The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

7 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

The armorer getting 18 months doesn’t seem right to me, especially when the person that pulled the trigger won’t spend a single minute behind bars.  The only hit he will take is in the wallet and I seriously doubt that will be a major impact.

... 👍 Just opinions of course but she handed an actor a gun loaded with live ammunition on set. That is really her only job, make sure the set is safe when using firearms. Someone died because she was reckless or careless or both. But I agree Baldwin should be culpable too and I think he should absolutely serve some time. I think him saying he didn't pull the trigger will come back and haunt him at trial. Especially since he was the Producer and the Amorer's boss. As I said earlier reports are others quit because he was cutting corners and they felt the set was unsafe. 

... Every set I have worked on with firearms and stunts are meticulous with safety precautions. 

• Like 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Quaker Creek in Mebane, NC was the course Mrs. NCL and I played this afternoon.  80 degrees, mostly sunny and a slight breeze.  The couple in front of us let us play through at the 2nd tee and it was clear sailing until the 11th, where the logjam began.  It was a nice day and we had nowhere to be so we just chilled and kept pace. 1:15 to play the front and 2:05 to play the back!

Played from mixed tees approx 5550 yards and shot a 40/50=90.   33 putts total, driver was 10-12 and I missed 2 fairways with my 5W.  Same ball all day.

The 12th, a 500 yard par 5 ate my lunch.  Had a fair drive, pulled 3W just into the trees, 6I punch out, 24* hybrid green high but right of cart path in junk, 6I low punch hit the lip of the cart path and flew back over my head, took drop, PW on green, 3 putt for a 10!  Only bad hole all day...   

image.png.6cb80c429b46564c3eeeb49057ec3c93.png

Par 3 12th with the green surrounded by water...almost like Sawgrass!  One strange thing today was a scuba diver (not pictured) searching for golf balls.  We didn't help his cause...this time!

IMG_8204.JPG

You were looking smart in that BFCC lid Lance. 👍

• Haha 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs   Super Stroke Wrist Lock 

St. Andre ! 😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... 👍 Just opinions of course but she handed an actor a gun loaded with live ammunition on set. That is really her only job, make sure the set is safe when using firearms. Someone died because she was reckless or careless or both. But I agree Baldwin should be culpable too and I think he should absolutely serve some time. I think him saying he didn't pull the trigger will come back and haunt him at trial. Especially since he was the Producer and the Amorer's boss. As I said earlier reports are others quit because he was cutting corners and they felt the set was unsafe. 

... Every set I have worked on with firearms and stunts are meticulous with safety precautions. 

Obviously she didn’t do her job properly, and there should be some recourse, but if as you mentioned corners were being cut and the site was unsafe, these are major factors.  If she could have gotten 5 years but these factors were taken into account then I change my statement and her sentence is appropriate.

• Like 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

Sorry for the delay in getting these posted.

Links Lounge Major Standings (Post Masters)

247 Pts - DMM

220 Pts - Chisag

215 Pts - NJBF

189 Pts - Triple Lindy

180 Pts - Aen

172 Pts - Touch

161 Pts - Parker

154 Pts - imKirby

140 Pts - Aaron

118 Pts - DLeighton Reid

53 Pts - P3P

49 Pts - NCLancer

• Thanks 3

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

I have heard of quite a few folks that have had success with the change and play with a couple of guys who do it.  I have to say, at first I wondered if I wasn't seeing something weird.  No, no I wasn't, and they both are happy with it and the results speak for themselves.

Glad you decided to not only try it, but are having success with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJBigFish22 said:

As a side note, I have started putting left handed.  I am planning on sticking with it for awhile.  After 5 rounds my putting has been much better.  I am reading the line better and starting to dial in the speed.  I may have mentioned the reason for the change earlier.  After getting prescription glasses and being cross eyed dominant I wasn't reading the lines and that was messing with my pace.  I like the progress and although I haven't made more putts, I am generally leaving my putts under 12 inches. 

... A Big Ole 👍 

• Like 1

My nearest hamlet is a little more left leaning and outlawed circus animals, clearly Butte doesn't have the same restrictions.  Apparently it was a backfiring car that created the panic and run.

I mentioned to my wife I would welcome seeing an elephant walking down the street.  Definitely not a normal occurence.  This morning on the news our local newscaster added in at the end, "The elephant did leave a deposit in a local yard."  Tells you all you need to know about the depth of coverage we offer around here. 

And then there is this NBC guy in Yellowstone:

• Haha 3

I should ask, where are you going to stay?  There is some decent public golf up that way if you get the inkling.

