MEMBER REVIEWS: Cobra KING LTDx Driver! See What Members Are Saying!

Haven't had a chance to hit one of these yet. Cobra isn't really all that common here and it can be a little tough to find outside of one private course. 

That being said these look awesome and looking forward to seeing how all you get on with these!

Edited by FenderSpots
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Looks like the Cobra got the Mizuno on last drive 😬

It sure did! I hit them both as solid as I can! 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

15 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Im thinkin wow dew still on the ground on last hole…

Yeah I teed off at 6am. I wake up @ 3:20 for work 5 days a week so early morning t times are the norm for me. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, M44km44k said:

Round 2 under my belt. Had a late night on the town and a 6 am tee time so I was hurting a bit and forgot my phone in my car. Really disappointed I did because I wanted arccos and pictures. 

I have to say I love the face that cobra has used the last couple years. It leaves a perfect ball mark every time that wipes right off with your thumb. Its basically like having impact tape on every swing, which is super helpful for those of us not good enough to be able to feel exactly where we are missing. 

I think the common theme for me will continue to be forgiveness. I try most of big name new drivers every year and there isn't a huge difference for me. This may be the most forgiving driver I've ever used. It's sad because I think alot of people will sleep on this driver due to all the Rogue and Stealth hype. I think @coreyhr really hit it on the head. If every golfer did a blind test fitting when they went to buy their new driver this year, we would see a lot of these in people's bags. 

I cannot wait to get some pictures of my horrible strikes matched up with some arccos data in the next few weeks. I am also tempted to grab a Rogue ST to have some head to head comparisons on forgiveness.  I am thinking that my tsi3 will not win on forgiveness but I have a feeling it may be longer on good strikes. I'll wait for data before I state that as fact though. 

The comment about the ball mark on the face is a great point. I find myself constantly looking at the face after hitting just to reaffirm what I felt regarding strike. 

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Got in another 18 today on Queenstown Harbor River Course and it was very similar to my round Saturday. Front 9 was rough and my swing just wasn’t getting it done and I ended up putting some really bad swings on the driver. It did what it could to try and save my swings but I lost a few OB with hook draws. Got it straightened out on the back and I think I’ve figured out my stock shot with this. It’s either a baby draw or pretty much dead straight, which is crazy considering what is was before (medium-strong fade).

Forgiveness is something that just keeps popping with this club through my rounds. It is very stable on miss hits and it just will not punish you. Like @jetmech879mentioned it is super forgiving on miss-hits low and unless I showed them the ball mark on the face my playing partners wouldn’t have even known I miss-hit it. The distance still isn’t quite what I would hope when I flush it but frankly the forgiveness more than makes up for that. I’ll gladly give up a few yards distance for my miss-hits ending up in the fairway with limited loss of distance. There is still some fine tuning to be done (mostly to my swing lol) but I am beginning to think this driver will be a legitimate game changer for me. 

• Like 2

I got to the range yesterday after ending up with some free time but not enough to play. Tee sheets were pretty full which was to be expected with the holiday. 

I hit one big slice which was my fault entirely but otherwise the forgiveness of this club really stands out. As others have said they ball mark left in the face is pretty helpful and wipes right off. I’m finding I can tee the LTDx little lower than my Mavrik and get the ball out there just as far. 

I’m hoping to get out for at least 9 later this week to provide some more updates. 

5CF834A2-028C-4794-AA4B-456FA514F5C2.jpeg

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

I ordered a Kai’li white for my driver just for fun! I love the Ventus TR but just curious about this shaft. More fun testing to come! 

• Like 1

Thank you to @GolfWRX_Official and @COBRA PUMA GOLF. This is such an amazing opportunity. My first set of real clubs were King Cobra Oversize IIs. I still have them in my garage and still remember how I bragged about them to all my friends in high school. Cobra has continued to evolve and I am every bit as excited about this driver as I was about those irons many many years ago.

Right off the bat this is a gorgeous club, I went with the blue crown and the blue Ventus 7x shaft. 

Since my driving range is out of commission right now due to upgrades, I took this baby right to the course. I compared it against my current gamer (Titleist TS2 with a AD DI Black 6x) 

My first reaction was that I love the sound of this driver, it's got a nice crack to it vs some of the new clubs that sound loud and tinny almost. The feel is just as solid as the sound, on my mishits (typically low and toward the toe) they were a little less crisp feeling as you would imagine but the club seemed to bring the ball back to where I was aiming. Forgiveness was noticeably better for me with the Cobra vs the Titleist. I continued to hit a few balls on each hole with each driver, and the Cobra is a half inch longer but 10 grams heavier so the distance felt like it evened out for the most part, the Cobra is about 5 -7 yards longer on average for me. 

