Callaway Apex 23???

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, KBS Tour Proto HY 95/105 S+

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

10 hours ago, 4TheKing614 said:

Definitely interested in this post. I loved the 19 apex, I thought they ruined them in their last model 

Whys that?

I'm still in the original Apex, as none of the other lines have beat them out

Why do you feel the 21 version so much worse than the 19?

They seemed about the same to me when I tried them out

• Like 1

Yadi for President

The apex pro line had always delivered a nice cb/ap2 style head. The 21 was just a hard, clicky tungsten loaded spin monster that didn't draw much from its lineage. It's little wonder pretty much every staffer went from the 19 to the tcb or mb. I don't even remember seeing a witb with them in. I'm gonna say it, they were pretty junk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Callaway Rogue ST 🔹🔹🔹LS 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR blue 6X

Titleist TSr3 16.5* - Tensei Blue 65X

Titleist 2023 t200 4 Project X 6.0

Titleist 2021 t100s 5-GW - Project X 6.0

Vokey SM9 - 52*, 56* m grind

Cleveland Zipcore raw - 60* low

Odyssey White Hot OG 1/OG 11/Toulon Atlanta

Srixon Z Star🔹

8 hours ago, BYK said:

Whys that?

I'm still in the original Apex, as none of the other lines have beat them out

Why do you feel the 21 version so much worse than the 19?

They seemed about the same to me when I tried them out

It got significantly bigger. The apex 19

were a great club. The cf16 were great clubs .They made them much chunkier in 2021 by a lot. I also would have considering playing apex pro 19. I don’t like the feel of the new ones. Lost that night Apex pro feel. 

1 hour ago, 4TheKing614 said:

It got significantly bigger. The apex 19

were a great club. The cf16 were great clubs .They made them much chunkier in 2021 by a lot. I also would have considering playing apex pro 19. I don’t like the feel of the new ones. Lost that night Apex pro feel. 

Really.  I’ll have to take a look next time I see a set of 21s.  I thought they looked essentially the same

Yadi for President

1 minute ago, BYK said:

Really.  I’ll have to take a look next time I see a set of 21s.  I thought they looked essentially the same

I would have bought them if they were. A buddy of mine just put the cf19 in his bag. I loved the look. I’m going to play a round with them this week. If I like them I will grab a set of preowned. They wouldn’t be my main set but as my back up. I struggle turf interaction with wider soles. So it isnt just a looks thing. I need it for good crisp shots 

3 minutes ago, 4TheKing614 said:

I would have bought them if they were. A buddy of mine just put the cf19 in his bag. I loved the look. I’m going to play a round with them this week. If I like them I will grab a set of preowned. They wouldn’t be my main set but as my back up. I struggle turf interaction with wider soles. So it isnt just a looks thing. I need it for good crisp shots 

Agree 

love the turf interaction. 
I still can’t move away from my 14s. 

They just had that massive sale on all Apex lines on CPO. 30% off a lot of the lines.  I almost picked up some 19s just for the silly price.  They’re still 22% off now though.  

‘’any other irons you like?  People love the v soles of the srixons but they just didn’t work for me.  The apex sole is far and away the best for me. 

Yadi for President

1 hour ago, BYK said:

Agree 

They just had that massive sale on all Apex lines on CPO. 30% off a lot of the lines.  I almost picked up some 19s just for the silly price.  They’re still 22% off now though.  

‘’any other irons you like?  People love the v soles of the srixons but they just didn’t work for me.  The apex sole is far and away the best for me. 

I have a set of srixons I’m looking to sell to get the apex 19. The turf interaction is great. I believe the 585/785 combo was better then the zx7. 
I just sold my miura irons and bought a set of D9 forged. They are great irons. Getting used to the turf interaction has been taking some getting used to. It is why I am looking to get a back up set or irons I love. 

I got the Apex 21's this spring used for a good price and like them.  I guess it's all relative as I was switching from almost 20yr. old 704cb's.  I also got them with Px 6.0 shafts so that makes a difference in how they play vs. other options. 

