Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

We had this fine recap.

Petethreeput

• Petethreeput

Weekend golf update:

A couple of "serious" or as serious as I get games this weekend.  I jumped into a non-regular game on Saturday and played pretty well.  It was quickly noted the millenium falcon wasn't in the bag and the one guy who invited me said, "Why would you change putters?  You never missed with the old one?"  Well, he only seen me playing during the covid heater so little does he know my screen name.  Anyway, it went better than I deserved and I shot a 1 over with a few birdies.  I don't keep stats because I simply am not crafty enough, and I don't like to know my score either.  So I just wing it out there and hope that each time I send that silly ball forward I can find it.

Sunday was much more eventful.  We play a short course with a lot of trees.  Not a forest so you can play out of them, but enough to be super annoying when a guy is off line.  Again it was noted the Falcon wasn't with me.  I was in the trees all day.  And delightfully short off the tee as well since trees are known for stopping balls short.  I made the turn 3 over and was hitting low cuts and hooks around the foliage to get into position for a short chip which invariably wasn't as tight as intended.  When I did hit the green on the front, it wasn't tight.  The 5' fairway wood out of the timber to 30' from 210 yards portended for a better back.

Taking my positive vibes of only being 3 over having hit most every part of the planet was the launch pad to better golf... OK that is a lie.  The 245 yard driver of the deck with about 20 yards of cut to the apron of the green was a stroke saver.  The hole measures about 335 yards.  Lots of guys don't play that type of hole driver, driver, wedge, but sometimes I like to surprise myself.

Anyway, I rolled in even for the back for a 3 over.

Given the cuts and draws, the course runs 6450, the actual amount of ball travel was more like 7000 yards.

I do like my new putter, I like my new chipping stroke, I do not like my new driver swing.  I might be the worst driver of the golf ball in the world.  But what the heck, it makes me laugh.

I wanted to relay all of this to my better half, and she said, "I couldn't care less."  So here you are.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

3 old men Posing on Beach | Barry Brown | Flickr

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

What if... Randall Cunningham never got hurt in 1991? - Bleeding Green  Nation

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

On April 25 I started a new feature on our thread. It is now a regular piece. 

78dc729c79905770a617dce687b5fffd.jpg

4fe9f039c87bf08597085dd76e1d358d.jpg

0faa9ec30e79e0d8b6ad65eeff63b6b9.jpg

5bddd1a2838b8c70fa26cc46e31f3591.jpg

9dedfc82d54efe5c0f2de4ca79e747e0.jpg

070f13dd493a7a4928dcc5e0a39292e6.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

This afternoon and early evening  I have been rereading some of our fine work on our last NFL season's thread. The thread where we carried it right on though the PGA Tour season. I am selecting a few gems to remember.  I am also keeping an eye on the purple team in tonight's contest. 

Edited by touch

The story of my absolute worst STIFF job regarding gratuity. 

Craig Stadler - 1991 PGA Tour Championship - Historic Golf Photos

Edited by touch

NCL's near ace on May 9th.

Posted May 9 (edited)

From the Nobody Cares Dept:

Walked 18 yesterday playing with my wife.  70 degrees, sunny and breezy.  Played mixed tees, about 5650 yards.  44 + 50= 94.  11-14 fairways hit, no OB.  34 putts.  2 balls lost in watery graves.  Highlight was a short miss on a Par 3 playing about 130 yards.  Almost glad it didn't go in as the tee box was directly into the sun and the green was shaded so I had no idea where the ball went after leaving the club.  Just needed a few more rolls..

image.png.8e22a912f13e66e667fa30e771d9cbc1.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

G1's  cat gif.

ymPH9jJ.gif

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

My favorite.  

Dogs Faint GIF - Dogs Faint - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

Edited by touch

😁

May be an image of text that says 'Catch the "We couldn't beat the Detroit Lions" Bowl tonight on TNF! Steelers'

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Our Picks     Week 14 

P3P                         Pgh/Minn Undr              N. Orleans                Dallas 

P48                         LV/KC Ovr                      Balt/Clev Ovr            Dal/Wsh Ovr 

Q                             LV/KC Undr                  Jack/Tenn Undr       Dal/Wsh Undr 

LP                           Cincinnati                     Cleveland                 Green Bay  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 14    Lines for Picks

Thursday Night 

Pittsburgh                       at             Minnesota -3                         44 1/2

Sunday 

Las Vegas                       at            Kansas City -9 1/2                   49

New Orleans -5 1/2        at             NY Jets                                   43 1/2

San Fran                         at             Cincinnati -1                            47

Jacksonville                   at             Tennessee -9 1/2                     44

Baltimore                        at             Cleveland -2                            42 1/2

Atlanta                            at             Carolina -3                               43

Dallas -4                         at              Washington                             49

Seattle -7 1/2                 at              Houston                                   42

Detroit                            at              Denver -8                                42

NY Giants                       at             LA Chargers -10 1/2                44 1/2

Sunday Night 

Chicago                          at             Green Bay -12 1/2                    44

