Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

26 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I’ll just remind you of your pick of a definitive Packers win over the 9ers last week and leave it at that 😉 But we shall see my friend. 

Hush you Bay Area Homer. 😄

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

AFC and NFC  Championship games

PICKS 

P3P              Kansas City           San Fran              LA/SF Under 

P48              Cincinnati               Los Angeles        LA/SF  Under

LP                Kansas City             Los Angeles          KC/Cincy Over

doc              Cincinnati            KC/Cincy Under     San Fran            

CH               Kansas City           San Fran               KC/Cincy Over 

G1               Cincinnati                San Fran                   LA/SF Over  

Q                Kansas City           KC/Cincy Under     Los Angeles 

NCL  wants 6 w's!     KC                LA                            KC/Cincy Over 

Edited by touch

All are in

PICKS 

G1               Cincinnati                San Fran                   LA/SF Over  

NCL  wants 6 w's!     KC                LA                            KC/Cincy Over 

1 hour ago, touch said:

Hush you Bay Area Homer. 😄

😂 Believe it or not I like the Rams and Dodgers quite a bit. So I won’t be mad at a 9er or Rams W. So I guess that makes more of a Cali Homer 😆 Only team in the playoffs I really don’t like is KC.  aka the Ronald McDonalds! 🍟😜

Edited by TiScape

9 hours ago, TiScape said:

😂 Believe it or not I like the Rams and Dodgers quite a bit. So I won’t be mad at a 9er or Rams W. So I guess that makes more of a Cali Homer 😆 Only team in the playoffs I really don’t like is KC.  aka the Ronald McDonalds! 🍟😜

Dodger fan eh??  What’s the scuttlebutt on you guys signing our 1st baseman here in Atlanta?

18 hours ago, touch said:

It has started to snow here in Asheville. With the ferocious storm that is scheduled to hit the East Coast later this evening I invite the members of our group to chime in over the next few days with how bad they got walloped with the white stuff from Mother Nature. 

* This excludes the lucky brats from Arizona, California, and Georgia. You guys play nice. 😄

I made it into work. Asheville weather on Saturday morning the 29th of July is 17* with 3-5 inches of snow and winds of 30+ mph. Oh how I wish I was visiting P48 in the desert right now. 

Edited by touch

Static map

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCLancer said:

You must have been dreaming of summer...it's still January LP!!

Great catch NCL. 

Yes either dreaming or my head was still frozen from the walk from the parking lot into work.

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

Dodger fan eh??  What’s the scuttlebutt on you guys signing our 1st baseman here in Atlanta?

Well the A’s are my team. Not a Giants fan. Mainly bcs of their fans here. Bcs of their success starting in 2010 all the sudden everyone here is a fan and they are quite obnoxious (see pretentious) about it. I will say that Oracle Park is an absolute gem. What a stadium and setting (pain in the a** to get to and park tho). So the Dodgers are my NL team. Went to college in So Cal. Are you talking about Freddie? I haven’t heard anything. But with the way the Dodgers spend, I wouldn’t be surprised. What have you heard?

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '中公産® LI 12 @NFL_MEMES @NFL MEMES ዮ'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

Well the A’s are my team. Not a Giants fan. Mainly bcs of their fans here. Bcs of their success starting in 2010 all the sudden everyone here is a fan and they are quite obnoxious (see pretentious) about it. I will say that Oracle Park is an absolute gem. What a stadium and setting (pain in the a** to get to and park tho). So the Dodgers are my NL team. Went to college in So Cal. Are you talking about Freddie? I haven’t heard anything. But with the way the Dodgers spend, I wouldn’t be surprised. What have you heard?

That would be the L.A. A's right? Lol. 

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Now

Tom Brady's Company, TB12 Sports, Deletes Tweet About Star QB's Reported Retirement

The quarterback has reportedly not told coach Bruce Arians of his retirement plans, Arians telling Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer via text message: “No, he hasn't.”

So hold tight this might be a 

Pin on Just Saying

😅

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

Edited by touch

6 hours ago, TiScape said:

I am truly surprised. Thought for sure at least one more year… Dang. 

*odds he pulls a Gronk and comes back? He’s just so dang competitive. Gonna be tuff for him to finish with that tuff loss. 

He has not officially retired yet. But all the talking heads seem to think it's a done deal.

• Like 1

Last Tuesday I went down to Tryon but I didn't have to drive solo this time. It was a surprise to me that #1 golf buddy decided it would be warm enough to play and wanted in on the week's Links action. He is not the winter golf warrior like your commish.  Stan and I crossed the state line and headed into Gamecockville, Lindsay Land to tee it up at one of our favorite courses.

We arrived in plenty of time for a solid warm up. I had not picked up a club in two weeks due to the 10" of snow dump we received. Things were just fine with my ball striking on the range and I had some good feel with the wedges working on the short game green for 20 minutes. I had the speed of the practice green dialed after doing 10 minutes of my Crenshaw 20-40 drill. This is Links O Tryon and it's one of the few tracks I play where I am somewhat confident rolling putts. 

It was a surprise that my favorite AVL golf buddy decided to come down with me this week for sure, but an even greater and very extremely welcomed surprise was who walked over to the range to shake my hand.  Karl would be our fourth. Mike had told me a month and half ago that Karl had developed an irregular heartbeat and was weekly having tests done so he would be out of the game until he got his doctor's ok to resume playing. Karl was having weak almost fainting spells. Karl said he felt normal and he was looking forward to playing his first round in 7 weeks. 

White tees 

When we were on the range it was P Cloudy zero wind and 57*.  When we made the turn it was a little more cloudy and it hit 65 glorious degrees. I started to shed layers on number 4. 

Mike, Karl, Stan and I hit our first drives down the number one fairway at 1PM 

I looked off from the first tee box waiting for my turn to hit and something came to my attention. The two carts we had were numbers 8 and 18. (Karl in cart #8 in first photo) I thought well this means something kind of memorable might happen during our 18 holes today. LP believes in number 8 power. 

Fairway and green to 10 feet on the first hole. I missed it and made par. Hole number two saw me come over the top with my 3wd off the tee and tug it OB left. A double reared its' head early. I hit a fairway and got on in regulation on the par 5 third. Two putts. On the par 3 fourth I hit a 5 iron to the fringe and 3 putted from there. Three over after four out of the gate. My swing felt solid so I was hoping to get steady and make some pars. On five it was a fairway and green and two putt par. On number six the short par 4 I hit a 5 wood off the tee (second photo with Mike on the box). I had 133 in. You have to drop your approach on this green off to the side on a bank and let it funnel down the bottom if the pin is where it was. I purred and 8 iron to my spot on the bank and it rolled down to inside a foot. A birdie and that brought me down to 2 over. On number 7 the pin was back and that is the toughest placement. I hit a small cut back there and got it to 15 feet. I two putted and was the only one in the group that made par on the toughest par 3 on the course. On 8 the par 5 I smoked a drive and a three wood but put my third shot into face of a green side bunker and had a horrible sunny side up lie. As I addressed the shot Mike reminded me to close down the face a good bit of my SW when dealing with an egg lie. I got it out ok but did not make the putt. Bogey 6. Back up to 3 over. Hole 9 is a long par 4 with a quite sloped green. I center cut my drive and had 161 remaining. I pulled 4 hybrid and smoked it to 12 feet. I burned the edge, but anytime I make par on nine I am pleased. I made the turn with a 3 over 39. 

Had a sandwich and some chips as we waited on the 10th tee for the group in front to tee off. This was to be our only wait all day.

I've had good success on 10 the last 4 times we've played Links. This is the hardest hole on the course. (approach shot 5th photo) I hit a fine drive to where the picture was taken from. I hit a hybrid too well and went long left behind the green. I had a very tough downhill 60* flop with not much green to work with. It came up short. I the ran that putt from off the green 6 feet by. Made my second double on the day.  5 over after 10. I hit the fairway on 11 and put my approach shot on the green but in a very difficult spot 50 feet from the pin. 3 jacked for a second time. Bogey and up to six over.  I thought I can just keep grinding and possibly par out because my swing felt very solid and my short game wasn't that terrible.  The par 3 12th (6th photo with Stan on the box) played 147. I hit a 6 iron to 5 feet and was the closest. My birdie try lipped out. On the short but intimidating dog leg left with a full water carry approach par 4  13th (photo 3 the fairway and photo 4 the green) I hit a 5 wood to my ideal spot. I had 101 in. I stuck a PW over the pond to 4 feet. By far my best iron shot under pressure for the day.  I drained it for my second birdie. Back down to five over. Number 14 the uphill easiest par 5 on the course that I so often make par on saw me butcher it last Tuesday. I hit the high very hard block into the tree line on the right. Not OB over there.  I was in jail though and had to punch out of the roots with a 7 iron. I then hit a royal fatty 3 wood ( my worst fairway wood shot in 3 months) that went maybe 100 yards. I then missed the green. I upchucked and made a double 7 which took me to 7 over. I missed the green short on the par 3 15th "The Beauty" and hit a poor chip. A bogey followed my double. 8 over with three to play. Once again it happened. I can't recall the exact number of times, but of late I have been finishing my rounds with a string of steady pars. I hit all fairways and greens and did not have a 3rd three putt coming in. 17 is the second toughest hole on the course. I hit a hybrid in from 158 uphill and it was 20 yards short. I hit a solid lob wedge (my best short game touch shot of the day)  from there to inside two feet and made the par saving putt. I got it together in the end and made 3 pars coming in.  I took 2nd place with my 8 over 80. Mike was the winner with a 77. 

Yes I did mess up a few holes bad, but I made two decent birdies. I three whacked twice.  I hit 11 fairways and 12 greens. My game felt pretty good after having a two week layoff. 

No nothing too significant happened regarding my play during the round, but I think I know what those golf cart numbers at the start were all about.

First, the double 8's brought back the chance to play with Karl and Stan again. 

Second, I went on to post an 8 over 80 for the round. 

I am claiming now that if I go 3-0 with my picks this weekend that these numbers had some kind of influence. 

It was 65* last Tuesday and I was fortunate enough to be out on the golf course.   

I had a blast playing my 5th round of 2022.

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Tomorrow is mighty large. 

Our standings are sure to take a jolt and adjust some once the dust has settled on Conference Championship weekend. 

Love it !

The final push 💥

Edited by touch

All are in

PICKS 

NCL           Kansas City               KC/Cincy Over         Los Angeles  

• Like 1

Sunday Funnies 

Ihave to hang up, my food is burning! - ) | Funny cartoons, Funny quotes,  Cartoon jokesFunny Comics For People With A Dark Sense Of Humor | Bored Panda

Bamforth Black Triangle Saucy Rude Comic Series Postcard No. 874 | Topics -  Cartoons & Comics - Comics, Postcard / HipPostcard

21 Funny one ideas | funny, funny pictures, funny cartoons

Hilarious Cartoon Joke – ROFL!! - Best Funny Jokes and Hilarious Pics 4U 

http://sfwallpaper.com/images/funny-cartoon-pictures-13.jpgTalking About Jesus Is a Great Way to Get Left Alone | The Zen of South Park

Hilarious Cartoon Joke - ROFL! - Best Funny Jokes and Hilarious Pics 4U

A little dump of some of my cartoons about kids - Album on Imgur

• Haha 4

Who we have today 

Sides 

Kansas City -     P3P  LP  CH  Q  NCL

Cincinnati    -     G1   doc  P48

LA Rams  -         P48    LP   Q   NCL

San Fran  -         P3P    CH   G1   doc

totals 

KC/Cincy Under    -     doc   Q 

KC/Cincy   Over    -     NCL  LP  CH

LA/SF      Under   -      P3P  P48

LA/SF       Over    -      G1 

• Like 1

This man could be the hand of God. 
A miracle of epic proportions. 
sent to us as the son of God. 
Folks he is no mere mortal he is Tom Brady 

Crucified on the airwaves by over zealous idiots that work for ESPN. 
This is why I rarely watch ESPN anymore. 

Come back from the dead 

I give you him delivered to us from all things evil. 
image.png.053bc4673bc8ffcb9b7d329fe8ad48c6.png

Tiscape you are going with KC and San Fran correct? 

How about a total in one of the two games also?   Join the group for the week. 

LA/SF  46 1/2 

KC/Cincy   54 1/2 

55 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

My picks…

Bengals!

9ers!

Oh man they are already showing the “thanks for the memories” pieces on Brady. Like he’s yesterday’s news already. 

I hope he not watching!

You are in, but how about one total prediction as we all did that as well. 

LA/SF  46 1/2 

KC/Cincy   54 1/2 

Picks 

🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♀️

The bonus boys 

bscnt         Cincinnati                 San Fran

TS              Kansas City              San Fran