Uneekor EYE Mini

Callaswag

5 hours ago, sethdavidsdad said:

Uneekor just posted on their Facebook account they will have an alignment rod (similar to Foresights) that will align the eye mini. New units will ship the the rod and they will post details for previous owners like us on how to get the device.

Good, because it was one of the worst things about it.

On the surface, it seems like a good idea, but in reality it was worse than taping a stick on the front of the unit and eyeballing it.

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

2 hours ago, zlawson36 said:

Do you have a link to the post? I am not finding this. It would be awesome if this is true!

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

So they're taping a stick on it. Figures. LOL

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

11 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

So they're taping a stick on it. Figures. LOL

I was hoping for a little more like the foresight version

• Like 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

My unit is arriving today, so I will post any feedback on the unit and the alignment stick if it was included.

I am fighting some wrist soreness at the moment, so won't be hitting too many shots off of my mat, but enough to offer some feedback.

I think this stick will be nice if you use it on the range without an iPad. You can square the unit to your alignment stick that is at your target and get some accurate values that way.....still like the foresight better, but this will at least show you if the unit is square to the target without having to use the auto align feature. 

• Like 2

DR: Taylormade Qi10 10.5˚

FW: G430 LST 3W 15˚

FW: Taylormade Qi10 Tour 5W 18˚

HY: Ping G425 22˚H

IRONS: New Level 480DB 5-PW

WEDGES: New Level 50SS, 54VS, 59FF

PUTTER: Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

BALL: Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, zlawson36 said:

My unit is arriving today, so I will post any feedback on the unit and the alignment stick if it was included.

I am fighting some wrist soreness at the moment, so won't be hitting too many shots off of my mat, but enough to offer some feedback.

I think this stick will be nice if you use it on the range without an iPad. You can square the unit to your alignment stick that is at your target and get some accurate values that way.....still like the foresight better, but this will at least show you if the unit is square to the target without having to use the auto align feature. 

Interested to hear if you receive a alignment rod or not. They didn't say the timing of release. I will like it because my mat slides some and will be easy to realign

• Like 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

The alignment rod was included. It is slightly telescopic on both ends, and the unit rest just above it. I had to lift the unit just slightly and set it back down over the lip of the stick so it stays nice and secure. Very nice touch! 

IMG_2957.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg

IMG_2959.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 1:13 PM, zlawson36 said:

Do you have a link to the post? I am not finding this. It would be awesome if this is true!

@karstens_ghost

Alignment rod order form is online at uneekor.com just login under MY U link there is a form to fill out there

• Thanks 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

Submitted for my alignment rod, but I haven't had too much issue getting it square anyways.

On another note, aside from the software being a bit of a mess my biggest issue had been connectivity.  I was struggling on wifi in the garage as the mini wouldn't see my nearby wifi access point, and even direct ethernet to my laptop was a bit sketch.  Could have been my cable, but still frustrating.

I've finally got around to moving my router into the garage and having access to a hardwired network switch out there.  The mini is rock stable on ethernet now, and wifi too for that matter with the router 10 feet away.  I played for 4 hours without a hiccup mix of wired and wifi just to test.  Before I was dropping shots and disconnecting every half hour or so.  

I'm really impressed with the mini, especially at $3500usd.

13 hours ago, Gr8Balls said:

Submitted for my alignment rod, but I haven't had too much issue getting it square anyways.

On another note, aside from the software being a bit of a mess my biggest issue had been connectivity.  I was struggling on wifi in the garage as the mini wouldn't see my nearby wifi access point, and even direct ethernet to my laptop was a bit sketch.  Could have been my cable, but still frustrating.

I've finally got around to moving my router into the garage and having access to a hardwired network switch out there.  The mini is rock stable on ethernet now, and wifi too for that matter with the router 10 feet away.  I played for 4 hours without a hiccup mix of wired and wifi just to test.  Before I was dropping shots and disconnecting every half hour or so.  

I'm really impressed with the mini, especially at $3500usd.

The beta firmware sorted me for wifi, but ether is always better. 🙂

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

Anybody have issues with spin indoors? I have only used my unit twice and the spin is very low, maximum 5000 rpm with a 36° 8 iron. My garage is kinda dark so I was wondering if the camera has trouble seeing the ball? I do have some indoor swing syndrome right now. I’m 6’6” so I’m still getting used to hitting inside. Any help is appreciated. I’m hitting a ProV1x 

4 hours ago, zlawson36 said:

Anybody have issues with spin indoors? I have only used my unit twice and the spin is very low, maximum 5000 rpm with a 36° 8 iron. My garage is kinda dark so I was wondering if the camera has trouble seeing the ball? I do have some indoor swing syndrome right now. I’m 6’6” so I’m still getting used to hitting inside. Any help is appreciated. I’m hitting a ProV1x 

Are you sure it's wrong?

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

I don’t think the device is necessarily wrong. I know I have indoor swing syndrome and have been thinning it a bit so that would make since about the low spin. I’m just wondering if making it brighter in my hitting area could help the device out a bit? I know radars don’t have issues in the dark, but I figure the photometric units would benefit from a brighter area to see the ball better. 