Edited by ezra76

1 hour ago, BYK said:

Agree 

I just moved this year from mine to the 770's. I think the turf interaction is better. Less offset which is better for me also.

22 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Would 100% consider a New Pro Dot ‘23 if there was one. Stupid WRX Classifieds to click bait one of my 7 iron switches since then … 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Wont be any more Apex Pro tour editions like the dot since the TCB is out

8 hours ago, Chopper Dave said:

The apex pro line had always delivered a nice cb/ap2 style head. The 21 was just a hard, clicky tungsten loaded spin monster that didn't draw much from its lineage. It's little wonder pretty much every staffer went from the 19 to the tcb or mb. I don't even remember seeing a witb with them in. I'm gonna say it, they were pretty junk.

Thats because Callaway shifted their line and what each iron is meant for. The Apex Pro is no longer a forged 'medium tech' MM head - it's now a 'high tech' head and meant to go head to head with the T200 and P770. The TCB was introduced for the tour players to fill that need which is what the old Apex Pro dot heads were for. Hence you dont see any on tour except LPGA, and all the PGA guys are in the TCB.

• Like 2

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

50 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Wont be any more Apex Pro tour editions like the dot since the TCB is out

Thats because Callaway shifted their line and what each iron is meant for. The Apex Pro is no longer a forged 'medium tech' MM head - it's now a 'high tech' head and meant to go head to head with the T200 and P770. The TCB was introduced for the tour players to fill that need which is what the old Apex Pro dot heads were for. Hence you dont see any on tour except LPGA, and all the PGA guys are in the TCB.

I don’t love the feel of tcb or xforged. I love callaway as a brand. I got fitted 3 times over last couple years iron wise. They never panned out. I’m hoping that apex 19 do. 

On 10/29/2022 at 8:27 AM, 4TheKing614 said:

Definitely interested in this post. I loved the 19 apex, I thought they ruined them in their last model 

Funny, I thought the '21's were better feeling. Very similar to the '14 model.

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

16 hours ago, Chopper Dave said:

The Apex Pro '19 you saw on Tour was not the same Apex Pro CF'19 you and I got.  I forget the name of it but it had a very limited retail release.  I think it was called the Apex Pro Double Dot or something like that.  It had no cup face, a bit less offset, and was smaller overall, with traditional lofts.  Basically everything the TCB became.  That is why all the tour pros made the jump to the TCB from the Apex Pro DD because it was a lateral move.  The Apex Pro '21 was designed to be a super techy iron that also maintained moderate offset and a smaller overall profile to take some market share away from T100-S, P770, and i500.  It was also an evolution of the the Epic Forged irons, Callaway's first fully forged hollow-body iron with the microspheres.  They took all they learned from that in 2018 and on and incorporated into an iron that your average player would say "blade" but give it the DNA of the Apex.  It has been an extremely good seller for Callaway and I honestly think I've sold more of these than I ever did Apex Pro 19.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9 -- Accra TZFive 60

Callaway Paradym 15 & Paradym TD 18  -- Accra TZFive 70

Cobra King Tec 22 & 25 -- MMT 80 -- Testing RadSpeed and LTDx One Length 4 & 5 hybrid

Ping i525 6-PW, UW -- Modus 120 -- Testing Aerojet One Length 5-Gw

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54 & 58 -- DG Spinner 

Bettinardi Hive Custom -- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

I have been a big fan of the x forged and apex lines since ‘13 x forged release and ‘14 apex.  The soles of the x forged line fit me so well.  I want to love the ‘21 x forged so much but the shaping of the scoring irons are not as refined as I would like.  The ‘21 apex pro look fantastic behind the ball as well.  It’s just that “techy” sound once you get to the 7i takes some getting used to.  The p-8i feel great on the apex pro.

Really intrigued to see what comes next.  Callaway has been doing a great job on irons lately they always get my attention.  No other OEM releases tour models like they do to the public.  Pretty cool.

Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x 

Srixon   ZxU mkii 4i   Modus Ghost Stiff 

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

• pga43 locked this topic