2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Seller Will not Issue Refund

garcia51694

I think the sellers plans for his GF to ship fell through which messed up everything timing wise. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

@Stinger83

Have you personally responded to PayPal dispute and issued refund or did you wait until PayPal took some form of action? 

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

38 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

@Stinger83

Have you personally responded to PayPal dispute and issued refund or did you wait until PayPal took some form of action? 

PayPal still has not heard from the seller.

Edited by garcia51694
  • Like 1

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

20 minutes ago, garcia51694 said:

While your update is appreciated, actually directed post towards seller to see if he would respond.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

On 10/8/2022 at 7:31 PM, garcia51694 said:

I would suggest you call PayPal directly so they can immediately close the case in your favor. However, DO NOT close the case yourself even if the seller asks you to under any circumstance.

• Like 2

Taylormade M2 10.5* // Tensei Pro Orange 6S
Taylormade M3 15* // Tensei Pro Orange 7s
Taylormade M3 Rescue // Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85HY
Srixon z565 4-PW // Nippon Modus Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM 52*
Titleist Vokey SM 58*
Scotty Cameron 350g Milspec

For sure. Thanks. 

Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

If the 410 was shipped, PayPal will hold the funds until proof that the 410 made it back to the Seller.

If the 410 was never shipped, and a Tracking Number was never created, PayPal will side with the Buyer.

However, if there is a Tracking Number associated with the 410 shipment, the Buyer may have to wait a while for PayPal to investigate whether the 410 was Shipped to Buyer -> Delivered -> Shipped back to Seller.  After this investigation, PayPal will deliver a ruling.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

With the seller never producing tracking for the buyer , I'd bet dollars to doughnuts @Stinger83 never shipped it and the phony story about "having to get it off the FedEx truck" is all smoke an mirrors until PayPal just takes the money back and awards it to the buyer.  This type of shenanigan's should be an automatic ban instead of listing practices.  

I agree which is why I brought this public. Calling PayPal tomorrow since the seller still hasn’t taken action to return me. 

• Sad 1

Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

On 10/10/2022 at 10:08 AM, golffeen007 said:

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts @Stinger83 never shipped it and the phony story about "having to get it off the FedEx truck" is all smoke an mirrors until PayPal just takes the money back and awards it to the buyer.  This type of shenanigan's should be an automatic ban instead of listing practices.  

On 10/10/2022 at 12:07 PM, Krt22 said:

I think the seller is still trying to scam you by saying the money has been refunded, in hopes you drop the case, in which case he will still have your money and the driver head

On 10/10/2022 at 9:57 AM, jj9000 said:

If the 410 was shipped, PayPal will hold the funds until proof that the 410 made it back to the Seller.

If the 410 was never shipped, and a Tracking Number was never created, PayPal will side with the Buyer.

However, if there is a Tracking Number associated with the 410 shipment, the Buyer may have to wait a while for PayPal to investigate whether the 410 was Shipped to Buyer -> Delivered -> Shipped back to Seller.  After this investigation, PayPal will deliver a ruling.

The vibe has felt more to me like the seller just massively dropped the ball and dug too deep of a hole so he's gone silent. Probably has other stuff going on in his life that made this low priority, which sucks and deserves to have selling privileges revoked at minimum. 

I agree with @golffeen007 though, the whole "I have to get the club off the truck now" feels melodramatic like he has to chase a truck down the highway in the rain just appease the demanding, ungrateful seller. In reality it's a simple reroute through FedEx's website, no histrionics.

@jj9000 It would shock me none if he never shipped it to begin with, but in order for PayPal to be held up by the existence of a tracking number that they need to confirm the status of, that number would have to be visible to @garcia51694 since creating tracking through PayPal Shipping or adding it to the overall transaction would have generated an email to the buyer. It doesn't seem like anything like that ever happened, but hopefully @garcia51694 can confirm. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-6i 26*- 30* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 7i-PW 34*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 59* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

5 hours ago, Valtiel said:

The vibe has felt more to me like the seller just massively dropped the ball and dug too deep of a hole so he's gone silent. Probably has other stuff going on in his life that made this low priority, which sucks and deserves to have selling privileges revoked at minimum. 

I agree with @golffeen007 though, the whole "I have to get the club off the truck now" feels melodramatic like he has to chase a truck down the highway in the rain just appease the demanding, ungrateful seller. In reality it's a simple reroute through FedEx's website, no histrionics.

@jj9000 It would shock me none if he never shipped it to begin with, but in order for PayPal to be held up by the existence of a tracking number that they need to confirm the status of, that number would have to be visible to @garcia51694 since creating tracking through PayPal Shipping or adding it to the overall transaction would have generated an email to the buyer. It doesn't seem like anything like that ever happened, but hopefully @garcia51694 can confirm. 

I never received a tracking number at any point either through DM or PayPal. 

Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

1 hour ago, HoosierHacker89 said:

This whole situation stinks. I'm being overly optimistic I'm sure, but I hope buyer gets refunded and seller can make an apology. 

Seller won't apologise.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

10 hours ago, garcia51694 said:

I never received a tracking number at any point either through DM or PayPal. 

Gotcha, so thankfully that means as far as PayPal is concerned the seller has not shipped the item and therefore the case will go in your favor assuming it stays that way. Keep an eye out for a tracking number getting added at some point though, because if he tries to upload one to "prove" delivery then you know he is just trying to delay the case being resolved. The dude hasn't been online since Saturday so my money is in on this staying dark until the case defaults to your favor and we all update our block lists. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 

2 hours ago, Valtiel said:

and we all update our block lists. 

I did that when he came out with the gf didn’t ship it

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

2 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Gotcha, so thankfully that means as far as PayPal is concerned the seller has not shipped the item and therefore the case will go in your favor assuming it stays that way. Keep an eye out for a tracking number getting added at some point though, because if he tries to upload one to "prove" delivery then you know he is just trying to delay the case being resolved. The dude hasn't been online since Saturday so my money is in on this staying dark until the case defaults to your favor and we all update our block lists. 

Not necessarily.  I nevr post the tracking number on paypal. when I sell.  I just send it to the buyer.

7 minutes ago, TwistedSister said:

Not necessarily.  I nevr post the tracking number on paypal. when I sell.  I just send it to the buyer.

Not sure how that is counter to what I said. I'm commenting on the fact that he never received any tracking info, and neither did PayPal. The point from a PayPal Case standpoint is that when a tracking number exists in the PayPal system, PayPal will assume "ok, the thing has been shipped and we'll need to wait for the tracking to now show a delivery confirmation". If a tracking number does not exist in PayPal's system then PayPal assumes it was never shipped and will rule in favor of the buyer. 

Bridgestone 

2 minutes ago, Valtiel said:

Not sure how that is counter to what I said. I'm commenting on the fact that he never received any tracking info, and neither did PayPal. The point from a PayPal Case standpoint is that when a tracking number exists in the PayPal system, PayPal will assume "ok, the thing has been shipped and we'll need to wait for the tracking to now show a delivery confirmation". If a tracking number does not exist in PayPal's system then PayPal assumes it was never shipped and will rule in favor of the buyer. 

My point is just because Paypal does not have a tracking number does not mean there is not one.  I doubt there is. I misread your meaning.  Benn a tough two weeks for me medically... Sorry.

• Like 2

Best case scenario is you get your money back and the seller gets his club back and we move on. 

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

6 minutes ago, TwistedSister said:

My point is just because Paypal does not have a tracking number does not mean there is not one.  I doubt there is. I misread your meaning.  Benn a tough two weeks for me medically... Sorry.

No worries, sorry to hear about your troubles. 😞

Bridgestone 

This is a clear example of how things can go from bad to worse when sellers post an item for sale and either go on vacation or a business trip and suddenly leave the shipping responsibility to some one other than themselves. I’ve probably been on both ends of this very topic and to say the seller is at fault is true but also, he is not the worse person on earth as some might make him out to be. Also goes to show how using paypal goods and services is a great thing as well. looks like paypal is holding funds until it is all cleared up. Hope everything works out for both parties.

Edited by llewol007
  • Like 1

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

28 minutes ago, llewol007 said:

This is a clear example of how things can go from bad to worse when sellers post an item for sale and either go on vacation or a business trip and suddenly leave the shipping responsibility to some one other than themselves. I’ve probably been on both ends of this very topic and to say the seeker is at fault is true but also, he is not the worse person on earth as some might make him out to be. Also goes to show how using paypal goods and services is a great thing as well. looks like paypal is holding funds until it is all cleared up. Hope everything works out for both parties.

I think communication goes a long way in situations like this. The seller can’t just leave town and go radio silent. Even on vacation it’s not that hard to drop a quick text/email updating the buyer, unless he’s gone completely off the grid in the back country (unlikely). I mean, was this guy out in the wilderness with Bear Grylls drinking his own urine? I doubt it. I’m sure the wifi at the JW was just fine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1