There was also noise about the park pass system and I hope they keep it in tact for you because if not, the road is like the Seattle I-5 but higher up.

Whitefish is a nice town if you aren't interested in meeting folks from MT and paying 2X the going rate for food/beverage.  And they really do have a couple of really good public courses.  Big Fork is another town within 30 minutes of Columbia Falls, assuming you aren't going in on the Browning Side (which few do) even though Many Glacier is crazy crowded as well.  We wandered into Babb and much to my child's dismay they were rolling a bootleg Dead show over the speakers, the child's dismay is she knew all the songs at 15 years old.

1 hour ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I have started putting left handed. 

Good for you B. We have two members here that play right handed and putt left handed and both are solid players. Both are seniors.

I grabbed a lefty putter out of the Pro Shop just now and gave it a go. I will tell you that I could do it half way decent, but only if I go right hand low while putting lefty. If I held it in conventional fashion I had No Control whatsoever.

Good luck with the change over and stay with it. Practice a bunch and when you come on down to play with me in a few weeks you can show me that you are now comfortable with putting left handed and are on the verge of becoming a South Paw Boss of the Moss. 😃

I didn't think @Soloman1 made a lefty putter so what make and model are you using? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

Wow, that seems like a huge adjustment. I don’t know that I would have even considered that. Glad it’s working for you!

It’s not that big, but I’m thinking part of the reason is I used to switch hit playing baseball. 

• Like 1

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

11 minutes ago, touch said:

Good for you B. We have two members here that play right handed and putt left handed and both are solid players. Both are seniors.

I grabbed a lefty putter out of the Pro Shop just now and gave it a go. I will tell you that I could do it half way decent, but only if I go right hand low while putting lefty. If I held it in conventional fashion I had No Control whatsoever.

Good luck with the change over and stay with it. Practice a bunch and when you come on down to play with me in a few weeks you can show me that you are now comfortable with putting left handed and are on the verge of becoming a South Paw Boss of the Moss. 😃

I didn't think @Soloman1 made a lefty putter so what make and model are you using? 

Yes right hand low is the only way I can make this work.  I am using a TM Palisades 3.  It’s a fang mallet, you know I prefer a blade, but figured a mallet would be better initially.  

• Like 1

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Ball - Srixon Q Star

1 minute ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I used to switch hit playing baseball. 

Yes I bet that makes it somewhat easier. 

47 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Whitefish is a nice town if you aren't interested in meeting folks from MT and paying 2X the going rate for food/beverage.

Whitefish is a fun little town and adjacent to the Ski area.  But touristy.  Guessing TL has been there on a ski trip subjecting his shoulder to danger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Posted (edited)

Look away @NCLancer this is not for DUKE fans.  😄

After my round on Monday Stan and I went inside the pro shop to thank the assistant pro for the invite to play Hendersonville CC. He was out playing with members when we checked in. I walked into the Mens Locker Room to check it out. I spied this flag. Why look who signed the flag. Back a few years on a different Par 3 Roy Williams and his playing partner each got an Ace with back to back shots. Incredible. Later this summer when he is at BFCC I will look forward to saying , "Hey coach Roy, nice going, and then you and I have something in common." 😉

Unfortunately Stan's tee shot after mine (he said prior to hitting, now that's not fun to have to follow 😁 ) only made it to 10 feet from the hole so we couldn't duplicate Roys' and Jay's incredible back to back Hole in One's. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Yes right hand low is the only way I can make this work.  I am using a TM Palisades 3.  It’s a fang mallet, you know I prefer a blade, but figured a mallet would be better initially.  

Oh my. Welcome then to the world of great Taylor Made putters my brother. 😄

31 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Perhaps looking smart but not always playing smart!!

... I wish we had the same help with our golf games as I have had my entire professional career. I could shoot in the 60's every single round ... with a really good editor. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Whitefish is a fun little town and adjacent to the Ski area.  But touristy.  Guessing TL has been there on a ski trip subjecting his shoulder to danger.

Unsure, Big Mountain was hot for about 5 minutes, but most, if they come to MT to ski head to Big Sky which is Whitefish on steroids at this point.  Big Sky is huge now.  If my poor memory is remotely accurate TL is a CO guy, where the snow is better and the the temperatures are warmer.

A buddy of mine had a condo within walking distance of Hellroaring Bar/Restaurant.  As with all ski towns, they have golf courses.  Big Sky has an Arnold Palmer course in town and I can't remember if Moonlight Basin was purchased by Yellowstone Club, but I believe where they played the match is open to the public as well.  Whitefish has their 2 munis which are both pretty danged good.  Most will say the South is the championship course, but I prefer the woodsy shorter north course.

There are some other good courses in the area as well.  Northern Pines is a favorite amongst my friends and I also really like it.  Eagle Bend in Big Fork is a nice course as well.  The one we all agree is a little hinky is Meadow Lake in Columbia Falls.  It was well conditioned the last time we played it, but a lot of shots where you have to know the distance to the trouble or you found the trouble where fairways end, etc..  Then, of course, is the Faldo up in Eureka, but at a 45 minute drive from Whitefish it is probably too far to go.  In the event you ever wander over in the summer.

I don't go up to Whitefish too often.  A peer keeps telling me to come up to play Whitefish with him, he has the season pass, but it's just a long drive on a two lane road with motorhomes and fifth wheels making it a brutal slog.  I rarely head to Big Sky either.  It just isn't my scene, but I will reiterate, the Breeders/ Foo Fighters show at the Big Sky rodeo arena last summer was amazing.  No golf for me then, we ran down that day, spent the night and headed out the next day.  I can only look a mountain so many times before I feel like I have "seen it."    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, touch said:

Look away @NCLancer this is not for DUKE fans.  😄

After my round on Monday Stan and I went inside the pro shop to thank the assistant pro for the invite to play Hendersonville CC. He was out playing with members when we checked in. I walked into the Mens Locker Room to check it out. I spied this flag. Why look who signed the flag. Back a few years on a different Par 3 Roy Williams and his playing partner each got an Ace with back to back shots. Incredible. Later this summer when he is at BFCC I will look forward to saying , "Hey coach Roy, nice going, and then you and I have something in common." 😉

Unfortunately Stan's tee shot after mine (he said prior to hitting, now that's not fun to have to follow 😁 ) only made it to 10 feet from the hole so we couldn't duplicate Roys' and Jay's incredible back to back Hole in One's. 

PXL_20240415_204025811.jpg

I read it anyway despite the warning!  Remember that I reside in Hillsborough, which is the county seat of Orange County.  Chapel Hill and UNC are located in the southern part of our county and their daily influence is unavoidable.

You have another trait in common with Ol' Roy...you both have too much of that wrong shade of blue hanging in your golf closet😜!

• Haha 1

For @Petethreeput and @mshills our former and current PGH guys.

You can take the boy out of Pittsburgh but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of the boy. 😃

image.jpeg.896f7ca37d2138cab278b5773aa7073e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

I should ask, where are you going to stay?  There is some decent public golf up that way if you get the inkling.

There was also noise about the park pass system and I hope they keep it in tact for you because if not, the road is like the Seattle I-5 but higher up.

Whitefish is a nice town if you aren't interested in meeting folks from MT and paying 2X the going rate for food/beverage.  And they really do have a couple of really good public courses.  Big Fork is another town within 30 minutes of Columbia Falls, assuming you aren't going in on the Browning Side (which few do) even though Many Glacier is crazy crowded as well.  We wandered into Babb and much to my child's dismay they were rolling a bootleg Dead show over the speakers, the child's dismay is she knew all the songs at 15 years old.

We’re staying at Many Glacier Hotel in the park. Come join us for a drink if you’re anywhere nearby! Since we have a hotel reservation, we don’t need a car reservation for the Many Glacier entrance. And the east entrance (St. Mary’s?) doesn’t require reservations this year - only the west. We’re flying into Kalispell and renting a car. I realize that we’ll have to drive around the park to get to Many Glacier.

We’re only there for 5 days, so no time for golf. And I have no idea what’s up with my shoulder. Some days (like today) it hurts like a mf’er. Other days, it feels fine. I’ll probably get an MRI once Mrs. Lindy is back on her feet from her ACL surgery.

Skiing - what were we thinking?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

That's two yinzers going at it on national TV.  Neal seems like a pretty good guy and it is solidified by his propensity for ICLight.  How he got that swill into ANGC is a mystery. 

I got that same impression of Neal P3P. 👍 I just wish he would have visited the barber before playing Augusta. Oh well many of us at a younger age featured long hair (myself included) so I probably shouldn't criticize. 

Yinzers...lol 

6 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

That's two yinzers going at it on national TV.  Neal seems like a pretty good guy and it is solidified by his propensity for ICLight.  How he got that swill into ANGC is a mystery. 

I am fairly sure Neal and his family are members of the golf club that I live a stones throw from. By all accounts he’s a really cool kid — I don’t know his family. That young Buck can play!

• Like 2

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle