Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

News from the guy at the controls. 

Gentlemen once again I ask you to check your points from yesterday. I did not drink a drop during the Playoff games and yet I had my sloppiest evening regarding record keeping all year. I am pretty burned out with the numbers. Remember we started the PGA Tour picks thread a month ago so that has me doing double duty. Let me say that I am very grateful for Q's assistance with the numbers on both of our threads, and if it were not for his help this year I would have packed up my things, grabbed the closest single adventure seeking petite brunette, jumped in the car and driven out to the Californian desert. Thank you very much Q. 

First I did the entire sheet of records for all 8 of us following the end of the second game. I mistakenly gave everyone a push for the LA/SF game. I caught that error and corrected it. Then I see that I incorrectly gave G1 a 6-0 record. I overlooked that he had the over (and Doubled) in the Rams / 49 rs game. I had put greenemelon bunched in with Doc and Basic as one of 3 undefeated picker winners for the week. Well I caught it and corrected that to G1 gets a 4-2 record and only a silver medal for the week. If those two weren't costly fumbles enough I dropped another one this morning. I checked my emails just before teeing off and received a correction from Q that he did not go 0-5 like I had posted. He went 2-3. He had KC/Cincy under (Doubled) and rather than give him a +2  I gave him instead a -2.  Here is my tally of Q's from above that I have not yet corrected.

Q            Kansas City L      KC/Cincy Under Wx2    Los Angeles L x2        0-5

I told Q to please correct his total and I would get on this evening and point out to the group how I made an error in his total. Now I might get a few comments regarding the fact that I smoke weed, but that is not to blame for my extra shoddy math this weekend. Like I said my record keeping burnout is real. 

How we are doing the Super Bowl and the lines we will use will be up within the hour. I first have a few questions for the P3P regarding that Pebble trip. Spectacular photographs of the coastline P3P. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Questions and observations for Pete. 

Pic 1.   Yes with a forest view one gets to gaze out of their room and into the clusters of the Chevy Tahoe forest and Honda Ridgeline forest. But hey they at least gave you a 36" patio to watch the sunset from while you burned one and listened to the Dead's concert from May 1977 at the Boston Garden. 

Pic 2.  There is some slope in those fairways jack. So cool you got to play right before the AT&T was going to take place as the conditions look mint. Blue water, blue skies, and stunning green grass combine to make some of the best golf scenery there is in the US.  Off in the distance I see a home with a Spanish Tile roof. Making me homesick for the west P3P.  😦  That photo is excellent. 

Pic 3. Don't block it, push it, or slice it here. 

You forgot to share the photo of you in the rented wet suit with a surfboard riding the waves below the cliffs. The mist hovering is a way cool effect. Great photography. 

Pic 4.  No. 7 at Pebble. Nothing needs to be said.

Pic. 5   P3P goes off early and is a dew sweeper. The sun is just now sharing some warmth with the first offs. 

Pic. 6  The CBS towers for the broadcast are ready.

Pic. 7   Spectacular photo. Is that a support line for the tree running all the way across the cove? Don't want to lose the uniquely located tree. 

I have not been there but hope to one day. I am a scenery guy and your photos were outstanding. 

I especially enjoyed your post Pete. I think you and your wife hit the bullseye weather wise for your escape weekend to the Monterrey Peninsula.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, touch said:

Questions and observations for Pete. 

Pic 1.   Yes with a forest view room one gets to gaze out of their room and into the clusters of the Chevy Tahoe forest and Honda Ridgeline forest. But hey they at least gave you a 36" patio to watch the sunset from while you burned one and listened to the Dead's concert from May 1977 at the Boston Garden. 

Pic 2.  There is some slope in those fairways jack. So cool you got to play right before the AT&T was going to take place as the conditions look mint. Blue water, blue skies, and stunning green grass combined to make some of the best golf scenery there is in the US.  Off in the distance I see a home with a Spanish Tile roof. Making me homesick for the west P3P.  😦  That photo is excellent. 

Pic 3. Don't block it, push it, or slice it here. 

You forgot to share the photo of you in the rented wet suit with a surfboard riding the waves below the cliffs. The mist hovering is a way cool effect. Great photography. 

Pic 4.  No. 7 at Pebble. Nothing needs to be said.

Pic. 5   P3P goes off early and is a dew sweeper. The sun is just now sharing some warmth with the first offs. 

Pic. 6  The CBS towers for the broadcast are ready.

Pic. 7   Spectacular photo. Is that a support line for the tree running all the way across the cove? Don't want to lose the uniquely located tree. 

I have not been there but hope to one day. I am a scenery guy and your photos were outstanding. 

I especially enjoyed your post Pete. I think you and your wife hit the bullseye weather wise for your escape weekend to the Monterrey Peninsula.

That tree is the logo tree for the course. It’s over 250 years old so they have it wired to keep it standing. The wires just run into the rock outcropping.  Really cool.

No surfing for me. Old guys with no balance don’t spend time on the board.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Touch,  I've checked and re-checked my scores from this week-end and, yup, still 0 -6.🤮 

Listen my NC brother I stunk up the joint as well with my 0-5.  I feel ya. This past Sunday you and I were the only passengers on the All L's train. Thanks for pushing us nice and steady down the tracks. 

Cute Dog GIF - Cute Dog Pet - Discover & Share GIFs 

• Like 3

Super Bowl 

Make the following picks.

1. Side   (may be doubled)   1 or 2 point value

2. Total  (may be doubled)   1 or 2 point value 

3. Who will be winning at halftime (no doubling allowed)   1 point value 

4. Predict the final score and the participant who comes closest will win a 2 point bonus.  

LA Rams -4 1/2      v.    Cincinnati Bengals                48 1/2 

I suggest TS and Basic do all four picks as well, but their closest guess at the final score will of course be only between them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TiScape said:

When do we find out why the Motown Kid isn’t rooting for Matty Stafford??? 

I will get to it. I have two weeks. lol  I have been busy with work here and on the golf picks thread as well. I have not forgotten about you Nor Cal. I just want some time to write a good piece with my answer. 

On this last day of January I got in my 6th round for the month. Not bad considering we had 13 inches of snow from two winter storms and it has been quite often damn cold. I wanted to tell a bit about it tonight but my commish duties took a good bit of time. I have typed enough for this evening.  

Happy to report that the winter golf warrior will be playing again tomorrow here in town. 

• Like 3

Ok a one hole recap.

I will tell you now how 17 played differently for two of us in the foursome.

A half a glass of wine is needed as I download a photo from today. 

The group today down south was Mike, Karl, myself, and George. I don't get to play enough with George because he is still a hard working young man. He had a rare weekday off. 35 years old and hits it a ton. He is a big man. He is a player. His drives go 305 and his P wedge 150 something. George has a very smooth tempo and is a joy to play with. He plays from the whites with us so he can hang with the cool guys. 

17 (not this photo) is the dog leg zig zag water all around steep uphill approach shot par 4. 

How it played differently today for two golfers in the foursome. 

LP  smokes a 3 wood to 20 yards behind the 150 marker center cut and pure. 

G hits a 5 iron to 10 yards in front of me.  

LP has 173 in and it's quite uphill, again he selects his 3 wood. He nuts the perfect lil' cut and it hits the center of the green and stops 25 feet behind the pin. 

G hits a towering shot to the green that drops 8 feet under the hole. 

As we drove up to the green I asked George what club he used for his approach shot. He told me a 9. Really I said with laughter a friggin'  9.  How many more clubs is a 3 wood than a 9 iron George?  I'm cracking up good. 

I two putted for par and Big G missed his birdie. 

Put two pars on the scorecard.

One (old man) got his with a pair of 3 woods and a pair of putts and the youngster did the same with a 5 and 9 iron. 

With Mike's 290 yard drives and George's 300+'s it was a fun afternoon to have a front row seat inside the ropes.

More later in the week. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, touch said:

The group today down south was Mike, Karl, myself, and George. I don't get to play enough with George because he is still a hard working young man. He had a rare weekday off. 35 years old and hits it a ton. He is a big man. He is a player. His drives go 305 and his P wedge 150 something. George has a very smooth tempo and is a joy to play with. He plays from the whites with us so he can hang with the cool guys. 

17 (not this photo) is the dog leg zig zag water all around steep uphill approach shot par 4. 

How it played differently today for two golfers in the foursome. 

LP  smokes a 3 wood to 20 yards behind the 150 marker center cut and pure. 

G hits a 5 iron to 10 yards in front of me.  

LP has 173 in and it's quite uphill, again he selects his 3 wood. He nuts the perfect lil' cut and it hits the center of the green and stops 25 feet behind the pin. 

G hits a towering shot to the green that drops 8 feet under the hole. 

As we drove up to the green I asked George what club he used for his approach shot. He told me a 9. Really I said with laughter a friggin'  9.  How many more clubs is a 3 wood than a 9 iron George?  I'm cracking up good. 

I two putted for par and Big G missed his birdie. 

Put two pars on the scorecard.

One (old man) got his with a pair of 3 woods and a pair of putts and the youngster did the same with a 5 and 9 iron. 

With Mike's 290 yard drives and George's 300+'s it was a fun afternoon to have a front row seat inside the ropes.

More later in the week. 

PXL_20220131_201114364.jpg

I like your game better...seems more "refined"!

• Like 1

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Joe Burrow on his way back home after beating Mahomes on the road'

• Haha 4

Who's here is going to doubt him in two weeks?  

Who is Joe Burrow's girlfriend? A 2022 relationship timeline for the  Bengals QB & Olivia Holzmacher | Sportingnews

Edited by touch

The young man has extreme swagger and ALL the game to back it up.

I will make the first pick and take Mr. Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals plus some points in the Super Bowl.

Dolphins Were Prepared To Trade All Three 2020 First-Round Picks To Bengals  For Joe Burrow

Video: Former LSU QBs Send Congratulatory Message To Joe Burrow

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Y'all see that the lobbying TS did recently with his Matt Stafford push had little effect on this Michigander.

😄

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TiScape said:

What a mature and confident man that isn’t compensating for anything wears on game day. 😉 

0634C0F8-C329-4C8C-BEF2-DC29583AF4F0.jpeg

He is a born raised Texan from Dallas. Who in the mitten are you trying to fool Cali boy?  😆 Talk Kirk Cousins and I'll listen. 

My favorite Detroit Lion QB.

The best NFL player from each of the 50 states - Page 29

• Like 1

Greg Landry 

GREG LANDRY 8X10 PHOTO DETROIT LIONS PICTURE NFL FOOTBALL VS BROWNS | eBay

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, touch said:

He is a born raised Texan from Dallas. Who in the mitten are you trying to fool Cali boy?  😆 Talk Kirk Cousins and I'll listen. 

My favorite Detroit Lion QB.

The best NFL player from each of the 50 states - Page 29

Who cares where he is originally from! He gave Detroit 12 years of his blood sweat and tears with little to no help! Brady is from CA and the Beantown boys would still take a bullet for the guy! Nice try touch! 😜

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Who cares where he is originally from! He gave Detroit 12 years of his blood sweat and tears with little to no help! Brady is from CA and the Beantown boys still would still take a bullet for the guy! Nice try touch! 😜

The Great Lake State can surely cultivate winners.   💥

Tom Brady says he learned to be 'all about the team' at Michigan

• Like 1

finesse

[ fi-ness ]
skill in handling a difficult or highly sensitive situation; adroit and artful management:

Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow Gets Slimed After SpongeBob Gives Him NVP  Trophy - Sports Illustrated Cincinnati Bengals News, Analysis and More
  • Like 1