The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Ok here is a fun little quiz. Guess this location:

IMG_7870.jpeg.5d5406f8b61d7eb3cd1624b5b701a9fd.jpeg

The set where you will be donning a pair of blue jeans, flannel shirt, and hiking boots and filming an earthy vibe Humana infomercial? 

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs   Super Stroke Wrist Lock 

2 minutes ago, touch said:

The set where you will be donning a pair of blue jeans, flannel shirt, and hiking boots and filming an earthy vibe Humana infomercial? 

... Haha close. It is the new temp home for my youngest. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Haha close. It is the new temp home for my youngest. 

This photographer says that's a wicked cool photo. The old bicycle and the Mercedes front end make for such a contrast. The mountains in the back with the pines up front all under grey stormy looking clouded skies are fantastic too. And don't forget the sage colored ground growth with rocks. 

Great photo.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, touch said:

This photographer says that's a wicked cool photo. The old bicycle and the Mercedes front end make for such a contrast. The mountains in the back with the pines up front all under grey stormy looking clouded skies are fantastic too. And don't forget the sage colored ground growth with rocks. 

Great photo.

...Thanks, he is crazy happy with his first week working as a PA on Yellowstone. Says the views are just breath taking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

I picked Aberg for my Saturday game.  We were a combined -7.  I thought he was better. I won $3, how’d he do?  He needed to contribute.

So we had a tournament Saturday. 3 man.  Each six holes one guy played his own ball, other two scrambled.  Then switch. Take your two scores and combine them with a pro’s score from Sunday at the Masters. Pick a name out of a hat for your pro. 

Ended Saturday with a three stroke lead on the field. We ended up with Pavon and his 73. Of course a team only four back picked Tom Kim. 🤬

2nd place. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

...Thanks, he is crazy happy with his first week working as a PA on Yellowstone. Says the views are just breath taking. 

Awesome! Good to hear he is jazzed for the experience. I see he takes after dad some. 👍

I welcome more scenic photos. 🙂

5 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

So we had a tournament Saturday. 3 man.  Each six holes one guy played his own ball, other two scrambled.  Then switch. Take your two scores and combine them with a pro’s score from Sunday at the Masters. Pick a name out of a hat for your pro. 

Ended Saturday with a three stroke lead on the field. We ended up with Pavon and his 73. Of course a team only four back picked Tom Kim. 🤬

2nd place. 

How'd you play DS? Nail some? 

Did you have a great time?

Nice weather?

Congrats on getting to play and on your team's fine finish. 

14 minutes ago, touch said:

Awesome! Good to hear he is jazzed for the experience. I see he takes after dad some. 👍

I welcome more scenic photos. 🙂

... Thanks, but not exactly a chip off the ole block. I played QB in college, he was a 1st team All Conference DE. I am in front of the camera and he is behind it. But at least we are operating in the same ball parks.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, touch said:

How'd you play DS? Nail some? 

Did you have a great time?

Nice weather?

Congrats on getting to play and on your team's fine finish. 

Thanks Touch, that’s a great way to look at it. The weather was great with the exception of one hole, and at least I got to play, the other team we played with was great, and we did finish well. 

Playing up a tee box was a blast. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, touch said:

I was very busy all weekend and today especially. I made it across the work finish line about 6 PM eastern on this Masters Sunday. As you guys know I work all weekends. I saw more of the Masters on Thurs. and Fri. than I did Saturday and Sunday. I did see pieces here and there over the weekend because thankfully there are plenty of TV's around my workplace. I have tee times for the next two days and the weather is going to be extra dandy for playing golf. Perhaps the Golf Gods blessed me with fine golf weather to start the new week because I assisted many fellow golfers over the weekend? 

Here are a few photos from my day. 

"There's a stick shift car at Valet, somebody go get LP to park it."  😁 I love driving the giant winged white Civic R. Bitchin' ride for sure. 

From the neat finds in golf bags today.  Who would? "Arnie would!" 

It's the first couples tournament of the season. Get out the Bus the 6 seater golf cart. 

Well since I will be there for a long time today let me bring in the ingredients and whip up a batch of LP Wings for Masters Sunday. I will use a commercial kitchen and have the assistance of a pro cook and it will be easy- peasy. I had hours. I did all the steps. Brine bath. Air Cool. Rub set. Then about 15 minutes in the convection oven at 450*  My preferred rub has a Guns and Roses vibe and is made in Mississippi. I like sweet rubs. For the final 5 minutes in the oven the wings were brushed with the House BBQ sauce. I shared them with my coworkers. They were delicious. 