1 hour ago, zlawson36 said:

I don’t think the device is necessarily wrong. I know I have indoor swing syndrome and have been thinning it a bit so that would make since about the low spin. I’m just wondering if making it brighter in my hitting area could help the device out a bit? I know radars don’t have issues in the dark, but I figure the photometric units would benefit from a brighter area to see the ball better. 

Most likely culprit is simply hitting indoors off a mat...some mat's are better than others but not uncommon to see spin numbers lower indoors, especially if combined with some ISS that may be affecting your swing...easy way to find out would be take the mini out to a grass range and hit a few.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MD_ said:

Most likely culprit is simply hitting indoors off a mat...some mat's are better than others but not uncommon to see spin numbers lower indoors, especially if combined with some ISS that may be affecting your swing...easy way to find out would be take the mini out to a grass range and hit a few.

Thanks for the insight! I am going to take it to my local shop that has hitting bays (Trackman) that I am comfortable in. The grass range is closed for the winter, but I was thinking of walking a few holes and bringing it out with me. I am sure that this isn't an issue with the unit, I am just scared to hit a ball in my garage 😅

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, eddie_max said:

How often do the $1000 price drops to $3500 usually take place?  Thanks!

It's only happened twice. Once in September when I got mine, and it was a Black Friday. It hasn't been out long enough. If you're in the US, your best bet is to find a discount through a retailer.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rory4Pres said:

Has anybody used the Titleist pro v1/v1x RCT golf balls with their eye mini?  Does it help?  Did you still need the stickers?

It's not a radar unit, so this ball will have no effect at all. As some have said, updating the firmware is probably the best thing you can do.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rory4Pres said:

Has anybody used the Titleist pro v1/v1x RCT golf balls with their eye mini?  Does it help?  Did you still need the stickers?

you don't need sticker or rct balls with the eye mini

Stickers are for club face not the ball

Edited by sethdavidsdad
  • Like 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

• 2 weeks later...

New at PGA Show Uneekor EyeMini Lite

Indoor only case for unit is desgined to be inside. 
$2750 all other features same as eyemini 

Vokeys SM9 56,60

At first, I saw this and my heart sank. But then I saw the differences. No battery, and no screen.

It's going to work great for a lot of people, but I prefer to be able to use mine on its own. And for me, the difference in cost isn't that much. If I had the option, I'd have still opted for mine.

If someone can find a second-hand unit, I imagine the regular eye-mini will be a steal now, and the no-computer-needed aspect is very, very nice.

If you have a home base and never want it to leave your cave, this is a brilliant product in getting the price down. 

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

4 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

At first, I saw this and my heart sank. But then I saw the differences. No battery, and no screen.

It's going to work great for a lot of people, but I prefer to be able to use mine on its own. And for me, the difference in cost isn't that much. If I had the option, I'd have still opted for mine.

If someone can find a second-hand unit, I imagine the regular eye-mini will be a steal now, and the no-computer-needed aspect is very, very nice.

If you have a home base and never want it to leave your cave, this is a brilliant product in getting the price down. 

Agree, It's a great option to compete with the skytrak. Think it will do well for people that just want to set it up and leave it. Preorder price is $2500 crazy good deal. 

• Like 1

Vokeys SM9 56,60

5 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

I am a little bummed since I just purchased the Eye Mini in December. This is perfect for me as I have my eye mini always connected to power and always used with View software in my basement sim. Fortunately, I paid $3500 for the Eye Mini so not a huge loss, but I could have put the extra $1k towards the swing optix cameras. 

• Thanks 1

does anyone know a retailer I can get the Eyemini at $3500 with? 

Driver: Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9°, Ventus Black TR 6X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Wood: Titleist 15° TSi2, Ventus Blue TR 7X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Hybrid: Titleist 18° TSi3, Ventus Blue 8-X, Pure Grips Wrap 

Irons: Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Wedge: Titleist 50°, 54°,58° Vokey SM9, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Putter: :ping: PLD Custom - Anser 2

Bag: Player III Stand-14 Way- Iridium-

Glove: Vice Pure Color

Ball: Chrome Soft X

Dexterity: LH

@GolfANA Might sell you a unit for that price. I'm pretty sure there won't be any more EyeMini sales that low -- that's why they made the Lite.

Then everyone wins?

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

1 hour ago, karstens_ghost said:

@GolfANA Might sell you a unit for that price. I'm pretty sure there won't be any more EyeMini sales that low -- that's why they made the Lite.

Then everyone wins?

the issue for me is that i want to take it to a range so the lite doesn't do much for me.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9°, Ventus Black TR 6X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Wood: Titleist 15° TSi2, Ventus Blue TR 7X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Hybrid: Titleist 18° TSi3, Ventus Blue 8-X, Pure Grips Wrap 

Irons: Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Wedge: Titleist 50°, 54°,58° Vokey SM9, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Putter: :ping: PLD Custom - Anser 2

Bag: Player III Stand-14 Way- Iridium-

Glove: Vice Pure Color

Ball: Chrome Soft X

Dexterity: LH

And in fairness, I don't think you're going to see it drop that far ever again -- not at the Uneekor level. Retailers certainly might.

This "Lite" product will prop up the EM by no longer making it the "cheapest" product.

But who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg