2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Mevo+ issues with reads

I'm really struggling with Mevo+ and getting frustrated. 

Issues im looking for help on;

Driver reads

I went through literally 30 balls and got about 3 reads. Setup was;

• 8 foot behind the ball
  • Mat was 2CM
  • Tee height was 6 inch

I tried changing the height on it and still no reads.

However;

1. Irons got picked up

2. When changing for a Lower tee it picked it up

FS Golf app

I have a call raised for this at the moment but I'm not seeing stats in the App appear in MFS.

In the app I press on a session with 11 shots and it shows me one with 2 elsewhere?

Seems buggy.

I'm more bothered about the Driver read issue, it's becoming very annoying and I can't focus on game improvement.

Help appreciated!

Youtube golf instruction video
only shows a ball distance or direction
of about 3 inches

I am throwing Darts in the dark.

1) What is your Ball to screen distance. Do you have at least 8ft of Ball flight distance?

2) Lighting,  Is your hitting area lighted? I have a specific little LED lamp shining directly on the ball/area. *EDIT*  Specific to Florescent light interference 

2a) Screen lighting is your screen/net area lighted,  I use a projector so the light from the projector lights up the flight area.   *EDIT* Technically irrelevant, Radar, does not need specific lighting to work 

3) are you in a Dark room as I darken the room when I use the projector? but if no projector then I just turn on all the lights or open the windows for ambient light. *EDIT*  Corrected above.

4) Is your specific room free from Heavy Electronics or Metallic objects, your Wifi Router is not in the same room,  TVs, metal chairs or stands etc etc Its a pretty clear room or its it full of Techy items and metal?

5) Did you do the Target alignment and properly adjust all distances and ball/mevo position heights.  Dont change the ball height based on the Tee.  it should be flat, but if the matt is 2cm think and the ball sits on top of the mat, set the Mevo+ setting to 2cm and be done with it.

5a) When you do the alignment, the red box should be right flat on your hitting area and the red line should be the starting/target line.  Use the camera to align and make sure you hit "Reset Alignment" each time you move the Mevo+ in the position that best matches your target line.

*EDIT*

6) Did you try and move the Mevo+ Closer than 6ft,  I have been using 7' 6" and it works fine. I dont have 8ft to begin with so the closer still seems to pick up just fine.

I have zero issues and have had maybe 3 misreads the entire 6months and 10,000 plus shots.

GL OP!

Edited by Exactice808
  • Like 1

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

3 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

I am throwing Darts in the dark.

1) What is your Ball to screen distance. Do you have at least 8ft of Ball flight distance?

2) Lighting,  Is your hitting area lighted? I have a specific little LED lamp shining directly on the ball/area.

2a) Screen lighting is your screen/net area lighted,  I use a projector so the light from the projector lights up the flight area.

3) are you in a Dark room as I darken the room when I use the projector? but if no projector then I just turn on all the lights or open the windows for ambient light.

4) Is your specific room free from Heavy Electronics or Metallic objects, your Wifi Router is not in the same room,  TVs, metal chairs or stands etc etc Its a pretty clear room or its it full of Techy items and metal?

5) Did you do the Target alignment and properly adjust all distances and ball/mevo position heights.  Dont change the ball height based on the Tee.  it should be flat, but if the matt is 2cm think and the ball sits on top of the mat, set the Mevo+ setting to 2cm and be done with it.

5a) When you do the alignment, the red box should be right flat on your hitting area and the red line should be the starting/target line.  Use the camera to align and make sure you hit "Reset Alignment" each time you move the Mevo+ in the position that best matches your target line.

*EDIT*

6) Did you try and move the Mevo+ Closer than 6ft,  I have been using 7' 6" and it works fine. I dont have 8ft to begin with so the closer still seems to pick up just fine.

I have zero issues and have had maybe 3 misreads the entire 6months and 10,000 plus shots.

GL OP!

1. This is outside!

2. It was quite shoddy lighting inside, but doesn't this thing use radar?

3. N/A

4. N/A outside, clubs next to me though

5. Tried this

The thing picked irons up though here on the same configuration.

The only other issue is tonight was extremely clingy rain, could it be this maybe ?

of about 3 inches

On 12/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, Daniel Eason said:

1. This is outside!

2. It was quite shoddy lighting inside, but doesn't this thing use radar?

3. N/A

4. N/A outside, clubs next to me though

5. Tried this

The thing picked irons up though here on the same configuration.

The only other issue is tonight was extremely clingy rain, could it be this maybe ?

OH Outside...... Ok you got me on this one as I am assuming way more accuracy for outside.

Ok couple items.

1) Yups it uses radar for sure, but I think I recall certain lighting causes issues to radar/interference, I think it was Florescent bulbs, so it was recommended to use Halogen or LED's. (googling)

2) Try a shorter radar distance between 7-8ft.

3) Not sure rain would make a difference, but it could? Try on a Dry day?

Other than that, is it range balls?  Did you try and change the "ball" setting in the FS app to range?  

Not being a smart @$$ but side questions,  are you hitting well within  the mevo+ flight area, Not work burners or super skied shots, your target alignment is correct as well?

I do recall with my SC100 days the radar area was much tighter than the Mevo+  so if I miss hit a ball too far left or right from where the radar was tracking it would not pick it up.

Just throwing things out at this point.

Edited by Exactice808

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

These balls were within the area for sure...

Lighting maybe one consideration (more so when Pro plus arrives), however it picked irons up.

I tried a range between both 7-8 Feet, frigging annoying.

Minute I put the inch lower tee on it picked the shot up. 

of about 3 inches

1 hour ago, Daniel Eason said:

Here is the setup. 

Wondering if it could be the rubber mat getting in the way.

Screenshot_20211210-073615_Video Player.jpg

Wish I could help. That Mevo+ has some small issues but no reads is VERY rare. And the times it hasn’t captured a shot for me it has been an iron. 

Is the unit square to target? On outdoor setting? Tilt set right? That’s not the picture the Mevo captured is it? What does the Mevo pic look like?

It’s very possible it’s from the range lighting I guess. I assume those are older and not LED so maybe an issue there? You only use it at a range at night?

Edited by Paybax

3 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Have you been to this range during the day when the lighting can be eliminated as the issue? 

Just been to the same bay/tee, still not consistent enough. 

I'm wondering if I'm not aligning this thing right. Do you all align it directly over the tee? 

And how far is your target away in yards? 

of about 3 inches

3 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

Just been to the same bay/tee, still not consistent enough. 

I'm wondering if I'm not aligning this thing right. Do you all align it directly over the tee? 

And how far is your target away in yards? 

This has been my 2 concerns,

Sorry I need to go home to get a screen shot

https://flightscope.com/incorrect-radar-alignment/

image.png.ff11e4e69c930be995e213733963cb86.png

I have a feeling this might be issue one, is the unit level with the mat? You can change the settings in the Mevo+ or just get a box or something to put the Mevo+ to get it closer and more level with the unit.

Align.jpg.ecc807e19f9d9b8b63dceaaedb5bb1ee.jpg

I am curious to see how your Alignment box is setup.  Per the picture above, is the ball (Mat/box area) and the alignment line setup nicely to the target you are aiming at for the driver?

If its not even in the box its not going to read. you took a picture of the hitting bay but what about the a screen shot of the Alignment?  

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

10 minutes ago, Exactice808 said:

This has been my 2 concerns,

Sorry I need to go home to get a screen shot

https://flightscope.com/incorrect-radar-alignment/

image.png.ff11e4e69c930be995e213733963cb86.png

I have a feeling this might be issue one, is the unit level with the mat? You can change the settings in the Mevo+ or just get a box or something to put the Mevo+ to get it closer and more level with the unit.

Align.jpg.ecc807e19f9d9b8b63dceaaedb5bb1ee.jpg

I am curious to see how your Alignment box is setup.  Per the picture above, is the ball (Mat/box area) and the alignment line setup nicely to the target you are aiming at for the driver?

If its not even in the box its not going to read. you took a picture of the hitting bay but what about the a screen shot of the Alignment?  

Nice net here 🙂

I'll take a screen shot tomorrow of this if its not reading right. 

Sorry to overcomplicate things but What does this box represent? It only moves when I move the device (it seems)

of about 3 inches

Ok, so I was on the outdoors covered range with dim light tonight.

Reads again frustratingly inconsistent with driver, also, I saw reads being taken for iron/driver then the stats dissapeared  on the shot taken.

When reviewing video from the session I took without taking mevo reads I noticed the phone shudders...the construction of the range is its a wooden structure with plyboard hence why stuff shudders a bit with impacts. 

I wonder if this is a problem mevo doesn't like with me moving about and impact shuddering, irons shots make more shudder but seem to get picked up more. 

It's a pain this at the moment. 

BTW the alignment set is attached.

Screenshot_20211216-162352_FS Golf.jpg

of about 3 inches

11 hours ago, Daniel Eason said:

Could be chaps.

The misreads got progressively higher towards the session finishing. 

Is that alignment fine btw?

2 thoughts,

1) Is the Mevo+ on the ground?  do you have a block/box, something to elevate it to a similar height as the mat or even slightly higher?

2) Your tilt and how how you actually hit the ball?  Is the tilt at 16* or lower or higher, I know the minimum is about 16* are you close to it or maybe tilt it a little higher if you tend to hit the ball higher, or tilt it lower if you tend to hit it lower.  I know my ES14 has different tilts based on the club I used as the radar area was finite.  Meaning wedges were tilted higher,  irons tilted a little lower and driver set at the lowest tilt.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

On 12/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, Exactice808 said:

2 thoughts,

1) Is the Mevo+ on the ground?  do you have a block/box, something to elevate it to a similar height as the mat or even slightly higher?

2) Your tilt and how how you actually hit the ball?  Is the tilt at 16* or lower or higher, I know the minimum is about 16* are you close to it or maybe tilt it a little higher if you tend to hit the ball higher, or tilt it lower if you tend to hit it lower.  I know my ES14 has different tilts based on the club I used as the radar area was finite.  Meaning wedges were tilted higher,  irons tilted a little lower and driver set at the lowest tilt.

Um, not seen any instructions from FS on tilt level. 

I assume as its green it's fine in FS Golf.....so if I'm 7 foot away and with driver what tilt you recommend?

of about 3 inches

3 hours ago, Dan13 said:

Fluorescent light will interfere with radar’s signal which is what I think is going on here.  One of the well documented things to avoid. 

Im aware, in all fairness I mistook you for the original guy who said lighting as in its not well enough lit so my apologies with that.  just dont want misinformation out there as someone who bought a mevo + looking for info in forums can be hard when people put the wrong stuff out there

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tmac7592 said:

Im aware, in all fairness I mistook you for the original guy who said lighting as in its not well enough lit so my apologies with that.  just dont want misinformation out there as someone who bought a mevo + looking for info in forums can be hard when people put the wrong stuff out there

Without context it could be confusing. During the day so the overhead lights would be off. 

Edited by Dan13
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tmac7592 said:

They are dim...

of about 3 inches

On 12/19/2021 at 3:52 AM, tmac7592 said:

Yups that was my fault,  I asked as a general questions and then clarified a couple post down about the actual interference.  I will edit my original post to not mislead by accident.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

24 minutes ago, HoganHO said:

I get they’re different price points, but this is exactly what I’m trying to avoid with my Full Swing Kit.

I had the original MEVO (non-plus) and these issues were painful.

FSK would eliminate any issues with tilt and roll. I think (pls confirm) you still have to measure out the 10’ recommended and input any elevation difference btw unit and ball. If the unit does that for you it is truly awesome.  If the issue is in fact fluorescent light then FSK would likely be having the same issues. 

• Like 1