BFCC was featuring a nice shade of new spring green this weekend. 🙂

The club was jumping every day and it was Masters week.  

Golf Golf Golf and more Golf.

Thankfully tomorrow around noon it's my turn to get out there and play 18.

Yeah Baby !  🏌️‍♀️

Civic R .jpg

2 Civic R .jpg

Arnie Would .jpg

the bus golf cart.jpg

rub.jpg

1 (1).jpg

3:.jpg

4.jpg

55.jpg

#9 green BFCC.jpg

LP Masters weekend BFCC.jpg

Nice job with the wings! I like to mix up the seasoning and sauce - sweet with one and spicy with the other. Hard to beat having a pro kitchen to cook in. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Have patience grasshopper. 

OK, the reason for the rant, now that I have had a little time to properly reflect.  In my 40 years of golf, prior to this year I could count my lessons on one hand.  And those were just for a set of eyes to tell me what I was no longer doing.  I didn't have a mechanical thought in my head.  It was invariably posture, which is pre-shot, and everything was right in the world when I got the reminder.

These last two years have me taking actual lessons.  Like trying to learn a new swing pattern to alleviate the 13* in to out swing, and to gain some more distance.  My driver is my worst club by far, but the frustration yesterday was that it was my best club.  I was right next to the longer hitters of the group and in the fairway.  The ground is super hard, so I found myself inside 120 yards 6-7 times.  Generally, the wedge game is where I am going to score, my irons are easily the best part of the game.  Instead, I was thinking about these silly lessons and wiping, thinning, fatting, and just overall slapping the ball all over the planet.  When I do it with my driver I just think, that's OK that's what I do.  When I do it with my wedges, it is absolutely infuriating.

When I got to the "wow this is bad stage" and started relaxing and just swinging I was even.

That is the frustration.  Never had mechanical thoughts, now I do and I can't seem to erase them until it's too late.  Mental midget, but I suspect most folks (or I try to tell myself) are similar.

I’m hoping the nearly unplayable wind we had yesterday dries the courses out some. It’s been a record month of rainfall, and that makes it tough for me!

Funny I was always a comparatively high ball hitter. Now that I’m single-limbed, I’m still a relatively high ball guy! When it is so wet that I am backing up my driver that is no good at all. 

• Sad 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

At least you boys are playing! I tried a full swing yesterday while watching the Masters. Just can’t do it. And even a limited swing has to be slow. I doubt I could hit a 200 yard drive or a 100 yard 7i. And I have no idea how many holes I’d last. I’m just hoping I don’t have more damage than my doc diagnosed. Didn’t have an MRI. But I’m starting to push it a little more to see if I can get past the limited range.

Recovery time in geezerhood sucks!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, mshills said:

I’m hoping the nearly unplayable wind we had yesterday dries the courses out some. It’s been a record month of rainfall, and that makes it tough for me!

Funny I was always a comparatively high ball hitter. Now that I’m single-limbed, I’m still a relatively high ball guy! When it is so wet that I am backing up my driver that is no good at all. 

My member guest partner said he is at Nevillewood trying to hit the range between raindrops.

17 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

My member guest partner said he is at Nevillewood trying to hit the range between raindrops.

I think spring is mostly here now, though this weekend is looking cold again, which is fine since no time for golf this week. Has been a helluva lot of rain this month!

I was not kidding about backing up my driver. Three times yesterday I saw the pitch mark 2’ in front of my ball. Sigh, and uncover the 5w, again. 😂

Edited by mshills
  • Like 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

3 minutes ago, mshills said:

I think spring is mostly here now, though this weekend is looking cold again, which is fine since no time for golf this week. Has been a helluva lot of rain this month!

I was not kidding about backing up my driver. Three times yesterday I saw the pitch mark 2’ in front of my ball. Sigh, and uncover the 5w, again. 😂

I know exactly what you're saying.  During the winter up here we get the same thing on a number of holes. So you're left with your carry distance minus 2 inches.  And in less than ideal weather your carry distance is less than in the summer.  Double whammy.  A few years ago had a guy hit a beautiful drive down the center of the 1st fairway on a notorious hole for ball plugging.  We saw it land from the elevated tee and figured all was well.  Nobody was behind us so we cheated and looked for his ball for 10 minutes.  Nothing.  The thing went subterranean.  

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Master's results for this Missouri boy.

Scheffler  +50

Rahm        +5

Hovland    -3

C. Smith    +10

Harman     -3

Total          59  At least I am consistent.

346973451_888396472260566_4320234575301957182_n.jpg

• Haha 3

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

Toura Golf CB 5-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° and Corey Paul wedges 52° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter

A couple of rounds under my belt after the home course opened on Thursday. I’ve got to admit that walking 8 miles while playing 18 on a somewhat hilly course is tougher than I would’ve claimed last fall 😄 I was quite worn out yesterday evening and I’ve been exercising and smacking balls in the sim all winter.

Yesterday’s round started well but I started hooking the ball off the planet on the back nine. Post-round diagnosis is shoulders opening as I tire. But the rust will come off with a few more reps.

Edited by Peak
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Peak said:

I’ve got to admit that walking 8 miles while playing 18 on a somewhat hilly course is tougher than I would’ve claimed last fall

Curious.  Most regulation courses are about a 5 mile walk.  Is yours longer yardage, greater distances from green to the next tee or were you playing in a zig zag back and forth across the fairways?  Or like Colin Morikawa, on the 18th yesterday, were you back-tracking in some places?  😁

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

... I know a lot of you are still dealing with cooler temps but summer is right around the corner here in the Valley Of The Sun. After a wet and chilly winter, it's nice to see 90* temps when walking as they help keep me loose. I am happy up to 109* but start riding in a cart once the temps top 100*. 

Screenshot2024-04-15at12_10_19PM.png.3cbfe76354bc86ed46d2003f2b6b6662.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Curious.  Most regulation courses are about a 5 mile walk.  Is yours longer yardage, greater distances from green to the next tee or were you playing in a zig zag back and forth across the fairways?  Or like Colin Morikawa, on the 18th yesterday, were you back-tracking in some places?  😁

To be fair I’m not quite sure. Had to check some rounds from last year to confirm the measurement isn’t that far off. Had a bit of a tracking error (stopped the watch after I had started driving home) and the correct mileage is closer to 7.5 miles. There is some walking to do between tees but nothing special. Other courses I play are also pretty close to a 7.5 mile walk. The course length is almost exactly 6000 yards.

And those walking distances are according to my Garmin watch so thus probably quite a bit more than what walking a straight line would be.

And now I’m thinking I need to stop zig zagging needlessly to cut down on miles and save some energy 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I know a lot of you are still dealing with cooler temps but summer is right around the corner here in the Valley Of The Sun. After a wet and chilly winter, it's nice to see 90* temps when walking as they help keep me loose. I am happy up to 109* but start riding in a cart once the temps top 100*. 

Screenshot2024-04-15at12_10_19PM.png.3cbfe76354bc86ed46d2003f2b6b6662.png

You missed your calling.  You should have been a weatherman.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, touch said:

Play started for us on #10 this afternoon. So it happened on my 11th hole of the round or hole #2 on the front 9. Stan and I hit the same distances with our iron shots. We get our yardage, 128. I pull 9 iron out of my bag. Stan asked what club are you thinking. I said a full 9 iron. Stan asks don't you feel the freshening one club wind in our face ? and he thinks an 8 iron is required. I reassess my shot and agree with Stan that an 8 iron would be the better choice. I put my tee in the ground and notice that the pin is on a little slant in the green which runs left to right. I say to Stan to get it close we have to fire it short side because once it lands it will roll to the right. I make my swing and when the ball is in the air I say a loud, "Oh this is going to be tight my friend." The shot lands 4 feet left of the pin and begins to roll to the right, and it rolled right into the cup for my 3rd career Hole in One. 💥Thanks Stan for the caddie help. Too dang funny, I made an Ace on a course that I was playing for the very first time!   

Maybe it was destined to happen? 

128 yards

8 iron used for the shot

And Hendersonville CC is located in a suburb named Laurel Park, so the letters L and P were sort of involved you might say. 😀

Career Ace # 3 !   Wahoo !  🏌️‍♀️

The restaurant and bar are both closed on Monday's at Hendersonville CC, and besides being that Stan and I were not members we wouldn't have wanted to go into the clubhouse anyway, so I'm taking Stan out for dinner and drinks in the near future to celebrate. 

There I am on the tee box after my Ace on #2. 😊

Hendersonville CC sign .jpg

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1