2022 US Open Tickets

Tupperwolf

Anyone get any?  I feel shafted.  I signed up for the US Open Victory Club so I'd get early access and was logged in and waiting on my phone browser 30 minutes ahead of time, joined the queue immediately, waited for 40 minutes and zero available.  What a complete disgrace.  The everyman can't buy tickets to anything anymore because of bots.  I don't want to buy from a reseller at a markup later on.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same, waited about 40 minutes and finally got in only to see “No tickets available.”

At least it wasn’t 3 hours of watching the little man walk across the screen like it was when I tried to get Ryder Cup tickets.

I feel your pain.  Regular people have no chance now.

Driver - TSR3 10 deg. ADDI6S

3 Wood -TSR2 ADDI7S

3 Hybrid TM Stealth 

4-7 iron - TM P770  KBS C-Taper Lite S

8-PW - TM P7MC  KBS C-Taper Lite S 

52, 56, 60 - Vokey SM9 Black  KBS Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER2B, 35" with black gravity grip

Ball - ProV1

I sounds like more people in the queue than tickets available. That has been happening way before computers and the internet were involved in ticket sales. Instead of closing your browser because it is sold out, you had to trek back home with just like all of the others in line that did not get tickets.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

On 11/22/2021 at 4:16 PM, Blonde Line Lizard said:

Well, I guess life is a kick in the ......once in a while.

At least once a year when Augusta rejects me.    I feel your pain OP.  I live a little over an hour from Augusta if the traffic is clear , and I’ve never been inside.  I just can’t make myself buy from the scalpers.  Too many years of trying to not break the law i guess. Somehow I feel like I’d be the guy they made an example of or something.  And I’m not funding  the resellers college fund.  Lol.  So I guess I’ll get in when I get picked for the lottery. Or never.  🤷‍♂️

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I got two for the week, at a discount. One of the perks of being a Patron level member of the USGA. Second highest level ... $1.5K a year. Considering, however, that the current price on the secondary market for weekly tickets is already about $1.7K, seems like a good deal. (Actually, that level includes a 20% discount on two weekly grounds ticket packages to the U.S. Open, U.S. Women’s Open, U.S. Senior Open and U.S. Amateur.) 

What can I say, I'm old, have a bit of disposable income, and (other than Cuban cigars and the occasional vodka) no real vices other than golf. 

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

I have tickets to the 2022 US Open for Monday the 13th at the Trophy Club. It's the first practice day. Tickets for the actual rounds were ridiculously expensive so opted for a practice day still figured it be cool to be there and be a part of it all. Will I see some action? Do many players play the first practice day? Trying to figure out what to expect and/or hope for. Any tips or info let me know. 

So U.S. open tickets are hard to get now?  I don't plan on going again until 2025 at Oakmont but this is good to know.  In 2016, tickets were very easy to come by right up to the event  (in all fairness, those were practice round tickets).    I thought that golf was one of the sports easy to get tickets to.  I guess I was wrong.

@Anser3 how was your experience at the practice round? I have tickets to the 2022 US Open for Monday the 13th at the Trophy Club. It's the first practice day. I opted for a practice day still figured it be cool to be there and be a part of it all. Will I see some action? Do many players play the first practice day? Trying to figure out what to expect and/or hope for. Any tips or info let me know. 

2 hours ago, Jake4419 said:

@Anser3 how was your experience at the practice round? I have tickets to the 2022 US Open for Monday the 13th at the Trophy Club. It's the first practice day. I opted for a practice day still figured it be cool to be there and be a part of it all. Will I see some action? Do many players play the first practice day? Trying to figure out what to expect and/or hope for. Any tips or info let me know. 

I went to all three days of practice rounds.  As far as I recall, pretty much everybody was there all 3 days  except Phil  (who flew back to CA on Tuesday for a family thing--I think an 8th grade graduation but don't recall for sure). I saw him Monday and Wednesday though  (he signed my ticket pass on Wednesday for me). 

You should get to see everybody.  The practice range area is the best place if you want to see players close up.  I was within a foot or two of Jordan Spieth, Jim Furyk, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Danny Willett, Beef Johnston, Tony Finau, Smiley Kaufman, Keegan Bradley, Zach Johnson, and others.  Most of the guys were very cordial with fans  (Dustin Johnson was a notable exception--I never cared for him before and certainly cared even less after hearing from a police officer how he treated kids that day).  Tony Finau and Beef Johnston were super cool as was Jim Furyk.  Bubba Watson was fine to folks  (he signed a few autographs when I saw him.  The police officer said Bubba signed for almost an hour on Tuesday evening after his range session.  I would have asked for his as well but I didn't stay late that day.

If autographs are your thing  (I don't care about them but I did want Phil's as a keepsake), then the practice days are the best for those (again, players are most accessible then...at least by my experience).   Some guys will only sign for kids, which is fine (Jordan Spieth was one but he was very nice about it when adults would ask him to sign).

I followed Phil and Bubba Watson during their practice rounds.  Some guy shouted to Phil (who was on the first green) "Phil, I bet $200 on you."  The gallery laughed as did Phil before he gave a toothy thumbs up.  Mickelson offered to switch jobs with one young man who was mowing along a bunker  (the guy lost control of the mower and it went in a bunker, throwing sand everywhere).

On the practice range, I saw guys having casual conversations with eachother (I took a picture of Phil talking to Spieth on the practice range.  A nearly identical photo ended up on an online golf news site the next day).  Bubba Watson and BJ Holmes were side-by-side trying to hit driver shots in stereo to see if they could get their balls to hit in mid-air.  All in all, I believe you will see more of the players in a more relaxed atmosphere during the practice days. 

My issue with Dustin Johnson was relayed to me by a police officer/security guard on the course.  He was talking to a group of us and said that some kids asked Dustin to sign before his range session.  Dustin told them he would sign after he was done with his range session.  He then walked by those same kids and told them he had to go to the front 9 for his practice round and would sign after he completed the 9.  After completing the front 9, he told the same group again he would sign when he was done.  At the conclusion of his practice round, he went out a side exit, avoiding the group of kids altogether. If he didn't want to sign, that is his prerogative  (I don't agree with it, but that's his choice).  At the very least, he should have told them he wasn't signing at all that day instead of dragging them along. 

20 hours ago, Anser3 said:

So U.S. open tickets are hard to get now?  I don't plan on going again until 2025 at Oakmont but this is good to know.  In 2016, tickets were very easy to come by right up to the event  (in all fairness, those were practice round tickets).    I thought that golf was one of the sports easy to get tickets to.  I guess I was wrong.

I went to Oakmont on a Friday and had no trouble getting tickets at face value the day before.  Parking was a mess though.

10 hours ago, Jake4419 said:

Awesome! Thanks @Anser3!!!

I am in the trophy club at the us open, does that mean I can only stay in there or can I go outside/on the course too?

As an equipment geek, I was almost as excited spotting the various Tour vans (in the back lot behind the practice range) as I was seeing some of the golfers.  I tried to get close but was kindly told I wasn't supposed to be back there (by a volunteer).  I got some photos, though. 

On 11/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, Jake4419 said:

I have tickets to the 2022 US Open for Monday the 13th at the Trophy Club. It's the first practice day. Tickets for the actual rounds were ridiculously expensive so opted for a practice day still figured it be cool to be there and be a part of it all. Will I see some action? Do many players play the first practice day? Trying to figure out what to expect and/or hope for. Any tips or info let me know. 

I got tickets for Monday as well. Was hoping to get Thursday but nothing available. Not really interested in being there on the weekend as I'd rather be able to follow by watching on TV. The CC is not really great with the large crowds, was there in '99 for the Ryder Cup and it was no fun trying to move around between holes.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, Jake4419 said:

Awesome! Thanks @Anser3!!!

I am in the trophy club at the us open, does that mean I can only stay in there or can I go outside/on the course too?

You have one of the best daily tickets for the US Open. Of course you are allowed to follow players on the course. Here is what your Trophy Club ticket entitles you to.

Capture.PNG.802e1d781c649c3ede7418dd7eddf875.PNG

https://www.usopen.com/2022-u-s--open-ticket-packages0.html

On 12/3/2021 at 3:03 PM, mikewohlwend said:

I went to Oakmont on a Friday and had no trouble getting tickets at face value the day before.  Parking was a mess though.

Same, and went to Shinnecock and getting tickets was never really an issue. I'm not sure if something has changed? Maybe offering less tickets for Brookline? COVID changes? 

I never remember it being this difficult to get a ticket to a US open before. Frustrating as this one is in my backyard, living in Boston....