Monday Night 

LA Rams                         at             Arizona -3                                52

_______________________________________________________________________________________

RECORDS               WK13        WK12        COLL         2WKS             %

P48       33-16             1-2              6-0             --                 7-2            67.35 

NCL       28-19            2-4             2-4            1-1                4-8            59.57

P3P       32-24            2-3             4-4            1-1                6-7             57.14

Q            29-29            4-2             2-4            1-1                6-6             50.00

LP          23-26-1        5-2             3-4            3-0               8-6            46.91

CH        23-27-1         2-3             1-5             1-1                3-8            46.00

G-1       22-26-1         5-3             4-2            0-3               9-5            45.83

DOC     23-28             1-6             2-5            0-3               3-11           45.10

•  

Edited by touch

As a fan, I was happy I was only able to look in on the game and didn’t commit to actually watching it. Two thoughts.

I was thankful there were end zones. At one point the vaunted Steeler D was holding Cook to a measly 10+ yds per carry (17/182), and I realized if it weren’t for end zones that stat could have looked pretty bad.

At one point the Vikings offense had outperformed the Steelers 100 to -10. There is no percentage of ineptness bc there is no percentage for positive to negative.

To add salt to the wound the Steelers start to score points and I lose my 2X pick.

I am glad I don’t bet money on sports.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 2

My picks for week 14

Cincinnati 

Cleveland 

Green Bay 

Edited by touch

15 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

As a fan, I was happy I was only able to look in on the game and didn’t commit to actually watching it. Two thoughts.

I was thankful there were end zones. At one point the vaunted Steeler D was holding Cook to a measly 10+ yds per carry (17/182), and I realized if it weren’t for end zones that stat could have looked pretty bad.

At one point the Vikings offense had outperformed the Steelers 100 to -10. There is no percentage of ineptness bc there is no percentage for positive to negative.

To add salt to the wound the Steelers start to score points and I lose my 2X pick.

I am glad I don’t bet money on sports.

You only lost one point last night Mr. P.    The selection was not primed and BOLD typed, so only -1. 

Our Picks     Week 14 

P3P                         Pgh/Min Undr Lx2        N. Orleans                Dallas 

P48                         LV/KC Ovr                      Balt/Clev Ovr            Dal/Wsh Ovr 

Q                             LV/KC Undr                  Jack/Tenn Undr       Dal/Wsh Undr 

LP                           Cincinnati                     Cleveland                 Green Bay 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 14    Lines for Picks

Thursday Night 

Pittsburgh                       at             Minnesota -3                         44 1/2

Sunday 

Las Vegas                       at            Kansas City -9 1/2                   49

New Orleans -5 1/2        at             NY Jets                                   43 1/2

San Fran                         at             Cincinnati -1                            47

Jacksonville                   at             Tennessee -9 1/2                     44

Baltimore                        at             Cleveland -2                            42 1/2

Atlanta                            at             Carolina -3                               43

Dallas -4                         at              Washington                             49

Seattle -7 1/2                 at              Houston                                   42

Detroit                            at              Denver -8                                42

NY Giants                       at             LA Chargers -10 1/2                44 1/2

Sunday Night 

Chicago                          at             Green Bay -12 1/2                    44

Monday Night 

LA Rams                         at             Arizona -3                                52

_______________________________________________________________________________________

RECORDS               WK13        WK12        COLL         2WKS             %

P48       33-16             1-2              6-0             --                 7-2            67.35 

NCL       28-19            2-4             2-4            1-1                4-8            59.57

P3P       32-24            2-3             4-4            1-1                6-7             57.14

Q            29-29            4-2             2-4            1-1                6-6             50.00

LP          23-26-1        5-2             3-4            3-0               8-6            46.91

CH        23-27-1         2-3             1-5             1-1                3-8            46.00

G-1       22-26-1         5-3             4-2            0-3               9-5            45.83

DOC     23-28             1-6             2-5            0-3               3-11           45.10

Edited by touch

1 hour ago, touch said:

You only lost one point last night Mr. P.    The selection was not primed and BOLD typed, so only -1. 

That’s font ineptitude.  I did, at the pick say let’s double this up. So I am happy with a -2. I feel a font miscue positive is unfair to the field.

Pick em is a gentleman’s game and should be self-policed.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

That’s font ineptitude.  I did, at the pick say let’s double this up. So I am happy with a -2. I feel a font miscue positive is unfair to the field.

Roger. Thank you. It has been adjusted to -2

UPDATED RECORDS         

P48          33-16

NCL          28-19

P3P          32-26         *THNF

Q              29-29

LP            23-26-1

CH           23-27-3

G1            22-26-1

DOC         23-28

• Thanks 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Our Picks     Week 14 

P3P                         Pgh/Min Undr Lx2        N. Orleans                 Dallas 

P48                         LV/KC Ovr                      Balt/Clev Ovr             Dal/Wsh Ovr 

Q                             LV/KC Undr                  Jack/Tenn Undr          Dal/Wsh Undr 

LP                           Cincinnati                     Cleveland                  Green Bay

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATED RECORDS         

P48          33-16

NCL          28-19

P3P          32-26         *THNF

Q              29-29

LP            23-26-1

CH           23-27-3

G1            22-26-1

DOC         23-28

Edited by touch

On 12/9/2021 at 5:07 PM, touch said:

Found her G1 and just in time for a Prime Time Steelers game.Pin by Roberto Matz on Steelers girls | Steelers cheerleaders, Steelers  girl, Pittsburgh steelers cheerleaders

greenemachine's favorite gal of my pretty female fans collection. I didn't know where she went and that disappointed G1.   

Yes SIR

fRMjhlutjykSs.gif

Edited by greenemachine
  • Haha 2

Is Culture Change Even Possible? - Mary Marshall // CEO Coach

I am changing a pick. I am dropping my Dallas pick and replacing it with a PT Packers pick on Sunday Night. 

• Like 1

At 7 PM in the Nations Capital tonight the puck will drop between two Metropolitan Division rivals. 

@ wsh.png&w=40&h=40&scale=crop&cquality=40Washington

7:00 PM

How many goals will each one of these All Stars get? 

I am going to watch the game. 

Viewers guide to Penguins-Capitals on ESPN+

Edited by touch

I found this chart interesting. I am really close yardages wise with the "90" column. My driver swing speed is 90 and my 7 iron swing speed is 78. 

This golf swing speed chart shows the approximate carry distance for each golf club for different driver swing speeds.

• Like 2

😁🕺🎸

If I am 60 then these two front men are really ancient!  My word how many years have Kevin Cronin and Dennis DeYoung played for live audiences?  15,000 shows probably. Well I heard a promo on the radio for this concert today and it got me thinking.

How about a weekend in Charlotte for some of the old dude golfers and rockers around this place? 

The date is Friday Aug. 6th in Charlotte, NC. 

I am suggesting the following.

We finally get some of us together for some in person fun. 

We play golf.

We enjoy conversation with great food and drink.

And we attend the concert that is featuring these old as dirt bands,  REO, Styxx, and Loverboy.

This invitation goes out to anyone who enjoys this thread regardless of being a participant in it.

Just tossing out the idea. I haven't gotten my 2022 golf events calendar from work yet. This date would have to fall on a non big event/tournament weekend at BFCC of course. 

What 'cha think fellas? 

P3P is already in the Loverboy VIP fan club and that might get us all T-shirts 50 % off. 😅

Listen to WBAB's REO Speedwagon & Styx VIP Weekend – 102.3 WBAB

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Penguins easily took care of the Capitals tonight. I enjoyed watching an entire NHL game. It has been some time. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Another golden gem from our wordsmith. 

The brotherhood is strong in these parts.

thank you P3P 

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'TREVOR LAWRENCE GARDNER MINSHEW THROUGH FIRST 14 NFL GAMES PASSING YARDS 2,514 9 10 72.3 TOUCHDOWNS INTERCEPTIONS OB RATING SARAH JESSICA NOPE 3,271 21 6 91.2 UNCLE RICO YES SPIRIT ANIMAL CAN GROW FACIAL HAIR DESTROYED WOULD BEAT TEAM'S REAL-LIFE MASCOT IN FIGHT YES'

• Like 2

9 hours ago, touch said:

😁🕺🎸

If I am 60 then these two front men are really ancient!  My word how many years have Kevin Cronin and Dennis DeYoung played for live audiences?  15,000 shows probably. Well I heard a promo on the radio for this concert today and it got me thinking.

How about a weekend in Charlotte for some of the old dude golfers and rockers around this place? 

The date is Friday Aug. 6th in Charlotte, NC. 

I am suggesting the following.

We finally get some of us together for some in person fun. 

We play golf.

We enjoy conversation with great food and drink.

And we attend the concert that is featuring these old as dirt bands,  REO, Styxx, and Loverboy.

This invitation goes out to anyone who enjoys this thread regardless of being a participant in it.

Just tossing out the idea. I haven't gotten my 2022 golf events calendar from work yet. This date would have to fall on a non big event/tournament weekend at BFCC of course. 

What 'cha think fellas? 

P3P is already in the Loverboy VIP fan club and that might get us all T-shirts 50 % off. 😅

Listen to WBAB's REO Speedwagon & Styx VIP Weekend – 102.3 WBAB

It is a true statement.  In the summer of 1984 or 85 my friends wanted to see Loverboy with Quiet Riot opening. I wasn’t a fan, and can’t remember if it turned me around. Then walking by, there were on Fremont with leather pants and we were able to beat our way through the crowd of 50 to see those tight red pants.

Caught a Styx show about 15 years ago. Why wouldn’t I? It was pretty good.

Never seen REO, and if you question their veracity as a band, check out their live album from the mid-70s, it is a ripper and not at all what you’d expect in hindsight bc they started dropping cheese on the public like WKRP dropped turkeys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3