So far after 1 round I would comfortably grade the driver as follows: 

Looks 8/10 - I am typically more traditional I love the classic look of a Titleist driver, but this club is very very good looking. It's got a new age look without being over the top and obnoxious. 

Sound 9/10 - For me it's exactly what I like, a very satisfying sound on well hit shots.

Feel 8.5/10 - Pure shots feel like butter, thinner shots and toe shots are a bit unresponsive, but they don't mask a bad shot. It's a great feeling driver to me. 

Forgiveness 8/10 - This isn't a game improvement stick, but it did help straighten out my typical miss, some shots that I got lazy on I did pay the price, but no driver would have corrected it. All in all it's a great balance of workability and forgiveness. 

Distance 9/10 - I got this dialed in by the middle of the round and was hitting great high bombs with it. I think I can do a little more tinkering with the settings and find the right combo and maybe squeeze out a couple more yards.

Right now I feel comfortable putting it straight in the bag but I will play another round with both drivers to continue to compare them. 

• Like 4
TM / Titleist / Machine
WITB Link

@M44km44k ... waiting on the Autoflex writeup... tap.. tap.. tap... anyday now... 😁

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

31 minutes ago, M44km44k said:

Haha Im honestly enjoying it too much! I'm scared to switch and mess myself up. Member member tournament next week. After that it's on!!!

...you better. While we're young 😋

• Haha 2

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

On 5/30/2022 at 7:55 PM, Katke87 said:

image.png.7e8f4350030e8cad3403e0c0c5c22d6b.png

Two rounds into this test, and I am truly pleased with this driver. Many thanks for Cobra and GolfWRX for allowing me to do this. As I wrote at the beginning, the Cobra F9 was my all-time favorite driver. The LTDx I'm testing is a bit better in every important respect: it's a bit longer, a bit more forgiving, feels and sounds even more solid (and the F9 sounded and felt very solid), tighter dispersion, higher launch even at 1 degree less loft. 

The one concern I had about the LTDx at first has turned out to be an apparent non-issue; the F9 had changeable weights in the back and front positions, while the LTDx has one in the back and the second in the draw setting. As my biggest miss is a pull/hook, I was anxious to see if the 6g weight in the heel would make that miss more prevalent. So far it has not. If anything, I'm hitting the LTDx even straighter than the F9, and the F9 was a real fairway-finder for me.

Is there anything i dislike about the LTDx? "Dislike" is too strong, but I'm not crazy about the matte black finish and trim colors (red and gold). Also, I wish the "C" logo on the crown was more visible for alignment purposes. Those are tiny quibbles compared to the outstanding performance this club provides.

I played a captain choice today with this beast and really put it through its paces out there. I am just amazed how forgiving this thing is! I was not doing anything great today but this driver kept it in play. I hit it all over the face today and it is truly amazing how I was loosing almost no distance. I hit one so high in the face I looked for a sky mark. The thing still flew 290!! I’m really impressed with this club. I hope to get back out Monday and have another head to head with the mizuno. I can say without a doubt that this is the most forgiving driver I’ve ever hit. And I’ve hit a bunch! 

• Like 1

Today was another good test for my LTDx Max: a windy day on my home course, maybe 15-20 mph with gusts higher. The club was excellent! No ballooning into the wind, and it didn't get knocked down with a following breeze. It also didn't get kicked around much by side winds. I have no idea why, but the LTDx Max delivers tremendous stability, even better than my F9 Cobra -- and the F9 was the best driver I've ever had. Until this test opportunity came along, I hadn't given any thought to replacing it.

As you'll note in my initial review, the shaft, grip, head and shaft weight and length are pretty much identical. Obviously, there is a lot going on under the head, however. As much as I love my F9, the Max is a better club in every respect. Combined with my Pro V1x, which I've played exclusively for many years, the Max is just outstanding. 

It's also interesting that after experimenting when I first acquired the F9, I've played it at 13 degrees. To get a feel for the Max, I've left it at its standard 12 degree setting. The result has been surprising; I'm hitting the Max higher, longer and straighter than the F9. No idea why, but given the Max's performance today in windy conditions, I wonder if perhaps the spin it generates with the Titleist is more efficient.

• Like 1

How's the toe hits on the LTDx non-LS and LS drivers in terms of the draw/hook spin and distance?

2 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

How's the toe hits on the LTDx non-LS and LS drivers in terms of the draw/hook spin and distance?

I have the LS and so far it’s been great! As a matter of fact I hit a couple toe jobs Friday that barely moved. Slight draw back on line and seemingly flew close to normal distance. I’m finding this driver to do great when hit anywhere on the face. It’s really performing as advertised for me. And it’s plenty long! Heading out this morning to compare the Ventus tr against the Kai’li white. This will be fun!

Edited by jetmech879
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FenderSpots said:

Great feedback so far! Keep it going. 

My question is what requirements for any of the testers will keep this club in your bag and replace your current driver? Meaning what does this driver need to do to earn a spot in your bag?

For the me the biggest thing I’m looking for is playable drives and it needs to give me confidence on address. For awhile I haven’t necessarily played the best driver for me because I’m very particular about how it looks at address. My mental game off the tee is pretty weak and it doesn’t take much for the negative thoughts to creep in and that’s when the real mis-hits happen. 

That is where this thing has really shined for me so far. It looks great at address and the matte blue top line really helps the driver look smaller than it is (I’m more comfortable with smaller driver heads). On top of that this driver has performed super well when missing the center of the club face which makes it easy to get confident with it. Knowing that as long as I make a half decent swing this driver will put me in play is huge for my mental game. The only balls I’ve actually lost so far were hook swings and I haven’t lost a single ball right which is crazy impressive. 

I would say so far the ONLY thing keeping me from putting it in the bag over my current game already is the distance. However, I would attribute that to the fact I’m still playing with the settings and still getting comfortable with it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FenderSpots said:

Great feedback so far! Keep it going. 

My question is what requirements for any of the testers will keep this club in your bag and replace your current driver? Meaning what does this driver need to do to earn a spot in your bag?

Had some fun with this beast today! I played a course that I play a lot. I played most of the round with the Ventus TR installed. I have found that that I am definitely longer with the Ventus by an average of 20 yards! I know insane right?!? I will get back to that point. The Kai’li was a little more consistent and straighter but definitely not as long. Not that the Ventus is not accurate but the Kai’li just wants to go straight for me.  I feel that the Ventus TR is my “unicorn shaft”! I love it!
So as for this cobra LTDx LS with the Ventus TR 7x, WOW! I was hitting it pretty well today and on 3 holes I was longer than I’ve ever been by 20 yards! Initially I wasn’t sure if this was longer than my Mizuno but after todays round I can say for sure that it is. It continues to amaze me how forgiving this head is all over the face! I hit one on the 9th hole this morning very low on the face fully expecting it to be about 100 yards short of the green but it was only 40 yards short! I’d say my miss hits with the cobra are darn near equal to my well struck shots with the Mizuno. When I hit the cobra flush, dang y’all!!! It’s a freaking beast! This Cobra LTDx line it the REAL DEAL! 
Before I was lucky enough to win this club I had no intention of changing from the STg 220. I still have zero internet of getting rid of it. But after today, the Cobra will be taking its place in the bag! Also the look of the LS head at address is so nice to look down at. Absolutely loving this head! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jetmech879 said:

I should also add in changing my vote for driver of the year from my Mizuno to the Cobra! 😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jetmech879 said:

I have the LS and so far it’s been great! As a matter of fact I hit a couple toe jobs Friday that barely moved. Slight draw back on line and seemingly flew close to normal distance. I’m finding this driver to do great when hit anywhere on the face. It’s really performing as advertised for me. And it’s plenty long! Heading out this morning to compare the Ventus tr against the Kai’li white. This will be fun!

That's freaking awesome. My old Callaway Epic Max LS could not handle a toe hit, it was an automatic hook. Even my Cobra Pars N Stripes had the same issue.

This sounds like a massive improvement in forgiveness. Thanks for the update 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, player922000 said:

Same here

I’m going to be completely honest. I fully anticipated trying this driver and it not keeping up with my gamer. Damn was I wrong 🤣

29 minutes ago, jetmech879 said:

I’m going to be completely honest. I fully anticipated trying this driver and it not keeping up with my gamer. Damn was I wrong 🤣

Honestly my driving had been so inconsistent I didn't know what to expect lol I hadn't had much luck with Cobra drivers in the past either but it really seems like they've found the cheat code to forgiveness. This thing is legit unbelievable considering where I've been striking the ball on the club face. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, player922000 said:

Honestly my driving had been so inconsistent I didn't know what to expect lol I hadn't had much luck with Cobra drivers in the past either but it really seems like they've found the cheat code to forgiveness. This thing is legit unbelievable considering where I've been striking the ball on the club face. 

That’s a great way to describe it! Don’t get me wrong, bad swings are bad results but as long as I do my part and put a descent move on it the ball just goes! And the peacoat is just so freaking awesome too!!! 😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Played Sunday and had a few "that's ur best one all day" comments on balls I almost missed completely off the toe. (Non LS version) Some distance loss is there but negligible and straight balls. I'll report back with simulator numbers if I ever practice again. Also as I'm sure you expected @SwingBlues I will have my hands on a rogue in the next month or so to give you the comparison you are no doubt waiting for 😜.

• Like 1