Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

2 hours ago, touch said:

One of my favorite Christmas decorations that is put on display every December at BFCC. A vintage Santa who is adorned with presents and three critter friends. 

1208210855a.jpg

Dude, all I can think of is some sort of weird clown fear when that thing comes to life.  No thank you.  

• Haha 2

Walked 18 Monday at Hillandale in Durham, NC.  Mixed tees about 5600 yards.  Shot a 49* + 48 =97* with 36* putts and 8-14 fairways hit.  Only 1 poor drive as I adjusted my grip and closed the face which resulted in a nasty pull hook which hit a tree and fell straight down.  My elite punch-out game enabled me to continue on down the fairway unscathed.   

Temp was around 70 degrees but very windy.  We were paired up with a retired gentleman in a cart who was a yearly pass owner (similar to a member).  On the first hole with the pin back right I had an uphill 20-footer breaking left to right with the wind also blowing from the left.  Did not hit a bad putt but I putted it off the green.  Chipped up short of the hole, ball came back past my feet.  Chipped past the hole about 4 feet, hit a gentle putt and putted off the green again.  Quit the hole hence my asterisks above as I gave myself a double par 8 and moved on.  Neither Tanya nor Norman finished the hole either.  It was like we were at a British Open as the ball just would not stop!  Luckily no other greens played in such a fashion. 

Highlight of the day was the 355-yard 16th.  Straight ahead Par 4, downhill enough that you cannot see the green from the tee box.  Hit a solid drive left near the cart path but lost sight of the ball.  Trees are all along the left as they line a street.  Searched around the 150-yard mark but nothing was found so I dropped a ball and prepared to play my 3rd.  In the fairway to my right Tanya waves her arms and said Norman found my ball...it was pin-high in the rough.  Chipped over a trap onto the green and three-jacked for a bogey...I love golf so much.  Now we have no definitive proof that the cart path was a factor so I'm going with the story that I bombed one 350!    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NCLancer said:

Such varied swings...I'd love to see my tracer (or maybe I wouldn't)! 

Indeed a large variance NCL. That's the first thing I noticed. Adds to the notion  that no two swings are the same.

I do as well want one of my swing with the different colors going back and coming down.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Tomorrow Night we have these two. How about some beers wagered on the outcome P3P? Remember Kirk doesn't have the most savory record in PT. 😅

Steely McBeam (@fakesteely) / TwitterNFL QB Kirk Cousins on contracting coronavirus: 'If I die, I die' | TheHill

• Like 2

Our Picks     Week 14 

P3P                         Pgh/Minn Undr              N. Orleans                Dallas 

P48                         LV/KC Ovr                      Balt/Clev Ovr            Dal/Wsh Ovr 

Q                             LV/KC Undr                  Jack/Tenn Undr       Dal/Wsh Undr 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 14    Lines for Picks

Thursday Night 

Pittsburgh                       at             Minnesota -3                         44 1/2

Sunday 

Las Vegas                       at            Kansas City -9 1/2                   49

New Orleans -5 1/2        at             NY Jets                                   43 1/2

San Fran                         at             Cincinnati -1                            47

Jacksonville                   at             Tennessee -9 1/2                     44

Baltimore                        at             Cleveland -2                            42 1/2

Atlanta                            at             Carolina -3                               43

Dallas -4                         at              Washington                             49

Seattle -7 1/2                 at              Houston                                   42

Detroit                            at              Denver -8                                42

NY Giants                       at             LA Chargers -10 1/2                44 1/2

Sunday Night 

Chicago                          at             Green Bay -12 1/2                    44

Monday Night 

LA Rams                         at             Arizona -3                                52

_______________________________________________________________________________________

RECORDS               WK13        WK12        COLL         2WKS             %

P48       33-16             1-2              6-0             --                 7-2            67.35 

NCL       28-19            2-4             2-4            1-1                4-8            59.57

P3P       32-24            2-3             4-4            1-1                6-7             57.14

Q            29-29            4-2             2-4            1-1                6-6             50.00

LP          23-26-1        5-2             3-4            3-0               8-6            46.91

CH        23-27-1         2-3             1-5             1-1                3-8            46.00

G-1       22-26-1         5-3             4-2            0-3               9-5            45.83

DOC     23-28             1-6             2-5            0-3               3-11           45.10

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, touch said:

Tomorrow Night we have these two. How about some beers wagered on the outcome P3P? Remember Kirk doesn't have the most savory record in PT. 😅

Steely McBeam (@fakesteely) / TwitterNFL QB Kirk Cousins on contracting coronavirus: 'If I die, I die' | TheHill

My attack on the waistline precludes me from participating in wagers of caloric win/loss.  I fear your mancrush will go down with injury after TJ Watt hits him pretty hard.  3.5 sacks against the Ravens, I don't know if anyone deserves to be paid as much as athletes, but he is a freak of nature.  Kirk is gonna need this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

My attack on the waistline precludes me from participating in wagers of caloric win/loss.  I fear your mancrush will go down with injury after TJ Watt hits him pretty hard.  3.5 sacks against the Ravens, I don't know if anyone deserves to be paid as much as athletes, but he is a freak of nature.  Kirk is gonna need this.

I personally do not suffer from the crooked love wand condition, but I believe you have provided some of the older guys around here some important info on an affliction to be ever watchful of, Bent Bone disease.  

We see boys that Montana Man is learning a great deal about health and fitness this winter. 

So poor Captain Kirk will have to add to his already exhaustive work outs with strengthening and straightening exercises for his Spartan down south after tomorrow nights drubbing from the D linemen of the Steelers? 

Shhhheeeeeeee tttt   #8 will just fend them all off with his forearm and shin shields.

East Lansing TOUGH baby. 

13 Michigan State Sparty likes Green! ideas | michigan state, michigan  state sparty, michigan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Walked 18 Monday at Hillandale in Durham, NC.  Mixed tees about 5600 yards.  Shot a 49* + 48 =97* with 36* putts and 8-14 fairways hit.  Only 1 poor drive as I adjusted my grip and closed the face which resulted in a nasty pull hook which hit a tree and fell straight down.  My elite punch-out game enabled me to continue on down the fairway unscathed.   

Temp was around 70 degrees but very windy.  We were paired up with a retired gentleman in a cart who was a yearly pass owner (similar to a member).  On the first hole with the pin back right I had an uphill 20-footer breaking left to right with the wind also blowing from the left.  Did not hit a bad putt but I putted it off the green.  Chipped up short of the hole, ball came back past my feet.  Chipped past the hole about 4 feet, hit a gentle putt and putted off the green again.  Quit the hole hence my asterisks above as I gave myself a double par 8 and moved on.  Neither Tanya nor Norman finished the hole either.  It was like we were at a British Open as the ball just would not stop!  Luckily no other greens played in such a fashion. 

Highlight of the day was the 355-yard 16th.  Straight ahead Par 4, downhill enough that you cannot see the green from the tee box.  Hit a solid drive left near the cart path but lost sight of the ball.  Trees are all along the left as they line a street.  Searched around the 150-yard mark but nothing was found so I dropped a ball and prepared to play my 3rd.  In the fairway to my right Tanya waves her arms and said Norman found my ball...it was pin-high in the rough.  Chipped over a trap onto the green and three-jacked for a bogey...I love golf so much.  Now we have no definitive proof that the cart path was a factor so I'm going with the story that I bombed one 350!    

The OPEN conditions sounded a might blustery. Way to wind warrior through it SUNY-Platts. It is known far down the Hudson that you possess an elite punch-out game. Tanya signalling to you that the ball was found. My heavens your caddie is always on top of her game. Tip her accordingly strong sir. NCL always welcomes any single with his friendly presence when one is paired up with the Triangle couple. This I bet is true. Norman experienced this back on Monday. 

Congrats on the 350 yard smoker drive NCL. We will need you to submit a urine sample in 2 hours. How long were you signing autographs in the parking lot following the round fellow NC LP? I'm thinking there were at least a dozen fans waiting to see the guy who knocks 'em down with precision and accuracy every time when he's in the sticks.

Very nice recap NCL.   

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I am a fan of Cousins and have stated that on these threads for years. I feel he is one of the genuinely solid guys that play QB in the NFL. He is refreshingly modest. I do wish he got on board and got vaccinated though for sure. But he is good for the city of Minny and I am sure a fine husband and dad. He hails from the bible belt part of the mitten and is rather religious. He doesn't preach it often though thankfully. Anyways if Cousins is surrounded with great talent on offense he will move the chains and put plenty of points up on the scoreboard. He has done just that all year long. 

He is not my mancrush P3P.  If I had one it'd be my Scandinavian brother.  

The Open 2017: Henrik Stenson will take the Claret Jug SKY-DIVING if he  defends title | Golf | Sport | Express.co.uk

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

After over six weeks number one golf buddy returned to the mix. Something about a divorce, can relate, done it twice. So I picked up Stan and we headed the 55 minutes down the mountain to Tryon last Monday morning. When I saw my other number one golf buddy from across the state line I shouted, " look who tagged along with me this week Mike." It was electric to be all together again.

On the range things were fine. Putting and chipping practice was also performed. After my normal 45 minute warm up session we headed to #1.

57* with on and off sprinkles all day, but no annoying wetness. 15 mph winds. Cloudy as hell. 

White tees

The clock read 11:45 when Mike, Erik, Stan, and LP tee'd off.

Not my best of starts. Par bogey bogey. I then hit a nice 5 iron on #4 and two putted for par. I got back on the bogey train and singled 5 and 6. Four over thru six. With great shots or solid scrambling I made 3 consecutive pars to make the turn with a 4 over 40. Ten is the b****. I hit the perfect drive that make it all the way down to the ponds edge. Hit a 8 iron from there (normally a hybrid from the crest of the hill behind me) to 15 feet. Two putted for a beyond solid par on the 2 cap hole at Tryon. My score on 10 is my tone setter as always for the back. I followed that success with two more pars. Blew a chip and failed to get it up and down on 13. The Fourteenth uphill dog leg right short par 5 saw something unique happen in the foursome that none of us had experienced before, and that's 145 years of combined years in the game. The only tricky shot on 14 is the narrow tee shot with a line of large evergreens right and a sloped left that leads to creekville and OB. I went first and hit a straight sizzler that was on the ideal line. I kind of did a jig and scampered off the tee, my opponents laughed. I only missed one fairway on the day solidifying my driver accuracy numbers for the fall season. The rest of the group found the fairway.  Eric got his approach to a cozy Eagle try range. Mike pushed his and missed the green a bit right. Stan and I hit smoked short knocker 3 woods to 30 yards short of the green. The three of us chipped on. The foursome all faced putts from 4 different directions into the hole. Stan was the furthest at 30 feet due north. I was second at 20 feet due south. Third was Mike who was at 13 feet straight east. These three attempts were all for birdie. Our 4th player Erik, was 11 feet out towards the west looking at an Eagle putt. Stan ran his downhill 30 footer that broke about 18 inches into the jar. The blonde fella was next. I put a nice stroke on it (6 inch break L to R uphill) and it dropped it from 19+ feet. Woah that was an answer. Mike then sank his side hill 13 footer. We all were rather taken back that the three of us had drained our birdie putts consecutively. Since Erik is always chirping on how he is going to take down the LP (we are of very much equal golf ability) I say aloud, " you got the goods to join us E.? He hit his Eagle putt center cut into the jar. We all looked at one another in amazement. We talked among the group,  not a single one of us had experienced such a feat in any foursome that they had played in prior. PURE GOLF MAGIC........well that is how it felt to your commish. 😀 One eagle and three birdies. Back to 4 over for LP. The Par 3 next saw me hit a solid 6 iron to 20 feet and walk away with par. Four over standing on 16th tee when Mr. Erik points out that I have a 3 shot lead on him with 3 to play. I like the cushion. I hit a fine drive. I faced a 60 yard downhill lob wedge into the green. For the second time in  3 rounds on that course I did the same thing. I did not allow for the above my feet ball position and slightly tugged it left. Bad time to do this as 16 has a peninsula green. Sploosh. Where I had to take a drop was anything but flat. My left foot was way higher than my left. After being already discussed from hitting it in the water from 60 yards I bladed my next shot across the green and into the bunker. I walked off with a triple 7 and my 3 shot lead on the field (except Mike who was at -2) had dissolved. 7 over with two to play. As I have done on many a round of late I made steady pars coming in. I had a tidy 76 in my grasp and one costly finishing hole took it away. Erik and I tied in the end with 79's Stan had an 82 and Mike a 71.

Under grey skies during the first week of December I got the 3 amigos back together down in Tryon. It proved to be a memorable round. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, touch said:

The OPEN conditions sounded a might blustery. Way to wind warrior through it SUNY-Platts. It is known far down the Hudson that you possess an elite punch-out game. Tanya signalling to you that the ball was found. My heavens your caddie is always on top of her game. Tip her accordingly strong sir. NCL always welcomes any single with his friendly presence when one is paired up with the Triangle couple. This I bet is true. Norman experienced this back on Monday. 

Congrats on the 350 yard smoker drive NCL. We will need you to submit a urine sample in 2 hours. How long were you signing autographs in the parking lot following the round fellow NC LP? I'm thinking there were at least a dozen fans waiting to see the guy who knocks 'em down with precision and accuracy every time when he's in the sticks.

Very nice recap NCL.   

Thanks for the kind words LP.

My gentle demeaner and kind disposition enable me to be a positive golf partner.  I've been asked to play on a few occasions at an exclusive 9-hole course in the Northern Adirondacks built and owned by a small group of Tibetan mushroom farmers.  The morel of the story:  They all know I'm a fungi...no shiitake!  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, NCLancer said:

in Florida golf news:

First off, cart path or no, that is a solid drive.

As to golf in FL, one thing really struck me.  The 4Runner guy is driving along the cart paths when possible.  So I ask this, "If you are desperate enough to drive onto a golf course, why at that point would you decide to "draw inside the lines" at the beginning of the chase? 

• Like 3

LV/KC      U49         A sputtering team and a sputtering offense. Hopefully they won't unsputter.

Jack/Tenn    U44       Tenn. moves the ball a lot on the ground. Won't need to thru air. 

Dal/Wash     U49       Which recent Dal. will show up. And Wash. 4gm. win streak. Interesting game.

• Like 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Our Picks     Week 14 

P3P                         Pgh/Minn Undr              N. Orleans                Dallas 

P48                         LV/KC Ovr                      Balt/Clev Ovr            Dal/Wsh Ovr 

Q                             LV/KC Undr                  Jack/Tenn Undr       Dal/Wsh Undr 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week 14    Lines for Picks

Thursday Night 

Pittsburgh                       at             Minnesota -3                         44 1/2

Sunday 

Las Vegas                       at            Kansas City -9 1/2                   49

New Orleans -5 1/2        at             NY Jets                                   43 1/2

San Fran                         at             Cincinnati -1                            47

Jacksonville                   at             Tennessee -9 1/2                     44

Baltimore                        at             Cleveland -2                            42 1/2

Atlanta                            at             Carolina -3                               43

Dallas -4                         at              Washington                             49

Seattle -7 1/2                 at              Houston                                   42

Detroit                            at              Denver -8                                42

NY Giants                       at             LA Chargers -10 1/2                44 1/2

Sunday Night 

Chicago                          at             Green Bay -12 1/2                    44

Monday Night 

LA Rams                         at             Arizona -3                                52

_______________________________________________________________________________________

RECORDS               WK13        WK12        COLL         2WKS             %

P48       33-16             1-2              6-0             --                 7-2            67.35 

NCL       28-19            2-4             2-4            1-1                4-8            59.57

P3P       32-24            2-3             4-4            1-1                6-7             57.14

Q            29-29            4-2             2-4            1-1                6-6             50.00

LP          23-26-1        5-2             3-4            3-0               8-6            46.91

CH        23-27-1         2-3             1-5             1-1                3-8            46.00

G-1       22-26-1         5-3             4-2            0-3               9-5            45.83

DOC     23-28             1-6             2-5            0-3               3-11           45.10

I left the place fairly tidy for the next guy.        

Basement Foundation: Basement Foundation Uk

• Like 1

Found her G1 and just in time for a Prime Time Steelers game.Pin by Roberto Matz on Steelers girls | Steelers cheerleaders, Steelers  girl, Pittsburgh steelers cheerleaders

greenemachine's favorite gal of my pretty female fans collection. I didn't know where she went and that disappointed G1.   

• Like 3

12 Minnesota Vikings TAILgaters ideas | minnesota vikings, vikings, dog  pictures

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Where's the fisherman ?

3b.jpg

Edited by touch

I was looking over last year's 200 page thread by us this afternoon. 

We contributed some interesting content and some very funny stuff for an entire year.

G1  said ........

😅

commish setting up to write a legendary story of his past. 

family guy weed GIF

Edited by touch

Do you remember who you selected? 

Masters Picks      All locked and set 

jerebear (+34)            JT                          DJ                    Spieth

chuntsman(+46)        JT                          Reed                Cantlay

pete3putt (+8)           Bubba                   Phil                   MacIntyre

greenmachn(+24)     Im                         Sheffler             Cameron Smith

Qqq (+23)                  Rahm                    Cantlay             Casey

NCLancer (+0)          JT                          Spieth               Simpson

touch (+8)                 JT                          Rahm                 Morikowa 

puttinfor8 (+27)        Xander                  Hovland             Bryson

doctoro (+26)            JT                          Rahm                 Koepka 

And there was the time P3P thought I might have attended the Masters wearing golf shoes.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, Petethreeput said:

Please tell me you weren’t in golf shoes!?

Of course not. I certainly am not "that guy".

A pair of old man specials were on my feet.

608v5 - New Balance

tiny houses .jpg

Edited by touch

NCL shared his first photos of Ivy with us.  One absolutely stunning looking dog you have Lance. 

"Thank you for asking and I hope y'all don't mind a few pics!  Her name is Ivy and she's a 7 year old Great Pyrenees/Tibetan Mastiff mix who weighs about 85 lbs.  Very good watchdog and loyal to myself and Mrs NCL."

image.png.1edba1ffb52f065a82a0c8c8555a8a4d.png

Edited by touch
  • Thanks 1

We too got our first glimpse of P3P' s  Montana dogs as well.

D8D7E12F-B178-41D6-9554-6AC5E8F2D750.jpeg

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Edited by touch