you had gold?  Also angle of attack and path?  Is that only for the software and the device still shows these numbers? Website also says the barometer is locked until gold level.

You're correct, if you don't have a gold subscription or an unlocked unit it will only give you total spin and then a little padlock symbol where spin-axis or sidespin would be.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:12 PM, icemann9 said:

Thank you.  

If it helps, we came from a Mevo+ and upgraded to the BLP. Love it. The M+ accuracy of numbers was off to us. Other big issues were not picking up shots even outside in bright daylight. Maybe for us 30-40% of shots. Then battery life was really weak.

I think you have to pay an extra $1k for more data now. If cost is flexible, I would definitely go BLP. It has absolutely helped.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

If it helps, we came from a Mevo+ and upgraded to the BLP. Love it. The M+ accuracy of numbers was off to us. Other big issues were not picking up shots even outside in bright daylight. Maybe for us 30-40% of shots. Then battery life was really weak.

I think you have to pay an extra $1k for more data now. If cost is flexible, I would definitely go BLP. It has absolutely helped.

Yeah, I think you are right.  Just wish basic subscription had a few more data points, like AoA.  

Edited by icemann9

On 5/30/2022 at 7:26 AM, YoungJedi said:

Yes you can use the unit without paying anything. 

the subscriptions are only to get data on external sources such as iPad, and PC. 

you can take the unit anywhere and always get the following information on the unit screen: 

Ball Speed 

club speed 

efficiency (smash factor)

launch angle (vertical)

launch angle (horizontal)

Carry 

side spin 

back spin 

Angle of attack. 

more information is available with subscription and seeing the data on the external sources (such as height, land angle, etc). 

On 5/30/2022 at 7:29 AM, Bubbtubbs said:

It works the same on the device screen with any level of subscription, the only difference is what data metrics it's allowed to report and having access to external devices and software. 

Thank you both - that does make a difference

23 hours ago, icemann9 said:

Yeah, I think you are right.  Just wish basic subscription had a few more data points, like AoA.  

haha. That’s how they get you. Even on M+ you don’t get AOA without the premium data I believe. It’s $800/yr on BLP but so helpful especially on driver. Then the inside 6 feet game is really beneficial. 

I feel better thinking it’s just $66/mo 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

haha. That’s how they get you. Even on M+ you don’t get AOA without the premium data I believe. It’s $800/yr on BLP but so helpful especially on driver. Then the inside 6 feet game is really beneficial. 

I feel better thinking it’s just $66/mo 😂

Basic Mevo+ has AoA and clubhead speed by default, just no club path information.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, Bubbtubbs said:

Basic Mevo+ has AoA and clubhead speed by default, just no club path information.

Thanks for clarifying. My memory is getting bad, but I could have sworn when it first came out, it didn't have AOA. Wondering if they changed that to get more competitive. 

There are people having Issues with AOA on the M+. Ours issues on it were accuracy of numbers, battery life and it having a hard time picking up shots:

31 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

Thanks for clarifying. My memory is getting bad, but I could have sworn when it first came out, it didn't have AOA. Wondering if they changed that to get more competitive. 

There are people having Issues with AOA on the M+. Ours issues on it were accuracy of numbers, battery life and it having a hard time picking up shots:

There are definitely issues. Some of them are caused by inconsistent setup but they seem to be slowly fixing the others.

A good number of the difficulties I see on social media - aside from wild environment setups - stem from an insufficient understanding of how the unit measures what it does, such as directly comparing club metrics like AoA and dynamic loft with Trackman data, even though the two units measure those parameters at different points and will never be in alignment.

Pretty great range unit for the price and great indoors for approach clubs, adequate otherwise.

Edited by Bubbtubbs

Disregard below questions, just ended up getting the BLP myself.  The only Wi-Fi disconnects I’ve experience between the unit and my iPad Pro has been when the iPad’s display auto-locks after the set time (which was 5 minutes in my case).  I set it to the maximum of 15 minutes, which works for me as I punch in a different club within that timeframe, so the display doesn’t turn off any more.

Based on what I can tell, a hardwire connection between the unit and iPad isn’t possible.

My initial biggest complaint is that the unit refuses to recognize the alignment stick on my fiberbuilt grass series hitting mat, but works fine on other surfaces.  I’m assuming the synthetic tall grass confuses the heck out of the sensors.

It seems folks at times have issues with connection/random disconnects between the unit and ipad wirelessly.  Is it possible to perform a hardwire connection between the unit and ipad? (if so, does it remedy the disconnect issues?)

Also, it'd be awesome if anyone could share screenshots of FSX Pro App and the data & ball flight visuals you can see with just the bronze description.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by catalystman

On 5/25/2022 at 3:08 PM, SollyinGA said:

I just purchased a GC3. For those that are concerned with the wait time, I was quoted that the wait time is 1 to 2 weeks. I will reply again once my unit has been shipped.

Just to follow up. My GC3 should arrive on Monday. Wait time for me was just less than a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, larciel said:

I was updating FW at 0% battery with USB c connecting to wall charger. Thank God it didn't power off during update and brick it.

Yikes. I would hope that the unit is smart enough to see how low the charge level is and stop the FW update. Also, FWIW, don't update to the latest FW version. You want to be on 1.1.11.11 or 1.1.8.8; the latest version has major issues with ball detection and FS doesn't seem all that interested in fixing it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, whumber said:

Yikes. I would hope that the unit is smart enough to see how low the charge level is and stop the FW update. Also, FWIW, don't update to the latest FW version. You want to be on 1.1.11.11 or 1.1.8.8; the latest version has major issues with ball detection and FS doesn't seem all that interested in fixing it.

Oops 

How do you downgrade? 

I've had no problems with the latest firmware, while connected to PC via USB. Not a single ball has gone undetected out of 800+ swings. The only issues I ever noticed were when I tried to connect to my PC via wifi - since I changed to USB I've had no problems.

Edited by SteveDave
  • Like 1

Man I was seriously considering upgrading to the gc3/BLM, but with all these complaints and issues in this tread I’ll just stick to my Mevo+ for now an be content.  Seems crazy that the foresight team doesn’t want to fix these pretty glaring issues with the Wi-Fi connection and ball detection.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

8 minutes ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

Man I was seriously considering upgrading to the gc3/BLM, but with all these complaints and issues in this tread I’ll just stick to my Mevo+ for now an be content.  Seems crazy that the foresight team doesn’t want to fix these pretty glaring issues with the Wi-Fi connection and ball detection.

I wouldn't be too put off, it's still an extremely good unit with the older FW versions. The wi-fi issues are not a big deal, just that it might disconnect once or twice over a few hour session. That said, if you're thinking of making the change and aren't in a rush I would 100% recommend waiting until the Eye Mini is released as it's looking like that could be an extremely good alternative.

4 hours ago, whumber said:

I wouldn't be too put off, it's still an extremely good unit with the older FW versions. The wi-fi issues are not a big deal, just that it might disconnect once or twice over a few hour session. That said, if you're thinking of making the change and aren't in a rush I would 100% recommend waiting until the Eye Mini is released as it's looking like that could be an extremely good alternative.

Yep, I am definitely putting my purchase on hold for sure. I’m in no rush and for the moment I’m 100% content with my Mevo+ and what it provides.

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

15 hours ago, whumber said:

Of course by the time the Eye Mini is actually available in quantity there will be some other unit on the horizon that looks much more attractive. 

• Like 1

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

35 minutes ago, North Butte said:

Of course by the time the Eye Mini is actually available in quantity there will be some other unit on the horizon that looks much more attractive. 

Such is the world of emerging tech.

At least most of these devices hold their value reasonably well so you can flip it later if something better emerges. Can't say that about many consumer electronics.