The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

42 minutes ago, aenemated said:

When I was studying, observing, testing and writing code for my unrealized putting aid project (that I never finished); it's physically impossible without terrible manipulation to do a straight back straight through. Anything that tries to sell that is a scam. 

This is why some find "the one" putter and stick with it and others go through many trying to find it. And it comes down to very small numbers across more than a few metrics. There's a balance (literally) of how the toe flow will fit with our own unique motion. Which, of course, can change through the days, months and years. 

Trying to fight what works between our own motion and the balance of a particular putter is where trouble comes. We want one that feels effortless and matches our applied motion. We also can't force ourselves into one or the other.

Man, I spent a lot of time on that project. 

image.jpeg.216ef1c9ebb385726e18e239758a6a81.jpeg

Cool study.

Nice golf tan line on ankles.  Back row left set of shelves. Third shelf up from the floor. I'm thinking the plastic storage container with the blue top is holding a nice supply of orbital polisher wool pads for the detailing of your Porsche fleet. Am I correct? 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Hockey highlight of the week.

A little help please. @Peak do you speak Swedish as well?  😉

What a dive for the puck! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, touch said:

Cool study.

Nice golf tan line on ankles.  Back row left set of shelves. Third shelf up from the floor. I'm thinking the plastic storage container with the blue top is holding a nice supply of orbital polisher wool pads for the detailing of your Porsche fleet. Am I correct? 

That's actually my best pal and longtime partner in crime's shop. He 3D printed the attachment for the prototype breadboard hardware I'd put together to test out. I got no idea all the crap he has in there and it's surely gathered over the years.

This is us on our first trip to Vegas waaaaaaaay back in 2002 and when we decided to move here. 

image.jpeg.45c76b11a2b4d878eead61f02020052b.jpeg

We'd come out because our mutual friends were getting married here. Obvi happening at MGM. We were reeling from the dotcom bust and were running a business of just making websites for local businesses in the Triangle. But weren't making much money. Thought moving to San Francisco was where we should be. So we flew out for Mike and Lisa's wedding then rented a car and drove up to SF. And quickly discovered we were too broke to even put down a deposit on anything there, let alone live there.

So during a pilgrimage to Apple campus while up there, I was like "Why not just move to Vegas man? It ain't that far from all this? And it's a lot cheaper."

So we did.

And that's how I wound up here in the first place. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

18 minutes ago, aenemated said:

That's actually my best pal and longtime partner in crime's shop. He 3D printed the attachment for the prototype breadboard hardware I'd put together to test out. I got no idea all the crap he has in there and it's surely gathered over the years.

This is us on our first trip to Vegas waaaaaaaay back in 2002 and when we decided to move here. 

image.jpeg.45c76b11a2b4d878eead61f02020052b.jpeg

We'd come out because our mutual friends were getting married here. Obvi happening at MGM. We were reeling from the dotcom bust and were running a business of just making websites for local businesses in the Triangle. But weren't making much money. Thought moving to San Francisco was where we should be. So we flew out for Mike and Lisa's wedding then rented a car and drove up to SF. And quickly discovered we were too broke to even put down a deposit on anything there, let alone live there.

So during a pilgrimage to Apple campus while up there, I was like "Why not just move to Vegas man? It ain't that far from all this? And it's a lot cheaper."

So we did.

And that's how I wound up here in the first place. 

Look ! It's you BI.  Before Ink. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Peak said:

It’s our second official language and mandatory in school but I have to admit younger me wasn’t very keen on learning it 😆

I have to compliment you Peak, your command of the English language is fantastic.

You write very well sir. 

Hyvin tehty! Hyvin hoidettu!

Hyvää työtä!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Bob Lemke's Blog: Roman Gabriel added to my '55-style set

Roman Gabriel, former Rams and Eagles QB, dead at 83

For those of us that began watching football in his era and remember what a good QB he was.

RIP Mr. Gabriel

From Wilmigton, NC.

Career highlights and awards

Gabriel was the number one 1962 AFL draft pick, chosen by the Oakland Raiders, and was the number 2 1962 NFL draft pick, selected by the Los Angeles Rams. Gabriel signed with the Rams and went on to a distinguished professional career.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2024 at 5:24 PM, Petethreeput said:

First, I want to say I am impressed with how Nissan has sexed up the Rogue @aenemated 😉 I like those, and my kid wants me to get one.

How about a little rant?

Dead & Co puts out the pre-sale.  They create this huge buzz, and then about 2 weeks ago they release another batch of tickets in the same spot for the same price.  What?  Just weird.

Pearl Jam.  Pre-sale.  My wife gets in and gets the "best available" and is a considerable ways away.  About 4 hours later I am in looking to see if there might be something closer... voila, floor 38 rows back.  Why?  Makes no sense.

Pink?  No complaints, tickets were good, we had good control through the process and got the seats we wanted.

Goose.  We apply for the lottery and don't get picked so I say screw it I am not going through the rigamarole to not have seat control and get the "best available."  We have seen them a couple of times, and they are great in concert, but.  Then, 4 days after the regular seats go on sale my wife is like, "Maybe we should see Goose, we aren't going to many shows this year (remember this is the year of austerity)."  And lo and behold she sees two really good seats on the aisle for easy beer and pee runs.

The rant?  Why the build up?  Why don't the first there have the first pick?  Remember when we would have to go to the box office and get the tickets.  Times were so much simpler.  Ticketmaster didn't run the entertainment world.  They couldn't create a shortage and demand back then and then just release another 4000 tickets or whatever.

I have put my concert going on hold indefinitely.  I hate TM/LiveNation and can't participate anymore.

Second this. 

Will write more later — you don’t want to know what I spent on tickets to the Team USA Olympic Trials this weekend. I would do it again, to witness the level of competition we got to witness. Not for the experience put on by USA Wrestling and the USOC. Fan experience was laughably bad. Comical if I had not spent so much damn cheese.  Those guys need to get the hell out of 1974 and bring this event into the modern age. 

• Like 2

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

On 4/19/2024 at 12:42 PM, aenemated said:

Nelly Korda is the best golfist on earth right now.

Yep. 

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

The Omni Grove Park Inn: Grove Park Inn | Courses | GolfDigest.com

Just two Monday's ago I played here. Well it's time to play this dandy Asheville golf course again. 

They have been found. I had this base layer set already packed away. I will be layering up for my Scramble Tournament's Shotgun start at 8 AM tomorrow morning. It will almost hit 50* by the turn. OH MY. 😅

This is what conditions will be like on our first hole.

8:00 am SunnySunny 40 °F FEELS LIKE 35 °F 3 % 0 in 19 % 29 °F 64 % 9 mph NNW 30.19 in

I have my winter gloves, mittens, hand warmer packets, wool hiking socks, and toboggan hat also ready to go.

I'm hoping this will be my last winter golf warrior showing of 2024. 

7777 (1).jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, touch said:

'm hoping this will be my last winter golf warrior showing of 2024. 

... Feels like 35*? Ummm no. Just no. 

• Haha 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Feels like 35*? Ummm no. Just no. 

What do ya say coach, take a few more clubs for the first 6 holes? 😃

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... Putting tools (and styles) are always interesting. I have always viewed a putting stroke as a mini golf swing. Face opens on the backswing and closes on the follow through. There is an arc to the path of the stroke that occurs very naturally. While it is impossible to make a stroke straight back and straight thru, it is possible to come close but utilizing that technique requires manipulation. Like everything in this game what works for some doesn't work for others, and never truer than the putting stroke. In the end I think whatever you gives you the best chance at making a repeatable stroke and holing putts is your best option.

... That said, bending over naturally and comfortably from the waist, allowing your arms and hands to just hang tension free requires zero manipulation and puts you in the best possible position to make a repeatable stroke. But again, we are all different and some just struggle with putting. Then we have feel vs mechanical. I have read many posts about this putter and it is almost universally praised so I hope it brings you excellent results! 

I've basically played what I would consider a mid mallet, b60, darby, bettinardi QB11, a Newport select for a bit and I've always had an old anser hanging around.  

I just played a cold and windy 18, pace with it was a struggle for a couple holes.  Only had 8 putts on back 9 (made 2 birdies from just off in fringe) and a couple one putts from fringe.  

Currently, they bring 90% of new value used, so I figure if I lose 50 bucks if I don't like it, no big deal.  Been wanting one for a while, decided to wait for df3.  

First time in a while I could justify spending almost 5 bills on myself.  3 teenagers are spendy, especially with all 3 in spring sports

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, touch said:

The Omni Grove Park Inn: Grove Park Inn | Courses | GolfDigest.com

Just two Monday's ago I played here. Well it's time to play this dandy Asheville golf course again. 

They have been found. I had this base layer set already packed away. I will be layering up for my Scramble Tournament's Shotgun start at 8 AM tomorrow morning. It will almost hit 50* by the turn. OH MY. 😅

This is what conditions will be like on our first hole.

8:00 am SunnySunny 40 °F FEELS LIKE 35 °F 3 % 0 in 19 % 29 °F 64 % 9 mph NNW 30.19 in

I have my winter gloves, mittens, hand warmer packets, wool hiking socks, and toboggan hat also ready to go.

I'm hoping this will be my last winter golf warrior showing of 2024. 

7777 (1).jpg

You guys really are a little soft, put on an extra layer or two and you will be just fine. We had a cool day here with a high in the low 40’s, windy with a mix of sun and cloud and had a great day. The course was busy but not packed and we played in under four hours.

I had fun teasing the Toronto Maple Leaf fans in our group after their Invisible Man impression against the Bruins last night. I think the golf gods punished me (or the wind) for the first 12 holes (10 bogeys) but finished with six straight pars. Never the less, teasing Leaf fans is a sport in itself and we had a fun day.

@touch, good luck in your tournament tomorrow and I suggest clubbing up a club or two. I will have to do the same tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, touch said:

What do ya say coach, take a few more clubs for the first 6 holes? 😃

... Beyond my area of expertise. I would be insanely stiff, have no feeling in my fingers and probably heading to the clubhouse after #1. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hickory4ever said:

You guys really are a little soft, put on an extra layer or two and you will be just fine.

... In my defense I will play up to 115* and many refuse to play in that kind of heat. I don't mind hot but I really hate cold. Kinda explains why I have never followed hockey. Did you know they play on ICE?!?! 

3 minutes ago, Hickory4ever said:

You guys really are a little soft, put on an extra layer or two and you will be just fine. We had a cool day here with a high in the low 40’s, windy with a mix of sun and cloud and had a great day.

It all seems to be relative.  My L.A. buddy and I grew up in St. Louis playing golf in the cold winter climate, with stiff winds and once during a snowfall.  Now Larry will not step foot on a golf course in Southern Cal unless it's 70 degrees.  I'm fine, up here near the Canadian border, playing when the temps are in the 30's.  It's invigorating.  And I have a flask for those conditions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... In my defense I will play up to 115* and many refuse to play in that kind of heat. I don't mind hot but I really hate cold. Kinda explains why I have never followed hockey. Did you know they play on ICE?!?! 

Just kidding you. I played hockey until I was 50 and refereed until 59. I had to retire because my legs were on a three second delay😀 and the bad knee said enough is enough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Hickory4ever said:

Just kidding you. I played hockey until I was 50 and refereed until 59. I had to retire because my legs were on a three second delay😀 and the bad knee said enough is enough.

... When it comes to cold I AM soft so even kidding you aren't far off from the truth. And even though I don't watch I have the utmost respect for anyone that can compete on ice skates. 

• Like 2

Today was 50 with two club winds.  I had the longjohns on.  Slapped it around, as only I can.  It was a slow leak of strokes to a 7 over.

I hit some really good shots, I hit some really good shots that went shockingly bad, and the necessary really bad shots.

Dang we laughed a lot.  In the 19th hole the GM came and sat with us @deadsolid...shank and immediately rued the decision.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hickory4ever said:

Never the less, teasing Leaf fans is a sport in itself 

As a Habs fan, I concur...but in this case that means you are rooting for the Bruins which is a terribly unsavory action!  In my NHL "lower"archy, the list goes Boston, Toronto, then many others in no particular order.  I texted a Bruins fan last night and said," As much as I hate it, I must be a Leafs fan for the next week".  The truth is it might be only 4 games... 

I'm picking a Carolina/Edmonton battle for the Cup!

• Like 1