2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

27 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

If my poor memory is remotely accurate TL is a CO guy, where the snow is better and the the temperatures are warmer.

Colorado is easy - only a 2 hour flight to Denver and then a couple of hours to Breck. Vail and BC aren’t too far from there. Park City is also easy - only a 45 minute Uber ride from SLC. And our son is in Seattle, so we’ll hit Whistler, too, because they can drive. All are on the Epic Pass, which is why we ski those spots. Never tried Big Sky or any of the Montana hills.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Colorado is easy - only a 2 hour flight to Denver and then a couple of hours to Breck. Vail and BC aren’t too far from there. Park City is also easy - only a 45 minute Uber ride from SLC. And our son is in Seattle, so we’ll hit Whistler, too, because they can drive. All are on the Epic Pass, which is why we ski those spots. Never tried Big Sky or any of the Montana hills.

We're kind of a ski family. My son lives a short walk from the lifts at Snoqualmie and skis about 100 days a year. My grandson skied 100 days in a row when he was 11. Told me he was glad he did it but  he'd never try to  do it again. I've been skiing for 60 years and can still pizza French fry my way down the double blacks and that's about it. 😄

• Like 2

Driver - Nike Covert VS 

3W- TaylorMade R7

7W- Hippo Final decision 21deg

Irons- 5-PW Custom fitted System 3000 Tour Hot Forged w steel shafts

Cleveland 588RTX 48deg

SW- Cleveland CG12 56deg

Putter- Ping Asner3 w std grip

Posted (edited)

A 4 school HS golf match is going on now. I'm looking forward to watching some of the play. 🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

That's two yinzers going at it on national TV.  Neal seems like a pretty good guy and it is solidified by his propensity for ICLight.  How he got that swill into ANGC is a mystery. 

... Yup. Not gonna waste 1 second of my time on stephen smith or pat mcafee as I have zero interest in anything either have to say. I have never seen an episode of the Housewives of anything but from the promos, there two seem like they would be candidates. Just my opinion of course and not meant as judging anyone else's  viewing preferences. 

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

Posted (edited)

Everyone pulls for Max Homa. 🏌️‍♀️ 🙂  He's one cool real dude. 

Nice gesture Miss. 

I feel for those that don't have a Chic-fil-A in their hometown. It's so good, and their staff sets the bar in Fast Food service. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Springtime.

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Kisner the Legend in the Carolinas.

"Your snap hook is going to run out of bounds here you know that right? " 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Very Spring like for sure. We, on the other hand, have no flowers or trees in bloom. Some signs of a few trees with buds, but no leaves on the hardwoods. Sunday and Monday are forecast for a low of 38* and 37*, respectively. Even the mountain magnolia trees are showing no sign of flowers blooming.

Good Thursday, morning!

IMG_0176.jpeg

• Haha 3

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

Toura Golf CB 5-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° and Corey Paul wedges 52° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter

Posted (edited)

Lunch on a busy Thursday.

Oh happy days. The Chef made one of my favorite soups of his, Southwest Sweet Potato.

Entree

Chicken breast sauteed with peppers and onions. Yello rice and broccoli with corn.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, touch said:

Lunch on a busy Thursday.

Oh happy days. The Chef made one of my favorite soups of his, Southwest Sweet Potato.

Entree

Chicken breast sauteed with peppers and onions. Yello rice and broccoli with corn.

PXL_20240418_132127986.jpg

PXL_20240418_151156137.jpg

I'd need an hour nap after a lunch like that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Any picks on this week's Chevron Championship, an LPGA major?

I'm going with Celine Boutier and Leona Maguire.  Darkhorse pick Cheyenne Knight.

... I am sticking with my stable:

Nelly Korda,
Atthaya Tithikul 
Roening Yin 
Patty Tavatanakit 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

First, I want to say I am impressed with how Nissan has sexed up the Rogue @aenemated 😉 I like those, and my kid wants me to get one.

How about a little rant?

Dead & Co puts out the pre-sale.  They create this huge buzz, and then about 2 weeks ago they release another batch of tickets in the same spot for the same price.  What?  Just weird.

Pearl Jam.  Pre-sale.  My wife gets in and gets the "best available" and is a considerable ways away.  About 4 hours later I am in looking to see if there might be something closer... voila, floor 38 rows back.  Why?  Makes no sense.

Pink?  No complaints, tickets were good, we had good control through the process and got the seats we wanted.

Goose.  We apply for the lottery and don't get picked so I say screw it I am not going through the rigamarole to not have seat control and get the "best available."  We have seen them a couple of times, and they are great in concert, but.  Then, 4 days after the regular seats go on sale my wife is like, "Maybe we should see Goose, we aren't going to many shows this year (remember this is the year of austerity)."  And lo and behold she sees two really good seats on the aisle for easy beer and pee runs.

The rant?  Why the build up?  Why don't the first there have the first pick?  Remember when we would have to go to the box office and get the tickets.  Times were so much simpler.  Ticketmaster didn't run the entertainment world.  They couldn't create a shortage and demand back then and then just release another 4000 tickets or whatever.

I have put my concert going on hold indefinitely.  I hate TM/LiveNation and can't participate anymore.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

First, I want to say they have really say I am impressed with how Nissan has sexed up the Rogue @aenemated 😉 I like those, and my kid wants me to get one.

How about a little rant?

Dead & Co puts out the pre-sale.  They create this huge buzz, and then about 2 weeks ago they release another batch of tickets in the same spot for the same price.  What?  Just weird.

Pearl Jam.  Pre-sale.  My wife gets in and gets the "best available" and is a considerable ways away.  About 4 hours later I am in looking to see if there might be something closer... voila, floor 38 rows back.  Why?  Makes no sense.

Pink?  No complaints, tickets were good, we had good control through the process and got the seats we wanted.

Goose.  We apply for the lottery and don't get picked so I say screw it I am not going through the rigamarole to not have seat control and get the "best available."  We have seen them a couple of times, and they are great in concert, but.  Then, 4 days after the regular seats go on sale my wife is like, "Maybe we should see Goose, we aren't going to many shows this year (remember this is the year of austerity)."  And lo and behold she sees two really good seats on the aisle for easy beer and pee runs.

The rant?  Why the build up?  Why don't the first there have the first pick?  Remember when we would have to go to the box office and get the tickets.  Times were so much simpler.  Ticketmaster didn't run the entertainment world.  They couldn't create a shortage and demand back then and then just release another 4000 tickets or whatever.

I have put my concert going on hold indefinitely.  I hate TM/LiveNation and can't participate anymore.

See, the lol react was for the first part.

As to the second - 100%. It takes something really special for me to bother dealing with TM/LiveNation. I've done it maybe 3 times in the last decade - this past weekend for Bad Religion/Social D, another Social D show and ... Weird Al. Otherwise, I ain't doing it. I'd rather go support my friends in the local scene.

It's really astonishing to me that TM/LN can exist. Hell, LiveNation was buying up LITTLE venues I used to play in LA. Like WTF dude, I gotta go through them to buy tickets to the Grand Ole Echo? Back in the day; I just rolled up to the door and was just let in because, ya know, this is Trent from The Cheatin' Kind. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

7 minutes ago, aenemated said:

See, the lol react was for the first part.

As to the second - 100%. It takes something really special for me to bother dealing with TM/LiveNation. I've done it maybe 3 times in the last decade - this past weekend for Bad Religion/Social D, another Social D show and ... Weird Al. Otherwise, I ain't doing it. I'd rather go support my friends in the local scene.

It's really astonishing to me that TM/LN can exist. Hell, LiveNation was buying up LITTLE venues I used to play in LA. Like WTF dude, I gotta go through them to buy tickets to the Grand Ole Echo? Back in the day; I just rolled up to the door and was just let in because, ya know, this is Trent from The Cheatin' Kind. 

They have a monopoly on the larger venues and then they are sucking up the smaller venues as you mention.  Our local ticket distributor just created a partnership with them for his smaller local venues so he could get his feet into the bigger venue, which is the university football stadium.  When GnR, Paul McCartney, and Rolling Stones came the university had teamed up and got the proceeds.  Well, the Goose, Lettuce, and then smaller bands that want to come get sucked into the wash as well.

I never really liked the guy to begin with and would only support him and the venue if I really wanted to see the band and this summer was perfect because the kids want to come home and visit so why not sneak in a show.  We don't really have live local music, which is weird because we have really famous musicians who live amongst us... not like LA or NY, but for the population we do.

4 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Any picks on this week's Chevron Championship, an LPGA major?

I'm going with Celine Boutier and Leona Maguire.  Darkhorse pick Cheyenne Knight.

I'm a little late NCL, sorry. Wow what a busy sunny 82* day I just worked.

I'll go with one of my favorites Brook Henderson. 

For those of you that are watching the Chevron, The Club at Carlton Woods where they are now holding this woman's major is where Parker was the executive chef for a decade. He then went to The Floridian in Palm City, Florida and after that he became full time TOUR Chef. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Pre-sale.  My wife gets in and gets the "best available" and is a considerable ways away.  About 4 hours later I am in looking to see if there might be something closer... voila, floor 38 rows back.  Why?  Makes no sense.

Reminds me of getting pre-sale tickets to the Stones many years ago. GTE had just entered the DFW phone market and was the sponsor of the show. Customers were allowed to purchase tickets early. I switched phone carriers just to get early tickets, which was a pretty big hassle back then, assuming we’d get the best seats. They were awful - way off to the side at Texas Motor Speedway. We didn’t know until we were at the show. We arrived early - Matchbox 20 was the opening act and my wife was a big fan. Stadium wasn’t even half full, so we sat in the center near the stage for that show. Dave Matthews Band was next, and we got pushed back, as we had to give up our seats to the rightful ticket holders. Smashing Pumpkins were up next and the same thing happened, but we were still in the middle. During that show, I looked around at the crowd and we were in the middle of heads banging. I nudged my wife and told her to take a look around. We got a good chuckle and even back then, knew we were an outlier for the Pumpkins demographic. We ended up with decent seats for the Stones, no thanks to GTE.

• Like 1

😄  1968 Volkswagen Beetle Super Bugger Camper

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-volkswagen-beetle-super-bugger/

1968 Volkswagen Beetle Super Bugger Camper

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, touch said:

😄  1968 Volkswagen Beetle Super Bugger Camper

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-volkswagen-beetle-super-bugger/

Outstanding. 

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

5 hours ago, aenemated said:

Another new addition to the fam ... 

image.jpeg.3f0bd3cfe4375b74eb172a6730a62371.jpeg

Sometimes ya just need more space! 

Where’s Mrs. Aen new German sports car?  Did you confirm your clubs fit?

Edited by NJBigFish22

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

Posted (edited)

My it's warm here in the mountains. After multiple days in a row this week of afternoon's with the temps in the 80's under sunny skies things will be changing this weekend. :classic_sad: Great, that doesn't help my personal golf cause one bit. I was invited to play on a scramble team at Grove Park on Monday by Bill (the team's captain) who I have played twice with after just meeting him for the first time a few weeks ago at CCA. I'm no where close to "Ringer" material but I have been right steady for 5 weeks now so I probably won't suck too bad and may be able to contribute some. The not too savory news is that it's an 8 AM shotgun start and at that time on Monday here in Asheville the outdoor temperature will be 40*. Layer up LP, your winter golf warrior skills look to be tested one more time. There is no range at GPI remember, so I will be going into battle in a touch more raw shape than normal. 

😄

I'm excited and am looking forward to playing in my first scramble of year. With Captain Bill reading putts for the team (15 years member experience at GPI) I might just contribute a few with my putter too. 😄

I really like the course. It always tests me. If I am somewhat decent I can shoot my number there. The greens aren't easy. Scrambles are far different though, we all know that, one doesn't get into any normal flow while playing in them. This will be a different golf experience for me. I am anxious to see how our team does. 

I will be going into the Scramble on Monday with an "I have no idea what to expect" outlook.

Cold body/hands and unsure to start.

I wouldn't bet to heavily on our team. 😀 

Oh yeah, Noah is on a team in the tournament. That has to make that team the favorites. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Happy Friday, golfers!  It is golf therapy day for this old man and is much needed after a busy week.

347080826_1323543391561767_4676101179001412788_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

Toura Golf CB 5-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° and Corey Paul wedges 52° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter